Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

Use the Turian Ghost (Infiltrator) with Harrier, it is almost an automatic win. Already solo'd gold twice with him with very minimal effort.

To get the lone wolf title you only need 3 of the 4 though and doing a gold also counts 1 for silver and bronze. So 2 gold also gives you 2 silver and bronze, 3 silver gives you 3 bronze, and that leaves 5 bronze to do for those who can't or don't want to solo Platinum (like myself, too many synch kill units).

ME merch news:

I just got the 2013 wall calendar and its awesome! It is full of art from the lithos and features shots of the weapons, locations, and characters. I got it from amazon for $10. Best calendar ever.

Quick question: are the online passes tied to gamertag? It has been a while since I played and I don't remember where/how I redeemed that. My son will be 13 soon and I think at that time EA deems that he is able to play online so I might want to get him a pass if he can't play under my redemption. But I think you redeem those in-game and not as XBL codes, so that's why I thought maybe it was tied to gamertag.

GS is giving nearly $20 for ME3 with their +50% promo and I just picked up a new copy at Best Buy the other day. So if I trade my old one and keep the new one I'll get another pass for him to use (thus why I am asking ;)). I haven't played in a long time - never even bothered to watch the new endings. But I hear the multiplayer is ever-changing so maybe I'll jump back in at some point.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']ME merch news:

I just got the 2013 wall calendar and its awesome! It is full of art from the lithos and features shots of the weapons, locations, and characters. I got it from amazon for $10. Best calendar ever.[/QUOTE]

Oh man that looks tempting.

I just got the 2013 wall calendar and its awesome! It is full of art from the lithos and features shots of the weapons, locations, and characters. I got it from amazon for $10. Best calendar ever.[/QUOTE]

Lol hmm I guess I have something for my Christmas wish, that is a perfect gift for me. :)

Omega out the Nov 27th, 1200 MSP. Double the size of any previous ME3 DLC and you guessed it focuses around Aria. Hell to the yeah!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spybreak8']Omega out the Nov 27th, 1200 MSP. Double the size of any previous ME3 DLC and you guessed it focuses around Aria. Hell to the yeah![/QUOTE]

Supposedly this picture outs Aria as a temporary squadmate. It's hard to make out but it's blue and it doesn't look like Liara's icon. :)

asari.jpg

[quote name='io']Quick question: are the online passes tied to gamertag? It has been a while since I played and I don't remember where/how I redeemed that. My son will be 13 soon and I think at that time EA deems that he is able to play online so I might want to get him a pass if he can't play under my redemption. But I think you redeem those in-game and not as XBL codes, so that's why I thought maybe it was tied to gamertag.

GS is giving nearly $20 for ME3 with their +50% promo and I just picked up a new copy at Best Buy the other day. So if I trade my old one and keep the new one I'll get another pass for him to use (thus why I am asking ;)). I haven't played in a long time - never even bothered to watch the new endings. But I hear the multiplayer is ever-changing so maybe I'll jump back in at some point.[/QUOTE]

The Online Pass is just like any other DLC. Not only is it tied to gamertag, but you have to make sure you've downloaded it to the current xbox (via your Download History). So, yes, your plan should work, especially since ME3 is 2 discs and either disc can be used to play online. You'll just want to make extra sure that the correct account is redeeming the new Online Pass, and that each account downloads the online pass on both Xboxes, in case you guys switch around or something.

I haven't personally done this, but it should work. I have 2 consoles, and since the downloaded DLC will activate for any user on the first console it is downloaded on, I've had friends come over and use my primary unit and disc 1 to play multiplayer, while I redownload everything and use disc 2 on the 2nd unit in the Office.

That's awesome, man. My playarts Garrus finally showed up and he's just as good as I'd hoped. Even more stoked for Femshep and Tali now. And DAT REAPER.

Also, stoked for Omega. This has been an awesome year of Mass Effect for me.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Use the Turian Ghost (Infiltrator) with Harrier, it is almost an automatic win. Already solo'd gold twice with him with very minimal effort.

To get the lone wolf title you only need 3 of the 4 though and doing a gold also counts 1 for silver and bronze. So 2 gold also gives you 2 silver and bronze, 3 silver gives you 3 bronze, and that leaves 5 bronze to do for those who can't or don't want to solo Platinum (like myself, too many synch kill units).[/QUOTE]

How did you spec your Ghost?

