Max Payne 3: Special Edition (PS3/Xbox) at BB.com $69.99 (in-store pickup w/ $10 GC)

Donut2922

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Best Buy is selling the Max Payne 3: Special Edition for $69.99 through their website for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. PS3 and Xbox 360 versions are available for in-store pickup only.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

PS3 and Xbox 360 orders will be eligible for the $10 savings code. Code is emailed 5 days after pickup. PC is excluded from the bonus offer. This thread explains the BB.com $10 promo code offer here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323254

Hell....my wife will kill me. There's one near my work that is available. If it's still there tomorrow when I go back to work I doubt I'll be able to resist.

can anyone else see their past purchases on the RZ Site? for some reason I can't view any of my past transactions, across multiple browsers..DAMN. The receipt I had didn't print well in the first place and has already faded..there goes my hope of PMing unless I get a nice clerk who will look it up for me..that is unless my info is erased..from existence!!! muwhahaha

edit: and they're there, how strange..oh well, trying the PM at lunch..

Jumped on a PC version. Been waiting for a drop and I haven't seen one of these in any store anywhere, for the PC at least. Thanks OP!

[quote name='FQRizzo']PC gets little love again...[/QUOTE]PC gamers need to speak up here & this will change
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Past-Due-Show-Love-for-PC-Gamers/idi-p/528964
BB doesn't believe there's demand for them

[quote name='thetruth1983']Why oh why is the pc version never included in the bonus?[/QUOTE]^^^^

[quote name='Biglesworth23']The PC version is still available for shipping[/QUOTE]^^^^

[quote name='token2k6']can anyone else see their past purchases on the RZ Site? for some reason I can't view any of my past transactions, across multiple browsers..DAMN. The receipt I had didn't print well in the first place and has already faded..there goes my hope of PMing unless I get a nice clerk who will look it up for me..that is unless my info is erased..from existence!!! muwhahaha

edit: and they're there, how strange..oh well, trying the PM at lunch..[/QUOTE]BB has kiosks in-store so you can always use there pc

Anyone have opinions about which console version to get? I read Digital Foundry's head-to-head which gave the nod to the 360. I do like the fact that the PS3 version has only 1 disc as opposed to 2 discs for the 360. There's a PS3 version available 10 miles away and a 360 version 30 miles away. Decisions...decisions.

Oh man.... man.... so tempting. But, backlog....

I'll bite if someone can clarify the DLC stuff for me. Is the only one not present in this SE the map pack that was for pre-orders? I'm checking out the Season Pass right now, seems like a decent price for the content listed.

Thinking of ordering PC version for delivery but retail has no Steamworks. and If i keep it sealed no point b/c seems pc versions of collectors are worth less than xbox n ps3 ones. Decisions Decisions

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Anyone have opinions about which console version to get? I read Digital Foundry's head-to-head which gave the nod to the 360. I do like the fact that the PS3 version has only 1 disc as opposed to 2 discs for the 360. There's a PS3 version available 10 miles away and a 360 version 30 miles away. Decisions...decisions.[/QUOTE]round trip or 1 way? If 60 miles $3.21/gal & my van gets 20/MPG so if you're in a similar situation adding $10 in gas takes the $10 code away basically.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']rround trip or 1 way? If 60 miles $3.21/gal & my van gets 20/MPG so if you're in a similar situation adding $10 in gas takes the $10 code away basically.[/QUOTE]

It would be about 60 miles round trip. My car gets about 30 mpg. So it would cost me $7-8 in gas.

[quote name='soccerboy09']Thinking of ordering PC version for delivery but retail has no Steamworks. and If i keep it sealed no point b/c seems pc versions of collectors are worth less than xbox n ps3 ones. Decisions Decisions[/QUOTE]

Skyrim says otherwise

[quote name='KtMack23']Skyrim says otherwise[/QUOTE]

LMAO...I have both sitting in the closet (Xbox and PC) to see which one increases in value more and I will open the 2nd. Got em both cheap from sale and flips.
Guess I might have to give a go to the PC version. Gamestop around here are littered with the xbox version.

[quote name='confoosious']you only have to swap discs once.[/QUOTE]
Not if you need to go back and clean up achievements, or beat the game on modes harder than hard mode.
It would be nice if you could install both discs to HD and just use one.

Blu-ray and 1TB hard disk on the next Xbox please MS.

