Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='Stryffe2004']You're right. You just can't get your bar up high enough at that point in the game unless you have the ME1 xp bump.[/QUOTE]

i learned from ME1 after having to
kill Wrex
because my charm wasn't hgh enough, to max that first. I played ME2 before ME1 and survived without an import, i just happen to have ended up doing mirandas mission very last in the series so with the parapgon % bump had it over 75% when i finished hers and it triggered the confrontation event.

So you can do it, just max out your bonuses to para/ren ability, choose all one direction, and save Jack or Mirandas mission for last before hitting the Omega 4 and they should live.

as far as MP goes... SOB!! i got 2 vet packs and 7 regulars last night, got my Hum Vanguard to 11 and still not a SINGLE character unlock, and ZERO new weapons lol but i am having fun. Played with my Nephew last night and of course, his first Vet pack he gets the Krogan Soldier. anyhoots, still stoked for this game and insanely glad that the MP has become an asset and not an add on.

As for Shockwave, i have it upgraded to cascade 50% farther and do more force/damage and it is awesome against guardians and if you get a Bubble Biotic.. nailing them with upgraded shockwave with the biotic explosion improvement = BLAMMO!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It was never a glitch, it's just that the way Paragon/Renegade works in ME2 can be a little counterintuitive. In a nutshell, for a Paragon override, you're judged not only on how much Paragon you have but also by how much potential Paragon you could have had but don't (and vice versa for Renegade). So your bar can be full but you can still fail the check. That Jack/Miranda check in particular is almost impossible to pass without the bonus from an ME1 import.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll be interested to see if I can get past the Jack/Miranda check on my replay on PS3 since you didn't start with any bonuses obviously.

In any case, it's perfectly possible to win back Jack or Miranda's loyalty after the fight, with the much easier check later. In that case the only permanent harm done is the loss of the romance potential. So that's really what you should base the decision on if you're unable to keep them both happy.

Yep. On my 360 playthrough I think I passed that initial check, but not the Tali/Legion one, but was able to get Legion loyal again with the later check.

So it is pretty inconsequential anyway. I'm just curious if they adjusted the check on the PS3 version to account for not having any way to get an ME1 save starting bonus.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']In any case, it's perfectly possible to win back Jack or Miranda's loyalty after the fight, with the much easier check later. In that case the only permanent harm done is the loss of the romance potential. So that's really what you should base the decision on if you're unable to keep them both happy.[/QUOTE]

PLUS, you should be nailing Liara anyway, and if you cheat on her on ME2, all your crew dies and she becomes a Reaper in ME3... for real. Nah through all the playthroughs ive done, ive hit everything on that ship and then some. Ultimately, i am playing my "best" game loyal to Liara through both games as she seems to be the most story driven romance give the event of the comics, then Shadow Broker, and into ME3... just the more "destined" of the available options IMO.

I mean c'mon any woman that will
cross the Illusive Man, work against the collectors, take down the most powerful criminal in the galaxy, then give you back to a group that she hates while risking life and limb just to get you back
... that's a keeper. Not to mention that sweet blue ass.

My two main characters are a female who romanced Liara and remained faithful, and a male who switched from Ash to Jack. I kept meaning to do a file with a Miranda romance (she's a great character and totally hot) but I don't play as male Shepard as often and whenever I did, I found it impossible to resist Jack. :)

My romances from the 360 playthrough with male Shepherd were Liara in ME1, and total male whore in ME2. Did Miranda first, then switched to Tali, then broke that off and switched back to Liara in the DLC. Also had the casual sex encounter with Jack, and the dance scene with Kelly.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']My two main characters are a female who romanced Liara and remained faithful, and a male who switched from Ash to Jack. I kept meaning to do a file with a Miranda romance (she's a great character and totally hot) but I don't play as male Shepard as often and whenever I did, I found it impossible to resist Jack. :)[/QUOTE]

Hah, Jack is the only one I didn't romance. Four playthroughs: cheat on Liara with Miranda then Tali, stay true to Liara, stay true to Ash.

