Massachusetts EB Games robbed....theives steal games, cash & security camera!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Video games stolen in Thursday night robbery
By Kate Sullivan Foley/ Correspondent
Friday, May 6, 2005

Shortly before the popular video game store was scheduled to close last Thursday night, EB Games was robbed by two men, one wielding a black automatic pistol. The store is located at 1334 Park St. in RK Plaza.

The suspects not only made off with 18-20 video games and an undetermined amount of cash, they also stole the security camera on their way out the door, according to Stoughton Police Detective Sgt. Bob Welch.
http://www2.townonline.com/stoughton/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=241610

if you rob a video game store, why only steal a few games?

I remember a local gamestore near me got robbed like 10 years ago when I lived in Grand Prairie. They took a van, backed it through the glass, and stole just about everything

That sucks. Atleast nothing happened to the employees. I remember a story from a few years ago where some Gamestop clerks were killed during a robbery.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']if you rob a video game store, why only steal a few games?

I remember a local gamestore near me got robbed like 10 years ago when I lived in Grand Prairie. They took a van, backed it through the glass, and stole just about everything[/QUOTE]

:lol: Same exact thing happened to a north Arlington store about 2 years ago. Perhaps it was the same guys. (the one Casey is mentioning here occurred just a few miles from the one I mentioned)

The GameStops around here get robbed all the time. In the last 3 years or so at this company, I can think of at least a dozen robberies, 4 or 5 at my old store alone. I've only been present for one, and I didn't even know it happened (I was in the back eating lunch :lol: ).

[quote name='rodeojones903']That sucks. Atleast nothing happened to the employees. I remember a story from a few years ago where some Gamestop clerks were killed during a robbery.[/QUOTE]

The latest one to occur at my store ended with my assistant manager going to the hospital for a broken leg and a dislocated hip. He won't walk for 6 months to a year. :cry:

[quote name='Ledhed']:lol: Same exact thing happened to a north Arlington store about 2 years ago. Perhaps it was the same guys. (the one Casey is mentioning here occurred just a few miles from the one I mentioned)

The GameStops around here get robbed all the time. In the last 3 years or so at this company, I can think of at least a dozen robberies, 4 or 5 at my old store alone. I've only been present for one, and I didn't even know it happened (I was in the back eating lunch :lol: ).[/QUOTE]

It pissed me off because the guy who owned the store ended up moving, which meant I had to bum a ride off my mom to rent a game (when I was a kid, if I got an A on my spelling test, my mom would rent me a game). People who rob shit from others really piss me off.

and what part of Arlington are you in? If I was to guess one of the stores that gets robbed a lot, I would guess the one off of Collins

[quote name='CaseyRyback']and what part of Arlington are you in? If I was to guess one of the stores that gets robbed a lot, I would guess the one off of Collins[/QUOTE]

The one off of Collins and I-30 is the one I mentioned above. I used to work at the Cooper and Mayfield store near I-20, which was easily the most often robbed store in the district at the time. Now, I work at a relatively new one at Arkansas and 360. Though in the store's relatively short 2-year tenure, it's already been armed-robbed twice.

When I worked at Babbage's about ten years ago, my assistant manager was working alone and got heldup at gunpoint by a single guy. They basically just tied him up and took the cash. Luckily I wasn't working that day! At that time, the cheapass bastards at corporate didn't even have a security camera in the store but that changed real fast!

bread's done
Back