Max Payne 3 with free Max Payne 1 (360/PS3) at Walmart

it is a good offer; but best buy beats; the original max payne is only 1200 points; so if you take that gift card and buy MS points you still make out!

Eh... Max Payne can be bought for the last gen systems easily under $5, not to mention the iOS version for $3. Unless you need to scratch a really specific itch to have this on PSN or XBLA I think the better deal lies at Best Buy.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I prefer Best Buy's offer. $20 gift card.[/QUOTE]

I prefer Best Buy's Black Friday offer of $30 for the Max Payne 3 GOTY Edition.

I am from the future...

[quote name='ephermal']it is a good offer; but best buy beats; the original max payne is only 1200 points; so if you take that gift card and buy MS points you still make out![/QUOTE]

Agreed, just wanted to let everyone know this deal.

[quote name='Bosamba']If you have an official Xbox 360 hard drive, you can play the original Max Payne (Xbox) on your Xbox 360.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-games/play-original-games

The game can be found used for pretty cheap. Amazon has third party sellers listing it for $4.99 (with shipping) on up for example:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...?ie=UTF8&qid=1336142311&sr=8-2&condition=used[/QUOTE]

I just got Max Payne 1 on iOS to play. I've played it before, but wanted to again and figured it'd be fun on my iPhone. I also just got Max Payne 2, which I never played, from Goozex as an original Xbox disc to play on my 360. I loaded it up a couple of nights ago, and the graphics surprisingly look great for an older game. Now to try and finish both before May 15th!

[quote name='ephermal']it is a good offer; but best buy beats; the original max payne is only 1200 points; so if you take that gift card and buy MS points you still make out![/QUOTE]

Save your points for something else. If you're considering picking up the original Max Payne it's currently $10 on Steam or $15 for the MP1&2 bundle. The games are old enough that just about any PC should be able to run them. Not only are those games cheaper than they are on XBLA, but the PC versions also look better, run smoother, and control better than their Xbox counterparts. Plus MP2 has a free official DLC arena map pack available that wasn't present in the console versions IIRC.

I wish it was a GoD game vs an Xbox Original. Max Payne 1 can be had on PC at least for a few dollars during steam sales. Even if it was Max Payne 1&2 it wouldnt be enough

[quote name='Bosamba']If you have an official Xbox 360 hard drive, you can play the original Max Payne (Xbox) on your Xbox 360.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-games/play-original-games

The game can be found used for pretty cheap. Amazon has third party sellers listing it for $4.99 (with shipping) on up for example:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00005RCQ5/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1336142311&sr=8-2&condition=used[/QUOTE]

sweet, i was hoping this was the case. Ordered the game (and part 2) to replay them again before I buy the new version.

I really hope this new game has the same gritty feeling as the first two, man they were twisted.

[quote name='Psychonik']Not to mention Max Payne is not that great a game.[/QUOTE]

what.jpg

At least on PC back in the day it was AWSOME. I dont know how well it holds up though.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I prefer Best Buy's Black Friday offer of $30 for the Max Payne 3 GOTY Edition.

I am from the future...[/QUOTE]

Tell us how the game is, future man!

[quote name='jaygood17']
what.jpg

At least on PC back in the day it was AWSOME. I dont know how well it holds up though.[/QUOTE]

He probably wasn't old enough to play the original when it came out.

On buy.com, you get a $20 credit, free shipping, and no taxes in most states. Until a few days ago, the PS3 version was only $54.99, plus the $20 credit, so pretty much you get one of the potentially best games of the year for $35 since I had a $20 credit from ordering MW3 on buy.com too. I think that website is so underrated. They've given a $20 credit on a lot more big title games than Amazon recently.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']He probably wasn't old enough to play the original when it came out.[/QUOTE]

I think he died in his 40s. He was involved with Postal 2, which makes Max Payne look pretty tame in comparison.

[quote name='Squall835']Tell us how the game is, future man![/QUOTE]

Pretty good. In traditional Rockstar fashion, it scored in the 90s on Metacritic. The multiplayer was initially well received, but then quickly faded away to the more traditional multiplayer experiences like Call of Duty and Halo. Long after the game released, the public began to realize it wasn't as great as the media hyped it to be.

