Massachusetts' Cheap Ass Gamers Topic!

Kidtrunks1128

CAG Veteran
I've noticed over my time here at the forum that one of the largest problems is trying to locate where the deals exist. I recently had a problem locating an existing deal in my area, Massachusetts. So I propose this topic is for Massachusets Cheap Ass Gamers who want to help and can request it here. Here we go!d by

So far I've found that the Circuit City in Natick has the really cheap prices. What I mean is I've bought both Breath of Fire V and Freaky Flyers for $7 each.

I've checked out the Circuit City in Braintree, and they too have Breath of Fire V for around $7, although I don't know what other deals they have.

Target in Westboro has some cheap titles, although their selection is dominated by newer releases. I was able to pick up Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $5.23.

I'm heading to the Marlboro Target tomorrow to see what they've got. I heard someone was able to purchase Arc the Lad for $5. If this is true, and I can find it, I'll be extatic.

For all the Cheap Ass Gamers in Massachusetts, let's give eachother a big hand. Thanks.

Anyway, to the moderators, if this topic doesn't belong here please move it.

Watertown Clearance rack used to be the bomb. Now even south bay is getting slim. Anyone want to buy a Dreamcast with a bunch of games/accessories? If you're interested I can PM a full list of stuff. I'd rather not sell it over the internets (craigslist).

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wonder if anyone has tried the flea markets in East Boston or Lynn. I have gone to the one in Revere (the Squire Rd. Showcase Cinemas) and found only overpriced crap and I'm going to guess the games had been there a long time since they were actually getting sun bleached.

I went to Newbury Comics in Shrewsbury the other day, and they had some great ps3 deals, and some good wii/360 deals too, but I mostly looked @ ps3.
I got Far Cry 2 for $20 and Battlefield:BC for $12. I was pretty stoked.:)

Some notable good deals (that I remember):
:ps3:Gran Turismo Prolouge $20
:ps3:NBA 2k7 $4 (old sports game, but any ps3 game for $4 is worth mentioning)
:ps3:MGS4 $25
:ps3:GH:Metallica 15% off (new, but I think it was a 1 day sale)
:ps3:Socom Confrontation w/ bt $30
:ps3:Oblivion $15 (new)

thats what I remember of it. fyi, the ps3 games are behind the register rather than in the video games section...but I will deff. be returning there for some good used ps3 deals.

[quote name='Dokstarr']I was wonder if anyone has tried the flea markets in East Boston or Lynn. I have gone to the one in Revere (the Squire Rd. Showcase Cinemas) and found only overpriced crap and I'm going to guess the games had been there a long time since they were actually getting sun bleached.[/QUOTE]

It's not quite Boston, but to save you the time, don't ever go to Raynham Flea. Overpriced junk.

Ugh...Who went to the Seekonk Best Buy today and stole my copy of DMC4? I went 15 minutes after it opened because I had to get a haircut and they were out of copies!! UGH!

Did you try price matching at Walmart around the corner? Thats how I ended up getting Pure. I needed the flyer from BB.

[quote name='colorado_wiz']I bought a used Wii, and all the discs are scratched. Does anyone know any disc-buffing place around Boston? I don't want to drive all the way to Game Crazy in Rhode Island.

thank you .

Andy[/quote]

Blockbuster will usually polish discs for $2.00

Here is my dilemma, my 360 Pro just died last night, got the replacement plan from BB but they are not getting any of the Elite GOTY bundles until May 17th!!!! I have a gift card with $370.00 approx on it just waiting to be spent on one of the new GOTY bundles but I hafta wait almost 3 weeks to get it! Damn, and the Gamestop at the Mall in Holyoke, MA has a bunch of these systems just waiting to be bought :bomb:....btw the GS website says that there are no Elite bundles within 100 miles of my Zip Code but I was just there and saw the bundles on sale myself so if anyone around here wants one tonight hit them up!

The blockbuster in bridgewater center is closing and they have a ton of dvds for like $2-$4.

