Max Payne 3 (PS3 Only) or Diablo 3 $15 gaming coupon with purchase at Kmart in-store

Figured somebody would post the Kmart ad and it would have a deal on D3 right after I decided to get the digital version from Blizzard. Oh well, after gas, tax and time spent it's not that big of a loss. :D

[quote name='Agent Orange']Well it's something. But meh.

Isn't Best Buy $20 for pre-orders? And Amazon is $10 (with no tax or gas money)?

Try harder KMART.[/QUOTE]
Buying Max Payne is not so great, but if you buy Diablo 3 its a decent deal especially if you already have some kmart gaming coupons to start another coupon train.

If anyone is interested they are selling Max Payne 3 for the PS3 in the Kmart near NYU in NYC. Or at least they have it in display already. I believe it releases on the 15th so a few days earlier isn't bad at all of you can't wait.

Isn't Best Buy $20 for pre-orders? And Amazon is $10 (with no tax or gas money)?

Best Buy is only $20 if you're unlocked, $10 otherwise, but you also get the first DLC free as well. Amazon is $10 as you say and Buy.com is $20. I went with that one because they also did not have tax and for a few days, they had it at 54.99 with the credit. I'm glad K-mart is getting back into the coupons, but I think most of us that want it, have already pre-ordered elsewhere for slightly better deals.

Hmm, tempted on getting Diablo 3 standard edition. Kmart isn't that far from where I live so the gas/tax won't hurt me that much.

Are there any other deals besides $50 from Micro-Center? I'd go if there was one less than 8 hours away from me.

[quote name='jkircos']Does this mean Josh is back?[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know definitively if he left the company completely, or assigned to a different area? My assumption was he just decided to leave.

Either way. The deals never stopped COMPLETELY, they just got few and far between, and there haven't really been close to the same level of deals (except that recent online one, but then that was probably a mistake with the website anyway...)

I guess this isn't bad for Diablo 3, but a 15 dollar gaming coupon usually means I have to buy another game from K-Mart within a limited amount of time. Still not too upset about getting the digital version.

Is this deal on there website or anything in case I wanna print it out if I go there on Tuesday ? (just so they dont waste my time if they dont realize it)

I used to love these Kmart deals but they got far too annoying (at least at the two stores near my house). I would have to continuously have to wait a day or two for new releases to be put out onto the shelves and the Shop Your Way thing is extremely worthless. I believe the employees would purposely act like they couldn't find my account just so they'd have to give me another card (there used to be a HUGE push to get their employees to sign customers up).

Saying that, I lost patience with them and it would take one hell of a deal for me to step foot into their establishment again.

[quote name='dcm1602']Is this deal on there website or anything in case I wanna print it out if I go there on Tuesday ? (just so they dont waste my time if they dont realize it)[/QUOTE]
This is in the weekly AD for next week(tomorrow). The kmart near me has the weekly ADs by the customer service counter. Its on the 2nd page, and the offer requires a shopyourwayrewards card.

[quote name='dcm1602']Is this deal on there website or anything in case I wanna print it out if I go there on Tuesday ? (just so they dont waste my time if they dont realize it)[/QUOTE]
The online weekly ad should be up tomorrow through this link

Also, the deal is only for Shop Your Way Rewards members. It's still free to join and can be done at the register before the purchase.

The coupon is valid from May 20 through July 7.

Other gaming deal in the ad, also just for SYWR members:
Buy either :360: the 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect for $299.99, or :ps3: the 160GB PS3 for $249.99, get a $25 gaming coupon. This coupon is also valid from May 20 through July 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's weird that their page for D3 says it's $25, not $15:

http://www.kmart.com/activision-diablo-iii/p-018V004508350000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

d3kmartt1l31.png

Probably a mistake...

Hmm when you click on "for details"

SYWR members get a $25 gaming coupon with purchase of a Wii.

Obviously their website is just being shitty.