[quote name='shadowrage']Not if you need to go back and clean up achievements, or beat the game on modes harder than hard mode.

Blu-ray and 1TB hard disk on the next Xbox please MS.[/QUOTE]

yes, replaying it would require putting in the first disc. Did that really need to be said?

I checked yesterday when this was posted but was too bummed to even comment.

I was all stoked to get a copy but then saw there are none available for store pickup in my area.

Has anyone confirmed this price at the B&M location (so for those locations that have 1 or 2 available and thus "nothing" online)?

Quick question, when the option is store pick-up , the payment is charged at the moment or when you pick-up the game?

[quote name='shadowrage']Not if you need to go back and clean up achievements, or beat the game on modes harder than hard mode.

Blu-ray and 1TB hard disk on the next Xbox please MS.[/QUOTE]

this is just plain lazy ;)

[quote name='soccerboy09']Thinking of ordering PC version for delivery but retail has no Steamworks. and If i keep it sealed no point b/c seems pc versions of collectors are worth less than xbox n ps3 ones. Decisions Decisions[/QUOTE]

I would assume it's the same case for PC but I noticed that the PS3 versions do not come with any type of a factory seal. Not even a tape over the cardboard flap.

[quote name='YONKE']Quick question, when the option is store pick-up , the payment is charged at the moment or when you pick-up the game?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure you have to pay when ordering,i could'nt find an option to pay when picking up.

Thanks OP. There's one 45 miles away, but I'm going to be on that side of town this weekend anyway. :)

Very tempting but I think I have to wait. It'll eventually drop to 20 like GTA4 and RDR. Plus I wind up never touching the multiplayer in Rockstar games so some of the bonus stuff doesn't really appeal to me.

[quote name='Halo05']Very tempting but I think I have to wait. It'll eventually drop to 20 like GTA4 and RDR. Plus I wind up never touching the multiplayer in Rockstar games so some of the bonus stuff doesn't really appeal to me.[/QUOTE]

You're talking a matter of years though, right? I can't see this SE going down to $20 anytime soon.

[quote name='Halo05']Very tempting but I think I have to wait. It'll eventually drop to 20 like GTA4 and RDR. Plus I wind up never touching the multiplayer in Rockstar games so some of the bonus stuff doesn't really appeal to me.[/QUOTE]

You must not realize this is not the vanilla edition. No way it drops to $20...

Would get it if it was closer than a 45 min drive. Almost made the run while off today but I caged up and stayed.

[quote name='aircobra']You must not realize this is not the vanilla edition. No way it drops to $20...[/QUOTE]

I do realize that it is the vanilla edition.

My point is that of the bonus stuff, the downloads are for MP use. (character skins and MP weapons) That leaves me with the statue, the bullet keychain, the soundtrack, and some art. It isn't worth the price (even if you count it as $60 with the $10 back) to me. It's a Rockstar game, it'll get a "complete" edition in a year which will drop to $30 several months after it comes out.

That said, according to the store locator, the Pensacola BB has the 360 edition in stock (didn't check the PS3), I hope someone here is able to get it if they want it.

RE: 45 days Price Match Policy for Premier Members...

What if I pre-ordered this back in April?

But I didn't pick it up until 5/16. It's only been 35 days since I picked it up.

[quote name='Halo05']I do realize that it is the vanilla edition.

My point is that of the bonus stuff, the downloads are for MP use. (character skins and MP weapons) That leaves me with the statue, the bullet keychain, the soundtrack, and some art. It isn't worth the price (even if you count it as $60 with the $10 back) to me. It's a Rockstar game, it'll get a "complete" edition in a year which will drop to $30 several months after it comes out.

That said, according to the store locator, the Pensacola BB has the 360 edition in stock (didn't check the PS3), I hope someone here is able to get it if they want it.[/QUOTE]

ok.....

then what is the point of being in this thread?

the GOTY edition will be $20 if you wait a year.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']RE: 45 days Price Match Policy for Premier Members...

What if I pre-ordered this back in April?

But I didn't pick it up until 5/16. It's only been 35 days since I picked it up.[/QUOTE]

Preorder date doesnt matter for PM's. You'll be fine.

