Master Chief vs Samus (AWESOME Fan-made mini-movie Haloid)

Saw this earlier as it was linked all over today. Heavy on the fan service, but really impressive considering it was mainly one guy...

first fight seen with masterchief was awesome...then it slowly became more and more screwed up...the guy who made it is good at the animations, but clearly an idiot lol

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']These video game character VS battles are so stupid and childish. These are the types of things 6th grade kids argue over at lunch time.[/QUOTE]

Same. It reminds me of the part from "Billy Madison". Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis is the Best Game Ever! I disagree, while Mortal Kombat is a very good game, Donkey Kong is better. Donkey Sucks! ...... YOU SUCK! ( I'm off on some parts, I know :) )

[quote name='pimpinc333']Same. It reminds me of the part from "Billy Madison". Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis is the Best Game Ever! I disagree, while Mortal Kombat is a very good game, Donkey Kong is better. Donkey Sucks! ...... YOU SUCK! ( I'm off on some parts, I know :) )[/quote]I MADE EM' EXTRA SLOPPY FOR YA!

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I MADE EM' EXTRA SLOPPY FOR YA![/quote]
Didn't know you like the sloppy joes. I thought you were a little ceasers fan :lol:

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I MADE EM' EXTRA SLOPPY FOR YA![/quote]

I think she actually says 'HOW AAABOUT SUMMOREEE SH-LOPPAYY JOEEESSS I MADE 'EM EXTRA SH-LOOOPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYY HAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA'.. nevermind.

[quote name='CappyCobra']Didn't know you like the sloppy joes. I thought you were a little ceasers fan :lol:[/quote]Yes, I also like a Manwich from time to time...............................I also like Sloppy Joes.

Well...it's obvious the guy who made it has some pretty good skills, but I found it to be....stupid.

I would have been embarrassed to watch it if someone else was around.

[quote name='gunm']Saw this earlier as it was linked all over today. Heavy on the fan service, but really impressive considering it was mainly one guy...[/QUOTE]

same exact thing with me, so I have nothing to say.... other than too much fan service kills stuff for me.

technically impressive and no doubt will be a very good thing for that student to have in his portfolio, if he is wanting to be an animator someday. I'm jealous.

I would have liked it more if, as a few pointed out, the fight scenes weren't lifted straight from the Matrix movies, and that lame-ass fanservice ending.

To the guy's credit, though, he's got some skills to put that together all by himself.

It was pretty impressive to begin with, even without the fact that one person did the entire thing single-handly. Sadly, that ending bring the whole thing down.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I would have liked it more if, as a few pointed out, the fight scenes weren't lifted straight from the Matrix movies, and that lame-ass fanservice ending.

To the guy's credit, though, he's got some skills to put that together all by himself.[/quote]

That's pretty much how I felt too.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Matrix anyone? Wow Fight Scenes look like they were taking directly out of the Matrix Movies.[/quote]

You solved the mystery Nancy Drew. :D

I saw this a day or two ago... and as a lot of you have mentioned, the ending completely ruined it from being one of the greatest fan made videos ever.

He could have picked to characters that people actually cared about to make a fan video of.

Like Blinx VS Bubsy.

THATS a fight I'd like to see :D

[quote name='captmurphy']The first third was pretty cool, after that, meh. Spartans aren't lesbians.[/quote]
How many Spartans do you know in real life?

[quote name='Kendal']How many Spartans do you know in real life?[/QUOTE]

Plus, wasn't there a female Spartan in DoA4? I didn't see any indication that the Spartan in the video was Master Chief (or maybe I'm blind) though the guy says she (he? it?) is supposed to be.

Mmm... a little too "ZOMG, then Master Shief totally THROWS A WARTHOG AND CATCHES A LASER BLAST LIKE DARTH VADER AND LIKE, LOOKS AT A ROCKET AND IT JUST EXPLODES!" Reminds me too much of Snake jumping off a moving rocket, if you catch my drift.

Quite amazing for a one person team, especially since I've been delving into modeling '/ texturing / animation lately.
Models and animations were great, seemed like they were ripped from the games, though there were a few minor flaws in the elites and warthog.
Textures were amazing...until Samus appeared. Samus's suit looked waay too much like plastic, which is a relatively easy fix of just tinkering of options.
Animation was great, shotgun kata was amazing, though more original stuff (No DMC reference yet?) would have been nice.

Ending killed my inner child though.

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']Quite amazing for a one person team, especially since I've been delving into modeling '/ texturing / animation lately.
Models and animations were great, seemed like they were ripped from the games, though there were a few minor flaws in the elites and warthog.
Textures were amazing...until Samus appeared. Samus's suit looked waay too much like plastic, which is a relatively easy fix of just tinkering of options.
Animation was great, shotgun kata was amazing, though more original stuff (No DMC reference yet?) would have been nice.
[/QUOTE]
Guess I'll bring up the DMC reference.

When "Master Chief" was riding on one of the enemies and shooting.

Correction to my aforementioned statement.

After reading the writing about this piece (from Monty Oum himself) it appears that he extracted all the Halo 2 models from the game itself. So ignore 89.9% of my kudos in the modeling and texturing departments.

That was pretty cool. However, I thought all the conditioning for the suit and living in it for years was supposed to leave the physical body all fucked up looking.

Definitely some nice animation in there, but it probably would have been better off without all that matrix stuff in there. A lot of those animations were so out of character it belonged in an anime.

[quote name='trunks982']i love the ending though. the guy predicted that master chief is .... u know what. it will be revealed in halo 3.[/QUOTE]

And how's that, considering everyone refers to him as a man, not to mention his deep & gruff voice. It was the spartan from DOA4.

[quote name='trunks982']i love the ending though. the guy predicted that master chief is .... u know what. it will be revealed in halo 3.[/quote]

Gay? A zombie? A gay zombie?

[quote name='-Never4ever-']And how's that, considering everyone refers to him as a man, not to mention his deep & gruff voice. It was the spartan from DOA4.[/quote]

And all of the lore! Oh MY!

Master Chief is definitely male. However, there are quite a few female spartans. Plus, if you look at the artwork on this guy's deviant art site, you'll see the number "458" on the Spartan's uniform (the underclothing, not the MJOLNIR armor). Pretty sure that's the # of the spartan in DOA4. So, no, Halo3 will not reveal MC as a woman, or a zombie, or a gay woman zombie, or a cross dresser who sidelines as a gay woman zombie. It just won't happen.

So, I'm quite obviously a HUGE Halo fan, but I think most of everyone commenting on the quality or "who should've won" missed the point of the video. It's just for fun! If you can't appreciate that...well, I don't want to start any flame wars, but you should just appreciate the work for what it is, IMO.

I personally thought the whole thing was hilarious, even with the blatant Matrix fight scenes. Hell, he used the same music from the Matrix soundtrack! You can't tell me you think that wasn't intentional. At least, not with a straight face.

bread's done
Back