Max Payne 3: Special Edition - $59.99 - 360, PS3 & PC @ Amazon

[quote name='Buuhan1']I just saw that unboxing video, that statue is ASS. I can't believe it... there's no texture to it at all, it's literally just glossy plastic.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. For a noir series like Max Payne I can't believe how shiny that thing is. Disappointing.

Well, as a huge fan of 1 & 2, I wasn't thrilled with 3 was the first trailer was released. It wasn't Max fighting for his family, or his life. He was just another gangster in a city far away. I'm hopeful I'll enjoy the game, but with the reviews... I don't have a lot of faith.

That said, if I'm gonna buy a game... I want the Collector's Edition. If the soundtrack doesn't suck, that bonus alone can go a long way. And while I need another statue like a need a hole in the head, if I don't like it I'll just toss it.

Could have done the game for $30 during the Steam sale, etc... but decided to wait. With the Collector's for $60, I wanted to wait longer... but I doubt it will last. Sure wish I could have gotten another Uncharted 3 Collectors at BB. I LOVE my launch day one for $100, but another for $30 would be sweet. :)

Anywho, thanks OP. I'm in.

Me: "Man this is very tempting I think I'll buy it."

Mind: "You know you just bought KoA:R and Shadows of the Damned, right? Not to mention the $50 you spent on steam. It'll probably go lower just wait."

"But what if it doesn't? Argh."

Damn it. Stupid Amazon, just sitting here staring at my cart.

[quote name='VTCO']LOL I think I am done with buying special editions at launch. The hard part is figuring out which ones will actually be hard to find later on and worth getting right away....my last 10 special edition purchases were all on sale within 8 weeks.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. The only game I've really managed to resist temptation of Day 1 is Infamous 2. Surprisingly, it's the CE, I love the most because of the bag.

The only one that I got that was sold out and became rare was Hyperdimension Neptunia.

the bullet keychain is pretty badass :)

bought this on amazon warehouse deals for 70 and thought it was worth it then. buy buy buy!

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Me: "Man this is very tempting I think I'll buy it."

Mind: "You know you just bought KoA:R and Shadows of the Damned, right? Not to mention the $50 you spent on steam. It'll probably go lower just wait."

"But what if it doesn't? Argh."

Damn it. Stupid Amazon, just sitting here staring at my cart.[/QUOTE]

do it! you know you want to. if you're a fan of any of the max payne games you definitely won't regret it when you open it up

[quote name='PublikDefender']Any chance of this going lower? I don't have the best buy sku for the ps3 version to check, but all my local gamestops are sold out or have limited quantities available. I guess I shouldn't wait on buying this.
[/QUOTE]

Hard to say. It's not like Uncharted 3 or Skyrim where you're seeing tons of the SEs cluttering up the store shelves. Most Best Buys I've seen have one, maybe two. I imagine when Gamestop drops it, it'll be to 59.99 too, so...I think this price is as good as it'll get. Even if BB eventually drops it to 30, there'll be so few left that it'll be tough to get.

[quote name='Covnam']This is quite tempting.

And to add to the above mentioned titles, Mass Effect 3 CE was also pretty limited.[/QUOTE]

They were $25-30 for weeks on amazon warehouse...it was not limited, lol.

Since reviews have clearly stated that it isn't really a great follow up to #2 or #1, I'll pass until it's $5 on steam. Thanks anyway. If it were awesome, I'd totally pickup the CE.

FYI - I had previously mentioned that I'd update with how it shipped when my copy arrived and it just did. The CE itself was indeed still packaged in the original Take-Two Interactive shipping box with the "do not sell before May 15, 2012" labels on them. Since I had chosen the gift packing slip option, that box was then packaged inside another shipping box with some air pillows and the gift packing slip.

[quote name='scott_matthews']FYI - I had previously mentioned that I'd update with how it shipped when my copy arrived and it just did. The CE itself was indeed still packaged in the original Take-Two Interactive shipping box with the "do not sell before May 15, 2012" labels on them. Since I had chosen the gift packing slip option, that box was then packaged inside another shipping box with some air pillows and the gift packing slip.[/QUOTE]

Nice!!!! I was holding off ordering until someone who did buy it, told us how they received it. I think I will get in on this, afterall I was the OP......LOL

I selected gift option too, but it came just in an Amazon box with no original box around it. It was creased pretty bad, since the box was little smaller than the right size!

mine was packaged in the original package for the CE and it came in a decent size box with the big bubble wraper around the CE . 1 thing that i did notice was that the CE didnt have any tape on it to keep it sealed.

well, I got the short end of the stick apparently. Mine was shipped in the original CE box only with the shipping labels directly on the game box. Amazon did put tape on the top/bottom flaps to keep it sealed. Needless to say, it came with some box damage, but I dont plan on keeping the box anyways. I just want the contents.

[quote name='addicted2games']well, I got the short end of the stick apparently. Mine was shipped in the original CE box only with the shipping labels directly on the game box. Amazon did put tape on the top/bottom flaps to keep it sealed. Needless to say, it came with some box damage, but I dont plan on keeping the box anyways. I just want the contents.[/QUOTE]

This is ridiculous. Never though Amazon would do something like this.

bread's done
Back