Mavs to the Finals: Congrats to the Heat

[quote name='botticus']Kind of like how the Pistons should have won the game before but they couldn't get a defensive rebound the entire game.[/quote]

When the game is that close late in the foruth quarter, the game is lost at that time. You don't look back at what happened in the first half, because you're tied.

All the Cavs had to do was grab a couple rebounds, and they would have given themselves a great chance to win.

Cavs just don't have that lockdown killer instinct at the end of games yet. Give them another year or two, and I might have to deal with this matchup on an annual basis.

But as long as the Pistons can stay on top, I can tell my coworkers to shove it.

I'm fairly certain Tim Duncan just lifted his pivot food three times without going anywhere.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']The Cavs should have won that, but they couldn't get a defensive rebound at the end of the game.

Also, my Pre-Game Feel tells me the Mavs win by at least 10.[/QUOTE]
I guess your pre game feel is a little off. Missing Terry hurt them bad that game. Dirk had a great game though but nobody else could step up in the fourth. Ironic that Finley hit a couple big shots. Parker and Ginoboli cluth at the line. Can't wait for Game 7. Mavs going to SA losing two straight. Going to be tough for them to pull it off.

Yep, Finley's 3pointer gave them the win. Also, what was up with the slowass calls by the refs? Took them forever to call a foul on Devin Harris when he went for the loose ball with Bowen. I think Spurs and Pistons will win Game 7s.

[quote name='gokou36']Oh yeah forgot about Suns/Clippers, I think Clippers will take that one.[/quote]

I really want them to, Brand deserves it

The mavs played pretty crappy, but hats off to the refs for handing the Spurs the game. The phantom Harris-Bowen foul, no call on Bowen when Dirk's shoulder was destroyed, and no call when Howard was hacked up on the 2nd to last Mavs possession after Dirk shot the three. The refs were the real Spurs heroes tonight.

In that Cavs Pistons game I gotta give the Pistons credit, they hit some of the most difficult shots I've ever seen down the stretch

[quote name='bil4ltool']The mavs played pretty crappy, but hats off to the refs for handing the Spurs the game. The phantom Harris-Bowen foul, no call on Bowen when Dirk's shoulder was destroyed, and no call when Howard was hacked up on the 2nd to last Mavs possession after Dirk shot the three. The refs were the real Spurs heroes tonight.[/QUOTE]

Umm no, Bowen was closer to the ball than Harris was, yet Harris got the ball. Why do you think they called the foul, even though it was late.

[quote name='bil4ltool']The mavs played pretty crappy, but hats off to the refs for handing the Spurs the game. The phantom Harris-Bowen foul, no call on Bowen when Dirk's shoulder was destroyed, and no call when Howard was hacked up on the 2nd to last Mavs possession after Dirk shot the three. The refs were the real Spurs heroes tonight.[/quote]
Total BS, the refs screwed the Spurs in the first half and the rest of the series, and for the whole playoffs the Mavs have had the ref's calls, I like the Spurs but not more than quite a few teams and I've watched a couple of these games... with a moderate tone, and I'm telling you there's nothing to complain about

Yeah the refs have been all over the place in the Mavs/Spurs series. They been giving calls to both sides all series long. I really think all the home teams will be winning the Game 7's. We will see. NBA playoffs haven been great this year, except for my team the Nets losing.

Refs didn't give the Spurs the game. Missed open J's by Stack and missed lay ups by Harris did. Mavs should've blown the game up in the first half with Duncan on the bench, so they got no one to blame but themselves. And the refs aren't giving this series to either team, but they are showing some inconsistency which is just making themselves look bad and the NBA. It seems like all of that whining in the games are starting to leak onto the message boards.

I don't see Duncan and Parker playing this badly Game 7, so I have a feeling it will be the Spurs in Game 7. Terry better bust his game open on Monday, and the rest of the Mavs better show up to play.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']The Cavs should have won that, but they couldn't get a defensive rebound at the end of the game.

Also, my Pre-Game Feel tells me the Mavs win by at least 10.[/QUOTE]

Your Pre-Game feeling must be from something you ate.

Ginobili man. he's the clutchiest of the clutch, always coming up big when it counts. i'd go so far as to say he's unstoppable. him and Stack's 1 for 11 in the second half or however badly he did. centers actually played pretty well this game for the Mavs, it was the inconsistency of Stack and the chokes of Harris that lost it. and Armstrong was crazy fast on the guarding, idk why they dont' put him in more often. at least i think it was Armstrong.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Refs didn't give the Spurs the game. Missed open J's by Stack and missed lay ups by Harris did. Mavs should've blown the game up in the first half with Duncan on the bench, so they got no one to blame but themselves. And the refs aren't giving this series to either team, but they are showing some inconsistency which is just making themselves look bad and the NBA. It seems like all of that whining in the games are starting to leak onto the message boards.

I don't see Duncan and Parker playing this badly Game 7, so I have a feeling it will be the Spurs in Game 7. Terry better bust his game open on Monday, and the rest of the Mavs better show up to play.[/quote]

Yeah you're right, but the refs were downright shady tonight. Did anyone see the shot Duncan took on Dampier where there was no contact, the refs waited to see if it was going to in, and when it didn't they automatically blew the whistle? I was bewildered. The whole star treatment of big men really pisses me off, it's just like Shaq during their title run where he could steamroll the defender and there would be a blocking foul.

However, the Mavs played like utter shit tonight, especially Stack and Harris. Dirk and Daniels were the lone bright spots tonight. They had the perfect chance to go on a great run with Duncan on the bench and blew it. Howard played like garbage too, simply throwing junk up for no reason. I hope the Mavs can pull off game 7, but I'm none too optimistic.

