Mass Effect to only use a One time check now

Will this be mouse+keyboard friendly? I have a 360, but not having to buy the PC adapter ($20 right?) in order to fully enjoy the game would be cool.

Hooray for companies actually listening to consumer feedback. Now with the stupid DRM removed, I actually plan on buying this game.

Mixed reaction.

I welcome the removal of the online check, but the game still has SecuROM (malware) and only permits three installs. Any additional installs must be OK'd by EA's pitiful customer support.

The sad irony of this Securom stuff is that it has encouraged more legitimate buyers to use cracks. I've had to use cracks myself, a few times, just to get genuine retail disks to play on my DVD-RW.

If you really plan on buying this, then why would you complain about this? The check probably takes a few seconds anyways, I guess the pirates will have it easier since they will probably crack it within hours.

The check isn't the issue so much as a)installing crapware like SecuROM on users' computers b)using validation servers to limit you to three maximum installs, unless you call EA customer support and ask for more. Both of them are unnecessary hassles that penalize paying customers; pirates get clean copies sans the DRM bullshat.

[quote name='hec204']If you really plan on buying this, then why would you complain about this?[/QUOTE]
Why would I complain about installing something that does nothing to benefit me, has the power to do anything it likes and cannot be removed from my systems without a great deal of effort?

People will still buy this game even if DRM is on it or not. I understand they want to protect their properties from piracy, but if they use a system that bloats your system and fucks up your dvd drive, then it's not worth it. For some reason I can NO LONGER BURN DVD's/CD's under XP Home, but thankfully under XP Pro I kept that shit out of it and so I am still up and running with burning.

[quote name='kamui34']Hope it goes on Steam... sounds a lot of hassle from the Securom[/quote]This is an EA published game, you'll never see it on Steam. EA has their own digital distribution (heard wasn't very reliable though).

bread's done
Back