Prices on games are a too high IMO.

[quote name='HowStern']The blockbuster in bridgewater center is closing and they have a ton of dvds for like $2-$4.

Prices on games are a too high IMO.[/quote]

Ah, I remember renting Genesis and Sega CD games from there when I was a kid. :)

They were a franchisee store, who never sold new games or did any of the awesome promos (Attleboro, Taunton, Mansfield and East Providence seem to be like this too), so good riddance...

Yeah I grew up there too. :) My mom still lives there. They really only had DVD's left. The only blu ray they had left was like larry the cable guy or something ludicrous.

The games were priced way too high. They wanted $25 for MLB08 the show used which was just $9.99 at best buy for that sale new.

I seem to remember renting SNES/N64 games from a place right up the street on 18 towards the center that ended up being D.P. Dough and now is some Italian place.

ah yeah I wanna say it was called called showplace or showtime or something. they went out of business shortly after BB opened up I remember.

when to BB last Sun In Seekonk,MA the FYE across the street from BB plaza closed down. but they did not have games section since 2 years or less and after that i have not been there.

[quote name='HowStern']ah yeah I wanna say it was called called showplace or showtime or something. they went out of business shortly after BB opened up I remember.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that was it.

[quote name='lordwow']Yep, that was it.[/quote]

I grew up in West Bridgewater and Raynham, so I'm around every now and then (I'm graduating from UMass Dartmouth in a couple weeks :O)

I liked that place more. I distinctly remember renting Vay, Phantasy Star II, and Shining in the Darkness from there. It's a pizza place now. IIRC the East Bridgewater one was way better. Shame how the East Bridgwater movie theater hasn't changed like, at ALL! I miss that restaurant that used to be next to it that was movie-themed.

Checked out the Bridgewater BB one today since I was in the area, games were B2G1 (as were most DVDs), picked up GOW2 (disc only), Pokemon Channel, and Eureka Seven Vol2 and some DVDs. The guy said all the ps2/xbox/gc stuff was $6.99. mostly crap, though. i imagine one of the taunton ones will be soon to go...

haha oh yeah I remember that restaurant! It had a chucky doll on one wall that both scared the crap out of me and made me want to steal it.

Would be cool if the hollywood videos went out of business they usually have a lot of stuff that bb doesn't.

The Blockbuster in North Attleboro is closing, B2G1 on all titles including videogames, prices range from 2.99 to 14.99.

just got 12 fairly new titles (including 3 blurays) for a lil over $60

ima rape it every weekend haha.

[quote name='hopeunknown']I grew up in West Bridgewater and Raynham, so I'm around every now and then (I'm graduating from UMass Dartmouth in a couple weeks :O)

I liked that place more. I distinctly remember renting Vay, Phantasy Star II, and Shining in the Darkness from there. It's a pizza place now. IIRC the East Bridgewater one was way better. Shame how the East Bridgwater movie theater hasn't changed like, at ALL! I miss that restaurant that used to be next to it that was movie-themed.
[/QUOTE]

I do recall the East Bridgewater place, as well as one in Raynham just off 44 by Friendly's.

[quote name='josiskrazy']The Blockbuster in North Attleboro is closing, B2G1 on all titles including videogames, prices range from 2.99 to 14.99.

just got 12 fairly new titles (including 3 blurays) for a lil over $60

ima rape it every weekend haha.[/QUOTE]

hmm, my guess is that mansfield, one of the east providence ones, and the 2 taunton locations will probably close soon then as well. attleboro and bridgewater were both franchisee stores and so are these ones. i'll keep an eye on the taunton stores.

i hit up the north attleboro closing blockbuster today and theres a decent amount of blu rays although not much for big name movies 90% are priced at 9.99 there are a ton of regular dvd movies too alot of new titles at decent prices also with b2g1 free i got 8 blu rays and 1 dvd for 50 plus tax

I swung by the North Attleboro Blockbuster last night, picked up 3 Blu-Rays (Milk, Stranger Than Fiction, Rocky Balboa) for $20. Also saw MGS4 (PS3) on sale for $24.99.

taunton best buy has ddr supernova ps2 bundles for $9.99 (there were two left) and a bunch of wii fit accessories (like bottles, wristbands, etc) real cheap. dartmouth has a bunch of the same stuff they had before on clearance still (it's in the section).