Going back to MP, the krogan soldier has been the most fun to play so far by a lot. The adept doesn't really feel all that powerful and the hit or miss nature of the cluster grenades from the drell vanguard can be disappointing. Charge makes me wish there was a krogan vanguard though :D

I finally bit on the demo. The single player portion has me really excited for the release, and multiplayer is so much more fun than I thought. It sucks that some progress doesn't carry over into the game, but it really is a blast.

I'm still not really understanding this whole "Galaxy at War" thing, but I'll probably turn it off on my initial playthrough anyway.

Male engineer seems perfectly balanced. Not too strong, not too weak. I haven't really explored other classes as I'm usually paired with adepts and infiltrators in random quick matches.

[quote name='matto1233']I'm still not really understanding this whole "Galaxy at War" thing, but I'll probably turn it off on my initial playthrough anyway.[/QUOTE]
When you get a multiplayer character to level 20, you can Promote them into the main game, where they translate into +50 or whatever to your Galactic Readiness level. Then you can begin a new multiplayer character and repeat the process. That's how I understand it.

I haven't been this hyped for a game in a long time. I have already warned my girlfriend that I am going to be shouting strange phrases into the TV in a few weeks and that I might be having more sex with the blue chick. And I really can't believe how much fun the multi-player is with friends. The only change they need to do is with the setup(and not the gameplay). I would like the ability to fill open slots with randoms, and I hope they give a timer in between matches to limit the time you have to spec your character So pumped.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Hah, Jack is the only one I didn't romance. Four playthroughs: cheat on Liara with Miranda then Tali, stay true to Liara, stay true to Ash.

Going back to MP, the krogan soldier has been the most fun to play so far by a lot. The adept doesn't really feel all that powerful and the hit or miss nature of the cluster grenades from the drell vanguard can be disappointing. Charge makes me wish there was a krogan vanguard though :D[/QUOTE]

yeah, the Krogan soldier is a beast, my nephew was mocking me with his last night. I want the Krogan Sentinel but agree that a Krogan Vanguard would be awesome... but i can see the Sentinel being full of badasery.. i wish i could unlock a single frickin one of them... although that will be my goal over the next few days off starting tonight, will hopefully have at least 3 spots full goin in all night so should be able to at least clear all the bronze stuff.

My hype level has been at max since the first trailer and has not let up, having a MP Horde style that i can transfer into my SP game, have fun with friends, and actually enjoy playing unlike the CoD treadmill.... it just secures this franchise into my #1 spot of all time video gaming. Which reminds me, I shoul dbe getting my new lithograph of Earth Alliance from Bioware today woot!!

just replayed thru the single player portions of the demo again... and I liked it even less than initially, the controls/gameplay just seem off. the running is weird and the combat seems worse than I remember Mass Effect 2 being. and graphics don't seem to have improved at all.

it's still good, but it's been like 3 years? was hoping for more. that being said, it's just a demo so maybe my opinion will change when the full/complete game is out. and multiplayer is a blast at least.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I just watched the trailer that played during last night's Walking Dead episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs7kix6_8Ks

Made me even more amped for this game if possible![/QUOTE]

That is fantastic. It really captures the true scope of the game, and what you're fighting for.

just replayed thru the single player portions of the demo again... and I liked it even less than initially, the controls/gameplay just seem off. the running is weird and the combat seems worse than I remember Mass Effect 2 being. and graphics don't seem to have improved at all.

it's still good, but it's been like 3 years? was hoping for more. that being said, it's just a demo so maybe my opinion will change when the full/complete game is out. and multiplayer is a blast at least.

Wow, that surprises me. Everything seemed so much smoother in the demo compared to all the other Mass Effect games. I really liked it, I felt like I was playing Gears with a twist. For real.

[quote name='Arikado']Man, multiplayer is a fucking blast. After initially being skeptical, I am happy to eat crow. I can see myself clocking some serious time into the mode... after I clock in a billion hours in single player.

