Massachusetts' Cheap Ass Gamers Topic!

Kidtrunks1128

CAG Veteran
I've noticed over my time here at the forum that one of the largest problems is trying to locate where the deals exist. I recently had a problem locating an existing deal in my area, Massachusetts. So I propose this topic is for Massachusets Cheap Ass Gamers who want to help and can request it here. Here we go!d by

So far I've found that the Circuit City in Natick has the really cheap prices. What I mean is I've bought both Breath of Fire V and Freaky Flyers for $7 each.

I've checked out the Circuit City in Braintree, and they too have Breath of Fire V for around $7, although I don't know what other deals they have.

Target in Westboro has some cheap titles, although their selection is dominated by newer releases. I was able to pick up Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $5.23.

I'm heading to the Marlboro Target tomorrow to see what they've got. I heard someone was able to purchase Arc the Lad for $5. If this is true, and I can find it, I'll be extatic.

For all the Cheap Ass Gamers in Massachusetts, let's give eachother a big hand. Thanks.

Anyway, to the moderators, if this topic doesn't belong here please move it.

did a quick inventory check at circuitcity.com and it shows up as available for in-store pick up at the following location when purchased online:

Somerville Store #4111
65 Mystic Avenue
Somerville, MA 02145
(617) 623-3400

Id call first if I were you though... as for the itch, you may want to get that checked out. just sayin'

Viva Pinata Party Animals for $7.45 at Target (YMMV, I got 3 copies at Watertown Target, may or may not fly everywhere, some copies scanned at $15).

Before I Craigslist it, is anyone interested in a hard-drive-less and power-cord-less 5ish year old Dell Inspiron Laptop? Either I find someone to snag it for a few bucks (the LCD is still solid) for a DIY project like a thin client/picture frame, or I donate it for a tax write off.

I was at the Best Buy at Newbury St. and Mass Ave today, they have a pretty decent sized clearance rack. I mostly looked at the 360 games, I picked up Pirates of the Caribbean Worlds End, The Darkness, Beowulf, Hour of Victory, and DDR Universe for $5 each, and Sega Superstar Tennis for $20. They had Wii games too, I remember Dragon Quest Swords for $15, and a decent amount of PS2, PS3 and DS games. Not sure what is left now though.

I picked up TR:Anniversary (360) off the clearance rack @ Newbury BB on Friday I believe, but there were only about 2 copies and it took them like 30 minutes to get it to ring up correctly at $10.

Everything else looked really meh to me. A lot of piss poor Wii games/shovelware.

According to today's Boston Herald, Good Times is closing on the 30th.

*sigh*

I think that's the last big arcade in the Boston area that's going away now.

I've been to Boston Bowl a few times, someone I know frequents/used to frequent there for ITG/DDR and whatever. I've never heard of that arcade, but a shame to see one close, the biggest arcade in the area that I know of is in Nashua NH, which is closer to me than going down to the Boston area anyways.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']According to today's Boston Herald, Good Times is closing on the 30th.

*sigh*

I think that's the last big arcade in the Boston area that's going away now.[/QUOTE]

Jesus, I gotta get over there and use my tokens.

I heard an IKEA is going in there.

Aww, I loved Good Times!

I guess cheap Swedish furniture will have to be our cold comfort. Which is actually kind of rad, I hate driving to Stoughton and I'm moving in a month.

Anyone going to try and get the iphone? If so, think we'll have to camp out? Really hoping not, but I didn't do the iphone v. 1.0 thing, so I'm not sure.

[quote name='lordwow']Jesus, I gotta get over there and use my tokens.

I heard an IKEA is going in there.[/quote]

Another Ikea? Strange they'd build another one with the one in Stoughton barely a few years old.

[quote name='homeland']Another Ikea? Strange they'd build another one with the one in Stoughton barely a few years old.[/QUOTE]

Looks to be accurate:

t is with regret that we must issue this notice regarding the closure of Good Time Emporium. Our building will soon be replaced with a furniture store. Although we had anticipated remaining in business for several more months, our landlord, Federal Realty Investment Trust, has just informed us that we need to vacate the building by June 30, 2008.

Management and staff of Good Time Emporium would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude for your patronage over the past seventeen years. It has been our pleasure to serve the people of Somerville and surrounding communities. And, we are proud to have been able to support numerous groups who have benefited from our presence in the city.

To the many customers who hold unused redemption tickets and tokens, we urge you to visit our facility to redeem them as soon as possible.

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']Stoughton Ikea is so busy that it's mindblowing. They can definitely warrant putting another one close to Boston.[/QUOTE]

I was there on a Wed afternoon not to long ago, and it was DEAD inside. There were probably about 100ish people there. Not many at all. May have been the time of day though.

In other news, the clearance rack at the Newbury BB became lame. It's now Buy 1 Get 1 75% off or Buy 1 Get 1 50% off instead of 50-75% each game.

Of course, each game is retail price or near retail price for the buy 1.

They won't move any merchandise with that non deal. It could mean a return to the straight up 50-75% like memorial day if they want that floor space back. I kind of regret not picking up the ps2 simpsons game for $10.

