Mass Effect Limited Edition available - online only!

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I haven't seen this posted yet, and I know several people have been waiting for the rumored Mass Effect Limited Edition. EBgames/Gamestop now have the game available for pre-order for $69.99:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=200404

Apparently the Limited Edition will only be available online... Please pardon if old :)

Edit: Coupon code GTZ10 works to get 10% off your order! Thanks guys!

Edit 2: Now also available from Amazon for $69.99 w/ free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000XJJRTI/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

10/25 - Apparently the GTZ10 code for EBgames/gamestop no longer works due to the inclusion of a free bonus disc :( SAVER is the free shipping code, however.

Also, EBgames is offering free 2-day shipping right now using coupon code: EFFECT or USA 2-DAY. Probably just a twenty-four hour deal.

11/21 - Edited title for those who care :)

[quote name='sendme']Thats odd. I have never had them ship it like that. Atleast not that I can remember. Also it usually comes UPS. If you are singed up with xbox diamond I think you get 10 bucks off of a 75 dollar order or more. Only that is for the order before shiping and tax I think.

Well after seeing the deal dont know if it would work if you had this item in your cart along with something else or not

GameStop.com - Online Only
Use coupon code Diamond to receive $10 off any online purchase of $75 or more (not valid on bundles or bonus/premium items)[/quote]
It works on multiple items but you end up paying shipping for each item individually, so you only save $4. I was going to order Mass Effect + guide thinking they would ship at the same time, but the guide has to ship a week earlier, and that breaks the deal for me. The GTZ10 is a better deal if you mainly just want the game.

I made the plunge - Kind of annoying to be honest... Now I've got to do something with my regular edition preorder at my local store.

Annoying all around, basically. You'd think a game as big as Mass Effect would have a real marketing push at the b&m channels relative to a collectors edition in North America. Dumb.

[quote name='Mitch662']Silly question but the reg version comes with a promo disk & the limited ed version has a bonus dvd. So my question is, will the more costly limited ed version have the promo disk content as well as the extra stuff on the dvd? I dont want to pay more & miss out on the gamer pics & themes & the soundtrack.

MASS-EFFECT PROMOTIONAL CONTENT DISK WITH PRE-ORDER!

Items in italics are only available with promotional disk.
A documentary introducing the game
12 unique gamer pics
Two unique themes- Four exclusive pictures in each theme
Three tracks from the Mass Effect soundtrack
Four historical Mass Effect trailers (from X05 to E3 ‘07)
Blue Dragon demo and videos from Halo 3 (two), Halo Wars, and Lost Odyssey

Limited Edition Bonus Content Includes:
  • Galactic Codex Essentials- A 36 page guide to the Mass Effect universe, including a Citadel timeline, guide to all non-human races, biotics and the key locations in the Perseus arm of the galaxy!
  • Mass Effect Art Book- A 36 page collection of Bioware's concept art!
  • Bonus DVD- Exclusive videos about Mass Effect (Art of Mass Effect, Interactive Storytelling of Mass Effect)!
clearshim.gif
[/quote]
I'm really wondering this as well. Has anyone called about this?

I think I'm going to skip the LE on this one and COD4. I've purchased almost every limited edition version of every game in the last couple of years and the content is seldom worth the extra $10.

The rediculous Spartan helmet is probably one of the last LE's I'll ever buy.

Oh snap, Amazon added it, eh? Hmm.. I have Amazon Prime, and saving on 2-day shipping would rock.

Think it includes the two booklets like the Gamestop edition does?

[quote name='Teqonix']Think it includes the two booklets like the Gamestop edition does?[/QUOTE]
should be the same thing as the gs/eb limited edition.

i am going to cancel my gamestop order because I know gamestop will damage with their crappy packing. Plus I saved like $2

What is this Amazon Prime?

[quote name='Teqonix']Oh snap, Amazon added it, eh? Hmm.. I have Amazon Prime, and saving on 2-day shipping would rock.

Think it includes the two booklets like the Gamestop edition does?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sendme']What is this Amazon Prime?[/QUOTE]

Pay $80 a year and you get free 2 day shipping on everything and $3.99 one day shipping. They sometimes do trials. You could also potentially get it for $16 if u split the membership, there should be a thread about it somewhere here.

Hmm, order from EB/GS with 10% off and get it cheaper or order from Amazon and probably get it earlier and better packed....

I'll tell you one thing, it's bullshit they don't let you use store credit online at EB. I got crazy store credit with them but if I want the LE of probably the best 360 game of the year, I'm forced to pay cash one way or another. Jesus I really hate EB/GS....

