Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

WANT!

mass_effect_monopoly_by_tommyfilth-d4kolyn.jpg

Cleared out all of ME1's achievements for some reason. Trilogy = Complete!

Did anyone run Vanguard in the higher difficulties on ME2? Played that class this time around in 1 and thought about taking it through the trilogy.

ME Monopoly? Do want. :drool:

[quote name='IanKazimer']Cleared out all of ME1's achievements for some reason. Trilogy = Complete!

Did anyone run Vanguard in the higher difficulties on ME2? Played that class this time around in 1 and thought about taking it through the trilogy.[/QUOTE]I didn't do a Vanguard on the higher difficulties on ME1. I did Vanguard on Normal and Adept on Hard/Hardcore. I have my Insanity runs left to do, as as you can't re-class for ME3 on NG+, I've been told either Adept or Vanguard are viable options for ME3 Insanity. ME2 and ME1, Solder seems like the best option for NG+ with a class re-spec.

[quote name='shrike4242']ME Monopoly? Do want. :drool:

I didn't do a Vanguard on the higher difficulties on ME1. I did Vanguard on Normal and Adept on Hard/Hardcore. I have my Insanity runs left to do, as as you can't re-class for ME3 on NG+, I've been told either Adept or Vanguard are viable options for ME3 Insanity. ME2 and ME1, Solder seems like the best option for NG+ with a class re-spec.[/QUOTE]

ME3 Insanity with the vanguard wasnt too bad at all. Level 60 Shep with shockwave was pretty kickass.

[quote name='shrike4242']ME Monopoly? Do want. :drool:

I didn't do a Vanguard on the higher difficulties on ME1. I did Vanguard on Normal and Adept on Hard/Hardcore. I have my Insanity runs left to do, as as you can't re-class for ME3 on NG+, I've been told either Adept or Vanguard are viable options for ME3 Insanity. ME2 and ME1, Solder seems like the best option for NG+ with a class re-spec.[/QUOTE]

ME1 - Immunity > All other powers

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I hear that they sneaked in a screenshot of new DLC at the Montreal comic con. NEED TO SEE THIS. LIKE NOW![/QUOTE]

Link in spoiler tags.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/14120844/1

Cool, thanks for the link! Here's a direct link to the picture:

227390.jpg

It's pretty small, so it's hard to make anything out. Someone on BSN said it looked like there was a Quarian standing in the background, so who knows. Maybe it's not
Omega
after all?

[quote name='GamerDude316']BSN has been speculating that is
either Omega, or related to the Collectors somehow. My bet is on it ultimately being Omega DLC.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree with you. I read someone speculating that it was
Cerberus General Petrovsky's flagship that they were looking at in the holo. I just looked at the Invasion #1 comic again and it very well could be, which would add weight to the idea that it's Omega DLC. The only reason I don't want it to be Omega is that we are basically 95% sure Omega IS coming, so if this is something new then we know Omega is still on the way.
One can never have too much ME single player DLC. ;)

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Yeah, I agree with you. I read someone speculating that it was
Cerberus General Petrovsky's flagship that they were looking at in the holo. I just looked at the Invasion #1 comic again and it very well could be, which would add weight to the idea that it's Omega DLC. The only reason I don't want it to be Omega is that we are basically 95% sure Omega IS coming, so if this is something new then we know Omega is still on the way.
One can never have too much ME single player DLC. ;)[/QUOTE]

As long as this one has quality. While I didnt buy Leviathan I Youtubed quite a bit and was not impressed with it overall.

Just wanted to post this here for anyone interested. I am in a tournament with my group for ME3 and we just got done with one of the rounds. My team set the record for Condor/Reapers/Gold using 2x Turian Sentinel and 2x Turian Soldier with a 12 min even run. Check it out!

Defending Our Moon

Hope you all enjoy it! If you are interested in this type of thing feel free to PM me or message me on Xbox Live (my gamertag is in same as forum name).

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Just wanted to post this here for anyone interested. I am in a tournament with my group for ME3 and we just got done with one of the rounds. My team set the record for Condor/Reapers/Gold using 2x Turian Sentinel and 2x Turian Soldier with a 12 min even run. Check it out!