[quote name='IanKazimer']That's awesome, man. My playarts Garrus finally showed up and he's just as good as I'd hoped. Even more stoked for Femshep and Tali now. And DAT REAPER.

Also, stoked for Omega. This has been an awesome year of Mass Effect for me.[/QUOTE]

If its not too much trouble, could you post a pic or two of the Garrus playarts? I'm still on the fence about it due to next to zero funds for collectibles. Still....Garrus is muh boy!

Omega sounds cool, but there's nothing rally tangible for us to sink our teeth into though. I should reread that comic series. I remember it as being solid.

Lastly, last night I opened the best premium spectre pack yet. Got the adaptive war amp IV (biotic gear that I use a lot), the krogan battlemaster that I still hadn't unlocked and the Volus engineer! I promptly specked out and named that pudgy little bastard "Danny Devito ". Heh.

I was super lucky too. In my first PSP after installing the new content I got the Volus engineer and the collector assault rifle. I was pleasantly surprised at how effective the Volus was. With an area tac scan and area shield refill he's like the perfect support class. Also a bit of a tank on bronze. A brute couldn't drain my shields as fast as I could refill them. It was pretty funny to stand toe to toe with him as a Volus. Haven't taken him into higher difficulty yet but now I'm back up to lvl 16 so I feel like I can give it a try.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Lol hmm I guess I have something for my Christmas wish, that is a perfect gift for me. :)

Omega out the Nov 27th, 1200 MSP. Double the size of any previous ME3 DLC and you guessed it focuses around Aria. Hell to the yeah![/QUOTE]If it's twice the size of previous ME3 DLC, I guess we're looking at 4-6 hours of playtime. Since Leviathan was about 2-3 hours at 800MSP, I guess this is a "bargain". :lol:

Thanks for the pic, Ian. I don't know what I'm more impressed with....the Garrus figure or the fact that you have the Stacking Russian nesting dolls. That's pretty hardcore and I'm still pissed we never got Costume Quest toys.

And I love the ME comics. Ill be all over that Blasto comic!

IanK - you should put something peeking or creeping out of the cable hole in the table...

(and not something from Saint's Row XD)

Collector's are no joke. Diggin' this. Not sure if MP seems harder because it is, or if I just kinda suck at it now.

^Oh I already am lol, planning on picking up the Normandy ship and Mass Effect playing cards as Christmas presents to myself, and may snag a couple of the figures too! Way too many goodies for me to not get at least a few lol especially since I wont buy Omega DLC (and have yet to buy Leviathan)

[quote name='theredworm']So why do Volus have melee buffs under fitness if they can't melee?[/QUOTE]

Volus do have a melee move. It's more defensive instead of offensive, but it does cause damage. I managed to rack up quite a few melee kills with my Volus. It's actually pretty effective against husks. Keeps them from jumping on you.

[quote name='Feeni']Volus do have a melee move. It's more defensive instead of offensive, but it does cause damage. I managed to rack up quite a few melee kills with my Volus. It's actually pretty effective against husks. Keeps them from jumping on you.[/QUOTE]

Ah I've only really done the light melee which I like a lot.

I unlocked the Volus adept last night. Did not like. My take on him is that he'll be good for organized, strategic runs, but NOT good for just tooling around on Silver. I still have to try the Volus Engineer, which I did unlock, but really? What we really want is the Volus Vanguard. Bowlin' for husks, yo!

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I unlocked the Volus adept last night. Did not like. My take on him is that he'll be good for organized, strategic runs, but NOT good for just tooling around on Silver. I still have to try the Volus Engineer, which I did unlock, but really? What we really want is the Volus Vanguard. Bowlin' for husks, yo![/QUOTE]

Follow people around and restore shields I love playing Volus.

[quote name='theredworm']Follow people around and restore shields I love playing Volus.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is a useful and productive use of the character. But, I don't find that to be terribly fun unless we're doing a coordinated platinum run or something. I wanna shoot stuff! Maybe it was that I was just coming off of using the recently unlocked Krogan Battlemaster and I spent a good portion of the night headbutting Geth pyros. :lol:

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Yes, that is a useful and productive use of the character. But, I don't find that to be terribly fun unless we're doing a coordinated platinum run or something. I wanna shoot stuff! Maybe it was that I was just coming off of using the recently unlocked Krogan Battlemaster and I spent a good portion of the night headbutting Geth pyros. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's not meant as a shoot stuff class.

