Mass Effect just disappeared from everywhere!?

Viper187

CAG Newbie
I was thinking about picking up the first 2 Mass Effect games on 360 and the first one is suddenly out of stock everywhere. There's listings on half.com for a $50 whereas MSRP was $20. WTF!?!?

I'm surprised NOBODY has the damn thing. NewEgg, Gamestop, Walmart, Amazon, nobody. Is it out of print or not? From what I cant ell, there isn't even a way to contact EA anymore. I couldn't find anything on their site. They don't list the 360 version of Mass Effect in their store anymore either. Fry's charges too much for shipping, not to mention they're listing the original release instead of Platinum Hits. I thought I read somewhere the Platinum Hits version has some of the DLC with it. Hastings? See. That's the problem with used games. These idiots try to sell a scratched up copy of the game for a whopping $3 less than MSRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='krashhole']Amazon has both for $19.99 each[/QUOTE]

Ok, they changed the page again to say they'll have it back in stock the 27th. Cool

The same thing happened to me when mass effect 2 came out. I couldnt find me1 for the life of me. I ended up finding a copy in some back water store.

[quote name='Viper187']Ok, they changed the page again to say they'll have it back in stock the 27th. Cool[/QUOTE]

I put a link in my original reply showing you a place that has it in stock for $20.

Mass Effect 1 is also on Games on Demand for XBL for $20. Sure, no resale value and takes up some space but you'll give Bioware some $ to (and MS since they published it).

Makes me wonder why the hell MS hasn't put Mass Effect 2 on Games on Demand.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Mass Effect 1 is also on Games on Demand for XBL for $20. Sure, no resale value and takes up some space but you'll give Bioware some $ to (and MS since they published it).

Makes me wonder why the hell MS hasn't put Mass Effect 2 on Games on Demand.[/QUOTE]

Screw games on demand. There are still many who prefer to buy tangible things over highly encrypted files. I'll get an actual disc for the price. If I wanted digital content, I'd download the PC version for "free."

[quote name='Scorch']I put a link in my original reply showing you a place that has it in stock for $20.[/QUOTE]

and they charge like $7 shipping for a single game/DVD. It's absurd. Obviously, I'd rather Amazon restock. The problem is nobody ever seems to know for sure if things are out of print or merely out of stock temporarily.

So OP, people offered you some ideas on where to get the game, all of which you've promptly shot down. If the game IS out of print, you may just have to bite the bullet and pay the premium(even the $7 shipping from Fry's).

Either that or look for a free/reduced price shipping option for Fry's or....go in-store to try and find a copy if you have a Fry's store near you.

bread's done
Back