Massachusetts' Cheap Ass Gamers Topic!

Kidtrunks1128

CAG Veteran
I've noticed over my time here at the forum that one of the largest problems is trying to locate where the deals exist. I recently had a problem locating an existing deal in my area, Massachusetts. So I propose this topic is for Massachusets Cheap Ass Gamers who want to help and can request it here. Here we go!d by

So far I've found that the Circuit City in Natick has the really cheap prices. What I mean is I've bought both Breath of Fire V and Freaky Flyers for $7 each.

I've checked out the Circuit City in Braintree, and they too have Breath of Fire V for around $7, although I don't know what other deals they have.

Target in Westboro has some cheap titles, although their selection is dominated by newer releases. I was able to pick up Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $5.23.

I'm heading to the Marlboro Target tomorrow to see what they've got. I heard someone was able to purchase Arc the Lad for $5. If this is true, and I can find it, I'll be extatic.

For all the Cheap Ass Gamers in Massachusetts, let's give eachother a big hand. Thanks.

Anyway, to the moderators, if this topic doesn't belong here please move it.

[quote name='jimijumper']I'm going to Amazon.com...[/QUOTE]

I was sort of expecting that for a response...I'm pretty much the same. If the B&M sales are good I'll probably head to Braintree, which now has a Target, Kmart, Best Buy, Staples, multiple Gamestops, South Shore Plaza, etc.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Seems like theres not too many CAG's from MA. Anyone from Central MA or is it mostly out by Boston and eastern MA?[/QUOTE]

I live in the south shore area, so mostly eastern boston but work up north in the woburn/reading area.

[quote name='shivan128']I live in the south shore area, so mostly eastern boston but work up north in the woburn/reading area.[/QUOTE]

ahh - my direct competition! I work in the wakefield/reading area.

good luck, sir!

Oh so you all come out of the woodwork now :).

I'm in Canton and generally shop around Braintree, Dedham, Brockton, Framingham, and Watertown areas...

BTW there will soon be 4 Gamestops in Braintree...ridiculous ain't it?

I live in the Metrowest area (Natick/Framingham).

Still waiting for a used videogame sale to pop up at Newburry Comics. They have them every once in a while.

Looking for boston area CAGs to help me out - Our school is running a bus down there next weekend and dropping us off at the aquarium. I'm trying to get to fenway for the game that day and was just curious as to how much a cab would be. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Looking for boston area CAGs to help me out - Our school is running a bus down there next weekend and dropping us off at the aquarium. I'm trying to get to fenway for the game that day and was just curious as to how much a cab would be. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE]

It'll likely cost about $20. It also depends on traffic/route.

Have you considered taking the T (subway)? It's super easy since you are being dropped off at the Aquarium. The Blue Line is right there, and you get to Government Center stop. Transfer over to the Green Line (no extra cost) and hop on the C or B and get off at Kenmore Station. If it's a Sox game, just follow the hordes of people all heading the same way. That is actually a better way to experience it. Total cost = $2 one way. You can also buy an all day pass for $9 and travel all you want.

http://www.mbta.com/rider_tools/trip_planner/

Plug in Aquarium Station as the start, and Kenmore Station as the end -- along with the time.

[quote name='caedeskhan']Hopefully the Bruins close things out tomorrow...[/QUOTE]
Tell me about it. I really really thought they were at least going to tie it up there at the end yesterday with how strong they were playing in the last few minutes. Alas.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I got a seemingly brand new "refurb" 80 gig PS3 at Microcenter for $116 including tax![/QUOTE]

Nice deal...I thought it would have sold out by now. I recently scored two like-new Xbox 360 arcades at that same Microcenter for $30 each.

[quote name='caedeskhan']Nice deal...I thought it would have sold out by now. I recently scored two like-new Xbox 360 arcades at that same Microcenter for $30 each.[/QUOTE]

....wait they had refurbed Xbox 360s for $30?!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']....wait they had refurbed Xbox 360s for $30?![/QUOTE]

Yes. I was just browsing the site a few weeks back and saw 2 arcades on clearance. Got in-store pickup and was told they were basically customer returns returned from MSFT. They are like new and were made in 09 and 10, so I'm not as worried about the RROD.

Also got an i7 960 for $200, which is a pretty good price considering I then sold my two year old i7 920 for $185 net.