This game is going to own my soul.[/QUOTE]

Good thing we've been doing those timed power cleans for the past twenty-four months. Preparation is crucial in times like these. The game will last twice as long with RL being in slow-mo.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']just replayed thru the single player portions of the demo again... and I liked it even less than initially, the controls/gameplay just seem off. the running is weird and the combat seems worse than I remember Mass Effect 2 being. and graphics don't seem to have improved at all.

it's still good, but it's been like 3 years? was hoping for more. that being said, it's just a demo so maybe my opinion will change when the full/complete game is out. and multiplayer is a blast at least.[/QUOTE]

Just coming off my last playthrough of ME2 i notice a huge difference. The textures, mapping, lighting, scale, animations, synch.. everything i have seen improvements on. The storm speed is different but i actually prefer it to the " clunk, clunk, clunk " trotting of the first two. It quickens the pace and since the environments are bigger makes getting to where you need to go quicker. Nothing i hated more was getting plowed in the head and back as i tried to trot to cover in a tense firefight.

But you are right, it is just a demo, and with being sold on MP thus far, I can see this taking center stage in my game playing for quite some time. I will even most likely run a full trilogy run again (for the 5th time) once i see how what decisions do what in the end.

[quote name='Freemason']Just coming off my last playthrough of ME2 i notice a huge difference. The textures, mapping, lighting, scale, animations, synch.. everything i have seen improvements on. The storm speed is different but i actually prefer it to the " clunk, clunk, clunk " trotting of the first two. It quickens the pace and since the environments are bigger makes getting to where you need to go quicker. Nothing i hated more was getting plowed in the head and back as i tried to trot to cover in a tense firefight.

But you are right, it is just a demo, and with being sold on MP thus far, I can see this taking center stage in my game playing for quite some time. I will even most likely run a full trilogy run again (for the 5th time) once i see how what decisions do what in the end.[/QUOTE]

yeah I plan on starting up another Mass Effect 2 playthrough (got all DLC now), I haven't played it since it released so I'm just saying I thought I remember combat and everything feeling smoother than this ME3 single player demo. But it's been several years so I'm sure I could be remembering wrong haha. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the ME3 demo by any means, just that it doesn't feel super polished or as good/smooth as I had hoped.

[quote name='HydroX']Male engineer seems perfectly balanced. Not too strong, not too weak. I haven't really explored other classes as I'm usually paired with adepts and infiltrators in random quick matches.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been playing with X and Arikado when we've played. The fully leveled Combat Drone is amazing. Also, the stun with Incinerate is godlike. I want to try out the Salarian Engineer, but my luck is turds with getting aliens. I do have the Quarian Engineer but I prefer the Human over that.

The Reapers already invaded Earth. That means that they won. Unless they suck and can't finish the job. Why's Shepard even fighting? If they win Earth will still be a crater unless the Reapers suck and can't finish the job.

[quote name='GhostShark']It can be rebuilt. The Citadel was nearly destroyed and it was rebuilt.[/QUOTE]

The Citadel is much smaller than Earth though and that was attacked by just 1 reaper. Earth is getting attacked by (just guessing) all of them. Which seems pretty dumb when you think about it. Why would the Reapers put all their eggs in the Earth basket. What's so special about Earth? Oil? Coal? Just have to play the game to find out.

[quote name='matrix9280']What's so special about Earth?[/QUOTE]
That's answered in ME2. Shepard is the only credible opposition to the Reapers' plan, thus they're uniquely fascinated with/threatened by humanity.

I should probably get in on the multiplayer before the game comes out.

I'm currently playing 2 for the first time on my Paragon run, so I've been trying to avoid this thread to spare me from spoilers.

However, from what I've heard the multiplayer doesn't really have spoilers in it, so I think I'd be safe to play that. :D

[quote name='matrix9280']The Citadel is much smaller than Earth though and that was attacked by just 1 reaper. Earth is getting attacked by (just guessing) all of them. Which seems pretty dumb when you think about it. Why would the Reapers put all their eggs in the Earth basket. What's so special about Earth? Oil? Coal? Just have to play the game to find out.[/QUOTE]

The Reapers are hitting all the major global capital cities first. According to lore and what Vigil stated during his speech in ME1, they systematically destroy ALL advanced civilizations. The reason Earth is important is that at the end of ME2
Shepard basically gave them a big fuck you and Harbinger released control of the Prothean General and was heard stating, "You have caught the attention of those infinitely your superior." So basically after the events of The Arrival and Shepards boot to their ass, they are coming to make an example of Earth first.

