Massachusetts' Cheap Ass Gamers Topic!

Kidtrunks1128

CAG Veteran
I've noticed over my time here at the forum that one of the largest problems is trying to locate where the deals exist. I recently had a problem locating an existing deal in my area, Massachusetts. So I propose this topic is for Massachusets Cheap Ass Gamers who want to help and can request it here. Here we go!d by

So far I've found that the Circuit City in Natick has the really cheap prices. What I mean is I've bought both Breath of Fire V and Freaky Flyers for $7 each.

I've checked out the Circuit City in Braintree, and they too have Breath of Fire V for around $7, although I don't know what other deals they have.

Target in Westboro has some cheap titles, although their selection is dominated by newer releases. I was able to pick up Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $5.23.

I'm heading to the Marlboro Target tomorrow to see what they've got. I heard someone was able to purchase Arc the Lad for $5. If this is true, and I can find it, I'll be extatic.

For all the Cheap Ass Gamers in Massachusetts, let's give eachother a big hand. Thanks.

Anyway, to the moderators, if this topic doesn't belong here please move it.

[quote name='caedeskhan']Southeastern MA has a large amount of competition, so it is hard to get deals. I talked to one woman today who advertised a yard sale with games, and some guy showed up the night before to buy them. People also showed up at 5:30 AM, several hours before the thing even started.

The Sears and Toys R Us in Dedham get a lot of traffic, and I know there is someone besides myself getting the clearance stuff in the Brockton TRU.

Heck, there is no Gamerush in our area, but I noticed someone already dumped a ton of FF: RTSS on the Quincy Blockbuster, since they do trades.[/quote]

I'm on the Tiverton, RI border, so even Dedham and Brockton are pretty far north of me, though I do hit Brockton once in a while when I'm in Bridgewater. Most of the good yard sales aren't around here, but 40+ miles north, according to craigslist.

[quote name='HowStern']Yeah the Taunton flea market is gone. There was a fire or something and now it is a car auction lot, although the car acution lot might even be gone by now too :p . The raynham one is no good anymore like you said.
Those are the only 2 I can think of.[/QUOTE]

Grafton? I haven't been to it in ~6 years though so I dunno

For those that care, there's a two system-linked Tekken 6 machines at the Warwick Mall in Warwick, RI. They've had them for a couple of months, but I don't think it's been mentioned here yet.

I know it's a drive for some of you, but I figure those in/near Attleboro or live close to 295 might like to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anybody on the North Shore of Boston, the Liberty Tree Mall Best Buy has a $9.99 clearance rack. I picked up:

:360: Avatar the Burning Earth
:360: The Golden Compass
:360: Need for Speed Carbon
:wii: Bee Movie

Before checking out I asked an employee if they were $9.99, he said yes. Not believing him I scanned them myself and they rang up as higher than $9.99. After I asked him again he put yellow stickers on the back so that the cashiers would know they had to manually adjust the prices down to $9.99.

I went to the Liberty Tree mall Best Buy again today (Peabody, MA). They still have a bunch of games on the $9.99 rack. Need for Speed Carbon, Superman Returns and a couple of sports games for the 360, Golden Compass for the 360 & PS3. Also lots of DS, Xbox and PS2 games, but I don't remember any titles.

I'm not sure if I've posted this here or not, but I'm selling my Dreamcast.

Incl:
Dreamcast System (plays burned/selfboot nicely, roommate said it was a Japanese market one, I can't/don't know how to confirm that).
2 Controllers
1 Memory Card
1 Light Gun
1 Keyboard/Mouse
1 Racing Wheel

Games:

Jedi Power Battles
Sega Flag to Flag
Sonic Adventure
Daytona USA
Sega Marine Fishing
House of the Dead 2
Time Stalkers
Crazy Taxi
Dreamcast Web Browser (lots of tutorials online on how to get this working w/ telephone cable into pc)
2 weaksauce cheat CD's

A pile of other shiny discs that may also include other things.

I'm in Brighton and would like to deal locally for cash if anyone is interested. I loved the crap out of this thing in college.

i found 2 copy of warhawk w/bluetooth headset for $30 at newbury st best buy yesterday. i thought i bought the last one a month and a half ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watertown, MA Best Buy has Conan for 14.99. It rings at 19.99 but there is a sign over the clearance rack stating $5 off. After pointing it out, someone went and checked the sign and they gave it to me for 14.99.

Not a great deal for...not a great game but hey it's something.

[quote name='sharpedge']I went to the Liberty Tree mall Best Buy again today (Peabody, MA). They still have a bunch of games on the $9.99 rack. Need for Speed Carbon, Superman Returns and a couple of sports games for the 360, Golden Compass for the 360 & PS3. Also lots of DS, Xbox and PS2 games, but I don't remember any titles.[/quote]

Skimmed it myself when I was down there on Wednesday, 99% of the time it's all crap though, so I usually just ignore them.

Are any of you surprised that none of the MA stores are closing? At the very least I though Braintree would close. Its near South Shore plaza (thus high rents) yet is always empty. A new CC also opened in Brockton.

Woburn Target has Battlefield : Bad Company on clearance along with Golden Axe : Beast Rider and Civilization...they also have Warhawk bundles for $30

[quote name='kchiang']Any good place to buy used games or cheap games in springfield MA[/quote]
I've gotten some cool stuff from the store on Belmont Ave., near Pho Saigon (can't remember the name of the place...). Mostly NES stuff.

Other than that, most of the best experiences I've had locally were at the GameStop in East Longmeadow plaza. Pretty cool employees.

[quote name='Dream to Dream']I've gotten some cool stuff from the store on Belmont Ave., near Pho Saigon (can't remember the name of the place...). Mostly NES stuff.