As for the the Somerville Ikea. It would/should have been the first one in MA if it weren't for those NIMBY neighbors holding things up for several years. Good TImes might've been spared too since IKEA had to agree to swap their original land to appease those dolts.

I havent posted here in yrs n plzzz forgive me , anyways I 2 am from mass , stones throw from the Ikea in stoughton !

It's a sad day for Gamers if Good Times has to close it's doors cuz we have less n less places to go that celebrate the arcade life like the good ole 80's n such ! I weep at the idea , btw I will start posting deals on my end more often the canton, stoughton, avon , braintree , brocton , tuanton , etc ! Any 1 here into psp games ?

ODV out!

[quote name='ONEDEADLYVENOM']I havent posted here in yrs n plzzz forgive me , anyways I 2 am from mass , stones throw from the Ikea in stoughton !

It's a sad day for Gamers if Good Times has to close it's doors cuz we have less n less places to go that celebrate the arcade life like the good ole 80's n such ! I weep at the idea , btw I will start posting deals on my end more often the canton, stoughton, avon , braintree , brocton , tuanton , etc ! Any 1 here into psp games ?

ODV out![/quote]

Part of that is my area too and there are sometimes some decent sales going on, but I usually go more towards Waltham/Watertown.

Well..I may be a bit guilty of that. A few months ago I got a black label ff10 at Walmart in Walpole and flipped it on ebay for $290.

Outside of the big box stores there really isn't much in our area for game deals. Hardly any pawn shops.

[quote name='ONEDEADLYVENOM']I havent posted here in yrs n plzzz forgive me , anyways I 2 am from mass , stones throw from the Ikea in stoughton !

ODV out![/quote]

I don't know if I'll miss Good Times all that much. I went there once and while it was fun, I just hated seeing it on the news as a trouble site...

Good Times did have some rough times. The place did scream ghetto.

A lot of my friends and I would go there only because it was T-accessible (though getting stuck out there after the T stop running = epic fail). I did really enjoy the laser tag though. It was also cool to get a drink and sit down and watch a game after you played arcade games/etc. But I do have to say I felt the arcade selection there was really limited. By the 2nd time I went there, I couldn't find anything I wanted to spend tokens on.

[quote name='caedeskhan']well i got a copy of the flyer from the dedham store, but I haven't seen them in the wild.[/QUOTE]

I just saw the thread that has a printout for it. I'll be visiting Dedham real soon :)

Just so you know, the Dedham store is far better than the Canton one. If you are going to use a printout avoid Canton (even though that is where I live during the summer!).

Shit, I didn't know about a tax break holiday. I was planning on making some big purchases this week but will wait since the tax break will save me some cash. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='classact']Just wondering where there are flea market or pawn shops in the area[/QUOTE]

Ya, Raynham (near the shaw's/Chilis right off of 44) is the only one I know of. There are none with T-range of the city.

[quote name='Kandal']WHAT!? Good Times in Somerville is relocating?![/QUOTE]

It's already moved out. They closed last month. IKEA is opening there.

The Raynham flea isn't that good anymore. I had some good finds there on some systems and other electronics, but games are bad. There are a couple of larger sellers, but they are close to retail.

There was one other huge flea market in Taunton I used to go to years ago, but I don't know if it still around. It had a huge outdoor and a decent indoor market (the only other detail I remember was that it had a long road leading into it).

There are some flea markets in Nashua, NH, but I've never been to them.

Hello all my neighboring CAG-ers! I'm here to invite you all to my PS3 Sharing Group! I'm hoping to get it starting! I'm seeking 4 new members who are interested in a long term, well communicated group! We can get in contact via personal message, aol instant messenger, forum, etc.

How it works?
1) I make a brand new gamertag
2) We share detail of the brand new gamer tag within our group.
3) Take turns adding the same amount of credits into the account (additional funding option)

Yeah the Taunton flea market is gone. There was a fire or something and now it is a car auction lot, although the car acution lot might even be gone by now too :p . The raynham one is no good anymore like you said.
Those are the only 2 I can think of.

I haven't been to the Rayham Flea in a while. I was going to go soon, but sad to hear it sucks now. Is there any good places to go in southeastern Mass to score decent deals/hard-to-find games? Everything seems to be north of Boston. :/

[quote name='Maromi']I haven't been to the Rayham Flea in a while. I was going to go soon, but sad to hear it sucks now. Is there any good places to go in southeastern Mass to score decent deals/hard-to-find games? Everything seems to be north of Boston. :/[/quote]

Southeastern MA has a large amount of competition, so it is hard to get deals. I talked to one woman today who advertised a yard sale with games, and some guy showed up the night before to buy them. People also showed up at 5:30 AM, several hours before the thing even started.

The Sears and Toys R Us in Dedham get a lot of traffic, and I know there is someone besides myself getting the clearance stuff in the Brockton TRU.

Heck, there is no Gamerush in our area, but I noticed someone already dumped a ton of FF: RTSS on the Quincy Blockbuster, since they do trades.

There is a place in Middleboro, that in terms of rare/old stuff, has a lot. It's like a small little place in a plaza with a sign that just says "video games" but it's surprisingly expensive. Not really good for us CAGS. hah

bread's done
Back