Massachusetts' Cheap Ass Gamers Topic!

Kidtrunks1128

CAG Veteran
I've noticed over my time here at the forum that one of the largest problems is trying to locate where the deals exist. I recently had a problem locating an existing deal in my area, Massachusetts. So I propose this topic is for Massachusets Cheap Ass Gamers who want to help and can request it here. Here we go!d by

So far I've found that the Circuit City in Natick has the really cheap prices. What I mean is I've bought both Breath of Fire V and Freaky Flyers for $7 each.

I've checked out the Circuit City in Braintree, and they too have Breath of Fire V for around $7, although I don't know what other deals they have.

Target in Westboro has some cheap titles, although their selection is dominated by newer releases. I was able to pick up Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $5.23.

I'm heading to the Marlboro Target tomorrow to see what they've got. I heard someone was able to purchase Arc the Lad for $5. If this is true, and I can find it, I'll be extatic.

For all the Cheap Ass Gamers in Massachusetts, let's give eachother a big hand. Thanks.

Anyway, to the moderators, if this topic doesn't belong here please move it.

I finally got my gift card from best buy for my returned 360 (i had enough gift cards/reward zone points to get an elite already), that I was planning on picking up the ps3 today. With this news, I can wait another week and a half.

I hear that, I'm HDTV shopping on Sat. morning and need to know where to look.

If anyone sees flyers come out in the papers would you mind posting so I know to buy a paper?

I'll likely be roaming for an HDTV this weekend also. That Westinghouse 42" 1080p LCD HDTV over at Best Buy is calling my name.

I find it kinda nice how the 10% coupons from the new BB openings are set up for this weekend. :D

First time I think all three coupons will be used.

Tax-free weekend shopping looked like a bust. Lots of places in the city appeared pretty empty.

Ongoing boos to Back Bay BB for not carrying frontlane games.

All the enthusiastic help must have quit too. Never seen so many indifferent monkeys huddled together to avoid customers. One cow walked away with no apology to the adjacent register because the other one got confused.

Maybe ring up the customer waiting in your line first.

Gag.

Tax-free weekend shopping looked like a bust. Lots of places in the city appeared pretty empty.

Ongoing boos to Back Bay BB for not carrying frontlane games.

All the enthusiastic help must have quit too. Never seen so many indifferent monkeys huddled together to avoid customers. One cow walked away with no apology to the adjacent register because the other one got confused.

Maybe ring up the customer waiting in your line first.

Gag.

All I did was price match my 360 at BB, bought nothing.

Coolidge EB is still my jam for local game shopping. I bought a couple bunk quality used games at another EB and Coolidge hooked me up with mint copies... the lastest in a crapload of awesome things they've done.

I haven't been to the Coolidge EB in a while. I loved that store, when I found a copy of Earthbound there a couple of years ago, I couldn't contain my joy.

Um, this isn't exactly Mass, but the Fye in Enfield was, they were picked pretty clean though, might be totally cleared out now.

They were selling those football fundraiser cards with the $5 off a used game $15 or more at GS in Brookline the past 2 weekends. Keep your eyes peeled.

Far Cry for Wii makes the baby Jesus cry.

Today I discovered that as a belated grand opening sale, the Medford Gamestop is doing a buy 2 get 1 free used game sale, valid on all used games for all systems. The clerk wasn't sure how long the sale would go for, but thought it would be until the 16th. He said the sale isn't going on at any other stores or online.

This store is located in the Station Landing shopping/apartment complex by the Wellington stop on the Orange line.

I decided to add to my Gamecube collection: I got Battalion Wars, Star Wars Rogue Leader, and Viewtiful Joe for $19! :lol:

Hope this saves someone some $$$

For anyone who hasn't picked up Halo 3, if you can find a used copy at Newbury Comics they're going for $39.99.

At that price, I had to jump on it.

I'm moving to Boston. Any good spots to hit up? Not necessarily for deals but maybe decent arcades or import spots.

Where can I live on the cheap besides Roxbury?