Since they can
no longer gain access to the Citadel or the Keepers... they gotta start someplace.
They put all their eggs in one basket because they do not fear us and feel that there is no way we can retaliate with enough force or unity to stop them... until we prove them wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Freemason']The Reapers are hitting all the major global capital cities first. According to lore and what Vigil stated during his speech in ME1, they systematically destroy ALL advanced civilizations. The reason Earth is important is that at the end of ME2
Shepard basically gave them a big fuck you and Harbinger released control of the Prothean General and was heard stating, "You have caught the attention of those infinitely your superior." So basically after the events of The Arrival and Shepards boot to their ass, they are coming to make an example of Earth first.

Since they can
no longer gain access to the Citadel or the Keepers... they gotta start someplace.
They put all their eggs in one basket because they do not fear us and feel that there is no way we can retaliate with enough force or unity to stop them... until we prove them wrong.[/QUOTE]First rule of any war, you attempt to decapitate the command and control of your enemy, and hitting all of Earth's major cities at once is the best way of doing that.

It's also mentioned that
in the demo, Alliance Command has lost contact with everything beyond the Sol relay, which would show that the Reapers have been systematically working their way to Earth by taking out everything else in their path on the way. Arrival showed that they need the mass effect relays as much as the other races do, though it just delays them in making their way to our space from the intergalactic space if they're not there.

We've seen the Alliance fleet above Earth in ruins and it's a safe bet that anything that was in lunar orbit was equally destroyed. The Reapers likely think that there's not much to defend Earth, so they'll probably be less likely to expect any resistance. Once they figure out that Shepard has escaped, they'll go hunt him/her down with as many ships as they can.

From Vigil's speech in ME1, we also found out that the Reapers miss some Protheans that weren't in stasis on Ilos, so they aren't 100% systematic in eliminating all sentient life. I'm sure some of them
fled from Ilos to Mars, which is why we find the Prothean archive on Mars, since Vigil mentioned that the Protheans were working on a way to fight the Reapers, though ran out of time to do so before they were wiped out. Most likely, that's what we find on Mars when we end up there.

The Reapers know that Shepard is the first "lesser" race to give them trouble, especially since he was able to get enough supporters behind him to destroy Sovereign, though we don't know where he fits into Reaper hierarchy and use that to judge how to take out the other Reapers. The Reapers know that having even one of their own destroyed is enough reason to find Shepard and kill him/her, and barring that, destroy the human race to there's not enough support behind Shepard to give the Reapers any more trouble. I doubt they would believe that Shepard could get all the Council races and other races (Rachni, Quarians, geth, etc.) against the Reapers.

And then again, we know the Batarians don't like Shepard one bit (300,000 dead Batarians from Arrival's mass effect gate destruction, so we're not sure where they'll figure into the mix, either.

[quote name='shrike4242']First rule of any war, you attempt to decapitate the command and control of your enemy, and hitting all of Earth's major cities at once is the best way of doing that. [/QUOTE]

Exactly
movieIndependenceDay.jpg

[quote name='shrike4242']First rule of any war, you attempt to decapitate the command and control of your enemy, and hitting all of Earth's major cities at once is the best way of doing that.

It's also mentioned that
in the demo, Alliance Command has lost contact with everything beyond the Sol relay, which would show that the Reapers have been systematically working their way to Earth by taking out everything else in their path on the way. Arrival showed that they need the mass effect relays as much as the other races do, though it just delays them in making their way to our space from the intergalactic space if they're not there.

We've seen the Alliance fleet above Earth in ruins and it's a safe bet that anything that was in lunar orbit was equally destroyed. The Reapers likely think that there's not much to defend Earth, so they'll probably be less likely to expect any resistance. Once they figure out that Shepard has escaped, they'll go hunt him/her down with as many ships as they can.