Haha, that guy from the Raynham flea market always posts ads on craigslist bragging about how "cheap" he is. Wonder how "cheap" he really is. Anyone check it out?

I was in the Back Bay BB yesterday and didn't see (much of anything) on clearance. Just a bunch of terrible 360 and DS games.

thank you!, i went to taunton Best Buy at the mall and they had 2 warhawk with ear piece for 30 bucks, eternal sonata for 14 bucks(ps3) and lego batman for 20 bucks (ps3), i also went to the brockton but i couldnt find a discount section for games...

I usually travel to new hampshire alot, there's also a 'video game exchange' up in plaistow new hampshire for all you retro lovers, I know the owner from years ago as he had a stand at a flea i frequently went to (almost every saturday) before they closed down. I live in the northern part of mass, anyway.

He uses an old copy of digital press for pricing, and has loads of atari 2600 stuff. Might have to go say hi and see if he remembers me.

http://www.vidgameexchange.com/

No CE deals at Watertown. Just the same sorry ass rack of Petz and Babiez gamez for ten bucks off. Booooooooo. To be fair, there were some crappy movie games on the rack as well.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I usually travel to new hampshire alot, there's also a 'video game exchange' up in plaistow new hampshire for all you retro lovers, I know the owner from years ago as he had a stand at a flea i frequently went to (almost every saturday) before they closed down. I live in the northern part of mass, anyway.

He uses an old copy of digital press for pricing, and has loads of atari 2600 stuff. Might have to go say hi and see if he remembers me.

http://www.vidgameexchange.com/[/QUOTE]

I used to live like ten minutes from there and went all the time. The owner could be kind of a dick but man did he come through on requests. I got every SNES game I could have wanted (Tactics Ogre, Mario RPG, Earthbound, FF6, Harvest Moon, etc.) from him for pretty damn cheap around the time of the PSX era when people were trading in stuff for bright new 3d graphics.

[quote name='xxaznxmattxx']thank you!, i went to taunton Best Buy at the mall and they had 2 warhawk with ear piece for 30 bucks, eternal sonata for 14 bucks(ps3) and lego batman for 20 bucks (ps3), i also went to the brockton but i couldnt find a discount section for games...[/QUOTE]

I'll have to stop by Taunton tomorrow for ES.

Seekonk and N. Dartmouth often have manager markdown stuff too. Brockton usually doesn't, as far as I've experienced.

i wanna get in on the target buy 2 get 1 free deal for PS3 games, but I don't have 3 games that I want to buy.

any cags in the area wanna get together and buy 1-2 games with me? all i want is infamous. i can do the target in everett, watertown or south bay boston.

price comes out to $42 a game after tax...assuming we get 3 games for $59.99

thanks.

I was in Watertown and actually found the CE deals...not very good though. One section is in the middle of the cd/dvd area, the other near the registers. It was basically 30% off the sticker price of various games. They had Xbox 360 Saint's Row 2s for $50, Madden 09 CE for $30, BIA HH for $50, Fallout 3 for $60 (not 100% sure about this), Quantum of Solace for $60, and a couple others. Mostly 360, I only remember PS3 for some of the weaker deals.

Braintree Best Buy had a silver Eyetoy for $5.99 and a bunch of Boogie bundles for $9.99, as well as a bunch of the GH 3rd party guitars by React, etc. on clearance.

Also just thought I'd put this here as a convenience, but the following Blockbusters are franchisee stores and don't get the POG/game deals: Weymouth rt 18, Abington, Taunton 138, Taunton 44, East Providence (I don't remember which one, but it was a standalone and not in a plaza), Mansfield.