I really want to unlock the volus engineer, if only to play around with the recon mine before they nerf it.

After playing around with the multiplayer quite a bit this weekend, I love the changes as whole since it has really made the game more challenging. The enemies as a whole are definitely tougher. I think later waves spawn more boss classes than they did in the past, on gold, there a basically no grunt level units after wave 7 or 8. The cerberus dragoons are a pain in the ass especially when they come in groups accompanying a phantom. The geth bomber is an annoying addition though, I think they went too far in terms of compensating for the geth not having any anti-camping units before. It's just annoying if you have a hack objective to keep being force to run away then come back after the hack site gets carpet bombed over and over.

Collectors are just really hard, but nothing wrong with adding a slightly overpowered enemy. I wouldn't mind if they nerfed the possessed abominations a little, since they are essentially a grunt unit with OHK capability.

I like the map change to firebase white to a more open layout, though I don't like the fact they blocked off that room in glacier.

The new turians are borderline OP with the stimulant packs basically free op packs, with a damage buff that you can replenish over and over. I actually don't like the jet pack dodge; I think it's makes you move too far a distance. Haven't tried the volus yet (unlocked the adept, having yet gotten the engineer) but definitely love having them as teammates. Played a match earlier today where the volus player just basically followed me around like my sidekick for the entire match buffing my shields every 3 seconds.

And I love the new challenge structure; it's a nice push to use weapons and characters I normally don't use.

I had to make a Word document with all the classes I have and their assigned powers (it's nice you don't have to rename your characters again). If I'm going to promote my characters and grab that challenge I want to go back to how I had it because I like my builds. I was talking with Ninja and Simosaur and we all agreed they need to integrate the N7 site with the game so you could spec out a character and have your N7 site suggested choices show up on your tech tree in the game via a different color or even just a dimmed out blue. That way you know what to pick and the N7 site acts like a "second screen app".

[quote name='Spybreak8']I had to make a Word document with all the classes I have and their assigned powers (it's nice you don't have to rename your characters again). If I'm going to promote my characters and grab that challenge I want to go back to how I had it because I like my builds. I was talking with Ninja and Simosaur and we all agreed they need to integrate the N7 site with the game so you could spec out a character and have your N7 site suggested choices show up on your tech tree in the game via a different color or even just a dimmed out blue. That way you know what to pick and the N7 site acts like a "second screen app".[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about this. You could take screenshots from the N7 HQ and paste them into your word doc. Should save some time.

Haha well the doc is already done but yeah that would be useful. It might be a bit long considering one character class pretty would take up one page.

Yeah finally got the Ghost! Woo, going to bed so I can't try em out though. :cry:

No Volus yet, but the Ghost is the most fun I've had with this game in a long time. Already extracted a few Platinums with him. Enjoying it while I can.

Also, ended up in a game that tried the "Rio Ammo Box" method of farming Platinum. It's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen, but I'll be damned if it doesn't work.

This game has way too many Glass Cannon classes, Ghost Turian Infiltrator is the much tankier version of GI tier broken and after all this time away I see the community is still garbage. 30+ revives in my last Gold match proves it. I guess the more things change the more they stay the same.

I've even had some terrible Silver games. For some reason some of the games ended up at 3 people (one person left, 2-3 times in a row), with NOBODY joining afterwards. I want to host my own games, but Bioware's screwed up lobby system means that I can rarely host a working game...

I'd gladly play with more people, but I won't talk much unless it's Gold/Platinum. I gladly play silver, though. I just like to play multiple classes (while still sorta messing with builds) so sometimes it doesn't go too well (I'm a fan of the slayer and shadow, and tinkering with the demolisher). I have both Volus', as well. Sick of idiots who don't revive, don't do objectives, and don't use common sense when fighting enemies... Praetorians do not give out hugs!

Hehe yeah come at me bro, oh oh wait I got a jetpack! ;)

Leveling up takes forever for me to assign all my character's their new skills. I probably spent more time tonight on that than actually in multiplayer rounds.

