Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

I just read the Drew Karpyshyn ending that supposedly got scrapped

Basically, dark energy is slowly threatening to destroy the universe and the reapers are a response to try and stop that, harvesting and integrating the intelligent organic species every cycle in the hopes that the acquired intelligence/genetic diversity can help them solve the problem. I think it's a little weaker than what they landed on, but it would have presented a clear dichotomy to the player: destroy the reapers and try to counteract dark energy on your own or submit to the plan in some fashion.

Also, I would say >75% of threads on BSN are complaining about the ending.

edit: Now BSN isn't even responding. Overloaded?

[quote name='Anexanhume']I just read the Drew Karpyshyn ending that supposedly got scrapped

Basically, dark energy is slowly threatening to destroy the universe and the reapers are a response to try and stop that, harvesting and integrating the intelligent organic species every cycle in the hopes that the acquired intelligence/genetic diversity can help them solve the problem. I think it's a little weaker than what they landed on, but it would have presented a clear dichotomy to the player: destroy the reapers and try to counteract dark energy on your own or submit to the plan in some fashion.

Also, I would say >75% of threads on BSN are complaining about the ending.

edit: Now BSN isn't even responding. Overloaded?[/QUOTE]Nerd rage in full mass effect, I think.

[quote name='shrike4242']Nerd rage in full mass effect, I think.[/QUOTE]
It probably means one thing, Mass Effect MMO!

Major spoilers, also major LOLs

mnK7s.jpg

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It's more like, certain major plot events make certain locations and NPCs unavailable, so you can no longer finish their quests. But for the most part you can tell when you are approaching a major turning point in the story. It's akin to ME2 where mandatory plot missions would trigger when you finished all of your outstanding dossiers. If you want to be totally safe, just avoid progressing the plot at all until you have done all of the sidequests you want to do. But as far as I know, there's no 'invisible 2 hour timer' or something like that before an opportunity expires.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok... yeah, that sounds more logical than what I was thinking.:lol:

I'm only one hour in and I can't decide which game's beginning segment I liked more, ME2's or ME3's.:whistle2:k

[quote name='Rodimus']I took my time with Kasumi's mission. It says to visit a terminal at the embassy but nothing is popping up. Am I screwed?[/QUOTE]

It's difficult to tell with the information you provide. There are kind of 3 dividing story points that will cut off citadel quests. You'll know what they are when you reach them, and you can't go back after the third anyway.

So, did you start the quest before
the citadel is attacked?
? That's what seems to be getting most people.

[quote name='Rodimus']I took my time with Kasumi's mission. It says to visit a terminal at the embassy but nothing is popping up. Am I screwed?[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened to me, I think it's an actual glitch. Something like if you don't access the terminals you're supposed to access before leaving that area (Citadel Embassies block), it becomes disabled and you can't complete the quest.

[quote name='Anexanhume']It's difficult to tell with the information you provide. There are kind of 3 dividing story points that will cut off citadel quests. You'll know what they are when you reach them, and you can't go back after the third anyway.

So, did you start the quest before
the citadel is attacked?
? That's what seems to be getting most people.[/QUOTE]

I tried to finish it before the
Citadel attack
, but couldn't find anything even though it was still hilighted in my mission to-do-list. This was during the missions on Tuchunka. I gave up on it and a few others. I did the
Citadel attack
last night so I guess I'm screwed out of completing a few missions.

Is there any way to tell if a system needs to be scanned? It seems like the percentage doesn't appear until you at least fine one thug in it. But I swear some of these systems have nothing because I have scanned it a couple times.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Is there any way to tell if a system needs to be scanned? It seems like the percentage doesn't appear until you at least fine one thug in it. But I swear some of these systems have nothing because I have scanned it a couple times.[/QUOTE]

This is true. Some systems don't have anything. Most of them don't have a reaper on them in the map, but a few still do.

[quote name='shrike4242']Nerd rage in full mass effect, I think.[/QUOTE]

Man no kidding lol you should see the beating I am taking on amazon for giving it a 5 Star Rating lol I have people LITERALLY making shit up that isn't even in my review and saying I am calling the gaming community retards for not agreeing with their 2.5/10 rating. Sorry but fuck you, i loved it, and no matter how much trolling and hate and whiny "i deserved more" pricks I get, the more I defend it.

