Max Payne 3: Special Edition (PS3/Xbox) at BB.com $69.99 (in-store pickup w/ $10 GC)

Donut2922

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Best Buy is selling the Max Payne 3: Special Edition for $69.99 through their website for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. PS3 and Xbox 360 versions are available for in-store pickup only.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

PS3 and Xbox 360 orders will be eligible for the $10 savings code. Code is emailed 5 days after pickup. PC is excluded from the bonus offer. This thread explains the BB.com $10 promo code offer here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323254

unavailable...which is good for me cause I just repicked up the regular edition a few days ago to use the $20 GU coupon.

Bloody hell, I just can't say no to this deal. Fuuuuuu, too bad the closest BB that has this is 1 hour away, but fuck it. I'm getting it! Thanks OP!

[quote name='eXiON']Bloody hell, I just can't say no to this deal. Fuuuuuu, too bad the closest BB that has this is 1 hour away, but fuck it. I'm getting it! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I don't want to be a debbie downer but be prepared for a box that's spiderwrapped to hell if your closest BB isn't one that uses those huge plastic cases.

this thought it one that's keeping me from jumping.

[quote name='confoosious']I don't want to be a debbie downer but be prepared for a box that's spiderwrapped to hell if your closest BB isn't one that uses those huge plastic cases.

this thought it one that's keeping me from jumping.[/QUOTE]
I know my closest BB uses that crap, damn it I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me, might have ask tomorrow before I got there and see whats up.

This is tempting, and I know a few of my closest stores have a handful of these still, BUT since I imagine they all have less than 3, they're not showing up as available: therefore no store-pickup, and no $10 bonus code. For some reason, that additional $10 code is the tipping point for me.

Came out on 05.29.12, so you're well within the window, 'toke. Hell of a deal!

EDIT: 05.29 was for the PC version, Xbox/PS3 was 05.15. You're still fine.

[quote name='token2k6']quick, has it been 45 days since release? Hell of a potential PM and I got the $20 eGC to boot![/QUOTE]

Nope. Game was release 05/15/2012.

[quote name='token2k6']quick, has it been 45 days since release? Hell of a potential PM and I got the $20 eGC to boot![/QUOTE]

nope. I was just kicking myself for NOT preordering the SE with this deal (in hindsight)

[quote name='sgaldis']This is tempting, and I know a few of my closest stores have a handful of these still, BUT since I imagine they all have less than 3, they're not showing up as available: therefore no store-pickup, and no $10 bonus code. For some reason, that additional $10 code is the tipping point for me.[/QUOTE]It's at times like these that I freaking hate that BBY's stock checker works like this--I know some BBYs in my area have some in stock, but the only ones that appear in the stock checker as "Available" are way way way too far away to be worth the mileage. :bomb:

The $10 code is also the tipping factor for me.

Wow, the only reason I bought the standard was because I never thought the CE would go on sale for a PM within the 45 days. As it stands now, I could have gotten the CE for $10 less then I paid for the standard edition. Damn.

[quote name='TooPoor']None (not available for store pick up) within the nearest 8 bestbuys? Is this CE rare or something?[/QUOTE]

No. Apparently the stock locator will make an item "unavailable" if the quantity that store has is 3 or less.

I was just at BB and they had (2) 360 ones and it's showing up as "unavailable" on the website.

[quote name='IamPro']What about the $20 off Reward Zone offer? Any way to buy it then get a price-match/return with the $20 off?[/QUOTE]

Coupon won't work because the SKU for the CE is different though I'm sure people might be able to get a manager to override it.

[quote name='shadowrage']Looks like this one is dead for most.
Would have bought it and traded my normal copy for the soundtrack alone.[/QUOTE]
yeah, it sucks. why the hell aren't they offering ship to store?

[quote name='coopscohen']No. Apparently the stock locator will make an item "unavailable" if the quantity that store has is 3 or less.

I was just at BB and they had (2) 360 ones and it's showing up as "unavailable" on the website.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - I know I saw one in my store on Sunday but I'm getting unavailable on the site. Will it ring up as 69.99 in store if you don't/can't order it through the site?

