Mass Effect out now COSTCO 52 dollars ymmv

[quote name='brightside']thought this is considered a deal since ME is going for 59.99 and is not supposed to be released till the 20th. This is the costco in socal on h street.[/quote]

are you talking about San Diego/Chula Vista??

[quote name='brightside']yeah..the one on 805 off H...by a kmart[/quote]

thanks for the heads up, im right down the street from there. bout to head over

most costcos have it in stock, but the register will not let you ring it up. anyone have better luck?

I was at Costco in Federal Way, WA (south of Seattle) today around 1:00 PM and they didn't have it out. I looked at all the video games.

I assure you, as of today, no Costco's in the Northwest region had it listed as in stock, or even in transit yet. The inventory computer does not lie.

i dont know about northwest, but pretty much every costco in southern california has it in stock, usually in a box at merchandise pickup. i actually held it in my hands. they all got the game in multiples of 16, which means they either have 16, 32, or 48, ect. however, when trying to scan it the register will not let you sell it so i dont know how to get pass that. shit out of luck. if someone can figure out a way to buy it let me know

[quote name='kwonster']i dont know about northwest, but pretty much every costco in southern california has it in stock, usually in a box at merchandise pickup. i actually held it in my hands. they all got the game in multiples of 16, which means they either have 16, 32, or 48, ect. however, when trying to scan it the register will not let you sell it so i dont know how to get pass that. shit out of luck. if someone can figure out a way to buy it let me know[/QUOTE]

If there is a hard block on the game, which sounds like there is, you need a nice supervisor, and good luck finding one who will let you get it early when the block is on the register. They're pretty hardcore about those kind of things.

But once again, best of luck to you. I've been checking everywhere in the Portland area for this game, and it's looking like I'll have to wait until Tuesday.

This is dead in the chula vista costco off of the 805 on H st.... spoke to a supervisor he said that someone came by and try to buy a bunch of copies so they took it off the shelves...

[quote name='DrAlejandro']This is dead in the chula vista costco off of the 805 on H st.... spoke to a supervisor he said that someone came by and try to buy a bunch of copies so they took it off the shelves...[/QUOTE]
Never lacking for a dick to fuck things up...

[quote name='KR3W']I'll be going to the Corona, CA one. So hopefully they'll have it.[/quote]

Nice to know that there's a Corona CAG out there. I live in Corona and will check the Costco on McKinley tomorrow morning for ME. That would be awesome getting it a couple of days early and cheaper to boot! Good luck!

well gotdamn. i work in a freaking Costco... but its a brand new one and we're still unloading freight. haven't cracked open any media boxes yet (besides big ass xbox displays), but i'd be willing to bet they're sitting in one of those boxes... so close! yet so far away!

Just stating the obvious - OP, can you add YMMV to the title...

(Plus, has anyone actually purchased it successfully other than the OP?!?!)

The Costco on Los Feliz in Glendale, CA had the box on the shelves but rings up as unavailable at the cash wrap. $51.99 was the price.

[quote name='brightside']my bad..i'm new here. i'm assuming ymmv means not everywere? does that stand for your mileage may vary?[/quote]

Precisely.

picked up my copy at the burbank, ca costco. the manager had to override the system knowing it says that they cant sell it until the 20th. The box was not on the shelves, they had them at merchandise pickup.
masseffect%5Fkl.jpg

well i checked carmel mountain and they did not have the pick up boxes on the shelves. so i assume no one could get it at rb. did you ask merchandise or how did you get yours?

[quote name='xelhefex']picked up my copy at the burbank, ca costco. the manager had to override the system knowing it says that they cant sell it until the 20th. The box was not on the shelves, they had them at merchandise pickup.
masseffect%5Fkl.jpg
[/quote]

i went to merchandise pickup and i saw a cardboard box on the floor with the display boxes for mass effect and halo 3. i asked the guy if they were selling it and he said yeah, and that someone hadnt put them out yet on the shelves so i asked him for the box and then went to the register. The cashier rang it up and it was saying not for sale so she told the manager and she had to manual override it. Then when i went back to merchandise pick to get it the guy was like "well this isnt supposed to be out yet, but i dont know what the big deal is. Don't tell your friends." I have now beaten the first level....

i went to the costco in chino hills today and saw no boxes, so i asked an employee about it. he said they did have them out, but they put them back because they weren't supposed to be sold until the 20th. so i'll have to wait another day. he also said they have 16 copies.

I checked in Van Nuys Costco today, they do have it in the merchandise pick up cage and I almost scored one, but at the last moment she looked at the box and saw the "Do not sell before such and such" sticker and shot me down.

I might try Burbank later today to see if I get lucky.

Just went to the Costco in Carlsbad. They have them out on the shelves but I couldn't get them to sell them to me when I brought them up to the register. Too bad :(

Checked out the Costco in Corona, Cali, before store closing last night...no sign of the game on the shelves. Looks like this store's waiting until the official release date.

bread's done
Back