OH and for those that do not know, and are wanting more story post on the crew after the events of ME3, April 22nd the new comic series comes out penned by Mac Walters with each issue focusing on each member starting with James Vega. So I think lwe're ooking at a cross medium continuation of the ME universe.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Is there any way to tell if a system needs to be scanned? It seems like the percentage doesn't appear until you at least fine one thug in it. But I swear some of these systems have nothing because I have scanned it a couple times.[/QUOTE]
I thought the systems with reapers attacking were the only ones that had artifacts/oil/whatever.

[quote name='Freemason']OH and for those that do not know, and are wanting more story post on the crew after the events of ME3, April 22nd the new comic series comes out penned by Mac Walters with each issue focusing on each member starting with James Vega. So I think lwe're ooking at a cross medium continuation of the ME universe.[/QUOTE]
After the events of ME3?
So we get to follow the characters as they either starve to death marooned on an unknown planet with no hope of rescue, or starve to death on a ruined, dying Earth overflowing with alien refugees? Should be a rousing comic series!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']After the events of ME3?
So we get to follow the characters as they either starve to death marooned on an unknown planet with no hope of rescue, or starve to death on a ruined, dying Earth overflowing with alien refugees? Should be a rousing comic series!
[/QUOTE]

That entire Normandy ending sequence made no sense. What planet could they have crash landed on anyway? In our cluster, the only planet with trees is Earth....so either that sequence had them outrunning a blast only to crashland on Earth, or they decided to beat the blast to a relay, jump somewhere, and crashed there.

Then we have to consider...if the blast farked up the Normandy, it likely took every other ship in the galaxy out. With the quarians and turians having no food to eat on Earth, the Sword fleet getting wiped out, the only refugees left are those who survived the Hammer strike.

Is it difficult to save characters from past games? Like I get that I have to make the right decisions but will the occurrence of those decision be difficult to come by (like having to find some obscure tablet or read some message)?

I've been told that certain allies from past games can die. I've become rather fond of Tali, Miranda, Thane, Garrus... well, pretty much everyone except for Jack. And I'd hate to lose some of them. And I'd hate it even more to have to play this game more than once due to time constraints.

Bah, I feel like I need a guide for this game.

It, from what I have seen, start right after or during the ending events, i am not sure yet. All I have seen it referred to as is Homeworlds. But, after reading the synopsis of issue #2 on the wiki, it appears to depict Tali's first trip to the Citadel when she uncovered Sarens treachery. So perhaps it is a prequel series.

If you choose synthesis ending, since Joker walks out of the Normandy noramlly and with his green tint, i assume the synthetic rewrite to the genetic code made them immune to toxins or other atmospheric events such as the Geth were, and cured his disease, so logically we could assume that the Normandy could have jumped through a relay before they were blown as it doesn't really show at what point in time the escape is happening. From my recollection, it bounced off the relays and the Normandy looked as if it was outrunning the END of the blast wave, meaning it could have been about anyplace depending on the relay jump... but that is just my idea.

[quote name='Vinny']Is it difficult to save characters from past games? Like I get that I have to make the right decisions but will the occurrence of those decision be difficult to come by (like having to find some obscure tablet or read some message)?

I've been told that certain allies from past games can die. I've become rather fond of Tali, Miranda, Thane, Garrus... well, pretty much everyone except for Jack. And I'd hate to lose some of them. And I'd hate it even more to have to play this game more than once due to time constraints.

Bah, I feel like I need a guide for this game.[/QUOTE]

Play it and find out :) if you want a spoiler
Most of the characters from ME2 play their own role in which you cannot change what happens to them. You will see them all in ME3, but some you will save, some you will not. Garrus, Tali, and Liara are the only original emmbers you can actually add to your squad regularly.

[quote name='Vinny']Is it difficult to save characters from past games? Like I get that I have to make the right decisions but will the occurrence of those decision be difficult to come by (like having to find some obscure tablet or read some message)?