From Vigil's speech in ME1, we also found out that the Reapers miss some Protheans that weren't in stasis on Ilos, so they aren't 100% systematic in eliminating all sentient life. I'm sure some of them
fled from Ilos to Mars, which is why we find the Prothean archive on Mars, since Vigil mentioned that the Protheans were working on a way to fight the Reapers, though ran out of time to do so before they were wiped out. Most likely, that's what we find on Mars when we end up there.

The Reapers know that Shepard is the first "lesser" race to give them trouble, especially since he was able to get enough supporters behind him to destroy Sovereign, though we don't know where he fits into Reaper hierarchy and use that to judge how to take out the other Reapers. The Reapers know that having even one of their own destroyed is enough reason to find Shepard and kill him/her, and barring that, destroy the human race to there's not enough support behind Shepard to give the Reapers any more trouble. I doubt they would believe that Shepard could get all the Council races and other races (Rachni, Quarians, geth, etc.) against the Reapers.

And then again, we know the Batarians don't like Shepard one bit (300,000 dead Batarians from Arrival's mass effect gate destruction, so we're not sure where they'll figure into the mix, either.
[/QUOTE]

EXCELLENT breakdown. You covered the salient points from Vigil in ME1. Nice job.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']When you get a multiplayer character to level 20, you can Promote them into the main game, where they translate into +50 or whatever to your Galactic Readiness level. Then you can begin a new multiplayer character and repeat the process. That's how I understand it.[/QUOTE]

I got the infiltrator to 20 last night, the XP stops but it says you can go to 700,000XP however it won't allow any more progression. Does promoting net you any benefits other than saying I "presigted?"

I'm really looking fwd to the MP aspect of this game. I know I'm going to enjoy the campaign, of course. I don't even minid that much all my demo progress will be pixels in the wind soon.

After playing the soldier w/the AR...I thought he was rather weak compared to everyone w/biotics until I gave him typed ammo, AR upgrade, and recharge drugs. I think it's necessary to use equipment on gold level. This at 18th lvl made silver level challenging and fun, I also didn't feel useless. (for those that didn't know, equipment lasts for the entire mission not just one wave...hee hee oops)

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']EXCELLENT breakdown. You covered the salient points from Vigil in ME1. Nice job.[/QUOTE]Thanks.

The other thing is that
in Arrival, it showed that destroying the mass effect relays is something that could be done, though hitting one with an asteroid or other large mass isn't something that could be done overnight. Even the dreadnaught-class ships put out by the asari, turians and humans aren't likely to do much to a mass effect relay unless you hit it head-on and blew up the ship's FTL drive as it was entering the relay.

Since none of the current races can make a new mass effect relay, destroying them to slow down/stop the Reapers isn't a viable long-term goal because it would isolate anywhere that isn't easily reachable by FTL-capable ships.

The Protheans had an idea of what it might take to destroy the Reapers for good, though as we know, they didn't have time to complete it. I doubt it'll be some weapon in the conventional sense, so I'm sure we'll find out over time what it really is.

[quote name='shrike4242']First rule of any war, you attempt to decapitate the command and control of your enemy, and hitting all of Earth's major cities at once is the best way of doing that.

It's also mentioned that

[/QUOTE]
In Arrival, when Shepard first pushes the button to launch the asteroid at the relay, there was a small decision in which you could either call the Normandy for pickup or warn the Batarians in the system. If you decide to warn the Batarians, he is interrupted by the lady who brought Shepard to the lab and Shepard never completes what he was saying. That small thing hasn't really been talked about, but I'm wondering if it will have SOME impact on the role of the Batarians in ME3.