Picked up my PS3 SE today,got all the way home and realized somebody ganked the keychain,fuckers.After watching some videos i see why,the box is not sealed at all and the keychain is in the box that holds the game thats right on top when you open it.I guess i'm screwed,but heads up for anybody else buying one.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I found this to be poorly packaged. It was as if someone opened it, and checked all the contents.[/QUOTE]

Damn you, so it was you who did instore pickup for the ps3 version at long island city store because I was gonna get it right after I made some trades today

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']Picked up my PS3 SE today,got all the way home and realized somebody ganked the keychain,fuckers.After watching some videos i see why,the box is not sealed at all and the keychain is in the box that holds the game thats right on top when you open it.I guess i'm screwed,but heads up for anybody else buying one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I'm also picking up a PS3 SE today and will check the contents before I leave the BB parking lot.

[quote name='boogie4114']Damn you, so it was you who did instore pickup for the ps3 version at long island city store because I was gonna get it right after I made some trades today[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Thanks for the heads up. I'm also picking up a PS3 SE today and will check the contents before I leave the BB parking lot.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i'm pissed at myself for not checking it first,its kinda ridiculous that nothing at all is shrink wrapped or sealed except the game itself.You might even check while in store,or else they might think you took it out,thats why i didnt go back.And the box doesnt even say what the contents are,so i'm sure they'll have no clue.

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']Yeah i'm pissed at myself for not checking it first,its kinda ridiculous that nothing at all is shrink wrapped or sealed except the game itself.[/QUOTE]You might even check while in store,or else they might think you took it out,thats why i didnt go back.

I gave in and decided to stop by BB and pick this up. The 360 copy was gone when I got there but luckily the PS3 one I wanted wasn't. All I did was try to pick it up and move it from the stand to the counter and the bottom flap flew open and everything almost fell out. I then opened it in front of the BB employee and verified that everything was there and sealed. I traded in my standard copy of MP3, paid for the entire thing with BB credit, and now I'm a very happy camper :D:D

Now hopefully the Skyrim CE is still there for $60 in a couple days.

Did in store pickup for a PS3 SE at a BB near work (it's the only one available for store pickup relatively close to where I'm at). But I prefer the 360 version because most of my friends are on Xbox Live. I remembered seeing a 360 SE at the BB near my house. So I called and the CSR said there was one left and she would hold it for me. When I got there, the CSR was nice enough to call the 800 number and confirm that I would still get my $10 GC if I exchanged the PS3 version for the 360. But since I just picked it up today, for some reason she explained that she couldn't get the system to do it. However, she would hold it for me so I can do the exchange tomorrow.

The SE is definitely packaged poorly. Make sure you check all the contents are there! Oddly enough, the 360 version is sealed with the transparent circular stickers on the top and bottom of the box. Definitely have to open it and make sure everything's there.

people cancel/neglect preorders. not that funny.

[quote name='Swift900']Whatever happened to Rockstar only producing enough Special Editions to fill pre-orders? ... what a joke.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']people cancel/neglect preorders. not that funny.[/QUOTE]

The fact that it can still be found in stores / purchased from Amazon (not resellers) a whole month after the game's release tells me that it was over produced. This special edition was supposed to be for those who pre-ordered the game months in advance of its release, as pre-orders for the special edition were intended to stop in January... Then the pre-order window got pushed to April. And upon the game's release, it became apparent that you didn't even need to pre-order the game to secure a Special Edition.

It just sucks for those, like myself, who put the additional money down for the "limited" special edition months in advance, to be lied to.

Anyway, I'm glad for everyone in this thread who is able to pick the game up at this price. It is pretty nice.

at launch it was no where to found. its likely they exhausted their initial supply from preorders/at launch and then offered up the next wave or 2. i figured by now u'd have realized no video game ce/le/se's are truly limited these days unless they come numbered from a limited/set quantity; and even that is a risk. skyrim ce was supposed to be super limited, was 150 at launch, and now can be found relatively easily for 60. for all we know they made a limited amount but then still didn't have enough preorders to cover that initial amount of made se's. they can't just make them to order u know. if u were a bb silver member u could atleast get $30 back from a price adjustment. cheer up charlie.

[quote name='boogie4114']Damn you, so it was you who did instore pickup for the ps3 version at long island city store because I was gonna get it right after I made some trades today[/QUOTE]
LOL... sorry dude that ain't me.

I've had mine since launch. Pre ordered mine in December.

bread's done
Back