Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

So when does the Extended Cut stuff actually come into play? I'm at the point where I'm giving the speech, and thus far there's nothing new (from what I recall) here.

Is it literally just the endings that are different? I thought they said there'd be more explanation for the endings.

[quote name='dualedge2']Uh-oh. Now there are lvl IV for Ammo Powers. And those are RARE. We just got trolled (double trolled for some) by BioWare. No more character cards? Now you get Ammo Power cards.[/QUOTE]

At least you can USE level 4 ammo powers. I'd take that over useless xp anyday.

Now if only they'd give an incentive to actually survive to extraction...

[quote name='KingBroly']The Reject ending is basically
Child: "We are Bioware. Don't like our choices? fuck you! Game Over."
[/QUOTE]
This has been the only game I have ever traded like 4-5 days after release and now I am really glad I did (of course I bet the game). I feel insulted over the new ending.

Were the people who were responsible for Mass Effect 1 around for Mass Effect 2 and 3? I know Casey Hudson is the big man on campus, but I wonder what effect any personnel shuffle had on the series.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']So when does the Extended Cut stuff actually come into play? I'm at the point where I'm giving the speech, and thus far there's nothing new (from what I recall) here.

Is it literally just the endings that are different? I thought they said there'd be more explanation for the endings.[/QUOTE]
As far as I can tell, the new scenes begin
during the beam run. Right after the part where you defend the missile battery.

[quote name='Spokker']Were the people who were responsible for Mass Effect 1 around for Mass Effect 2 and 3? I know Casey Hudson is the big man on campus, but I wonder what effect any personnel shuffle had on the series.[/QUOTE]
Hoo boy is that a loaded question. Drew Karpyshyn was the lead writer for Mass Effect 1, left the Mass Effect team at some point early in Mass Effect 2's development, and wasn't involved with ME3 at all. There's practically a cult at BSN devoted to the idea that Karpyshyn walked on water and if only he hadn't been replaced by Casey Hudson/Mac Walters we'd be living in a world of sunshine and butterflies and perfect Mass Effect games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit. My Victory Pack AND Commendation Pack sitting side by side in the RNG store? You have no idea how tempted I am to take a picture of this phenomenon. Just... wow. I'm not sure if I should open either of them now. I'm afraid of what might await me.

[quote name='gotdott']Well who says you need to keep an eye on your team. I play gold with randos so there are two targets other then me while I do my business D:[/QUOTE]

You can't use bullet sponges that only last a good two or three seconds bro. I'd Solo Gold on a regular basis if I didn't think it were a waste of time and consumables which is essentially what bad Gold game is with randoms. Only instead of blaming myself for screwing up I have the actions of three other schmucks to take into account as well.

Much easier to just quit altogether and stick with Silver where class, builds, weapons, etc. rarely matter and wiping is a less mentally taxing endeavor overall. It's usually more entertaining to watch lazy ass players rage quit in the lobby afterward than finishing the game anyway. Being host usually means I'm kick proof so when everyone is gone I can run another one and solo until the next group shows up. Eazy peasy less stress u see, G?

[/QUOTE]

I never understood why developers think insulting their fanbase for any reason is a good idea regardless of how idiotic, selfish, or entitled they felt we were months back.

A lot of us thought the endings and writing sucked. Horribly. No need to take it personally. It's not like we forced them to lie repeatedly in interviews about it, right? We understand it's your IP and you can do whatever the hell you want with it. That doesn't mean we have to agree with your choices and keep our mouths shut about it either. Devoted fans have big mouths and high expectations. If you want the money to continue rolling in then deal with it.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. It was shaping up so well, too
(well, as well as it could with the Starchild). I LOVED being able to point out how bullshit the Starchild's logic was. "We're at war right now!" and "I don't believe you" were two outstanding lines. I said it earlier, but Meer really nailed it with his new stuff. When we get the Reaper/Harbinger "so be it" line, I thought for sure I was about to be treated to a scene showing an epic space battle that would play out depending on your EMS. Instead, we get Shepard looking defeated and a fast-forward to who knows when, showing off the time capsule. It just felt like such a big middle finger with how quickly it ends and how if you choose not to play ball with the kid, you're boned.