Alright, so the amazingness that is the ME3 MP demo kept me around here a bit longer than initially anticipated. I'm definitely glad I got in some games with at least half the regulars here (and sorry I didn't make it in to all the lobbies people were playing in, maybe I'll still get a chance to before launch). It's interesting to put a voice/personality to a few usernames in here and, of course, I'm sure everyone that was able to play with me was left speechless after being in the presence of the legendary X for a few rounds of Mass Effect goodness
joke.png

HOWEVER...the war for Earth and for the entire galaxy starts very soon, and it's my job to put in ample playtime into ME2 before then to make sure that my characters are completely ready. Not gonna lie, I have a pretty packed schedule as it is -- so I probably won't be doing too much more ME3 MP before March 6th (and certainly none until I get all of my main characters' playthroughs finished).

So, with that in mind, as of this post I am completely removing myself from this thread until "some undetermined time" after the game's launch (save for one OP update tomorrow with the extended version of the Take Back Earth trailer). That includes unsubscribing to this thread and refraining from "peeking in" to see what people are talking about. If you want/need to reach me for any reason, PMs via CAG or XBL will have to do. I expect you guys to be able to police yourselves just fine (hell, we have one of CAG's most active mods in the house); and to understand that pretty much anything from here on out aside from expectations, general anticipation, gathering people for MP, or information regarding deals/events surrounding the game's release should be considered spoiler material and that it should be spoiler-tagged out of decency for your fellow CAG. Remember guys, the game has gone gold now -- so there will soon be YouTube vids, screenshot leaks, articles, Twitter updates, Facebook posts, threads, and more flooding the 'net. Please try and keep this a safe haven for people who aren't willing to bury themselves deep underground until the game's release.

Until we meet/talk again, I hope you guys find a worthwhile way of passing the time between now and March 5th at midnight. You all can certainly expect to see awesome builds, (potentially) cool videos, a thorough breakdown/discussion of the plot elements, and much more from me in the not-too-distant future. For now, though, I should go...

[My outro music:]

X, if you need OP updates done, PM me and I'll take care of it, since I know you'll be in the ME3-spoiler proof bunker in the meantime.

[quote name='matto1233']
In Arrival, when Shepard first pushes the button to launch the asteroid at the relay, there was a small decision in which you could either call the Normandy for pickup or warn the Batarians in the system. If you decide to warn the Batarians, he is interrupted by the lady who brought Shepard to the lab and Shepard never completes what he was saying. That small thing hasn't really been talked about, but I'm wondering if it will have SOME impact on the role of the Batarians in ME3.
[/QUOTE]
I'm sure it has some decision point in ME3, though with the small amount of time that happens between when Shepard launches the asteroid at the mass effect relay and when it impacts and sets it off, I can't see many Batarians being saved from the planet's demise. Maybe ships in orbit fleeing the system, though I can't see much else in the way of saving anyone from on the planet's surface.

Since I would think the Batarians are looking for Shepard's hide nailed to a wall regardless if they were warned in advance of the mass effect relay destruction, there's still 300K dead Batarians at the hands of Shepard's decision.

I had an idea the other day....what about if a 2nd ME3 focused thread is started that is either spoiler-full or spoiler-free, that way people can talk freely in one, and keep the conversation spoiler-free in the other. Just a thought. I'm still avoiding spoilers like the plague, but it's hard having that damn artbook in my hands. I still feel dirty for playing the SP portion of the demo.

I've fallen in love with the Turian Sentinel. Overload with the Neutral Shock upgrade is f*cking ridiculous. With 1080 in shields and 700 health I'm debating whether I should continue boosting up weapon stability to make maining a Hornet less taxing or forget it and fully max out protection.

Oh, and can I PLEASE stop getting Quarian Engineer instead of Salarian already? Jesus... I've unlocked every aesthetic option there is (lol @ skin tone indeed) and I'd prefer a new shotgun, another Soldier, or assault rifle instead. Hell... I'll even take another sniper at this point. I was overjoyed to snag a Widow until I ran a game with it. ...Ew. Very little pros and too many cons to consider using on a regular basis.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Oh, and can I PLEASE stop getting Quarian Engineer instead of Salarian already? Jesus... I've unlocked every aesthetic option there is (lol @ skin tone indeed) and I'd prefer a new shotgun, another Soldier, or assault rifle instead. Hell... I'll even take another sniper at this point. I was overjoyed to snag a Widow until I ran a game with it. ...Ew. Very little pros and too many cons to consider using on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly sure Salarian Engineer isn't unlockable in the demo.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I've fallen in love with the Turian Sentinel. Overload with the Neutral Shock upgrade is f*cking ridiculous. With 1080 in shields and 700 health I'm debating whether I should continue boosting up weapon stability to make maining a Hornet less taxing or forget it and fully max out protection.