Heres the actual thing

Gaming Coupon
In-store and online offer Assortment may vary by store.
Earn a $15 Gaming Coupon*

Thru 05/19/12
Shop Your Way Rewards Members:
Earn a $15 Gaming Coupon† when you purchase Max Payne 3 for PS3 or Diablo III for PC
Available Tuesday, May 15. Release date subject to change.
†Coupon prints at checkout. Limit one (1) $15 gaming coupon per transaction. Coupon valid on a $15 or more gaming purchase from 5/20/12 thru 7/7/12. Additional restrictions and exclusions apply to coupon redemption. See store for details.
*Members earn Points on Qualifying purchases, excluding sales taxes and other fees. Subject to full program terms available at www.shopyourwayrewards.com. Must remain opted-in to receiving promotional emails from SHOP YOUR WAY REWARDS to earn Bonus Points. Bonus Points are inclusive of, and not in addition to, any Base Points earned on Qualifying Purchases. When Bonus Points offers are combined, total Points earned will be less than the combined Point totals for each individual offer. See www.shopyourwayrewards.com for details.

Is that deal live through best buy? I don't see it anywhere. Anyone have a link?

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']holyshit I can't believe it, but kmart got even worse since Josh left. Has anyone managed to find a copy of diablo 3 in their stores?[/QUOTE]

I called two this morning around 8:45AM. One said there wasn't a person in the electronics area till 9AM and the other said they had two in stock. I drove to the first one to find out they only received one copy. Luckily I got it.

My Kmart only had 1. They had to get it for me from the back. It rang up at 69.98, so I had to go to customer service to do an adjustment to $59.99. However, that meant I got two $15 off coupons; I think both of them should work.

[quote name='LCS213']Is that deal live through best buy? I don't see it anywhere. Anyone have a link?[/QUOTE]

It was still advertising that deal as of last night on the MyRewardZone.com page. I went ahead and ordered it last night. Fingers crossed that I'll get the gift card. If I don't, I will just return it.

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Would like to know if this works with the kmarts in manhattan cause i know they don't follow the weekly ads[/QUOTE]
Yup it works, my brother went to the one at broadway/astor place and bought two diablos on separate transactions to get two coupons. He said that there were around five copies left around 10am.

Oy!

I went to my KMart this morning and waited at electronics for 15 minutes before someone came around. Finally once they did it was this old man with no teeth and dried blood around his lips and face. LOVELY. I told him of Diablo III and he told me that they do not carry computer games. I walked him over to the part where the computer games were and said well you carry major ones so could you please check? He continued to tell me that they do not carry games and that to look, only two of those were for windows (because they had the games for windows live logo). I insisted he simply go back and check but he was staying strong that it wouldnt be there. I persisted and finally he reluctantly went in back but first took at least a minute or two to ask if I wanted it for Mac or PC.... I tried to explain how it didnt matter and he just got even more confused. After almost 10 minutes of him searching around in the back he came out with Diablo III and said that it was the only copy they got. EVEN AFTER HANDING ME THE GAME he kept going on and on about how they do not carry pc games... Then when I went to pay by credit card he had no idea what was going on and was so confused at the whole process.

I could probably write a short story about my experience today to be honest but for the internet's sake I will keep it at that.

Either way I walked away with a $15 Gaming Coupon (which baffled his mind) and their only copy of Diablo III

My 360 copy of MP3 came with the $15 gaming coupon! Just got home from the store, but was surprised that there was a coupon.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Oy!

I went to my KMart this morning and waited at electronics for 15 minutes before someone came around. Finally once they did it was this old man with no teeth and dried blood around his lips and face. LOVELY. I told him of Diablo III and he told me that they do not carry computer games. I walked him over to the part where the computer games were and said well you carry major ones so could you please check? He continued to tell me that they do not carry games and that to look, only two of those were for windows (because they had the games for windows live logo). I insisted he simply go back and check but he was staying strong that it wouldnt be there. I persisted and finally he reluctantly went in back but first took at least a minute or two to ask if I wanted it for Mac or PC.... I tried to explain how it didnt matter and he just got even more confused. After almost 10 minutes of him searching around in the back he came out with Diablo III and said that it was the only copy they got. EVEN AFTER HANDING ME THE GAME he kept going on and on about how they do not carry pc games... Then when I went to pay by credit card he had no idea what was going on and was so confused at the whole process.