[quote name='dinovelvet']Interesting - I know I saw one in my store on Sunday but I'm getting unavailable on the site. Will it ring up as 69.99 in store if you don't/can't order it through the site?[/QUOTE]

It should but a straight store purchase doesn't qualify for the $10 gift card promo for spending over $50 on games.

This is bullshit, I know for a fact my BB has at least one of each for PS3 and 360. I see them every time cause they're right there with a stand next to the gaming kiosk, yet the locator says "Unavailable". I'd seriously think about hurrying up and finishing MP3 so I can trade it in and use the credit to get a PS3 copy if I could get in on the $10 GC deal.

will try the 3 bestbuy close to my house so the price should be same even if picking up at store.

i wonder how soon before this one drops below 40

maybe you guys can place phone order for store pickup.. I'm thinking CS over phone may have access to actual store inventory?

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Wow, the only reason I bought the standard was because I never thought the CE would go on sale for a PM within the 45 days. As it stands now, I could have gotten the CE for $10 less then I paid for the standard edition. Damn.[/QUOTE]
How much did you pay fo the RE? You need to commit to cheapassness.

[quote name='DragoonKnight']Boo. Not available anywhere even remotely close to me.[/QUOTE]

Not all Best Buy retail stores nearby are in the same Territory/District. Additionally, if you ask a Best Buy employee to check if they have an item in stock at other locations, they may claim "Item Unavailable" since they usually check only their Territory/District. Meanwhile, other nearby Best Buy stores assigned another Territory/District may show "Available for Pickup". Have you tested a different Zip code? Best of Luck

not long ago every bestbuy employee told me no one has new copies of dragon age 2 for bestbuy gamers coupon but i went to a store and saw like 5-10 copies on shelf

so its worth going to a bestbuy near you just to look

[quote name='cleaver']How much did you pay fo the RE? You need to commit to cheapassness.[/QUOTE]

I made a mistake, I paid $59.99 plus I got a $20 GC so effectively I paid $39.99 for the RE. If I would have bought the special edition at launch I would have gotten a $20 GC and would have been able to PM this sale, So I would have spent $49.99. For ten more bucks I would have bought the Special Edition.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I made a mistake, I paid $59.99 plus I got a $20 GC so effectively I paid $39.99 for the RE. If I would have bought the special edition at launch I would have gotten a $20 GC and would have been able to PM this sale, So I would have spent $49.99. For ten more bucks I would have bought the Special Edition.[/QUOTE]

Did u PM the Gamer coupon or Target? I no ppl had success getting the Gamer coupon applied to their preordered game. 40 plus a 20 GC. Still could have gotten the 10 GC for instore on top of ur 20 to get it to 40. 20 bucks to upgrade would have been nice. You could trade it in and still get close to the same difference. Trade it in for about 30 plus the 20 GC u have, 20 to upgrade plus u may get the 10 back for instore pick up. K im done rambling about it.

Id bite maybe if I didnt have a used copy coming in

[quote name='SolarUxie']If anyone is able to get the $20 gamer coupon to work, post your results.[/QUOTE]

It was only a matter of time, wasn't it? I'm sure someone will get an employee to override the coupon and then report back for you, in a victory weird parade of sorts.

[quote name='SolarUxie']If anyone is able to get the $20 gamer coupon to work, post your results.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the RZ offer? I just took a look at it and it only mentions $20 off SKUs 2808872 and 2807072 which are the standard editions. So getting the $20 off the special edition will probably require an override. But it doesn't hurt to try!

[quote name='confoosious']damn you. I was just thinking about this today and whether it'd ever get down to like $30.

i loved this game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, l'm looking forward to playing MP3.

I was trying to order one for myself but none are even showing up as available in my area. No deal for the OP even lol :/

do it. do it.

If I hadn't played MP3 already, I'd be all over this. But since i just finished it, I will wait and hope for a future amazon drop.

bread's done
Back