Oh, and can I PLEASE stop getting Quarian Engineer instead of Salarian already? Jesus... I've unlocked every aesthetic option there is (lol @ skin tone indeed) and I'd prefer a new shotgun, another Soldier, or assault rifle instead. Hell... I'll even take another sniper at this point. I was overjoyed to snag a Widow until I ran a game with it. ...Ew. Very little pros and too many cons to consider using on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see more Turians in game. I still haven't played with a single salarian. Almost makes me want to develop my infiltrator over my krogan. Almost.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I've fallen in love with the Turian Sentinel. Overload with the Neutral Shock upgrade is f*cking ridiculous. With 1080 in shields and 700 health I'm debating whether I should continue boosting up weapon stability to make maining a Hornet less taxing or forget it and fully max out protection.

Oh, and can I PLEASE stop getting Quarian Engineer instead of Salarian already? Jesus... I've unlocked every aesthetic option there is (lol @ skin tone indeed) and I'd prefer a new shotgun, another Soldier, or assault rifle instead. Hell... I'll even take another sniper at this point. I was overjoyed to snag a Widow until I ran a game with it. ...Ew. Very little pros and too many cons to consider using on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]

myself and one other infiltrator both armed w/widows have beaten bronze on both bases consistantly without any problems. it punches through guardian riot shields, can take down a centurion w/fill shields if you're cloaked, and there's less reason to fire a rocket at atlas if you're both dropping antimatter rounds into. the whole 1-shot, 1-kill sayinig applies to it. I personally love it for the infiltrator, for the sentinal I use other sniper rifles due to the weight.

yeah, I'm convinced some races/class combos aren't unlockable in the demo. you think you would have encounter other ppl playing them by now. I've seen a lot of different wpns though and some I think are from merchandise promos...besides, it's just the demo. :D

Screw you guys and your Salarian wants lol, i got to level 13 on my Vangaurd, 6 soldier, and 2 vet packs and one recruit pack later... STILL have not unlocked a SINGLE alternate race/class lol... OR another weapon outside the Mattock... sigh. i'll work on it more today.

Shrike, good summary and since we are discussing possibility, what you do think of

- Saving the Destiny Ascension in ME1 - could that beast drop a Mass Effect Relay?
- The Prothean "Spheres" you find I believe 2 of total between 1 and 2, what are they gonna be for?
- How many Rachni do you think are out there and where will they come into play?
- Where do you think the tertiary races will fall into play, i.e. Elcor, Volus, Batarian, Yog (Shadow Brokers), Varren?
- Do you think that the ultimate end will be some massive heartbreaker like Shepard sacrificing himself, or choosing between your friends and a planet type of consequence?
- If a Batarian is near sighted in one set of eyes and farsighted in the other set, does he see in 3-D?
- Will the Geth, if you reprogram them to follow Legions logic, share the Quarian homeworld with them in the end or ultimately give it back to them?
- Will the Migrant Fleet at some point come riding in " Gandalf and Riders of Rohan Style " at some point like a massive Cavalry attack to save the day and secure a place finally amongst the other council races?
- Will EDI and Joker have crazy VI Lovin and make little Normandy's?
- How will Liara being Shadow Broker contribute to the campaign in ME3? Since the old SB had connections and dealing with the Collectors, in turn the Reapers, there must be some info she will have on them. Since they do nt seem to know that he has been replaced, how will this beneift the team?
- With Mordin obviously working to cure the Genophage, if it does happen, will the Krogan rise to become a threat again?
- Who else is already thinking Game of the year 2012?
There are some topics to discuss. Enjoy fellow nerds.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I'd like to see more Turians in game. I still haven't played with a single salarian. Almost makes me want to develop my infiltrator over my krogan. Almost.[/QUOTE]

Mine is a complete bad ass. My biggest gripe is the lack of a dash/evade roll. So annoying having to rely on the slow ass turtle turn and THEN sprint away. Ruins the flow of combat and more often than not contributes to me taking damage I wouldn't in most situations.

