Matrix Trilogy - $23 /Ultimate Bourne Trilogy $25 [Blu-Ray Region Free] @ Amazon UK

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
NOTE: Price on cart will be lower than whats shown on the main page. Use this site for currency conversion: http://www.xe.com/

61MWbQ03UVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

Credit goes to SlickDeals.net

-----------------

Add The Animatrix for another ~$10:

515tk%2BqErOL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Animatrix-B...=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1264748320&sr=8-16

------------

You can also add the Bourne Trilogy for ~$25 to save on shipping:

514Jn-AKBAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Bo...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1264748320&sr=8-2

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this over there a bit ago. ive been wanting to pick this up for a bit but just cant manage to pull the trigger on it.

14.13 Pounds Sterling SHIPPED (11.08 + 3.05) for me...that's converting to just a hair under $23 ($22.95).

Awesome deal LinkinPrime, thanks!

So tempting to get this. Mine is coming in at 23.75 for shipping to Texas. Are these the same as the american versions or is their some differences?

So no differences as far as the transfer?

Also, can I use my US account to order from the UK site? I've never ordered from anything but Amazon US.

[quote name='genfuyung']So no differences as far as the transfer?

Also, can I use my US account to order from the UK site? I've never ordered from anything but Amazon US.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just logged in using my regular amazon account, it had me select where I wanted it shipped to from my list o' addresses, payment choice, it was easy peasy.

Seems like I cant use my amazon credit on the Uk site. That kills the deal for me unfortunately :(

Has anyone had any success using US credit before on amazon.co.uk?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well pulled the trigger and ordered it came out to $23.65 not to bad really. Thanks OP

Got Matrix along with Red Cliff (which is cheap and includes part 1 and 2, the US one to be released next month is basically the same but 4 mins shorter.)

What is Animatrix and what is the diffrence between Regular Blu-ray and Blu-ray with Animatrix ...

Thanks in advance..

[quote name='au7oma7ic']looking at it, I think bourne went up to 30 bucks...using the converter with british pounds at least[/QUOTE]

The price will change once you have it in your shopping basket and are checking out, it's still 15.30 pounds once in the shopping basket.

Everything seems to get cheaper once it is added to the shopping cart and is updated.....

Shawshank and Leon the Professional would be good buys if they were regoin free...Godfather Trilogy, Blade Runner Final Cut (2 disc), and potentially Band of Brothers (if regoin free, didnt check) are also really good deals for anyone interested.

oh god, im an idiot, i read that too in teh first post...oh well, I have gotten no sleep for the past 5 years of my life, and tonight was an all nighter

[quote name='au7oma7ic']oh god, im an idiot, i read that too in teh first post...oh well, I have gotten no sleep for the past 5 years of my life, and tonight was an all nighter[/QUOTE]

I know that feeling all to well.

I think Red Cliff deserves it's own thread since it's so epic and it'll be cheaper than the American version that's about to be released sans 4 mins.

The Bourne Collection lists it as region 2, so would it work over here? or is it really region free and they just messed up?

[quote name='MrDubbs']The Bourne Collection lists it as region 2, so would it work over here? or is it really region free and they just messed up?[/QUOTE]

It's regoin free and they messed up. You can search through google and pull up a bunch of websites who have tested it.

Don't forget all, the Playstation 3 is region free.

Also, picked up

Red Cliff Blu (just like everyone, I have been itching to see this bad boy)
IP Man DVD (the blu was just so expensive)
The Good the Bad and the Weird Blu (saw some talk about it on the Park Chan Wook Best Buy thread so I grabbed it)
Empress & The Warrior Blu (the trailer just looked so good)

$55 in all, not a 'door buster' per say, but still pretty good.

Yeah a lot of the Chinese/HK epics are pretty damn cheap along with a hell of a lot of other things. I wonder if the prices are dropping for us in the US due to some tax for UK only being deducted.

Here's Red Cliff. I'm going to step through and see what else I can spot that might be a tasty deal and Region Free.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cliff-Speci...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1264777900&sr=8-1

Three Kingdoms, Ichi, Warlords, The Myth, The Empress and the Warrior all either 6.98 or 7.98 GBPs (didn't check for region)

Ocean's Trilogy (Ocean's 11, 12, & 13) is 14.98 GBPs, but I don't know if it's region free - I'm just checking by price for anything that catches my eye.

Flags of our Fathers/Letters from Iow Jima 14.98 GBP

300 is 9.98 GBP, may drop even less at checkout.

Been really wanting to see the Matrix trilogy again and so I picked this up as well as Red Cliff (special edition). I saw a trailer a while back for the later and completely forgot how awesome it looked. Can't wait to see it.

And I got both for only $39.52 USD! Thanks, OP!

[quote name='vx2']hold that thought au7!

The PS3 is region free on games only. Movies aren't. Better double check.[/QUOTE]

Can any PS3 owners confirm? Several months ago I bought a Blu from the UK which was supposed to be region free and my PS3 gave me a wonderful message saying that it could not be played because it was in "PAL format"...

I don't know for sure, but Region 1 vs. Region 2 is not the same thing as NTSC vs. PAL. Something can be PAL and region 3. But I thought PAL and Blu-Ray were unrelated.

Yeah, VX2 is right. The PS3 will play games from any region, but not Blu-Rays. However, most Blu-Rays don't have a region lock, so it isn't a big issue. Use the link I posted in my post to check if a Blu-Ray is region free or not.

I'll probably end up grabbing the Bourne set, but damn I hate those fat UK cases. I know, small complaint when considering how much I'll be saving, but still.

So I have never ordered international. So is it as simple as signing into my amazon prime account and putting them into the "basket" then paying with your normal payment option? Or do I need to convert money or something?

I bought the Bourne set from Amazon UK a few weeks ago and they play fine in a US PS3.

Great deals on Matrix, Ocean's, and Band of Brothers too. The Band of Brothers set is on 1-3 month back order though.

[quote name='broadbandit']So I have never ordered international. So is it as simple as signing into my amazon prime account and putting them into the "basket" then paying with your normal payment option? Or do I need to convert money or something?[/QUOTE]
You can turn a currency converter on after you sign in with a US account. Cant use US amazon credit though. Which sucks.

Mission Impossible Trilogy is also listed at 14.98 pounds but will prob be cheaper when added to cart also. I believe it is regoin free.

[quote name='genfuyung']You can turn a currency converter on after you sign in with a US account. Cant use US amazon credit though. Which sucks.[/QUOTE]

can i still use my normal visa debit no problem?

bread's done
Back