[quote name='cochesecochese']I'm moving to Boston. Any good spots to hit up? Not necessarily for deals but maybe decent arcades or import spots.

Where can I live on the cheap besides Roxbury?[/QUOTE]

I think the de facto agreed-upon arcade of choice in the area is Good Times (Assembly Sq., Somerville) with regard to games, so long you don't mind risk of being murdered every weekend.

Not sure about import spots.

As for living, depends where you gotta be or what you gotta do. If you're a student, you'll probably rock the roommate thing unless you wanna drop 1K plus for a shit studio in Allston/Brighton. Further you are from the city, further you are from a T-Stop, the cheaper your crib is going to be. Most kids I know live out on the Green Line, but both ends of the Red Line are popular, too. I'd stay away from most of Roxbury if you value your life and livelihood. What's your financial situation like? Are you going to school or working someplace?

Hell, I don't think there are any import spots... the only place even close to having import items is Tokyo Kid in the Garage at Harvard Square, IIRC, but their prices suck balls.

I just got back from Good Times about 5 minutes ago.

Don't get stuck out there after the T stops running, pain in the ass.

[quote name='O-Dog']As for living, depends where you gotta be or what you gotta do. If you're a student, you'll probably rock the roommate thing unless you wanna drop 1K plus for a shit studio in Allston/Brighton. Further you are from the city, further you are from a T-Stop, the cheaper your crib is going to be. Most kids I know live out on the Green Line, but both ends of the Red Line are popular, too. I'd stay away from most of Roxbury if you value your life and livelihood. What's your financial situation like? Are you going to school or working someplace?[/quote]

I just have to get the hell outta VT. I'm assuming school eventually but for right now I'm just going to be working and doing a lot of art shit. If I study it's going to be at either MassArt (easy to get into) or Umass (easy to get into and I've got a hookup there) so I've been looking into Brighton. I've got about 6K saved up and I figure it should be enough to get me on my feet down there.

[quote name='cochesecochese']I just have to get the hell outta VT. I'm assuming school eventually but for right now I'm just going to be working and doing a lot of art shit. If I study it's going to be at either MassArt (easy to get into) or Umass (easy to get into and I've got a hookup there) so I've been looking into Brighton. I've got about 6K saved up and I figure it should be enough to get me on my feet down there.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, sounds like you've got it under control. I think most people instantly do the Craigslist thing but I've had better success checking out the websites of area businesses.

For example, I work in healthcare and had success checking staff postings, accessible via the net: http://healthcare.partners.org/housing/housing.asp

Brighton's fun. Definitely a lot of college-age kids (girls), dive bars (Green Briar) and T-accessible. You'll be fine.

I love Brighton. I used to live right in the middle of Allston, but getting to sleep was generally difficult. 5 minutes away by foot, quiet as a church mouse.

Did any Boston peeps get the $.01 Sex Pistols faceplates? I'll buy a spare off of someone... they marked the price back up at the Fenway BB and I don't feel like trucking to South Bay or Watertown.

I'm going to see if I can get a local Toys R Us to sell me Mass Effect early tomorrow.

[quote name='cochesecochese']I just have to get the hell outta VT. I'm assuming school eventually but for right now I'm just going to be working and doing a lot of art shit. If I study it's going to be at either MassArt (easy to get into) or Umass (easy to get into and I've got a hookup there) so I've been looking into Brighton. I've got about 6K saved up and I figure it should be enough to get me on my feet down there.[/QUOTE]

For MassArt (and NU where I go) the place to live is Mission Hill. Similar prices to Allston/Brighton, but closer.

Mission Hill isn't a bad gig at all. I lived on the street next to the Squealing Pig (I went to Emmanuel) and it was close enough to school/work, but far enough away from sketchyville.

No dice on faceplates at the Fenway BB.

[quote name='lordwow']For MassArt (and NU where I go) the place to live is Mission Hill. Similar prices to Allston/Brighton, but closer.[/quote]

Can't find much in that area (that I can afford). I just found a room in a kind of boarding house for 500 in a real quiet nieghborhood everything included. Yeah it sucks to live like that but it's a short lease and I can get on my feet real easy at that price.