Bah, I feel like I need a guide for this game.[/QUOTE]

I did a "paragon" approach on my first run-through and completed literally every single side quest as it became available. Thus I think things went as "well" for the ME1/2 characters as they could have. All sorts of spoilers here:
I don't believe you can save Thane or Legion. If they survived ME2, they will expire as part of the main story arc. You may be able to save Mordin by making a particularly nasty decision. He will die if you take the more virtuous route. Jack, Samara, Zaeed, Jacob and Grunt survived their sequences and became war assets. Miranda survived Sanctuary. Garrus, Liara and Tali were on my squad and did just fine. Ashley backed down protecting the council on Citadel and joined my squad.
So yeah. That's about the best I suspect you can do. Ignoring some characters can change some of their fates, as can your access to persuasion and intimidation commands

[quote name='Freemason']It, from what I have seen, start right after or during the ending events, i am not sure yet. All I have seen it referred to as is Homeworlds. But, after reading the synopsis of issue #2 on the wiki, it appears to depict Tali's first trip to the Citadel when she uncovered Sarens treachery. So perhaps it is a prequel series.

If you choose synthesis ending, since Joker walks out of the Normandy noramlly and with his green tint, i assume the synthetic rewrite to the genetic code made them immune to toxins or other atmospheric events such as the Geth were, and cured his disease, so logically we could assume that the Normandy could have jumped through a relay before they were blown as it doesn't really show at what point in time the escape is happening. From my recollection, it bounced off the relays and the Normandy looked as if it was outrunning the END of the blast wave, meaning it could have been about anyplace depending on the relay jump... but that is just my idea.
[/QUOTE]

Joker walks out of the Normandy unassisted on the Control and Destroy endings as well. As far as I can tell, the only things that change between the endings are (1) the color of the beam, (2) whether the reapers fly off or shut down, and (3) whether or not its possible for Shep to survive.

If I remember the flow of events properly, the citadel first has a radial blast of "space magic", and then fires a beam towards the relay. The relay overloads, sends another beam, and has its own radial blast of magic. The blast wave it was outrunning could come from the citadel or any relay.

For the Normandy to be outrunning some other relay's blast, he would've had to see the Citadel was firing up, assume something was bad, race towards the relay at full speed, get there before the Citadel beam did, and jump to some random system.

People beginning to see the clusterfuck of an ending

[quote name='Anexanhume']Major spoilers, also major LOLs

mnK7s.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']
15992406.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Some of the character's fates depend on their loyalty missions from ME2.

Also @TahoeMax
you're missing Morinth, i heard she meets a rather nasty end :O

Anyway, about the end back into the final battle on insanity. Love how almost everything ended up different on my second playthrough. I felt like insanity was much easier this time around, not sure if because of the level difference or the changes they made. Defense matrix is a lifesaver on vanguard :D

Finished yet another epic chapter in this game,
taking out the Geth server/takin gout the walking reaper
, man it just never stops with the spectacle (be it nerdgasm or explosions lol).

I love all the cameos, I love how Bioware has created lovable characters and I love the chemistry all the other characters have with each other.

Legion telling Garrus that he can improve his calibrations and the resulting conversation lol.
Joker and EDI, Joker talking about his crushed pelvis lol.
Etc etc..

Played a few matches of multiplayer today as soon as I got back from work (had the itch initially/ did the campaign afterwards as I settled in) and woah what an idiot we had at the end. We all were good with the extraction but this guy wanted to go all lone cowboy across the map. I told him you need to get over here, we all need to be in this area but he wouldn't listen.
Partial Extration... SOB! (I don't get why I'm penalized here)

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']These spoiler pics are fucking killing me. Pure comedy.[/QUOTE]

The whole organic/synthetic thing kind of reminds of me of the scene in Highlander 2 where Louise is asking MacLeod about his immortality...

"Okay, now let me just see if I can get this straight. You come from another planet, and you're mortal there, but you're immortal here until you kill all the guys from there who have come here...and then you're mortal here...unless you go back there, or some more guys from there came here, in which case you become immortal here...again."

Done. Some thoughts/rambling:

Finished the game earlier tonight. Man, what an amazing ride. The entire game just feels so good. Incredible moment after incredible moment, cameo after cameo, I knew that this was the game I had been waiting for since ME1 launched in 2007. Rannoch alone is easily one of my favorite moments/stages in all of gaming, and the end of Tuchanka was outstanding as well. Everything was going great. Fighting to reclaim London was intense. I couldn't wait to see what would happen next.

And then the ending came.

I still don't really know what to say. I feel like I just finished running a marathon, and the moment I crossed the finish line, I got punched in the stomach as my reward. 99% of the game was incredible, but those last 10-15 minutes... I just... I don't know.