Taunton Best Buy had no more Eternal Sonata PS3s, several of those Warhawk bundles for $19.99 or $24.99 (they were the same, but some stickered differently), Final Fantasy Chocobo's dungeon or something for Wii for $14.99, Valkyria Chronicles for $24.99, DDR Supernova bundle PS2 for $9.99, Space Chimps 360 for $4.99, some Naruto PS2 3 pack for $9.99, some Dragon Ball Z 3 pack for $9.99 PS2, Naruto Path of Ninja 2 for $13.99, Blitz the League 2 for $9.99, DDR X for PS2 game only for $13.99, Lost in Blue wii for $14.99, Build a Bear Wii $9.99, Final Fantasy Tactics PSP $9.99, Mercenaries 2 PS3 $9.99, and a bunch of other things, but those are the only ones I remember offhand.

So for Best Buys I know of that have manager's sales: Seekonk, Taunton, and North Dartmouth (all Bristol county stores?). It's mostly the stores with smaller video game sections. It might be YMMV if trying to pricematch though, as they all seem to set their own price.

Westboro Target (on Rt 9) has about 3-4 copies of Farcry 2 (360) for $9.98 left. I found them at the bottom of $20 game endcap with the other $20 360 games.

^nice thanks! i'll swing by and try my luck :)

edit: Swung by today and had them PM tru's giftcard for ghostbusters so I grabbed both Valkyria chronicles and ghostbusters for a total OF $68 :) awesome deal thanks hope

if anyone wants it, i saw 5 copies of prince of persia for the 360 stickered for 29.98 but they ring up as either 14.99 or 19.99 (i bought pop and banjo kazooie at the same time and the titles are not listed on the reciept) did anyone see any copies of need for speed undercover or mk vs dc at target on clearance? (oh forgot to mention the pop is behind the glass case on the bottom near the xbox 360 consoles)

50% rack in front of store in Worcester Best Buy. Noteworthy mentions are Madden 09 CE & End War at 44.99 after mark down. Brothers in Arms CE was there but no price. Animal Crossing w/ Mic. 360 Alone in the dark, Jerrico. PS2 titles as well.

[quote name='xxaznxmattxx']if anyone wants it, i saw 5 copies of prince of persia for the 360 stickered for 29.98 but they ring up as either 14.99 or 19.99 (i bought pop and banjo kazooie at the same time and the titles are not listed on the reciept) did anyone see any copies of need for speed undercover or mk vs dc at target on clearance? (oh forgot to mention the pop is behind the glass case on the bottom near the xbox 360 consoles)[/QUOTE]

yes i did saw one copy of 360 mk vs dc for about $30.00 last Sunday at target in Dartmouth in the clearance part. when they marked them down to $30.00 the other week they was none in the case.

[quote name='xxaznxmattxx']if anyone wants it, i saw 5 copies of prince of persia for the 360 stickered for 29.98 but they ring up as either 14.99 or 19.99 (i bought pop and banjo kazooie at the same time and the titles are not listed on the reciept) did anyone see any copies of need for speed undercover or mk vs dc at target on clearance? (oh forgot to mention the pop is behind the glass case on the bottom near the xbox 360 consoles)[/QUOTE]

Which target?

Best Buy in Seekonk had more 40% off clearance games, mostly what Taunton had (Valkyria, Brothers in Arms Hell's highway CE, Resistance II CE i think, Legendary, Pure, uhhh and some others. But a lot. they're all in the center aisle bin.

Also Brockton FYE at Westgate Mall has 75% off all new GBA/Xbox/GC. They have quite a bit of GBA/Xbox, nothing super notable, but worth a look. Not sure if other stores in the area have moved from 50% to 75% yet.

Oh, and Swansea TRU has several copies of Advance Wars DoR, Bangai-O Spirits, Singstar Vol 2 standalone, and a few of the PS2 buzz bundles. No Singstar bundles or Buzz tv left, though.

bread's done
Back