Is this still active? And for the Special Edition?(my store has preorder cards for it)

How you get in on that? Don't see it mentioned on site?

i got an email about the best buy $20.

first if you are unlocked its $20 ($15 membership for 1 year) if you are not its just a $10 gc. its automatically emailed to you if you pick up your pre order within the release week. i believe the offer ends when they no longer offer pre orders, usually 2 or 3 days before release. special edition should work too if they arent sold out.

if you have a reward zone gamer account log in to the site and its under offers.

full offer details

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/null/pcmcat270500050000.c?id=pcmcat270500050000

oh and PS: apparently BB gives you the first map pack DLC free also, not sure if this is just in all new copies or BB exclusive.

edit PPS: my bb clerk new nothing about this offer, so don't expect them to find any info in their register/computer.

I've never played Max Payne but the third game seems very interesting. I am somewhat tempted.

Best Buy is offering a 20 dollar gift card? I preordered the special edition from there back in March so will I get this and the DLC offer?

Wasn't sold on this since Max is now fat and in a foreign country, especially being a fan of 1 & 2. Now after researching it, I'm in for the best buy preorder. Game should be great bullet time fun and using trade in credit and getting $20 back at best buy is a done deal.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']I would be a lot more interested in this game if it didnt release the same day as Diablo 3.. and I wasnt spending 160$ on my D3 copies..[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest I mostly bit on pre-ordering from BB because of the $20 GC.

Although it seems Wal-Mart might be starting a trend on pre-orders now?
First Prototype 2 and now this?
Not bad, although it can't compete with BB's 30 day PM.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Wasn't sold on this since Max is now fat and in a foreign country, especially being a fan of 1 & 2. Now after researching it, I'm in for the best buy preorder. Game should be great bullet time fun and using trade in credit and getting $20 back at best buy is a done deal.[/QUOTE]

I'll take dumpy, bald Max over this goon:

max4.jpg

MaxPayne_2011-06-20_05-29-48-69.jpg

[quote name='drawingboard']The title could be a little more informative.[/QUOTE]

Or more vague.

"Deal on game at retailer!"

Since this thread is mainly about Max Payne 3.
Which console do you think is the better pick? PS3 or 360?
I ask this with every game I'm starting to realize.

[quote name='GoreObsessed']Best buy gives you a $20 gift card and you get the first paid DLC for free (best Buy exclusive). Atleast thats what the site says.[/QUOTE]

I was in target yesterday and noticed the pre-order cards for M.P. 3 had a tag that stated $20 gift card with purchase. Surprised the *#*# out of me because I never see target give gift cards over 10 dollars, or at all!

(This is at Bestbuy) You won't get the gift card if you pre-order the special edition btw. The same offer was available for mass effect 3 and people didn't get a gift card if they pre-ordered the CE.

[quote name='Namerson'](This is at Bestbuy) You won't get the gift card if you pre-order the special edition btw. The same offer was available for mass effect 3 and people didn't get a gift card if they pre-ordered the CE.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think they announced this offer the moment the day after they stopped taking CE pre-orders so I don't know how people would go about claiming that.

I think they did it specifically to exclude CE purchase...which kind of sucks when you think about it.

[quote name='iduncurr']Since this thread is mainly about Max Payne 3.
Which console do you think is the better pick? PS3 or 360?
I ask this with every game I'm starting to realize.[/QUOTE]

PS3 like always.

[quote name='Namerson'](This is at Bestbuy) You won't get the gift card if you pre-order the special edition btw. The same offer was available for mass effect 3 and people didn't get a gift card if they pre-ordered the CE.[/QUOTE]

:roll: I bought the ME3 CE and got the $20 gift card...

[quote name='Psychonik']Not to mention Max Payne is not that great a game.[/QUOTE]

I lied to myself that crappy opinions were over.
It wasn't over.

As a couple others in this thread have mentioned, I also got my $20 GC when I preordered the Special Edition of Mass Effect 3. Doesn't really matter on Max Payne however as Best Buy is no longer taking preorders for the special edition. Even if they forgot to destroy the preorder cards for it, if they try to ring it up it will come up "unable to add item".

Hmm, might bite on this, just because I usually never end up using the promotional giftcards in these deals and they end up expiring, also becuase I LOVE max payne 1.

Would have been a good offer...maybe if MP3 had come out 8 years ago. This would be akin to going back to riding your moped after you have been riding a V-Max for the past 8 years or so. lol

Received my order today, but no Max Payne 1 in sight... Any idea if it's supposed to come by email or something?

[quote name='Demonkadar']Walmart Launch Exclusive:

Buy Max Payne 3 & Get a free download of Max Payne 1 on Xbox Live, or Playstation Network.

The code MUST BE REDEEMED BY 5/21/12[/QUOTE]

Is this a DLC card given or in pack?

My local store is notorious for not having or employees not knowing about midnight/launch promos and giveaway items.

bread's done
Back