Mass Effect: Revelation (Paperback) $7.99

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I consider this a...deal...[/quote] ...a deal at full price?

Thanks for the heads-up, though. Most books based on videogames...or at least the ones I've read...were terrible. Hopefully this one is better.

[quote name='Ballafoesho']It's Revelation not revalation. I hate people that can't spell.[/QUOTE]

I am officially on a hate list. I'll check that off my list of life goals finally.

The author is the same one who wrote Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, which was pretty good. He's also apparently a writer for Bioware and worked on KOTOR and Mass Effect.

At this point, I'll probably give this one the benefit of the doubt and pick it up the next time I get enough stuff to order from Amazon.

TBW

Thanks, OP. I just signed up for Amazon Prime the other day so this would only cost me $7.99, no tax and no shipping. I do find that to be a deal!

Does anyone know of a site selling this that takes Google Checkout? I really want to buy this and Halo: Ghosts of Onyx and it would help if I got 10 bucks off of the price.

If only they had left the word "prequel" out of the description for this, I could've safely ignored it forever instead of going on my must-buy list.

I just read part of chapter one that is posted on the Bioware site; it's actually pretty good. I may pick it up to read after I knock out Harry Potter and wait for the release of Mass Effect.

Anyone know if reading the book will spoil anything in the game? The book sounds interesting but I don't want anything potentially spoiled before I get the chance to play the game.

[quote name='ToddG15']Anyone know if reading the book will spoil anything in the game? The book sounds interesting but I don't want anything potentially spoiled before I get the chance to play the game.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't as it's a prequel and takes place prior to the actual game. It should, however, help flesh out some basics of the game universe prior to the game; names of different races, different planets, the conflict that builds up to the game, etc.

[quote name='darthbudge']Does anyone know of a site selling this that takes Google Checkout? I really want to buy this and Halo: Ghosts of Onyx and it would help if I got 10 bucks off of the price.[/QUOTE]

best bet will probably be buy.com then

bread's done
Back