I thought the stargazer scene was better, but then I read this from Jessica Merizan and this from Mike Gamble. Instead of defiantly telling the Reapers to shove their options and go down fighting (maybe, who knows, maybe Shepard bleeds out after the fade to black), you and everyone else dies off screen and someone in the distant future fires off the crayola machine instead of fighting and beating the Reapers for good.

[quote name='Spokker']Were the people who were responsible for Mass Effect 1 around for Mass Effect 2 and 3? I know Casey Hudson is the big man on campus, but I wonder what effect any personnel shuffle had on the series.[/QUOTE]

Well Drew Karpyshyn was the head writer of the first two and wrote the novels but wasnt with 3. We could have used him.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']You can't use bullet sponges that only last a good two or three seconds bro. I'd Solo Gold on a regular basis if I didn't think it were a waste of time and consumables which is essentially what bad Gold game is with randoms. Only instead of blaming myself for screwing up I have the actions of three other schmucks to take into account as well.

Much easier to just quit altogether and stick with Silver where class, builds, weapons, etc. rarely matter and wiping is a less mentally taxing endeavor overall. It's usually more entertaining to watch lazy ass players rage quit in the lobby afterward than finishing the game anyway. Being host usually means I'm kick proof so when everyone is gone I can run another one and solo until the next group shows up. Eazy peasy less stress u see, G?
[/QUOTE]

Well it's just my mindset that wave 6 gold payout with a little crazy > playing through a whole silver and being bored out of my mind :p. Eyes on the money!

[quote name='gotdott']Well it's just my mindset that wave 6 gold payout with a little crazy > playing through a whole silver and being bored out of my mind :p. Eyes on the money![/QUOTE]

You know I can't handle failing any game for any reason, Got. It's all or nothing for me. Maximum payout for the time I've spent or bust because I have 'fun' buying new shit to have an excuse to create new builds. Actual progression. A little somethin' somethin' besides the instant gratification brought along simply going through the motions.

If I'm going to wipe because I'm distracted by good conversation with like minded individuals or trusted players I know are great but having an off night? I'm straight. If I'm going to wipe because I'm tired of wasting my consumables on a team that doesn't care about anyone but themselves? I'm pissed.

*The juice has to be worth the squeeze, bro. [PAUSE]

It's the same mentality I bring to every competitive shooter I've ever played. I can handle losing with a decent or high k/d or winning with a terrible k/d, but neither? F*ck that noise. Why? Because I'm not having fun anymore.

Different strokes for different folks boi.

*+500 internets to the first person who can recall the movie I'm quoting btw.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I never understood why developers think insulting their fanbase for any reason is a good idea regardless of how idiotic, selfish, or entitled they felt we were months back.

A lot of us thought the endings and writing sucked. Horribly. No need to take it personally. It's not like we forced them to lie repeatedly in interviews about it, right? We understand it's your IP and you can do whatever the hell you want with it. That doesn't mean we have to agree with your choices and keep our mouths shut about it either. Devoted fans have big mouths and high expectations. If you want the money to continue rolling in then deal with it.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. Bringing internal politics to a consumer level is ultimately bad for business. This is the only time where I can say for certain that something like that was done intentionally, and not out of sheer stupidity or carelessness
Other M

But from here, Bioware ultimately has 4 continuities to continue from. None of which look all that promising to be honest.

[quote name='guyver2077']so i have to ask.. i have not beaten the game yet..

should i download the extended cut?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Compared to the original ending, the Extended Cut is leaps and bounds better.

[quote name='guyver2077']so i have to ask.. i have not beaten the game yet..

should i download the extended cut?[/QUOTE]

I think it might be worth it to just beat the game without the extended cut just so you have an opinion on the original ending.

I already beat/hated the original ending but could any of you offer a spoiler free review of the extended cut? I won't get to play it until this weekend but would like a heads up so I know whether to increase or decrease my anticipation.

[quote name='Vinny']I think it might be worth it to just beat the game without the extended cut just so you have an opinion on the original ending.

[/QUOTE]

That I cant agree with. No reason he should have to suffer through a lesser ending. He can always youtube the original afterwards to see the differences.

Well, I got an extended cut ending. I just wish
I had known that shooting the kid was the way you chose "reject". I was just playing around, and then he got all evil-voiced on me. At least I got to see Liara's beacon in full.