[quote name='100xp']myself and one other infiltrator both armed w/widows have beaten bronze on both bases consistantly without any problems. it punches through guardian riot shields, can take down a centurion w/fill shields if you're cloaked, and there's less reason to fire a rocket at atlas if you're both dropping antimatter rounds into. the whole 1-shot, 1-kill sayinig applies to it. I personally love it for the infiltrator, for the sentinal I use other sniper rifles due to the weight. :D[/QUOTE]

My main issue with it is I've already found easier solutions to nearly every problem it could solve on its own so dealing with the cooldown speed reduction and reload speed isn't worth the trouble. Plus I've been bullshitted out of one shot headshots on Silver plenty of times. Still fun to use though.

Now that I've gotten comfortable playing on Silver with different classes in public I'm interested in tackling Gold with a full team. If anyone is interested get at me. Main classes are Quarian Engineer, Turian Sentinel and Asari Adept until I can get my hands something new or another Soldier so I can make a tank.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Mine is a complete bad ass. My biggest gripe is the lack of a dash/evade roll. So annoying having to rely on the slow ass turtle turn and THEN sprint away. Ruins the flow of combat and more often than not contributes to me taking damage I wouldn't in most situations.

My main issue with it is I've already found easier solutions to nearly every problem it could solve on its own so dealing with the cooldown speed reduction and reload speed isn't worth the trouble. Plus I've been bullshitted out of one shot headshots on Silver plenty of times. Still fun to use though.

Now that I've gotten comfortable playing on Silver with different classes in public I'm interested in tackling Gold with a full team. If anyone is interested get at me. Main classes are Quarian Engineer, Turian Sentinel and Asari Adept until I can get my hands something new or another Soldier so I can make a tank.[/QUOTE]

there's lag, i've gotten headshots when I probably shouldn't have and missed headshots when I visually saw the tracer round hit his head...but I get more shots in that I felt I would never because console has some magnetism. Still, 2 infiltrators pwning bronze is very rewarding plus you get a ton of XP because you'll almost always get 75+ kills and the bonus XP that goes with it.

the soldier shines when you give him equipment bonuses, the recharge one was rather helpful. I was almost always in A_rush the entire time. Being able to cut down a phantom as it runs towards you is very satisfying.

I was wondering why sentinals had a movement penalty reduction perk, and I noticed they can't evade or roll. I thought it was only turians for a minute.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']It's just Turians making me wonder if it's a glitch or intentional. I can roll as much as I want as a human Sentinel.[/QUOTE]

imo, what's seen in the demo isn't the final finished product...I think there's some glitches. turians can still take cover, climb ladders, and I believe I vaulted over some terrain last I played. hopefully the release version is more polished in all aspects and this is just a glitch. I really want to unlock the turian soldier.

it would seem strange that the turian race can't evade or roll especially if they're available in other classes. can krogan soldier roll?

[quote name='100xp']it would seem strange that the turian race can't evade or roll especially if they're available in other classes.[/QUOTE]
Turians have the reach, but not the flexibility.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Turians have the reach, but not the flexibility.[/QUOTE]

well then...so much for technology allowing them to have a suit that permits them to roll on their chicken arms without breaking them. thanks for the insight.

Krogan Soldiers (I just got one about 15 minutes ago) don't have an evade or roll either which would make sense from a lore standpoint. Considering the fact they can melee damn near everything to oblivion and back I don't mind it. No self respecting Krogan would bother rolling anyway.

Sentinels on the other hand... it just doesn't make much sense. I hope they fix it if it's a glitch. If not, I hope they reconsider putting it back in.

bread's done
Back