That's pretty much how I lived my first Summer out of college. Trust me, paying $500 to live anywhere in the Boston area (everything included) is pretty awesome.

Anyone here attempting to hit any of the Black Friday stuff in Boston? I might camp for the cheap laptop at Best Buy.

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']That's pretty much how I lived my first Summer out of college. Trust me, paying $500 to live anywhere in the Boston area (everything included) is pretty awesome.

Anyone here attempting to hit any of the Black Friday stuff in Boston? I might camp for the cheap laptop at Best Buy.[/quote]

There's really nothing good...

The Newbury Street Best Buy didn't have alot of mayhem and people around when I went at around 7 today =O. I was surprised when there weren't many people around.

Some idiot floor guy pushed a non-HDMI 360 on me, said it had the port. Stupid idiot. It's a good thing I know better.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']There is a store downtown calles CEX. They are awesome. Good selection and trade in values.[/quote]

This just made my day. Me and my friend are running that store and I'm thrilled someone appreciates us. We do give really good trade in value on a lot of stuff (even the cash values on newer, hot games is pretty damn good). It can get a little hectic though when we have 20 people trying to sell us their phones. Patience is key ;)

[quote name='yellowcoward']This just made my day. Me and my friend are running that store and I'm thrilled someone appreciates us. We do give really good trade in value on a lot of stuff (even the cash values on newer, hot games is pretty damn good). It can get a little hectic though when we have 20 people trying to sell us their phones. Patience is key ;)[/quote]

Awesome, good luck with it. Hopefully when you treat the gamers' right, they return the favor. Definitely going to make a stop in. What's the address?

[quote name='yellowcoward']This just made my day. Me and my friend are running that store and I'm thrilled someone appreciates us. We do give really good trade in value on a lot of stuff (even the cash values on newer, hot games is pretty damn good). It can get a little hectic though when we have 20 people trying to sell us their phones. Patience is key ;)[/quote]
How much would it be for the 360 Guitar Hero II complete with guitar? I was gonna go downtown yesterday to check out the store, but didn't get a chance to.

Edit:

Just went to the store today. Pretty cool. Good selection, and some good prices. I'd definitely shop there. Did notice a bunch of PAL games mixed in with the rest of the stock though. :whistle2:s Part of the starting stock?

Oh man, I should have brought my games to you guys instead of GS this weekend (BF 30% bonus for trading in 5+ games +10% edge). I'll have to check it out.

EDIT: What might be the trade-in value for a pristine black slim ps2?

[quote name='EXStrike']How much would it be for the 360 Guitar Hero II complete with guitar? I was gonna go downtown yesterday to check out the store, but didn't get a chance to.

Edit:

Just went to the store today. Pretty cool. Good selection, and some good prices. I'd definitely shop there. Did notice a bunch of PAL games mixed in with the rest of the stock though. :whistle2:s Part of the starting stock?[/quote]

So the company is out of England so to open the store they brought over a lot of stuff that would work on US systems. We've been working out the kinks as we go. The cool thing is we take alot of different stuff (pc hardware, cameras, phones) I traded in a ton of anime and bought a laptop.

As far as prices go just stop by. I don't have access to the POS from home and I rarely am online at work.

PS If anyone is looking for a part time job stop by and ask for Dave

Unfortunately, I go to school in Worcester, so going down there isn't the easiest thing to do.

Although, if I have anything I want to sell, I'd be sure to check your place out.

Second Micro Center. I built my computer from scratch ordering parts from NewEgg, but Micro Center was awesome for some things I forgot or realized I wanted to add. Great prices and things you can't find in other stores like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.

Did anyone have any luck getting Okami at any local CC's? I tried Natick last Friday and the employee told me that they were sold out yesterday...and of course there were no CoD4s... :roll:

ATTN POTENTIAL WII OWNERS:

MA Best Buys will be getting at least 21 Wiis each on Sunday (per ad posted by Speedy). I got a tip that Metro Boston area stores will be getting over 50 each.

bread's done
Back