Mastering Soul Calibur 2!

aboveaveragewes

CAGiversary!
Hey, people. I'm a Soul Calibur novice, I had it on DC but didn't play it much. I was wondering if any of you could refer me to some strategy guide or site for combos so I could atleast put up a fight against my friend whenever he visits.

I beat the game 100% and got the special screen and all, but still when a friend comes over who has never even played he still has a good chance at beating me. It's wierd. Talim and Kilik are my two characters. Look on gamefaqs for strategies.

Why don't you just use the damn practice mode where it lists all the commands in the start menu? Hell if you select the move it will even show you a demonstration of the move so you know if you are getting it right.

If all that doesn't work for you go to www.gamefaqs.com and look there.

What is wrong with people not even attempting to help themselves and just coming to this site to avoid thinking?

[quote name='coolcps']I beat the game 100% and got the special screen and all, but still when a friend comes over who has never even played he still has a good chance at beating me. It's wierd. Talim and Kilik are my two characters. Look on gamefaqs for strategies.[/quote]

As kristianator said the game is a button mashing fest so that isn't so weird , but then I realized this on the dreamcast version when my 4 year old nephew actually stood a decent chance of beating me at random from simply mashing very fast :lol:

well you can beat thte game and unlock lots of stuff by just mashing. But if you actually play against someone that is good, mashing will not help you at all. From what I understand the cpu IA for this game isn't that great, since it can be so easily beat by mashing. However it is possible to get so good that no button masher will beat you.

[quote name='eros']What is wrong with people not even attempting to help themselves and just coming to this site to avoid thinking?[/quote]

Yeah, really, what's wrong with that?

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='eros']What is wrong with people not even attempting to help themselves and just coming to this site to avoid thinking?[/quote]

Yeah, really, what's wrong with that?[/quote]

I concur, thought is overrated. The next unneccessary function to eliminate is breathing. Think of all the crap in the air that gets into your lungs that way! :wink:

Link is fun. I've gone ungoldy far into the game by just tossing people out of the ring, and doing no other move than throw.

[quote name='eros']Why don't you just use the damn practice mode where it lists all the commands in the start menu? Hell if you select the move it will even show you a demonstration of the move so you know if you are getting it right.

What is wrong with people not even attempting to help themselves and just coming to this site to avoid thinking?[/quote]

I guess we won't be hearing back from you.... ever. HA HA HA.

For anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about, go read the "discuss the deal" on the PS2 memory card on the front page.

I suggest you read it. It's a good laugh.

[quote name='JSweeney']Link is fun. I've gone ungoldy far into the game by just tossing people out of the ring, and doing no other move than throw.[/quote]

I like the jumping downward stab, because every once in a while, I'll be stabbing the guy in the head repeatedly... and fall off the edge of the stage. Mortifyingly entertaining, considering how cheap it is to keep bouncing off the opponent's head ad infinitum.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='eros']Why don't you just use the damn practice mode where it lists all the commands in the start menu? Hell if you select the move it will even show you a demonstration of the move so you know if you are getting it right.

What is wrong with people not even attempting to help themselves and just coming to this site to avoid thinking?[/quote]

For anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about, go read the "discuss the deal" on the PS2 memory card on the front page.

I suggest you read it. It's a good laugh.[/quote]

:D Hey what do you know it was a good laugh

[quote name='coolsteel'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='eros']Why don't you just use the damn practice mode where it lists all the commands in the start menu? Hell if you select the move it will even show you a demonstration of the move so you know if you are getting it right.

I suggest you read it. It's a good laugh.[/quote]

:D Hey what do you know it was a good laugh[/quote]

That is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Oh Cheapy, you crack me up.

Just so everyone knows I did try practice mode before I posted and even tried GameFAQs, I was just looking for advice from someone who has mastered it. Thanks for the help, I'll check out the Soul Calibur site.

I was going rant to eros, but that doesn't even matter anymore :lol:

I'm just tired of people like eros who'll try to bully me on message boards just because he has a higher post count than I do and talk (or rather type) down to me with no respect.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the info.

IT'S NOT A BUTTON MASHER!!! :evil:
[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='Dr Mario Kart']guess none of you guys are hardcore soul calibur players. What you want are the forums at www.soulcalibur.com

Its a button mashing game until you learn how to play it.[/quote]

Agreed.[/quote]
Me too. Check out the Soul Arenas. You might have a little trouble with the notation, since there's 50 thousand abbreviations for everything. To start off, numbers means directions. Look at your numpad for what direction it is.

If the forums are too confusing, you could ask me stuff.

bread's done
Back