Cancelled my gamestop.com order. Even with the 10% off, it's still cheaper from amazon (no tax + free shipping). Plus, they offered a trial for Amazon Prime.

Just an update: I canceled my standard edition at my local b&m ebgames earlier today - and they found out that they're getting bonus dvds in for mass effect

So for those that order the standard edition from the local stores, look out for the bonus dvd! (i HATE bonus dvds)

[quote name='anteis24']Cancelled my gamestop.com order. Even with the 10% off, it's still cheaper from amazon (no tax + free shipping). Plus, they offered a trial for Amazon Prime.[/quote]

Word.

I think you'll find that Amazon Prime is worth it, though. I order so much stuff from them now, it's not even funny. I only really go to retail places anymore if their prices beat Amazons during sales, but since you get fast, free shipping with everything, it's easily worth the cash I paid for it.

Got an e-mail reply regarding the pre-order bonus disc/limited edition thing:

Greetings from EBGames.com.

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.

The Mass Effect Limited Edition will come with the following items:

Galactic Codex Essentials- A 36 page guide to the Mass Effect universe,
including a Citadel timeline, guide to all non-human races, biotics and
the key locations in the Perseus arm of the galaxy!
Mass Effect Art Book- A 36 page collection of Bioware's concept art!
Bonus DVD- Exclusive videos about Mass Effect (Art of Mass Effect,
Interactive Storytelling of Mass Effect)!

The pre-order disc (DVD) will also been included.

Best Regards,
Valerie
EBGames.com Customer Service

unfortunately, might have to get it from eb/gs after all. although, i can almost guarantee that the disc won't come with it, and i'll have to go through a huge hassle to finally get it (if i actually do). man, i hate eb/gs.

now the bigger question is will EB/GS send it in the box? Cause if they send it one of their bubble package it is gonna get crush.

When I ordered Gears of War it came in a box. I really think most if not all that I have orderd has come in a box.

[quote name='62t']now the bigger question is will EB/GS send it in the box? Cause if they send it one of their bubble package it is gonna get crush.[/QUOTE]

They only use the 6x9 mailers as far as I know so they should use a box.

I hate to say it but I went ahead and ordered it. I don't think it'll be very limited as Amazon has it but figured why not?

Sweet! Just placed my order from Amazon. I feel like I'm not a real CAG for paying full price for a CE, but damn it I'm not looking forward to this game. If it ships from Seattle, I'll get it the day it comes out. I have an Amazon-hook up. :)

in that case I will keep the gamestop order, since it is only like $2 more even tax and shippign after the 10% off and I can still get the bonus disc.

fyi the bonus disc is available at Best Buy for 5 bucks plus tax Yeah the charge tax on a pre-order. BB's pre-order system is stupid they don't take any of your info and you have to save the receipt to get your 5 bucks back to be used on the purchase of the game.

Any how the contents are sort of lame. The Gamer pics and themes are ok Music is nice but you can only listen to it with your 360 playing the demo disc. Inside Mass Effect video is blahblah boring. The trailers are great except they are the same ones you get from live. Also the demo's are all on live also.

[quote name='azeledge']fyi the bonus disc is available at Best Buy for 5 bucks plus tax Yeah the charge tax on a pre-order. BB's pre-order system is stupid they don't take any of your info and you have to save the receipt to get your 5 bucks back to be used on the purchase of the game.

Any how the contents are sort of lame. The Gamer pics and themes are ok Music is nice but you can only listen to it with your 360 playing the demo disc. Inside Mass Effect video is blahblah boring. The trailers are great except they are the same ones you get from live. Also the demo's are all on live also.
[/quote]
Thanks, I'll just order from Amazon then and skip the demo disk for now.

BTW, Amazon.com currently has 39% off (34% plus additional 5% at checkout) on the Mass Effect Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide (Hardcover) which puts it at just under $22.

Actually, I quite like Best Buy's pre-order system. Means they can't call me up and nag me to pick up a game that I already have on pre-order from Amazon. *Cough*

This game should be re-named Mass Erect. It's going to be so good.

ya they put it up about 1 month ago i saw it when looking at the regular mass effect

to bad its a retail price!

So does that mean that if you pre-order from Amazon you'll get that bonus disc from them, too?

Or should I just play it safe and get it from EBgames.com? I'll only save like 28 cents if I order from Amazon anyway.

I would like to know, too, if we get the bonus disc from Amazon... I can order some other things at the time too, and save on shipping.

id be interested in pre-ordering but i want the pre-order cd, best buy has them but nothing about the CE. can i pre-order at best buy then cancel later on.

