Mass Effect (360) $9.99 - Kmart Ad 1/10/2010 - 1/16/2010

[quote name='kaydigi']:360:
Mass Effect 1 - 9.99 (in the worst GH packaging ever)
[/QUOTE]
The new version isn't that bad.
323970297a1456962c8f2a2711dcbdbc.jpg

Its seems like its taking a while to implement though, as I still see plenty of GH titles in the original template.

And one more thing to add, the GH version is supposed to have the DLC and I think a making of DVD. I don't think you'll find those things if you buy one in the standard packaging.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Is there kmart anywhere in NYC?[/QUOTE]

aside from using Kmart's store locator yourself...:roll:
There's one near cooper union, across the street from Starbucks. Use the "Cube" as a landmark.

Pretty solid deal for a super long and time consuming game (well, its veeeeeeeeeeeery time consuming if you use elevators a lot :lol:)

I think I would pick it up if I wasn't low on fund...boo.

[quote name='eddie291']The new version isn't that bad.
323970297a1456962c8f2a2711dcbdbc.jpg

Its seems like its taking a while to implement though, as I still see plenty of GH titles in the original template.

And one more thing to add, the GH version is supposed to have the DLC and I think a making of DVD. I don't think you'll find those things if you buy one in the standard packaging.[/QUOTE]

The new template is great, the original one is horrific. I wonder what the spine looks like.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Finally going to get Mass Effect. Hoping to luck into original packaging.[/QUOTE]
I Think you may want the Platinum Hits version since it comes with the DLC and an extra disc of features.

the new platinum hits boxes are also grey, if that does anything for you...but i agree, the new format while still an eye sore is much better than the crap format they used to use.

That's steal. Amazon has the box art of the GH. (I have it in storage and I'll post a pic if you guys want, but it will be tomorrow) It has 2 discs. One with the game, the other has a 'making of', Gamerpics, BDtS DLC, and some other extras.

Add in getting PS DLC in the EA deal, you are set.

[quote name='reddjoey']That's steal. Amazon has the box art of the GH. (I have it in storage and I'll post a pic if you guys want, but it will be tomorrow) It has 2 discs. One with the game, the other has a 'making of', Gamerpics, BDtS DLC, and some other extras.

Add in getting PS DLC in the EA deal, you are set.[/QUOTE]

Whoa. I totally forgot about the extra stuff. I might pick it up now and try to make another save file to see how ME2 will differ.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Think you may want the Platinum Hits version since it comes with the DLC and an extra disc of features.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm just going to be sick. I didn't realize that and spent my MS points on the DLC, due to the EA credit thing. So now I'll definitely want to find the original, if only for that reason alone. :cry:

There was one near flushing new York and that place closed down. And I thought kmart went to obscurity like our own abandon 'caldor' located in main st and roosevelt ave

[quote name='heyheyhey11']There was one near flushing new York and that place closed down. And I thought kmart went to obscurity like our own abandon 'caldor' located in main st and roosevelt ave[/QUOTE]

I member that place. Isn't there a kmart there now?

I used to go there all the time, there's one near 8th Street/Astoria in Manhattan, right next to the 6 stop.

Sweet deal! I picked it up at Target for $9.98 [I've yet to open it due to my massive backlog], but it's nice to see that more people can pick it up for $9.99.

[quote name='idigfoo9']How good is this game? I remember alot of people liking it, but I never really played it.[/QUOTE]

Made by the same people that made Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. ME is a very deep game as far as dialogue and world back story. I enjoyed it, but need to finish it. At $10 it's a must buy even if end up not liking it.

2 actually.

down in the village and on 34th street by penn station.

[quote name='polishpride212']You are missing out on some great deals.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention taking advantage of how "nobody" shops there anymore. If a game is sold out elsewhere, 95% chance K-Mart will still have a few copies. Hell, when I camped out for my Wii at K-Mart, I was there 3 hours and was 3rd in line. People waited at Wal-Mart for 12 hours and didn't even get a Wii.

I laugh at the people who constantly miss out on stuff because they walk right past the K-Mart.

Also, Mass Effect for $10 is a steal. Got mine for $20 when I first got my 360, and it's been well worth it.

[quote name='eugaet']Please let this be mine today.

EDIT: Oh, wait. I mean on the 10th. Please let this be mine on the 10th...[/QUOTE]

Whoa! Good thing I didn't go today. I already wasted 3 hours going to GS to trade. I thought that it started today.

Thanks TC, definately gonna pick one up, been wanting Mass Effect for a while to beat before 2 comes out, nows the chance to get a good deal on it. Hoping its the one that comes with the DLC though

damn it, I JUST got home from game stop and picked up this game used (original) for $15. Oh well, guess it's going back. My xbox is getting repaired so it's not a huge deal.

Saw the new Platinum Hits version of it at Kmart couple of weeks ago. It looks way better than the old, ugly version.

Wait... is this only for the new PH version or will any version ring up as $10? My K-Mart has one of the original prints.

I passed on getting it from GS for $8.50 due to it being used, and knowing the PH version has the first DLC, I might jump on this, thanks OP!

[quote name='kart007k']Guys, it does not show up on online weekly ad.[/QUOTE]

Weird I have the printed ad next to me and it is there.

Going to shower, eat and go snatch one up :)

Just got back from my local Kmart and picked up a copy for $9.99 as advertised. The new PH look isn't too bad. It kind of blends in with the rest of the art on the case. I missed out on the Mass Effect's on clearance at the Targets in my area. Very happy I got in on this deal. Been waiting to try out this game for a while.

Just got back. My K-Mart had like 5 of these. I snagged 2 of them. Thanks OP! I have been looking for a good deal on PH version for a while!

bread's done
Back