Max Payne 3 SE $42.08 @ Amazon (PS3 only)

omyard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Max Payne 3 SE is at $46.58 on Amazon right now. This is PS3 only for right now. The 360 is still $79.99, PC is $75.52 from a third party seller.

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Payne-3-S...F8&qid=1346712150&sr=1-2&keywords=Max+Payne+3

Hopefully this isn't a repost, but I haven't seen anything mentioned lately and did a forum search before posting.

EDIT: Looks like Amazon just dropped it to $42.08. Still PS3 only.

Last edited by a moderator:
While it's a good price for what it is, I would recommend skipping this one and spending money on something else. Even discounting the first two games of the series (which I find to be superior shooters regardless), Max Payne 3 is a stilted and disjointed experience due to an overabundance of mid-level cutscenes. The game takes you out of the action far too many times to ever build up a decent pace, and worse yet pulls the old "switch to the weapon Max was holding in the cutscene, even though the cutscene started with you holding a different weapon" move. So not only are the cutscenes drawing you out of the game and breaking up the flow, they are ruining your combat strategy and effectiveness.

[quote name='ECisMe']While it's a good price for what it is, I would recommend skipping this one and spending money on something else. Even discounting the first two games of the series (which I find to be superior shooters regardless), Max Payne 3 is a stilted and disjointed experience due to an overabundance of mid-level cutscenes. The game takes you out of the action far too many times to ever build up a decent pace, and worse yet pulls the old "switch to the weapon Max was holding in the cutscene, even though the cutscene started with you holding a different weapon" move. So not only are the cutscenes drawing you out of the game and breaking up the flow, they are ruining your combat strategy and effectiveness.[/QUOTE]

I loved max Payne 3, especially the cut scenes. It felt like it was a movie/ game and I don't know what you mean that there's too many cut scenes. There is a lot but if anything it drew me closer to the game. The only I hate about it is that after I beat it, I had just sitting in my backlog with no use of it

bread's done
Back