Matrix Online PC -1 penny at BB B&M.. (YMMV)

EB pennied it out months ago. Sold like crap. I picked it up.. just 'cause. Never tried it out, though. Heard it was awful.

they did not shut down the servers, sony still advertises it and sells it with the new bundle they just made with EQ2, SW:G, planetside, and a couple more, i forget. but its 30 bucks a month for a pass for all those games.

[quote name='projecteightysix']they did not shut down the servers, sony still advertises it and sells it with the new bundle they just made with EQ2, SW:G, planetside, and a couple more, i forget. but its 30 bucks a month for a pass for all those games.[/QUOTE]

should only be 21.95 a month for the sony pass. well it was last month I paid.

Its crap. I never understood the combat on it.

I'm not at all interested in the game (MATRIX SUXXXX), but I read that they didn't shut down all the servers...just most. I read that there used to be 9 "worlds", but they had to cut it down to 3 to get the population density to a reasonable level...and it's still sparse.

The game was a bonafide disaster.

i still have one sitting on my tradelist...it even comes w/a free month of gameplay. i never tried the game out because i'm stuck on sloooooow 56k

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I'm not at all interested in the game (MATRIX SUXXXX), but I read that they didn't shut down all the servers...just most. I read that there used to be 9 "worlds", but they had to cut it down to 3 to get the population density to a reasonable level...and it's still sparse.

The game was a bonafide disaster.[/QUOTE]

my bad, I heard that they did shut down all the servers. Either way like you said the game did quite poorly.

It seemed to just miss the "boom period" of MMORPG's....

Still have my penny version from EB unopened, never bothered to try it out.

As a side-note, I had a few of the other older SoE titles that weren't shown on the BB website anymore scanned to see if anything else had dropped, but everything other than Matrix Online came up at full price. (Mostly just tried some of the older star wars releases and planetside along with its expansion)

The 60-day game card for Matrix Online is still full-price as well.

That being said, $0.01 for a copy of a game that hasn't done well that I may never play is still a good deal? I guess?

The only cool thing about the Matrix Online when it came out was that there were actually events happening in the game that kept the Matrix story going. When Sony acquired it, they got rid of these.

They were handing out free copies at the G.A.M.E. convention here in San Francisco several months ago.. I didn't really play it, so I just gave it away as a gift.

bread's done
Back