It looks like I'll need to play for the destroy ending next time, since I went two other paths, both the first time going green and this time.

My EC thoughts:

Did the Refusal and Destroy endings. Refusal was a middle finger from Bioware but I did love telling StarBrat to piss off, only to hear Harbinger speak. So much potential there that went unused and its a shame. Liara's capsule was cool though.

For Destroy, I liked that it gave a little more depth to the galaxy as a whole. EDI is confirmed dead which sucks, but the relays repair and the Normandy (which btw I appreciated the extraction scene at the beam)isnt stranded on the jungle world. Slideshow was cool though it was missing a few characters for me (wanted to see Miranda, Kirrahe, etc). But leaps and bounds better than before.

Biggest flaws? Not doing anything with IT, and no expansion on the Shepard breath. Wanted to see SOMETHING there at least. Overall 8/10 for me.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']Well, I got an extended cut ending. I just wish
I had known that shooting the kid was the way you chose "reject". I was just playing around, and then he got all evil-voiced on me. At least I got to see Liara's beacon in full.

It looks like I'll need to play for the destroy ending next time, since I went two other paths, both the first time going green and this time.[/QUOTE]

That part honestly makes the most sense to me
you think about it, then tell him to fuck off. They saw the countless bitching videos of people shooting the Starchild, and thought 'hey, let's give him a hitbox, and make that the trigger for our 'fuck you' to the fans.' It's probably the most thought out ending of all of it

Still, the endings still have major flaws to them, but instead of a 1/10 that the endings were before, I'd say 5/10 now because they are at least different. It still isn't saying much though.

I've played the high-EMS Destroy, Control/Renegade, and
Refusal
endings now. Thoughts:

I think the single thing I appreciated the most was the scenes of celebration on Thessia and Tuchanka. That was what I missed the most from the original ending-- a sense that Shepard achieved a victory for the entire galaxy. I also liked that we got a chance to question/challenge the Catalyst a little bit more. I would have appreciated a reunion with your LI, but I can live without it, and it was at least hinted at in the high-EMS Destroy ending.

Control is a pretty decent ending now, especially since it comes in two flavors for Paragon and Renegade. But even the Paragon version is a little creepy and menacing, which I think is appropriate.

Refusal is a meta-insult to everyone who trashed the concept of the Catalyst, that much is obvious. But I actually enjoyed it for what it was; I liked Liara's beacon and it was cool to see it in action, and the idea that even if our cycle lost Liara and Shepard could ensure the victory of a future cycle. I see it as almost more of an Easter Egg than a true ending. Sure would suck to accidentally trigger it though!

Synthesis gets more ridiculous the more they try to explain it. Seriously, I just think the whole idea is silly and it doesn't belong in the game. Next.

Destroy still strikes me as the only ending that's truly consistent with the themes and characterization in the series up to that point. Again, I would have liked to see more of what happened to Shepard after the end, but I can live without it.

Definitely a big improvement over what we had before in all cases. It feels like an ENDING now, not like the game just stops abruptly and leaves you feeling confused and deflated. It now feels like a proper ending, and even like a victory. So, all in all, yay Extended Cut.

And, I have to say, if nothing else, playing through the final missions again reminded me how much I love Liara, Garrus, Ash, EDI, and the whole Mass Effect universe. Plot failings and the whole silliness of the Catayst/Crucible/Synthesis aside, it left me feeling satisfied and happy with the end of my Mass Effect experience for the first time since March. This game is still no ME2, but at least now it feels like an adequate sendoff to an amazing series.

Maybe I am dense but I am not seeing any "legend" save for either of my play throughs. I finished a few months ago.

Do I have to finish it again to get the legend save or can I just pick up for a (non"legend") save I made right before the Cerberus assault?

The "Legend" save they are talking about should be the first auto save you come across. Are you saying you have none of those at all? Either way that save point isn't mandatory. You can use whatever you have available before Cerberus assault to experience "everything".

Just ran into a guy in a random gold that glitches his gun so it was like shooting a rocket launcher semi auto. I saw him once pull out rocket and start to shoot it then switch to his main gun. Needless to say he kept bragging about his score and made fun of us.