[quote name='bil4ltool']Yeah you're right, but the refs were downright shady tonight. Did anyone see the shot Duncan took on Dampier where there was no contact, the refs waited to see if it was going to in, and when it didn't they automatically blew the whistle? I was bewildered. The whole star treatment of big men really pisses me off, it's just like Shaq during their title run where he could steamroll the defender and there would be a blocking foul.
[/QUOTE]

The call on Duncan's 5th foul when Harris went for a layup in the 4th quarter was a bit slow too so it wasn't a star treatment like you're saying. I don't think i've ever seen a game where the refs were this slow. I'm guessing its because this whole series had bad calls left and right.

[quote name='bil4ltool']Yeah you're right, but the refs were downright shady tonight. Did anyone see the shot Duncan took on Dampier where there was no contact, the refs waited to see if it was going to in, and when it didn't they automatically blew the whistle? I was bewildered. The whole star treatment of big men really pisses me off, it's just like Shaq during their title run where he could steamroll the defender and there would be a blocking foul.

However, the Mavs played like utter shit tonight, especially Stack and Harris. Dirk and Daniels were the lone bright spots tonight. They had the perfect chance to go on a great run with Duncan on the bench and blew it. Howard played like garbage too, simply throwing junk up for no reason. I hope the Mavs can pull off game 7, but I'm none too optimistic.[/quote]

Don't worry, man. The Mavs are going to be okay. Stackhouse is a very streaky shooter, and his shot wasn't falling last night. Howard needs to select his shots better and not shoot so early in the possession.

Avery will will get this team ready to go. Dirk was downright dominant on the boards and will continue to be if San Antonio stays small.

It will most likely be another tough game, but Dallas has already proven several times this season that they can win in San Antonio.

They need to continue to attack Duncan and get him in foul trouble early. That's what he's been doing to our centers all series, and we should return the favor.

Dallas wins tomorrow night and will most certainly go on to beat either the Suns or Clips.

Your predictions have been off lately. Let's see if your team steps it up tomorrow. I think the Spurs will win it in a tight won.

[quote name='gokou36']The call on Duncan's 5th foul when Harris went for a layup in the 4th quarter was a bit slow too so it wasn't a star treatment like you're saying. I don't think i've ever seen a game where the refs were this slow. I'm guessing its because this whole series had bad calls left and right.[/quote]
Yeah and the Harris foul on Bowen when they were running down the sideline, regardless of whether there was a foul on the play it was WAY late. It really pissed me off when Dirk's shoulder got raped by Bowen and there was no whistle. That foul probably threw his shooting off a lot near the end.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Don't worry, man. The Mavs are going to be okay. Stackhouse is a very streaky shooter, and his shot wasn't falling last night. Howard needs to select his shots better and not shoot so early in the possession.

Avery will will get this team ready to go. Dirk was downright dominant on the boards and will continue to be if San Antonio stays small.

It will most likely be another tough game, but Dallas has already proven several times this season that they can win in San Antonio.

They need to continue to attack Duncan and get him in foul trouble early. That's what he's been doing to our centers all series, and we should return the favor.

Dallas wins tomorrow night and will most certainly go on to beat either the Suns or Clips.[/quote]
I wish the game was tommorow night....but it's on Monday, and I work, which is no good at all.

[quote name='bil4ltool']It's on Sunday. Hell if I know, but I'm not pleased about it.[/quote]

Yeah, aside from Game 2 or 3, every game has been every other day for the entire series.

and about the bowen and dirk arm thing...you can tell dirk was over-acting on that one...terrible actor...

i think all will be close games, but all the home teams will win...then suns beat the spurs, lol

[quote name='ph33r m3']Calling it right now.

San Antonio Spurs will comeback and win this series [/quote]

Chhhhyeah.

[quote name='Madskills1182']Why the hell do they get two days rest? When is the Pistons/Cavs game?[/quote]

Sunday 3:30 PM I think on ABC.

GO CAVS!!!!!!!!

[quote name='RandomNPC']God I really hope the Pistons lose, I would hate seeing another Spurs-Pistons Finals again.[/QUOTE]

I agree. A Spurs-Heat finals would be fine with me :)

[quote name='unforeseen']I agree. A Spurs-Heat finals would be fine with me :)[/QUOTE]

That would be boring. It would be 4-0 Spurs.:)
Not trying to be a hater but Heat just dont have what it takes to be Champs. I think the team was better last year.

I want it to be Mavs and Heat because I hate the spurs and shaq is my favorite player currently playing in the NBA.

Our coach threw around the idea for when we make state next yr. the t-shirt's that were going to sell will be our school's logo with "Witness" on it...

This one looks like it's gonna be down to the wire again. Cavs have really stepped up the defense in the second half of this series and haven't just let the Pistons steamroll them like everyone predicted. Even if they don't win this series, it's definitely a step in the right direction for the franchise.

[quote name='Genocidal']This one looks like it's gonna be down to the wire again. Cavs have really stepped up the defense in the second half of this series and haven't just let the Pistons steamroll them like everyone predicted. Even if they don't win this series, it's definitely a step in the right direction for the franchise.[/QUOTE]
Quiet, don't encourage them.

Pistons by 5.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Pistons on the verge of another one!
The refs seem to be siding with Detriot with all them calls on King James.[/QUOTE]
No way. They were calling the game tight the entire game for both teams.. "King" James had a terrible second half. I'm glad the Pistons won so we don't have to hear about Lebron anymore.

bread's done
Back