Mass Effect Platinum Hits $15.99

[quote name='chunlirocks']Way to high for such an old game[/QUOTE]

...ppl might say that about earthbound as well.

Earthbound was mass produced in numbers like Mass Effect nor was it as successful as Mass Effect. I agree that ME should be an under $10 title after 3 years now.

[quote name='Investor']Earthbound was mass produced in numbers like Mass Effect nor was it as successful as Mass Effect. I agree that ME should be an under $10 title after 3 years now.[/QUOTE]

of course. it was meant to be in jest...ME 1 is just hard to find in stores new that's all. it's not the price so much as the availability.

It's been this price for about a week now. Wonder why it's fluctuated so much in the past month or so, however - at first there were people claiming that it was out of print and that ME3 had driven up demand, but then Amazon comes out of nowhere and lists it at $19.99 for a few weeks, and then $15.99.

Mass Effect 2 was the first one I played and I loved it. I tried to play the first game but couldn't get past how clunky a lot of it was compared to ME2 and ME3.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Mass Effect 2 was the first one I played and I loved it. I tried to play the first game but couldn't get past how clunky a lot of it was compared to ME2 and ME3.[/QUOTE]

yeah, mass effect 1's gameplay is really clunky. not a fan of that part of the game at all.

[quote name='Sandrock7383']yeah, mass effect 1's gameplay is really clunky. not a fan of that part of the game at all.[/QUOTE]

I'm the complete opposite, but that discussion is better left for other areas of the forum. If I needed a copy, this is definitely the price I'd pick it up at.

I played through the PC version a couple weeks ago for the first time, absolutely loved it, but even I agree this is way too high for a 4+ year old game with 2 sequels.

HEY i bought 2 copies when amazon did the 19.99 and flipped one new for 31 but if they dropped in price .... HOW OR COULD I get a price adjustment? anyone know how that works?

they'll probably put out a triple pack like Gears 1/2 + DLC someday. though you can already "buy" your ME1 import progress to update towards your 1st PT on ME2. you miss out on a ton of story and chatter but at least you don't miss a lot of alternate outcomes. (of course there's always youtube)

[quote name='100xp']they'll probably put out a triple pack like Gears 1/2 + DLC someday.[/QUOTE]
The only real obstacle to that would be that ME1 was published by Microsoft while ME2 & ME3 were published by EA.

bread's done
Back