Mass Effect Infiltrator for 99 cents (Android)

Just a heads up for those of you with tablet. Some games, I know GTA III for sure as I have it, support an xbox 360 or other USb gamepad. I got a USB to micro USB converter cord and I can play GTA III pretty flawlessly with my 360 controller. I'm hoping this ME game or NBA Jam offer the same functionality.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']Not sure why this isn't compatible with my ASUS Transformer TF101, but Dead Space and GTA III are.[/QUOTE]

Also not supported on the TF300. Bummer.

After checking the XDA thread, it will work, the problem being how to get it on to your device if you don't have a rooted tablet or a different supported device.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Caine']Also not supported on the TF300. Bummer.

After checking the XDA thread, it will work, the problem being how to get it on to your device if you don't have a rooted tablet or a different supported device.[/QUOTE]

That is the case with most of these supposed incompatibilities with some of these Android games. It's not that the hardware won't run it, it's that the games have these arbitrary software limits on which devices they will allow to run it. Most good developers just leave their app open and then if it runs it runs but for some reason EA and Gameloft are really a pain in the ass about only allowing a small subset of devices and you have to jump through a ton of hoops to get it run on devices not on their list.

[quote name='Night Wolf']Thanks! I saw this yesterday as well. Just upgraded to a RAZR MAXX from a Droid X and it looks really nice on it. Also NBA Jam is .99 cents as well (down from 5 bucks). Unfortunately it's not supported on my phone.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iphosho']aww NBA Jam doesnt work on the razr maxx? i was gonna get it too =([/QUOTE]

NBA Jam does work on the Droid Razr Maxx... it's just that EA hasn't updated the compatible devices list. The real trick is getting the APK to your phone. I've heard of some tricks to download APKs from Google Play, but I'm not sure if any of them work for paid apps.

[quote name='teknomedic']FYI, there are two versions of this game, but I don't see a description of the difference. Perhaps phone vs tablet or country vs country? All I know is that the $0.87 version isn't compatible with my phone while the $0.99 version is.

$0.99 version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...EsImNvbS5lYS5nYW1lcy5tZWluZmlsdHJhdG9yX25hIl0.

$0.87 version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sImNvbS5lYS5nYW1lcy5tZWluZmlsdHJhdG9yX3JvdyJd[/QUOTE]

Going between these two pages, the only difference at all seems to be the listed developer, with the 99 cent one just from Electronic Arts and the 87 cent one from "Electronic Arts Nederland BV". A google search seems to indicate that Electronic Arts Nederland BV are involved with Blackberry development, so my guess is that the 87 cent version is for Blackberries (since they allow side loading of Android apps, or whatever) while the 99 cent one is for actual Android devices.

[quote name='Edge']Going between these two pages, the only difference at all seems to be the listed developer, with the 99 cent one just from Electronic Arts and the 87 cent one from "Electronic Arts Nederland BV". A google search seems to indicate that Electronic Arts Nederland BV are involved with Blackberry development, so my guess is that the 87 cent version is for Blackberries (since they allow side loading of Android apps, or whatever) while the 99 cent one is for actual Android devices.[/QUOTE]

Good catch... didn't notice the developer difference.

Finally able to buy this, I tried last night but my card kept getting rejected. Called my bank was blocking all transactions to CA due to fraudulent charges reported in the area and I just had to ask them to unblock it.

So as far as I can tell the Dead Space game does not work on the Touchpad with CM9 unless you really mess with it, which is something I don't want to do. Is that accurate? I really want that game, but all I have is a Touchpad with CM9.

[quote name='teknomedic']NBA Jam does work on the Droid Razr Maxx... it's just that EA hasn't updated the compatible devices list. The real trick is getting the APK to your phone. I've heard of some tricks to download APKs from Google Play, but I'm not sure if any of them work for paid apps.[/QUOTE]

I guess there are tricks, but it wouldn't even give me the option to purchase it.

bread's done
Back