Defending Our Moon

Hope you all enjoy it! If you are interested in this type of thing feel free to PM me or message me on Xbox Live (my gamertag is in same as forum name).[/QUOTE]

Oh nice, I saw Medic (Razerath) talking about this over on Gamefaqs. Glad you guys are doing well. Nice vid.

Thanks! Razerath posted it there? We were all pretty excited about the run since we beat the old record by over a minute using the Turians which most of us weren't too great with the character leading into the run. It was a blast and looking forward to doing more in the near future.

[quote name='GamerDude316']BSN has been speculating that is
either Omega, or related to the Collectors somehow. My bet is on it ultimately being Omega DLC.
[/QUOTE]

I would bet Omega DLC is next as it is following story wise with the Invasion TPB, and Aria was still a prominent NPC in 3 with a story itching to be told in game form. Personally I would love to see more on the Prothean transformation to Collector or if Quarians are involved, would love to see more on the REAL Geth Insurrection after the reveals in the game. Batarians invasion... honestly, there is so much lore in the ME universe I would love to hear more on and participate in. And one character that sticks in regardless of origin story that is mentioned in some fashion in all 3 games, including her ship, but never expanded on (and oddly never called by Shepard) is his mother.

But, dear N7 agents, I am redeploying to Pandora for a while, but will be alternating breaks with ME MP but have chosen to fight the war on two fronts... never know when reapers may show up.

That's funny because a friend on XBL mentioned something about Shepard's mother if you choose "spacer" as your profile, which I never have. He was saying that you could call your Mom. That kind of surprised me because, as much as a ME fan as I am, I never knew anything about Shepard's Mom being involved in any shape or form. Very interesting, because I always thought that the story of Shepard's survival on Akuze would be interesting, but I suppose not everyone made those background choices where the battle of Akuze would be significant.

[quote name='Freemason']I would bet Omega DLC is next as it is following story wise with the Invasion TPB, and Aria was still a prominent NPC in 3 with a story itching to be told in game form. Personally I would love to see more on the Prothean transformation to Collector or if Quarians are involved, would love to see more on the REAL Geth Insurrection after the reveals in the game. Batarians invasion... honestly, there is so much lore in the ME universe I would love to hear more on and participate in. And one character that sticks in regardless of origin story that is mentioned in some fashion in all 3 games, including her ship, but never expanded on (and oddly never called by Shepard) is his mother.

But, dear N7 agents, I am redeploying to Pandora for a while, but will be alternating breaks with ME MP but have chosen to fight the war on two fronts... never know when reapers may show up.[/QUOTE]

Only Shepards that chose Spacer as your origin have mothers that are alive, so she won't show up unless they retcon that.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Only Shepards that chose Spacer as your origin have mothers that are alive, so she won't show up unless they retcon that.[/QUOTE]

I know, but wouldn't it be great to get the story of the super wombed badass who spawned Shep? and where her ship was in the ending battles, what if any part she plays in protecting him or he Normandy... so much tale to tell and only a few lines mentioned.

Big Mass Effect news included with the already massive news about BioWare's Muzyka and Zeschuk stepping down:

Executive Producer Casey Hudson and his team are coming off an amazing eight-year run with the Mass Effect trilogy. But they’re not done yet. We are releasing more multiplayer content and we have more single-player stories coming throughout the next six months, including Omega which is coming in the Fall. But the Mass Effect universe is vast, and Casey and our teams have plans for another full game. “Where to go next?” with such a project has been a question a lot of us have been asking, and we’d all love to hear your ideas.

Nice to see that we were right about the next DLC looking like it's Omega. I hope it'll be as good as Leviathan and LoTSB when we get it in the fall. My guess is mid-November if I had to peg a date of when we'd be seeing it.

Curious about the two founders of Bioware leaving the company. Makes me wonder if it was their decision to leave or if it was an EA "hint" to "leave".

