Max Payne 3 $47.99 Pre-order @ Newegg (Updated Promo Code for current sale)

[quote name='matpaq']Do you think this game will be worth pre ordering at this price?[/QUOTE]

Personally I don't think so, most CAGs probably still have a huge backlog from last year, I know I do. The only games I'll be buying in the first half of 2012 are FFXIII-2 CE, Mass Effect 3 and Tales of Graces f (and GTAV if by some miracle it comes out in the first half of the year). So I know I won't be getting it at this price, this is the type of game I wouldn't pay over 20 bucks for.

But that's just me. I'm sure huge fans of the series will want to get it. It will have multiplayer, so there'll be something more than just the quick campaign. Don't know if the multiplayer will be any good though.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, it's worth pre-ordering @ this price because you can always cancel later if the reviews for it are horrible, also Rockstar games usually hold their value.

I still have the first two to finish before I even think about getting this one, lol. Like others have mentioned, I still have a huge backlog to work through.

[quote name='guitarguy']lol I guess you guys never played max Payne on pc. Pretty sick games[/QUOTE]

The first Max Payne is fucking amazing.

The first one.

Went ahead and locked in a 360 copy for now. I loved the first 2 games but that's a pretty full week with Mass Effect 3 and SFxTekken also releasing. Might end up passing on MP3 until a later time.

Has there been any word on which version might have an edge? I'm guessing not but just curious. I'd prefer it on PS3 because I loved the previous games on PS2 but if the 360 version is better I'll go with that one.

Its a rockstar game, will wait for the inevitable GOTY edition like all rockstar games this generation.

Bumping this thread because I just got an email from Newegg that says they're offering the $47.99 + free shipping preorder for Max Payne 3 on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC again. It expires at 11:59PM PT this Sunday (April 29th). There's a new code to use at checkout though: EMCYTZT1513

[quote name='suwillgetu']Bumping this thread because I just got an email from Newegg that says they're offering the $47.99 + free shipping preorder for Max Payne 3 on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC again. It expires at 11:59PM PT this Sunday (April 29th). There's a new code to use at checkout though: EMCYTZT1513[/QUOTE]

k, thanks I'll update the OP.

this game has a strong chance for a price drop (like every game nowadays) within the first month. making the best buy $20 gc if unlocked the best way to go, due to a price adjust.

bread's done
Back