Mass Effect is still my favorite series of all time, but this ending left me feeling real disappointed, hollow. Maybe it will blow over in a few days after I have time to analyze and reflect on everything, but right now, it's a reaaaally crappy feeling, because the rides in ME1, ME2, and the majority of ME3 were so, so good. I know what happens in all three endings, and I've seen how Shepard can potentially survive. I've seen the theories and the explanations, but none of that really satisfies me right now.

There is just no closure, no satisfying feeling. I'm not saying a sunshine and rainbows ending is what I wanted... I just wanted something better than... this. It really, really is a bummer.

/emo

[quote name='Arikado']Done. Some thoughts/rambling:

Finished the game earlier tonight. Man, what an amazing ride. The entire game just feels so good. Incredible moment after incredible moment, cameo after cameo, I knew that this was the game I had been waiting for since ME1 launched in 2007. Rannoch alone is easily one of my favorite moments/stages in all of gaming, and the end of Tuchanka was outstanding as well. Everything was going great. Fighting to reclaim London was intense. I couldn't wait to see what would happen next.

And then the ending came.

I still don't really know what to say. I feel like I just finished running a marathon, and the moment I crossed the finish line, I got punched in the stomach as my reward. 99% of the game was incredible, but those last 10-15 minutes... I just... I don't know.

Mass Effect is still my favorite series of all time, but this ending left me feeling real disappointed, hollow. Maybe it will blow over in a few days after I have time to analyze and reflect on everything, but right now, it's a reaaaally crappy feeling, because the rides in ME1, ME2, and the majority of ME3 were so, so good. I know what happens in all three endings, and I've seen how Shepard can potentially survive. I've seen the theories and the explanations, but none of that really satisfies me right now.

There is just no closure, no satisfying feeling. I'm not saying a sunshine and rainbows ending is what I wanted... I just wanted something better than... this. It really, really is a bummer.

/emo
[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more. The first two games and 90% of the third are my favorite games ever...and then everything went to shit.

I actually would have liked one completely happy ending, just one and I would have been content. They can have their dark endings and that's fine, but I just wanted one where I was flying away in the Normandy with my crew to party. But nope. 3 similar endings where you choices in the three games are rendered all but meaningless.

I sincerely hope Bioware makes some kind of DLC to fix this, and with the backlash they've gotten I'd be shocked if they didn't. Make an epilogue where if your Shep survived, you go and search for the Normandy a few months later, after you've had time to recover. There, nearly everyone's happy. Granted, it forces you into the destroy ending but I don't see any other way to do it.

The spoilers in this thread are like a car accident. I want to look so much. I really need to find the time to play this game.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']
I could not agree more. The first two games and 90% of the third are my favorite games ever...and then everything went to shit.

I actually would have liked one completely happy ending, just one and I would have been content. They can have their dark endings and that's fine, but I just wanted one where I was flying away in the Normandy with my crew to party. But nope. 3 similar endings where you choices in the three games are rendered all but meaningless.

I sincerely hope Bioware makes some kind of DLC to fix this, and with the backlash they've gotten I'd be shocked if they didn't. Make an epilogue where if your Shep survived, you go and search for the Normandy a few months later, after you've had time to recover. There, nearly everyone's happy. Granted, it forces you into the destroy ending but I don't see any other way to do it.
[/QUOTE]

Reading the conspiracy theories & Bioware forums helps out. :lol: A lot of people are buying into the dream theory.

Finally started getting into the MP portion. I was indifferent about it but its actually really fun once you level up a bit and get some decent gear and upgrade your powers. The geth shotgun is beast.

Guide finally came in the mail yesterday. Thing is fucking massive. Granted, a decent portion is devoted to multiplayer (which I'll never touch, as I don't have XBL) but still, I think it's my biggest guide, right up there with Fallout 3 GotY.

Speaking of MP...any dedicated groups out there? That portion of the game is something I've found more fun than I imagined it would be, although I'm still pretty terrible at it.