Nice to see that we may be getting new IP as well, always a good thing when it's good IP. Hopefully a ME1 prequel in some fashion as the "next" game in the ME universe, though at this stage of the game, it might be on the X720 or PS4.

[quote name='shrike4242']Curious about the two founders of Bioware leaving the company. Makes me wonder if it was their decision to leave or if it was an EA "hint" to "leave".[/QUOTE]
I don't know, if you read the personal notes from the Doctors they have nothing but positive things to say about EA. Particularly Zeschuk, he practically gushes about how great EA is.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I don't know, if you read the personal notes from the Doctors they have nothing but positive things to say about EA. Particularly Zeschuk, he practically gushes about how great EA is.[/QUOTE]I'll read their notes and see, though from everything I've seen in other circles, EA is the big bad evil empire.

Maybe Bioware ended up being lucky and didn't get screwed over by EA.

Yeah, interesting times over at Bioware. On one hand, it is scary and saddening that the Dr's are leaving the studio they founded. On the other, if you follow the developers on twitter and in interviews, they LOVE their work, the franchises they are developing and you can tell that the camaraderie at Bioware is strong. The universes we know and love are in good hands, I have no doubt about that.

But, hell yeah, new ME news. So, Omega is confirmed and a new ME title is teased. That could sooooo be anything, my mind is wild with speculation. It's just good to know that the ME universe isn't shelfed for now and we have six months of DLC to look forward to.

Also, two new litho's coming this Friday. That Mako one is calling me. Must. Resist.

534213_442023282514884_152208296_n.jpg

I still haven't played Overlord, the CAG in me is still waiting for it to go on sale again since it hasn't since I got ME2. I loved LotSB though, that's probably my favorite DLC of any game ever.
drink
And Firewalker just flat out sucked.
I like Arrival a lot.

god ive been waiting for a collectible besides the statue for Liara, but that screenprint looks like a 8-year olds fan art. being only 200 pieces id expect a $99+ price range. good ME news, sad about the docs leavin.

[quote name='Freemason']god ive been waiting for a collectible besides the statue for Liara, but that screenprint looks like a 8-year olds fan art.[/QUOTE]
Yeah... I appreciate the attempt at a different style or whatever, but I could spend 10 minutes at deviantart and find 50 Liara pictures that look better than that... Yikes.

Quoting the Mako Litho:

Now if only we got something like that with the Mako and a bunch of other alliance ground forces, with varying types depending on which decisions you did with each race coming up to the fight, shooting at stuff in an epic battle in the end. Ahhh did that commercial (the ME3 one that reminded me of the CGI trailer for Halo Wars) really set me up for disappointment.

FYI anyone that enjoys Commander Shepard will like Dredd 3D, esp if you like Renegade Shepard. *sneer*

I watched this movie with two perspectives. 1) The as presented Judge wrecking mayhem and upholding the law by any means necessary. 2) A Renegade N7 soldier, in my mind Shepard if his origin was from Earth, tasked to get objectives done with a means to an end. The final scene with Aria... oh sorry *sneer, I mean Mama was straight out of Mass Effect. I will not ruin anything but dude, dudets, gentleman and ladies go see this f'n movie!
I really dug the modified 9mm pistol, again reminded me of Mass Effect, I've been indoctrinated I know/ Spoilered to save space.
dreddtrailer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, then, looks like I need to check out Judge Dredd. ;) On that note, I still need to see Total Recall which looked like a Cerberus love-fest.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I think SlimJim is right......the community for this game has all but vanished overnight because of Borderlands 2.

Yes, everyone seemed to disappear from MP without so much as a puff of smoke. However, I did the unthinkable and turned on my mic to talk to some randoms to do the squad goal for this weekend. Turned out, one guy was pretty decent so I guess I'll have to do that more often if I'm firing up MP.

And Spy...curse you for making me want to see JD.

