Mass Effect shrinkwrapped still new?

joshythegreat18

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
As the title suggests, I received a copy of Mass Effect less than a week after it came out (the date escapes me at this point in time) from Amazon.com. Upon receiving it, I noticed that the game was shrinkwrapped and not "factory sealed". The stickers (those meant to convey the idea of being new and unopened) were still intact, both on the side, as well as at the top of the game case. I thought that this was curious, but the game disc looks flawless.

So I have to ask: is it possible (or better yet, probable) to receive a game that is brand new and yet shrinkwrapped? I tend to shy away from shrinkwrapped games, but it being Amazon.com, and the game arriving only several days after it came out, led me to think that something may just have happend with the wrapping (ie. got torn when taking it out of the box). Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

[quote name='joshythegreat18']As the title suggests, I received a copy of Mass Effect less than a week after it came out (the date escapes me at this point in time) from Amazon.com. Upon receiving it, I noticed that the game was shrinkwrapped and not "factory sealed". The stickers (those meant to convey the idea of being new and unopened) were still intact, both on the side, as well as at the top of the game case. I thought that this was curious, but the game disc looks flawless.

So I have to ask: is it possible (or better yet, probable) to receive a game that is brand new and yet shrinkwrapped? I tend to shy away from shrinkwrapped games, but it being Amazon.com, and the game arriving only several days after it came out, led me to think that something may just have happend with the wrapping (ie. got torn when taking it out of the box). Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks![/quote]

Well some games aren't even factory sealed at all, I know there have been some DS games that I've seen in the store where all of them are shrinkwrapped. In this case though, it's a microsoft game and as far as I know all their games come factory sealed. If the stickers were intact and everything looks new then it's probably new. Maybe the plastic got torn so they shrinkwrapped it? I dunno, but it's probably new.

Some 360 games have been coming into stores like that. I guess as a way to save money or something.

I know Blue Dragon came that way when it first came out.

bread's done
Back