[quote name='TahoeMax']I did a "paragon" approach on my first run-through and completed literally every single side quest as it became available. Thus I think things went as "well" for the ME1/2 characters as they could have. All sorts of spoilers here:
I don't believe you can save Thane or Legion. If they survived ME2, they will expire as part of the main story arc. You may be able to save Mordin by making a particularly nasty decision. He will die if you take the more virtuous route. Jack, Samara, Zaeed, Jacob and Grunt survived their sequences and became war assets. Miranda survived Sanctuary. Garrus, Liara and Tali were on my squad and did just fine. Ashley backed down protecting the council on Citadel and joined my squad.
So yeah. That's about the best I suspect you can do. Ignoring some characters can change some of their fates, as can your access to persuasion and intimidation commands[/QUOTE]
Nope,
if you make that nasty decision, you are forced to murder Mordin yourself. And Wrex. (Don't look at me like that... In the new galaxy I was building, there was just no place for the krogan.)

I know that both Jack and Miranda can die too, though both survived my first playthrough.

I'd really like to know if it's possible to kill the Virmire survivor should the Udina situation go pear-shaped.

Ugh. The very last part is the worst on insanity
I'm getting like 3 hits on the Marauder and going down. It takes two headshots or four body shots just to take out its shield

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrfossey']Speaking of MP...any dedicated groups out there? That portion of the game is something I've found more fun than I imagined it would be, although I'm still pretty terrible at it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I think it's my addictive nature. I find the buying of packs to be a lot of fun. Reminds of me collecting cards as a kid. It's very exciting when you get a cool rarity or that next upgrade for the weapon you like.

Looking for a little advice without spoiling the ending:

I've completed the Citadel attack by Cerberus and the next priority mission I have is going to speak with the Quarians. Without spoiling the endings at all, roughly how much more gameplay is there left at this point? Have completed all available side quests so far

[quote name='GamerDude316']Looking for a little advice without spoiling the ending:

I've completed the Citadel attack by Cerberus and the next priority mission I have is going to speak with the Quarians. Without spoiling the endings at all, roughly how much more gameplay is there left at this point? Have completed all available side quests so far
[/QUOTE]

Not counting remaining side missions, there's ~6-7 parts left before you hit Earth I think

[quote name='GamerDude316']Looking for a little advice without spoiling the ending:

[/QUOTE]

In terms of just the main Priority quests, you're around 50% complete. I ended up completing that last 50% a lot faster than the first 50%, as I'd grown incredibly bored of missions asking me to pick up some random artifact or missions that were largely just intros to multiplayer maps.

[quote name='Salamando3000']In terms of just the main Priority quests, you're around 50% complete. I ended up completing that last 50% a lot faster than the first 50%, as I'd grown incredibly bored of missions asking me to pick up some random artifact or missions that were largely just intros to multiplayer maps.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I'm a pretty big completionist so will likely still work on sidequests but I agree that the artifact retrieval is terrible. I miss ME1 sidequests...

5 spectre packs last night...no widow or javelin. I've been rockin the mantis since release. meh. The M-37 (nade launcher) is pretty awesome, I didn't realize that it almost has a stun effect on enemies.

Hey there's also increased capacity equipment cards. I noticed one guy in our group fired 3 rockets and I was like...what? he explained. Nowing my luck w/these packs i'll get +1 extra spare clip capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mrfossey']Speaking of MP...any dedicated groups out there? That portion of the game is something I've found more fun than I imagined it would be, although I'm still pretty terrible at it.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to add me, gt is same as CAG name, I play with CAGs every night

Finally finished the game last night...so many thoughts...

Had no idea what to think going into the ending, as I had seen news about the petition and general negativity about it. But, damn, if it isn't really, really deflating. Excellent game, great storytelling throughout, but the ending just...kills it.

They absolutely would have been better off keeping the Reapers a mysterious, unknown killing force, only speaking occasionally or through their indoctrinated agents.

On the 'the player was indoctrinated' idea: I think, even if BioWare never intended anything like this...they could greatly benefit by going down this road. For many reasons:

1) Bring the universe back to a state where sequels and other stories can be told

2) Give fans an ending they will be happy with, that properly closes the ME Trilogy and its characters/storylines

3) Charge for the DLC. Make lots and lots of $$$. Those who don't normally buy DLC could buy this set because of their investment into the trilogy. Although they need to do it soon before the disappointment about the current ending wears off and is forgotten about.

