Maximum 24-Hour Camping at Best Buy. Corporate Policy.

ssnseawolf

CAG Veteran
Went to my local Best Buy today (Monday) in Fort Collins, CO to camp out for the PS3.

We got there at around noon and had all our gear in place (card table, chairs, sleeping bags, books, &tc.) in place at around 1:15 when the store manager came out and told us Best Buy is only allowing camping 24 hours in advance. He said this was corporate policy, and effective across all Best Buys nationwide.

Drat!

So if you're planning on camping out at Best Buy it's time to reconsider.

Oh well, it was cold anyways.

[quote name='drfunk85']Hmmm...what about those guys in California who have been apparently camping for several days?[/QUOTE]

The one certain thing about a BB corporate policy is that only half the stores will ever follow it.

The guys in Burbank, CA got kicked off a few days ago. I thought it was just local management getting nervous. Well, it's not.

Any news about CC? Friend called them and they said no camping till the day of? So wuts stopping ppl from going earlier n waiting in their cars and not at the front of the store till its "ok" to camp?

[quote name='Vergeofinsanity']Any news about CC? Friend called them and they said no camping till the day of? So wuts stopping ppl from going earlier n waiting in their cars and not at the front of the store till its "ok" to camp?[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what'll happen. And there will be fighting after the jockeying for position in line.

[quote name='oyabun']That's exactly what'll happen. And there will be fighting after the jockeying for position in line.[/quote]
Seems like a good midnight show before going home to bed...

What's sad is that this will probably lead to people camping out a block away from Best Buy for a "camp-out" spot at Best Buy.

Now this is going to lead to some comedy for sure.. its almost as if Best Buy did this on purpose.. I hope they have hired secruity for that day as a fight and maybe a murder will happen on the sprint to the front of the store exactly 24 hours early.

Does anyone have a best buy employe uni I can buy? That way I can go undercover and tell eveyone to go home. Then take their spot in line. Alos, does anyone know where I can get some pepper spray?

[quote name='GameReeper']Does anyone have a best buy employe uni I can buy? That way I can go undercover and tell eveyone to go home. Then take their spot in line. Alos, does anyone know where I can get some pepper spray?[/QUOTE]

Oh now theres an idea... I could become a vendor for self defense items outside in Best Buy's parking lot....

My friends work at Circuit City and they'll be camping with me so that's my insurance. Though still sure as hell isn't going to stop me from bringing a baseball bat or a knife. Dead or alive, that PS3 is coming with me...

Frankly anyone who would want to camp more than 24 hours (or even that long) has a few screws loose in my opinion.

Issuing this policy can be a very good thing, giving people a chance to have a spot in line. But it can be a bad thing like some of you already mentioned, which can cause fights/chaos and we can only hope the police and/or security will be there to restore order.

It's funny, I've always said that people have to be insane to wait in line for that many hours for a system launch. But the hype got the best of me and I am planning to be camping out for a good 24 hours from Thursday morning. I have officially lost it.

Camping out 4 days in advance. No work. No school. No family. Needing knives or baseball bats. Is anything wrong with this picture? Wow, I am glad I have a 360.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Wal*Mart is setting up chairs for people who will be waiting.[/quote]

I wonder if they're going to sell them as new. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Kayden']I wonder if they're going to sell them as new. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Hell, they will probably make you buy it if you're found sitting in one for over two hours.

[quote name='mer71']Camping out 4 days in advance. No work. No school. No family. Needing knives or baseball bats. Is anything wrong with this picture?[/quote]
Nope, perfectly described the American gamer AKA the new "American Dream!"

Jesus, it's just a videogame system...

[quote name='Vergeofinsanity']Any news about CC? Friend called them and they said no camping till the day of? So wuts stopping ppl from going earlier n waiting in their cars and not at the front of the store till its "ok" to camp?[/QUOTE]
At night parking lots are for car sex. If you go to a parking lot at night for a purpose other than car sex you are a perv.

[quote name='captainfrizo']Hell, they will probably make you buy it if you're found sitting in one for over two hours.[/QUOTE]

Trust me if you are spending $600+ on a PS3 then I think Wallyworld can afford to let you use a chair to wait....

... then again I got far better things to do with my life than to wait that long for a PS3 or Wii for that matter.

Traspassing laws? Parking lots are almost always privatly owned as well, not always the store's property, but still privately owned property that you can't turn into a makeshift campgrounds.

bread's done
Back