[quote name='Spybreak8']FYI anyone that enjoys Commander Shepard will like Dredd 3D, esp if you like Renegade Shepard. *sneer*

I watched this movie with two perspectives. 1) The as presented Judge wrecking mayhem and upholding the law by any means necessary. 2) A Renegade N7 soldier, in my mind Shepard if his origin was from Earth, tasked to get objectives done with a means to an end. The final scene with Aria... oh sorry *sneer, I mean Mama was straight out of Mass Effect. I will not ruin anything but dude, dudets, gentleman and ladies go see this f'n movie!
I really dug the modified 9mm pistol, again reminded me of Mass Effect, I've been indoctrinated I know/ Spoilered to save space.
dreddtrailer.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I kind of have to disagree. The last scene with Ma-Ma didn't give me any sort of ME vibes. To do that, she'd have had to be more intimidating and insulting to Dredd.

Other the other hand, I never really thought of Dredd as a Renegade Shep until you mentioned it. It really does fit quite well. However, I have one caveat with that: Dredd sees things in black and white (good/bad without the gray) while Renegade Shep does whatever he/she feels like doing.

And the Hurric-I mean, Lawgiver was awesome. Much, much cooler than any Hurricane could ever hope to be. Also, the Lawgiver's been around for a lot longer than ME has been. It just never really looked like the Hurricane before.

[quote name='dualedge2']I kind of have to disagree. The last scene with Ma-Ma didn't give me any sort of ME vibes. To do that, she'd have had to be more intimidating and insulting to Dredd.

Other the other hand, I never really thought of Dredd as a Renegade Shep until you mentioned it. It really does fit quite well. However, I have one caveat with that: Dredd sees things in black and white (good/bad without the gray) while Renegade Shep does whatever he/she feels like doing.

And the Hurric-I mean, Lawgiver was awesome. Much, much cooler than any Hurricane could ever hope to be. Also, the Lawgiver's been around for a lot longer than ME has been. It just never really looked like the Hurricane before.[/QUOTE]
Spoilier of the movie, what I meant was this ME2 scene:

[quote name='Spybreak8']Omega details scoured from ME3 disk.
http://www.examiner.com/article/mass-effect-3-omega-dlc-details-discovered-on-disk

Grr, really it was on the disc?! I thought they were working on it all the time...[/QUOTE]

Just the script probably. All the writing is done as far in advance as possible to save money on voice acting sessions. Doesn't mean any of the gameplay content had been coded yet. Also doesn't mean things won't be changed-- there were voice files on the ME2 disc that were obviously recorded for Lair of the Shadow broker but didn't end up being used in the final release.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Just the script probably. All the writing is done as far in advance as possible to save money on voice acting sessions. Doesn't mean any of the gameplay content had been coded yet. Also doesn't mean things won't be changed-- there were voice files on the ME2 disc that were obviously recorded for Lair of the Shadow broker but didn't end up being used in the final release.[/QUOTE]They may also have been intending to be in the normal gameplay avenue before deciding it was going to be DLC. There may be pieces of it on the disk though not all of it, and the DLC fills in the missing pieces.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Just the script probably. All the writing is done as far in advance as possible to save money on voice acting sessions. Doesn't mean any of the gameplay content had been coded yet. Also doesn't mean things won't be changed-- there were voice files on the ME2 disc that were obviously recorded for Lair of the Shadow broker but didn't end up being used in the final release.[/QUOTE]

Ahh I see, yeah it does make sense to do that. Was just thinking everything was on the disc because you know on disc has its reputation haha.

IGN news article about Omega, not much.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blueweltall']Mass Effect Trilogy Nov 6th

http://masseffect.bioware.com/about/trilogy/[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's actually pretty cool for $59.99. I wonder what if any DLC it includes.

This made me laugh though:

When does the Mass Effect Trilogy release?
Mass Effect Trilogy releases on November 6th 2012 for Xbox 360 and PC, and later in the year for PlayStation 3.

Will it be called "Mass Effect Duology" on PS3? Or "Mass Effect Trilogy* *not really a trilogy".

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Wow, that's actually pretty cool for $59.99. I wonder what if any DLC it includes.

This made me laugh though:

Will it be called "Mass Effect Duology" on PS3? Or "Mass Effect Trilogy* *not really a trilogy".[/QUOTE]

Ps3 is really getting me1

bread's done
Back