Went through all of the ending choices tonight. My rankings, as well as some spoilerific thoughts:

1) Destroy. It's such a bummer that the geth and EDI have to die, but I think this fits with the themes of the series and my Shepard himself. The cost is high, but eliminating the worst war criminals known to man is worth it. Nice touch with Tali hesitating to place Shepard's name on the memorial, too. Wish we could have seen some elaboration on the breath scene, though.

2) Control. I liked this one a LOT more than I thought I would. The concept is pretty cool, but it's just not something my main Shepard could do.

3) Reject. Had tons of potential, but like it has been said, it just feels like a giant middle finger. Difficult EMS checks could have made this one really good, but instead, we get the same thing no matter what: rocks fall and everyone dies. Liara's time capsule was a nice touch, though.

4) Synthesis. Still sucks, still stupid in the way it's explained. The only thing I liked about this one was Tali hugging EDI after placing Shepard's name on the memorial. Oh, and the non-photoshopped quarian was okay, too, I guess.

I felt so bummed out after the original endings, but now, I think I can at least accept these. There are still a multitude of problems with the endings and the game itself, but I'm finding it really hard not to get attached again. We have some closure now, and I'm happy to see bits and pieces of the galaxy in the aftermath of Shepard's choice.

I was pretty surprised to see dialog options for the Catalyst. So glad we got to question it, although some of its explanations are terrible and it's still a manipulative bastard. Shepard, at least, has some great lines in the expanded conversation.

So much for not changing the endings... there were plenty of retcons all throughout the Extended Cut. I don't mind them... they were badly needed. Nice to see everyone isn't dead or stranded.

I don't think I would have been as bummed had these been the original endings. They aren't great, but they aren't godawful either. I'd say the Extended Cut is a success, at least for me. I'll never forget how bad I was burned with the originals, but I feel a lot better about the series now than I did before.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
There's practically a cult at BSN devoted to the idea that Karpyshyn walked on water and if only he hadn't been replaced by Casey Hudson/Mac Walters we'd be living in a world of sunshine and butterflies and perfect Mass Effect games.[/QUOTE]
He certainly sounds more capable than hiring people who don't even like the gameplay part of the game.

Red: Report the guy/girl if you get the chance. It's a well known glitch you can only pull off with certain weapons. You can get banned for doing it.

[quote name='Spokker']He certainly sounds more capable than hiring people who don't even like the gameplay part of the game.[/QUOTE]

Oh no you didn't!

...but I'm glad you did.

This will seem strange to ask, but is there a new variation in the final dream?
I feel like the bit where alternate Shepard clutches the boy is slightly longer, and that I really don't recall the ink people being between you and them in such a crowded fashion. Maybe it was always like that, and makes more sense that way, but it felt off in my memory. I just can't imagine them dedicating time to add to something that brief.

And refusal I had happen by different means.
When you're offered choices by the boy, I picked the bottom options for the last two (so for destroy I picked 'will it end the war?', followed by 'I'm not sacrificing myself...' for control, and then ending synthesis with something about how it takes away choice or freedom). You are then offered a conversation about how you have to make the choice, and you can then select either a yes option or something about how you don't like these choices. The boy pressures you once more, and you are offered the option to tell him that none of these work. Cue Harbinger voice-over.

It almost seems like Casey Hudson got the whole "I'm god and it's my game, screw your writing" ego.

And while I'm not one that follows whoever that Karpyshyn person is (I assume the original lead writer for ME3), whatever he had sounds a lot better than MAJORLY FLAWED creative bull.

Wow. I can't believe I stayed up this late on a work night to replay from the beginning of the Cerberus Assault mission like they said. And they did it to me again. I got all into it, up until the very very end. I should have youtubed these from the start. Thinking I should sell my CE's now. Which hurts, cause ME2 ranks in my top games.

So yeah, Reject ending was a wholesale rejection of the Indoctrination Theory. It would have been great to break the spell or do something outside of the box. Give them creative credit, but it was a backhanded slap. Even though you prove in the gameplay itself that the logic of the starchild is flawed. The Quarians picked the fight with the Geth, who just wanted their own chance to live. And you brought them together. But don't argue! Cause Casey knows what's best.