Got both Volus in one pack tonight. Having a good time with both. Not sure if I prefer orbs for cooldown or debuff; they're both rull good. Super cooldown shield boost is too good. Recon mine too. Was pretty thrilled to not come in last with them every game, fun as pure support can be.

Could just be that I have not played in months, but the game seems harder to me. I have promoted every class and played a lot of games against the Collectors so that could be it. I'm also trying different things that in the past I would have not done I have noticed it has gotten worse with players going for objectives. A few games I was surrounded and had to do it. One of them was the objective to take the item back to the drop off point. I had to get it because no one else would and died on the to the drop off. Revives are a hit and miss it seems. At that same time when I died taking the item to the drop point two players came up. One grabbed the item and the other just ran away. I have tried to revive some and nothing happens or I get stuck on a wall. I have seem this happen to others as they have tried to revive me.

One thing I did notice is that all the games no one seems to have wanted to kick the player that dies a lot or with the lowest points. A few months back when I last played anyone playing a support class had to be one of the top two players or else they were kicked. I remember playing the Demolisher and as long as I came in the top two or even three I was fine, but when I came in last they wanted to kick. That was even with playing with the same 3 other players for multiple games. I have read that people playing Volus are having this issue, but I have yet to see it.

I have however just been playing bronze levels. I'm debating if I want to finish off collecting my uncommon items or save points and spend them all on the packs to give me a better chance at getting a Volus.

Also is the Battlefield 3 Soldier now available to everyone? When I look at the N7 HQ it shows up as just a rare and not a promotional item.

[quote name='sendme']
Also is the Battlefield 3 Soldier now available to everyone? When I look at the N7 HQ it shows up as just a rare and not a promotional item.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I read this somewhere, just like the Collector AR. They might as well. With so many OP new classes he has somewhat lost his charm. Why not make him available to everyone?

I don't like how you can't choose what you want to do, revive or pick up the artifact (why can't you swap back and forth choices). Yeah no I don't want to pick up the artifact, because you know the timer for my dead ally's body is shorter.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Cool. Like I did with the last weapon pack I'll wait until the story DLC is released and buy them together.[/QUOTE]Good idea.

I know the Geth SMG from the last weapon pack has been a beast of a weapon in single player for my Vanguard.

I finally ordered this game since it hit the magic $10 price point at GameFly. I hope it's worth it! I actually want to finish up my renegade play through of Mass Effect 2 before starting this though.... and I just started Borderlands (the first one)... and I have an unplayed copy of Skyrim... ugh.

Since nobodies posted it here yet, here's the balance changes for today:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 16, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krogan Shaman Adept kit now available as a new Rare card

The hazard maps available this week are Firebase Giant and Firebase Ghost

Medals
- Bronze Melee medal now requires 10 kills instead of 5
- Silver Melee medal now requires 25 kills instead of 10
- Gold Melee medal now requires 50 kills instead of 15

Challenges
- Added a Krogan Shaman challenge to Bloodpack Mastery
- Fixed an issue where extracting with the new Retaliation kits was not registering certain challenges
- Challenges that required extraction weren't properly crediting the case where exactly 3 out of 4 players extracted
- The changes below were put in place to fix a bug where some players could no longer progress after unlocking a Gold challenge:
- Combat Mastery goal changed from 9 to 12
- Cerberus Mastery goal changed from 17 to 21
- Reaper Mastery goal changed from 15 to 18
- Geth Mastery goal changed from 12 to 18
- Collector Mastery goal changed from 12 to 15

Acolyte Pistol
- Removing charge mechanic - now fires instantly
- Rate of fire is now 40, with a minimum fire time of 1 second
- This fixes an infinite Missile Launcher exploit

Krysae Sniper Rifle
- Can no longer hold the fire button to zoom in the scope - now fires instantly
- This fixes an infinite Missile Launcher exploit

Widow Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [867-1083.8] to [997-1246.3]

Krysae Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [429-548] to [493.4-616.8]

Kishock Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [774.5-968.1] to [890.7-1113.4]
- Percentage of total damage that is done as bleed damage increased from 33% to 40%
- Bleed damage duration reduced from 10 to 5 seconds (the same damage is spread over a shorter duration)

Black Widow Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [591.2-739] to [739.0-923.8]

Javelin Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [1030.5-1288.1] to [1236.6-1545.8]

Yay Widow Buff!

bread's done
Back