The thing is that Microcenter used to do weekly gaming deals but they've stopped it for several months now. They went into effect Friday mornings and usually there were games and accessories on clearance if you checked thier website. I scored a 360 LCD screen for $2, marked down from $200.

Massachusetts kind of jumped out at me as i was browsing the titles of the threads, I would just like to take a couple mins to say I hope and PRAY none of our fellow CAG'S were affected by those tornado's the other day. God Bless You.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The thing is that Microcenter used to do weekly gaming deals but they've stopped it for several months now. They went into effect Friday mornings and usually there were games and accessories on clearance if you checked thier website. I scored a 360 LCD screen for $2, marked down from $200.[/QUOTE]

Huh. I know microcenter used to have really good deals when the game section launched, but the inventory sorta blows.

There are also a lot of SD'ers that check out the Microcenter, so I'll only head up there if I need a Trader Joes order anyways or if I can reserve an item.

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']Massachusetts kind of jumped out at me as i was browsing the titles of the threads, I would just like to take a couple mins to say I hope and PRAY none of our fellow CAG'S were affected by those tornado's the other day. God Bless You.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it was pretty scary in Boston but nothing really bad happened there. It was much worse in other parts of the state.

Congrats to the Bruins for an amazing post season....every round was epic (Yes even Philly) and it is very well deserved. So any of you going to the parade?

If anyone's looking for target clearance items, let me know and maybe we can set up trades. Or if you're looking to buy straight up, let me know what you're looking for. I only ask a few bucks (and tax) more than what i can find it for (for gas).

Best Buy at Back Bay Boston and Wareham MA are closing as of May 12. I stopped by the Back Bay location this week and the majority of games (inlcuding new releases like Witcher 2) are 10-20% off. Not sure what sort of better deals are coming, but I'll be visiting the store frequently to keep sales updated.

If anyone is looking for ME3 collectors edition, the Best Buy in Marlborough MA has a PC one and a PS3 one out on the floor. No 360 though. They also have a copy of the Witcher 2: Dark Edition but it was all fucked up with the spider wrap.

Anyone dying to get a hold of Mortal Kombat for the Vita before the release should head over to Best Buy on route 9 in Framingham, MA. I was just there and the had a few copies out on the floor. Someone messed up I guess, cause I'm pretty sure 5/1 is the release date.

This is a week or so old, but I just discovered this thread (and laughed when I saw the OP was from 2004). Anyway, the Newbury Comics in Attleboro, MA is moving to the Emerald Square mall, so they are clearing out a lot of stock. I haven't checked it out myself yet, but the promo is 50% of all toys and games (I think this might only be board games, but I'm not entirely sure), and 20% off everything else. Either way, at least 20% off is pretty decent, and most stores usually have a good selection.

hey I'm new to the area (live right around Boston) and was looking for places with retro (psx and earlier) games. Anyone have suggestions?

Is ther place locally in MA where I can sell or trade my old retro systems. I have no more for any more consoles. All I use is my XBOX and PS3 and recently got a WiiU Basic which is still in the box.

I'd be interested in an SNES myself.

For places to sell games though, in Salem NH there's a relatively new store called Core Gaming, they take in all kinds of stuff and they're pretty good with pricing. They have a Facebook page so you can post on their wall and they may be able to ball park what some stuff is worth.

I have a Nes toploader,Bandi Wonderswan,Atari Lynx ][,Amiga CD32, Goldstar 3DO, Jaguar,Dreamcast, Sega Master System,N64 and a few other misc items.

The Best Buy in Everett, MA is offering an additional 50% off all clearance games. There are naturally a lot of Guitar/DJ Hero's and such, but there were some good titles, too: personally picked up Child of Eden for $8.99 on PS3 and Samurai Warriors Chronicles for $4.99 on 3DS. Might be worth a look if anyone's near that area.

Deval is also trying to push a federal internet tax for all of the USA for all online sales. How greedy can they be?!? It is our fault it's so much cheaper online that going into a crappy over priced best buy!!!!

I'm looking to sell my old school video game systems. Are there any stores that will give me good prices for my systems?

[quote name='jman2avatar']I'm looking to sell my old school video game systems. Are there any stores that will give me good prices for my systems?[/QUOTE]

Check my previous post on this page.

That's Entertainment in Worcester and I believe there's one in Fitchburg sells and buys old school games. One of my favorite stores. They offer more if you take store credit though, worth checking out.

bread's done
Back