Control and Synthesis are now the "good" endings. Without rehashing the whole argument, Destroy was the good ending because 1) Shepard can live, 2) it fits the theme of all three games, and 3) Control is impossible and Synthesis is a choice made against the will of all. It was even listed as the best possible ending in the official guide. Now it's the worst ending by far. Confirmed to kill EDI and the Geth. It's also the only one where I didn't see Jack for some odd reason. Guess the evil, indoctrinated enemy slave who caused in-fighting among their own people was right. Control was the way to go. Sure, that same logic and indoctrinated in-fighting ending the previous cycle, but it's all good now. Shepard is now the Lord. And everything is super happy. Same with synthesis, hell it even adds back all of the collective consciousness of the past cycles! Barf.

I liked the clarification scenes for the most part. But it all smacks of rushed product more than creative vision. They said "we didn't expect everyone to think the relays were destroyed". Oh yeah, that's why they blew up previously and now only the rings inside break. Or how the Normandy is suddenly in much less distress and not completely stranded on a jungle world. Sure, it was on fire before and Joker looked like he was losing the ship, but let's clear that up for you. And of course the whole squadmates getting injured, picked up and the Normandy forced to retreat. Makes sense now, bravo. But I really don't see how I just "missed" it before.

Sigh. It does what it said it would do. Unfortunately, in my opinion the whole ending was too rushed and too entrenched in their "creative decision" to ever be accepted. I'm out Bioware. Thanks for the ride.

They did a wholesale rejection of the Indoctrination Hypothesis (Yes, it's "hypothesis", not theory because a theory has to be backed up by something called "evidence" and be a little something else called "repeatable") months ago. Remember that whole panel BioWare had? Not once did they address, discuss, or even acknowledge its existence.

The Indoctrination Hypothesis was out LONG ago. It was just that some refused to accept it.

No doubt that Bioware did not intend to do an indoctrination ending. I'm just saying that it would be more entertaining than what they did release.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Wow. I can't believe I stayed up this late on a work night to replay from the beginning of the Cerberus Assault mission like they said. And they did it to me again. I got all into it, up until the very very end. I should have youtubed these from the start. Thinking I should sell my CE's now. Which hurts, cause ME2 ranks in my top games.

So yeah, Reject ending was a wholesale rejection of the Indoctrination Theory. It would have been great to break the spell or do something outside of the box. Give them creative credit, but it was a backhanded slap. Even though you prove in the gameplay itself that the logic of the starchild is flawed. The Quarians picked the fight with the Geth, who just wanted their own chance to live. And you brought them together. But don't argue! Cause Casey knows what's best.

Control and Synthesis are now the "good" endings. Without rehashing the whole argument, Destroy was the good ending because 1) Shepard can live, 2) it fits the theme of all three games, and 3) Control is impossible and Synthesis is a choice made against the will of all. It was even listed as the best possible ending in the official guide. Now it's the worst ending by far. Confirmed to kill EDI and the Geth. It's also the only one where I didn't see Jack for some odd reason. Guess the evil, indoctrinated enemy slave who caused in-fighting among their own people was right. Control was the way to go. Sure, that same logic and indoctrinated in-fighting ending the previous cycle, but it's all good now. Shepard is now the Lord. And everything is super happy. Same with synthesis, hell it even adds back all of the collective consciousness of the past cycles! Barf.

I liked the clarification scenes for the most part. But it all smacks of rushed product more than creative vision. They said "we didn't expect everyone to think the relays were destroyed". Oh yeah, that's why they blew up previously and now only the rings inside break. Or how the Normandy is suddenly in much less distress and not completely stranded on a jungle world. Sure, it was on fire before and Joker looked like he was losing the ship, but let's clear that up for you. And of course the whole squadmates getting injured, picked up and the Normandy forced to retreat. Makes sense now, bravo. But I really don't see how I just "missed" it before.

Sigh. It does what it said it would do. Unfortunately, in my opinion the whole ending was too rushed and too entrenched in their "creative decision" to ever be accepted. I'm out Bioware. Thanks for the ride.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Normandy in the original endings had massive damage when it crash lands on the planet, now it looks untouched.