[quote name='Layd Dly']id be interested in pre-ordering but i want the pre-order cd, best buy has them but nothing about the CE. can i pre-order at best buy then cancel later on.[/quote]
I think the way Best Buy's pre-order system works is that they count every single pre-order box/DVD they sell, then hold that amount of copies at the register when the game arrives. You bring your receipt in and you get $5 off the game at the counter and take your copy.

Otherwise you can just buy the preorder DVD ( you get charged tax, so don't feel bad about not picking up the preorder when it does come in), then when the game shows up, just don't go get it and keep the pre-order DVD. The extra copies that people don't pick up just go right back on the shelf after a couple days at Best Buy.

That's what I did, anyway.

I was wondering whats the difference in the pre-ordered disc bonus and the Limited edition contents? isnt the limited ed has the same thing as the pre-order disc and plus additional more contents?

[quote name='lobitoh']I was wondering whats the difference in the pre-ordered disc bonus and the Limited edition contents? isnt the limited ed has the same thing as the pre-order disc and plus additional more contents?[/quote]Check for yourself:

http://masseffect.bioware.com/purchase.html

From how I'm reading it, I'd assume as much, though Bioware would be the final say-so on that. I emailed them to ask them that very question.

According to this thread in the Bioware forums, someone else says the same thing:
http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=593169&forum=104&sp=105

[quote name='lobitoh']I was wondering whats the difference in the pre-ordered disc bonus and the Limited edition contents? isnt the limited ed has the same thing as the pre-order disc and plus additional more contents?[/QUOTE]
well if you look back at the few pages someone emailed gamestop and they said if you preorder the LE you also get the bonus disc.

[quote name='62t']well if you look back at the few pages someone emailed gamestop and they said if you preorder the LE you also get the bonus disc.[/quote]Don't assume that:

[quote name='From GS.com email']Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us at GameStop.com!

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I have received more information
in regards to this issue, and the bonus content that is included with
the regular edition will not be included with the Limited Edition. The
regular edition includes a pre order disk that is provided in store as
well. The disk that comes with the Limited Edition is online only and
completely different.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best Regards,
Erin
Customer Service Agent[/quote]
[quote name='Previous email to GS.com']
To whom it may concern,

Erin, who replied to my original email, did not read my email and
provide a correct answer. I am re-sending my request to get a correct
answer from someone that would take the time to read my email and
provide a correct answer.

I asked if the pre-order bonus DVD that is listed as being available
with the pre-order of the non-LE version of Mass Effect would also be
made available with the LE version of Mass Effect. I did not ask if the
LE content was available with the non-LE version, which I already knew
wouldn't be.

As stated in my original email below, please determine if the
promotional content DVD listed as being available for the non-LE version
of Mass Effect is available with the pre-order of the LE version. The
following website on Xbox.com indicates that I should get the additional
content DVD regardless of the version I pre-order:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/1022-masseffect.htm

Please confirm this situation, and if you are unable to determine this,
please escalate this request to someone that can.[/quote]

On the EBGames and Gamestop website, it now clearly states that you get the bonus disc with either the regular or Limited Edition.

Edit: Ironically the GTZ10 code doesn't work anymore BECAUSE of the bonus disc being included.

So now I have to wonder if it's worth the four bucks or if I should just risk it at Amazon...

[quote name='dstan']On the EBGames and Gamestop website, it now clearly states that you get the bonus disc with either the regular or Limited Edition.

Edit: Ironically the GTZ10 code doesn't work anymore BECAUSE of the bonus disc being included.

So now I have to wonder if it's worth the four bucks or if I should just risk it at Amazon...[/QUOTE]
I was just about to order and saw your post about the code not working. Now I am not sure what to do either.

Hey for those interested some Gamestops may be offering the edition in there stores. I went to two gamestops and one of them was willing to order the limited edition for the stores but he said it depends if they get a lot of preorders for the limited editions. This deal may be very ymmv depending where u go but in any case other stores should be offering this deal too. Personally I recommend just picking up the regaular edition at Family video for 45.98 with the 5 dollars off coupon. At least this way you can spend the additional 35-40 bucks towards another game u want like say Rock Band of Assasins creed...

I preordered the LE at Amazon and then went to a local BB to pickup the bonus disc. I'll either just cancel the preorder from BB or Amazon. Hopefully BB will get the LE but if they don't I'll just try and get my preorder money back. However the bonus disc is worth $5 (if you want one early). It has some new videos/interviews and of course the 12 gamerpics/2 themes.

bread's done
Back