Other than that, most of the best experiences I've had locally were at the GameStop in East Longmeadow plaza. Pretty cool employees.[/quote]

thx for the tips

[quote name='kchiang']anyone want to team up and wait in line for BF, i hate doing it by myself[/quote]

What are you thinking of waiting in line for?

I haven't seen anything yet I'd wait around for, but maybe I missed something.

[quote name='Synergy']What are you thinking of waiting in line for?

I haven't seen anything yet I'd wait around for, but maybe I missed something.[/quote]

planning to wait outside Game Crazy for some cheap games lol

i would have thought that the CC on Rte. 1 in danvers near the chili's would have closed for sure. that place is dead all of the time. combine that with the fact that there is a WAAAAY busier CC in Saugus a few miles down the road on the same highway.

[quote name='Shizim']i would have thought that the CC on Rte. 1 in danvers near the chili's would have closed for sure. that place is dead all of the time. combine that with the fact that there is a WAAAAY busier CC in Saugus a few miles down the road on the same highway.[/quote]

That one in Danvers is the WORST store I have been to. There is always a fat guy who is an ass when you ask for something.

If anyone's on the North Shore, Salem MA target has a ton of stuff on clearance.

They had at least 20 copies of Battlefield Company left for the 360 for $12.48 each.

For the 360, they also had 1 or two copies of:

Thrillville - $9.98
Pure - $15
Lego Indy - $12.48
Beijing 2008 - $12.48
Devil May Cry - $41.98
Chronicles of Narnia - $12.48
Pirates of the Caribbean - $9.98
+ some sports games I flipped past

They had a lot of Wii titles, couple of PS3 titles (GH: Aerosmith for $25), lots of Elite Beat Agents for DS for $7, and 5 or 6 copies of a Spyro game for the Gamecube for $7.

The Framingham, MA Target has Gears of War (the original) for the 360 on clearance, for $19.98. It's the one with the bonus disc with Gears 2 previews, etc. When I picked one up there were about 5 left. Marlboro reportedly doesn't have any, and Westboro has them for more like $30.

I ended up picking up today from Best Buy for $5 each...

DS
Arkanoid
Bomberman Land 2
Nanostray 2

Xbox 360
Ballers Chosen One
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
Lost: Via Domus
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

Some of them got horrible ratings, but for $5 I will at least give them a try. I wish I had seen Battlefield: Bad Company for the price sharpedge. I would have easily bought it.

[quote name='Antic']I ended up picking up today from Best Buy for $5 each...

DS
Arkanoid
Bomberman Land 2
Nanostray 2

Xbox 360
Ballers Chosen One
Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit
Lost: Via Domus
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

Some of them got horrible ratings, but for $5 I will at least give them a try. I wish I had seen Battlefield: Bad Company for the price sharpedge. I would have easily bought it.[/quote]

Which Best Buy? Did they have any more copies of Kane & Lynch and Turning Point: Fall of Liberty?

Cheers

I just got a sears gc
Anything good at any local sears'? I read in the clearance thread they had LAIR for ps3 for $6 but it was YMMV

I miss the Gamestop buy 2 get 2nd game or item for free sale , did any 1 make it to that sale ?

I am in the Canton, Avon, Dorchester , Brockton area!

ODV out!

I'm down in Taunton and the used scene is terrible. The place in Middleboro has over-inflated prices. I'm not even sure they're still open. The Raynham Flea has a couple of stands but there's no deals to be had. They either have recent games at full price or older items at much higher prices than ebay. I think the main stand at the Flea is run by the same people from the Middleboro store. Short of driving to a Play n' Trade or a Game Crazy, you're out of luck. Also Craiglist is full of morons trying to get $120 for a phat PS2. I'm so jealous of some of the CAG's in other parts of the country.

RC

[quote name='bigdaddy']Walmarts close?!?![/quote]

But only to make themselves bigger and more powerful! :evil:

heh..They are adding a frozen foods section. So, they are closing for like 9 months or something. They are almost cleaned out and a lot of the stuff they are sending to different stores instead of putting on clearance.

I bought a used Wii, and all the discs are scratched. Does anyone know any disc-buffing place around Boston? I don't want to drive all the way to Game Crazy in Rhode Island.

thank you .

Andy

[quote name='HowStern']But only to make themselves bigger and more powerful! :evil:

heh..They are adding a frozen foods section. So, they are closing for like 9 months or something. They are almost cleaned out and a lot of the stuff they are sending to different stores instead of putting on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Ya, they did that to Raynham back in 2004. It's great now, I go grocery shopping there, mainly for stuff in grocery (not really meat/produce/deli/etc), it's way cheaper than even Market Basket.

Friday I saw a few games @ Best Buy near Solomon Pond Mall...There was College Hoops2k8 & Euro Soccer & some other shitty games for $10 for the ps3, and there was Tom Clancy Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 for $36.

Best Buy in Back Bay MASS had a lot of games marked at $7.49 Manager's special

The Simpsons (wii)
Nights
Jericho (360)
NFL Tour (36o)
Spiderman 3 (360)

Can't remember the rest, some decent stuff for the price. They also had buy 1 get one free with other games and PC games but I didn't get a good look at them.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Best Buy in Back Bay MASS had a lot of games marked at $7.49 Manager's special

The Simpsons (wii)
Nights
Jericho (360)
NFL Tour (36o)
Spiderman 3 (360)

Can't remember the rest, some decent stuff for the price. They also had buy 1 get one free with other games and PC games but I didn't get a good look at them.[/quote]

Does that refer to the one in North Attleboro?

Sorry, shoulda been more clear but I was rushing when I wrote that.

It's the Best Buy off Mass Ave and right next to the Hynes Convention Center train stop.

bread's done
Back