And they shit all over the Destroy ending, as well as adding the trollish "fuck you" reject ending (Which I initially liked for it's balls, but now it just pisses me off. Space magic or everybody dies.). Paragon Shepard follows the Illusive Man's example now? Admiral Anderson was a RENEGADE? The same Anderson who had beef with Saren for acting like goddamn renegade Shep?

And why the hell do they say to play through from the Cerberus Base and up? Nothing changes before the charge, why couldn't I have loaded my save from before the final fight and saved an hour? I honestly was worried the DLC hadn't loaded properly because there was NOTHING to signify it was the EC before the end.

To be honest, I don't know what I should have expected. Only thing that probably would have made me happy was an Indoctrination Theory ending so we could get rid of the space magic. The theory honestly still has fewer plotholes than the "real" endings, and the troll reject ending kinda reinforces it in it's own way.

Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 are some of my favorite games of all time, and there's a lot I love about Mass Effect 3. I'm not mad at Bioware, just disappointed with the direction they decided to take this series. Hopefully they can redeem themselves with a future project...(Don't fuck up Dragon Age 3. PLEASE.)

After thinking about it more, I think the Mass Effect series is a good example of death by committee. I'm reminded of something Adam Carolla said once.

When did any art form get better by committee? Did anything ever get better, is there any great work, any concerto, any painting, any poet, where a hundred fucking friends of your mom just stood there and said, I don't think I like it? Change that, Leonardo. That should be different. No, it's impossible.

When people said they want more closure, Bioware caved and gave it to them. When they wanted a Garrus romance, they caved and gave it to them. When they wanted Shepard to have gay sex because that's hip and progressive, they caved and gave it to them. When they wanted two different covers, one with femshep and one with broshep, two covers they received. When a vocal minority of whiny feminists complained when the blonde femshep won that stupid online poll, it was changed to the redhead femshep. When people wanted more accessible gameplay, we got Mass Effect 2: Modern Warfare, and Mass Effect 3: No Gameplay Mode. Even the default femshep was chosen by the so-called fans. This was all on top of whatever interference EA caused by virtue of simply being EA. Don't get me started on the ridiculous addition of multiplayer.

Bioware never once thought, "No, fuck you. fuck your requests. If you don't like it don't play it. Go make your own game with buttsex and fan fiction-level writing." In an effort to pander to everyone, to tolerate everybody and their mother's wishes, they alienated their core audience with each iteration. For example, making the game more accessible to women means, according to one Bioware staffer, giving players the option to skip gameplay. In the realm of stupid video game controversies, that statement is far more offensive than anything Anita Sarkeesian could think up.

I feel Bioware told the story they wanted to tell in Mass Effect. I think there's a lot to be said for the auteur theory. Not that a game like Mass Effect can be done without a team backing you up, but I think art is best when there is a strong leader who does not compromise on their vision for anyone, not the fans, not the publisher, no one.

For Mass Effect 3, I think they just wanted the most amount of people to like them and they failed miserably pandering to everyone.

For Mass Effect 3, they LITERALLY lied to everyone about what the ending would encompass. And then when they did the Extended Cut, they lied that wouldn't add an ending (they did), and that ending basically told them to fuck off.

If that's pandering, then I misunderstand the definition of pandering.

It tells me they failed to stick to their artistic vision, but that shit was happening long before they decided to release The Extended Cut.

But that's sort of what the ending DLC was all about, continuing with the futile plan of trying to please everyone. Fans are inherently fickle, and you will never please anyone, but if you have a vision and stick to it, even the most cynical fan will respect you deep down.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']
And why the hell do they say to play through from the Cerberus Base and up? Nothing changes before the charge, why couldn't I have loaded my save from before the final fight and saved an hour? I honestly was worried the DLC hadn't loaded properly because there was NOTHING to signify it was the EC before the end.
[/QUOTE]

Because this is where your EMS is checked and locked in for the ending.

I , too, stayed up way too late. But it was "Bad Decision Tuesday". I just did one ending, my canon ending, and was very pleased. The extra content was really strong. It felt complete, but not tacked on or too wordy where it dragged on. Great job, Bioware!

I did two endings yesterday before bed... and came away with mixed feelings. They're better than what they were, granted that's not saying much, and did much to improve on things but fail way short of actually fixing the game and while I'm happy on some level that Bioware did at least this it still doesn't excuse them for what they shipped and just how poorly they handled the whole thing...