I could probably write a short story about my experience today to be honest but for the internet's sake I will keep it at that.

Either way I walked away with a $15 Gaming Coupon (which baffled his mind) and their only copy of Diablo III[/QUOTE]
was that the one in Naperville on Ogden?

My store had 2 copies. At first i couldn't locate the game. They had it in with the DS games all the way at the bottom. Took forever to find. Good deal cause i had like $20ish worth of gift cards/points to use up.

[quote name='BrolyB593']YEAH!

It totally was... are you stalking me?[/QUOTE]
No, I called there and an old man answered the phone. I asked if they had diablo 3 for the PC and he said they only carried video games for the DDS and Wii Cube. I figured it was the same guy. What a fuckface, I would've had diablo 3 lol.

This whole experience has sworn me off kmart forever. I used to do the coupon train with Josh all the time. I can't stand the retarded ass employees anymore.

[quote name='BrolyB593']

[/QUOTE]

Oh please elaborate. I love to hear retail horror stories! :applause:

Back to topic, I purchase Max Payne 3 for the Xbox and it generated a $15 dollar coupon. So, big shock, the website and AD are wrong.

I'll probably pick up diablo 3 and a points card or something later. Have a Kmart on the way to work

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Would like to know if this works with the kmarts in manhattan cause i know they don't follow the weekly ads[/QUOTE]

I just picked up D3 + coupon from the Kmart at 34th. They had like 8-10 copies total.

[quote name='gotdott']I just picked up D3 + coupon from the Kmart at 34th. They had like 8-10 copies total.[/QUOTE]

Cool, but i meant max payne 3

no luck here, 1 kmart sold out of their only 2 copies, the other kept saying we dont carry pc games over and over soo i just left.

Sorry I know this isn't the place but I'm really desperate for a Diablo 3 Guest pass if anyone has one ;(

Local Kmart didn't get any copies in today they said - oh well, I guess i wait to play.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Finally once they did it was this old man with no teeth and dried blood around his lips and face. LOVELY.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you sprayed it down with Lysol first

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Cool, but i meant max payne 3[/QUOTE]

It should work for Max Payne too. I didn't see that many copies of MP out though

I did an exchange yesterday for Max Payne 3(360) went smooth received my receipt nothing else, but when I checked my e receipt there was a 15 gaming coupon valid 5.20-early July. I don't know if I got lucky or just an error. Heads up for those maybe considering getting the 360 version from Kmart.

I had some points on my card and got an email saying my points were worth triple if I redeemed them in store by 5/20. I went to KMart after picking up Diablo 3 and asked the CS people about the email, they said you had to use a Sears card to get the triple points (NO WHERE on the email does it say that) Max Payne 3 wasn't on the shelf and there were no employees seemingly within a 50 yard radius, and I decided I had more important things to do than hunt down an employee.

[quote name='ZForce']I had some points on my card and got an email saying my points were worth triple if I redeemed them in store by 5/20. I went to KMart after picking up Diablo 3 and asked the CS people about the email, they said you had to use a Sears card to get the triple points (NO WHERE on the email does it say that) Max Payne 3 wasn't on the shelf and there were no employees seemingly within a 50 yard radius, and I decided I had more important things to do than hunt down an employee.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure how kmart stays in business. I had the same trouble finding an employee in an illinois store. I was looking for D3, and once I finally did find the electronics guy on the other side of the store, he mentioned that the truck didn't even come in today, "maybe tomorrow it will come." Somebody else mentioned the same thing. That's one thing, deliveries get messed up, sure. But the place is empty, stuff is all over the floor, counters are dirty, and the few customers wandering the place like zombies really don't look like they are actually going to buy anything if you know what I mean.

The only reason I walked in there was becuase I planned on buying 2 copies of D3, the second one later using the 15 dollar coupon.

bread's done
Back