Option 3 could be very, very unpopular with die-hard DLC haters and could set a whole new precedent in games--leaving the main story incomplete or missing details without buying additional content, or changing parts of the game/endings completely after initial release. (Gears 3 kinda did this with the 'hole' in the campaign) But damn, if it isn't a smart business move.

I will warn you...in that spoiler is a wall of text. Oh my.

Also I will probably be playing some multiplayer evenings this week to get my percentage to 100% for the achievement, if anyone wants to team up I may be game for it. Need to find my headset though. Also I'm mediocre to terrible :(

I'm at 75% now
which I did to get to 5000+ to save Shep before I knew HOW to save Shep...since I ended up picking 'control' unknowingly

You know, I let the endings settle in for a bit. Now, I have some questions that I want Bioware to answer:

(Warning: lots and lots of text awaits...)

If the Catalyst's entire justification for the Reapers and destroying advanced civilizations was that synthetics will eventually wipe out ALL life, shouldn't have the Geth's actions have proven it wrong, thus giving it ample reason to stop this nonsense? They could have destroyed the Quarians as they retreated centuries ago. Then, depending on how things played out in your game, they could have again wiped them out after Legion sacrificed itself to give them all the Reaper upgrades. In fact, the only time when the Geth seemed completely intent on wiping organic life is when they were controlled by the Reapers!

So, the Catalyst controls the Citadel. If that's the case, then why was whatever the Protheans did to the Keepers to stop them from being able to turn it into a mass relay for the Reapers work? Couldn't have the Catalyst simply have undone it?

The Human Reaper that the Collector's were building in ME2 never really made any sense to me, until we learned the true nature of the Reapers. Creating a Reaper that looks like the destroyed civilization keeps in line with the idea of "preserving" it. But if that's the case, why do the other Reapers all kind of look like squids? Shouldn't there be all different kinds, to represent the different races they have helped "transcend" over the years? Why weren't they also building Reapers based on the other advanced races of this cycle?

What is it about Shepard reaching the Catalyst that makes it think its plan no longer works? I don't really see how one organic being getting there changes anything. Shouldn't it have been like, "Hey, man, sorry, but I gotta wipe you out...so that you don't build other organics that will wipe everything out...or something like that." And if had the ability to somehow combine synthetic and organic life...why the hell didn't it just do that before, instead of terrorizing the galaxy for millions of years?

What dumbass "advanced" race let the Catalyst set this in motion? I mean, I am assuming that Bioware isn't gonna say that the AI just magically appeared or is "God." So, someone invented this AI and asked it to solve the problem of synthetic life. Don't get me started on the stupidity of asking a synthetic life form to solve the problem of synthetic life forms.

This doesn't have to do with the ending, but it's a question that ME3 ends up raising. If the Protheans looks like Javik, then what were those statues on Ilos of? Maybe the Prothean "gods," ie whatever advanced race came before them? If so, at least that would explain why the Reapers look like squids. Well, doesn't explain why they all look squids...

The whole "Reaper motivation" thing seems arbitrary. I don't hate what BioWare came up with. I acknowledge that it's full of plot holes but I don't know what alternative wouldn't be. Supposedly the other idea being kicked around was that the Reapers were trying to prevent the heat death of the universe due to dark energy (it's basically the same idea... boils down to "wiping out civilization... in order to ultimately preserve civilization... somehow").

As far as I care they could have just left them as intergalactic douchebags with totally inscrutable motives. Doesn't make much difference if we're never going to know what became of the main characters or galactic society in general anyway.

In response to your question specifically, I do think it makes some sense to think that the Catalyst had been asleep or somehow dormant since it set the cycle in motion, and Shepard's presence "woke it up" and caused it to reevaluate things.

As for the Protheans, I think that was a simple retcon. BioWare liked their Collector design better than the original tentacle-monster idea, and decided to go with that. It's cool with me, I think the Collectors and Javik look cool and are an improvement over the tentacle monsters.

Yeah, ok, saying it was dormant would at least clear up some of the plot holes. Then again, what a douchy god-like AI we got stuck with. It sends out killer robots to "save" us and doesn't even pay attention to what they are doing lol.

See now, that's an interesting direction that they could have went in. The Catalyst initially sets in motion some sort of plan to protect and preserve organic life but the Reapers eventually warp its plan. Its dormant and unaware of whats going on. It eventually awakes and that sets in motion certain events.

bread's done
Back