Said it before and still mean it... The trilogy deserved a better conclusion than what it got and Bioware games have gone from a CE preorder (Day 1 buy) for me to a buy at some later point... like when its 20 bucks and my money doesn't affect their bottom line in the least.

Edit: Oh, yeah, more DLC teased...

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/26/mass-effect-3-producer-teases-much-more-dlc/

[quote name='Arikado']
Because this is where your EMS is checked and locked in for the ending.
[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I didn't have much time last night, only to the beginning of priority earth, and was wandering when I would see something new, and why I hadn't yet.

I am enjoying exploring the new content with the EC, but I'm really excited to hear about some single player DLC. This leviathon business sounds really interesting.

I played through the "red" ending last night and was very satisfied. I did not really hate the way it had originally been released, but this definitely was an improvement.

I'm about ready for some Shadow Broker scale DLC, please. I'd also love them to explore additional squadmates at some point. It took me a while to warm to Zaeed and Kasumi in 2--what with their lack of legit dialogs--but Kasumi ended up being one of my favorite squadmates.

Looking forward to seeing what they have planned.

original.png

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']The "Legend" save they are talking about should be the first auto save you come across. Are you saying you have none of those at all? Either way that save point isn't mandatory. You can use whatever you have available before Cerberus assault to experience "everything".[/QUOTE]

yeah I think I got it. I saw no autosave before Cerberus but one before the final Citadel. So I played that. I don't think the extended scenes really helped me understand. It was kinda of everything I assumed happened anyway.

For some reason one of my saves simply wasn't working which confused me.

Shepard's death in the first 10 minutes of ME2 was done better and had more impact to me than his "demise" in each ME3 ending.

Edit: Shit, I guess that's kind of a spoiler. Sorry. Not sure who in this thread isn't aware of the ending at this point though.

I wish they would have pandered on the ending. Despite all their accommodations, the story of most of the game was still great. It actually seems the opposite is true. One person had too much control over the end and no one told him he's retarded.

[/QUOTE]

For once, I agree with you.

This ending had the most potential. Actually, every ending had a ton of potential that was just squandered. I can dig the new stuff a lot more than the old, but they royally fucked up. The ending to a 3 game, 5 year series deserves more attention, or at least just as much attention, as the whole journey. Basically, Bioware dropped the ball.

And fuck whoever said these new endings were just clarification. You basically told us nothing before, and we were just supposed to ensue all of the things you added. And fuck you again, because you said the endings wouldn't change. Well guess what? They did, and they should have. Don't pretend you didn't screw up
like seeing your squadmates picked up, or the mass relays are only "damaged" instead of "blown the fuck up", or stupid ass Joker is so "ho-hum" instead of panicking. And the ship taking off from the planet they no longer crash land on. You guys are assholes, plain and simple.

My ranking of the endings:

1. Synthesis - My Shepard was a guy who would have saved as many people as he could have. It was great seeing everyone make it, and surpassing their greatness. Still a little retarded about how it all works, but it was the "happy" ending I hoped to have.

2. Control - Actually much cooler than I had expected.

3. Refusal - So much potential lost. Would have loved to have seen some new gameplay where you take on Harbinger or the Star Child as a way to reach your own ending, through your own means. Love the new star gazer scene though.

4. Destory - So much loss, for so little gain. For some reason, I still don't know why this is the only ending where Shepard survives.

All in all, I'm much more satisfied with the new endings. I would definitely have liked these a lot more, had I not seen the originals. They went for a "shit" ending to a bad ending.

I think every ending deserved to be way more personal, for everyone's own Shepard, and much longer and higher production values than a slide show. Is the in game engine really that expensive to use? I could have went for a MGS4, 1 hour long ending.
Anyways, I'm ready for some new single player DLC. I'd prefer something that focuses on the events after the ending, but I doubt we'll get that.

[quote name='theredworm']so I guess this is how the guy I ran into last night was doing it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTiIRbGr8nA[/QUOTE]

Well shit, the Scorpion is one of my favorite guns. Guess I'll have to avoid it until this gets fixed. Thank God the Falcon isn't affected too.

EDIT: Nevermind, it affects my three favorite guns, Scorpion, Striker and Falcon. Great.

bread's done
Back