4 - 360 - UFC 2010: Undisputed (THQ) - 221.1K
5 - PS3 - UFC 2010: Undisputed (THQ) - 192.3K
6 - Wii - Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
7 - Wii - New Super Mario Bros (Nintendo) - 183k
8 - 360 - Alan Wake (Microsoft) - 145k
9 - NDS - Pokemon SoulSilver (Nintendo) - 141k
10 - 360 - Skate 3 (EA)

11 - 360 - Lost Planet 2 (Capcom)
12 - NDS - New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
13 - NDS - Pokemon Heartgold (Nintendo)
14 - PS3 - God of War III (Sony)
15 - Wii - Just Dance (Ubisoft)
16 - Wii - Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
17 - PS3 - Super Street Fighter IV (Capcom)
18 - PS3 - Modnation Racers (Sony)
19 - 360 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Acti-Blizzard)
20 - Wii - Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)

Other:
Split Second - 86k
Blur - 31k
Trauma Team - 11k
________
Comparison: UFC 2009 (First Month)
1.UFC 2009: Undisputed (360) -- 679,600
4.UFC 2009: Undisputed (PS3) -- 334,400

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan Wake under 200k? That's not too great, considering the amount of time, effort, and money that probably went into this.

I knew they should have not released it on the same day as RDR.

Also of note is that Alan Wake number apparently includes all versions of the game released.

Here is a list of some of the other notable May games, pulled it from GAF:

Here are some of the titles released in May that did not chart in the top ten:

Iron Man 2
Lost Planet 2
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Split/Second
Backbreaker
Blur
ModNation Racers
We can probably assume all these games did far under 100k. Modnation Racers was only out for 5 days or so though... but I don't see it charting next month, either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are some pretty pathetic numbers for the PSP... I wonder how much Peace Walker helped during June.

[quote name='animalspinners']Alan Wake under 200k? That's not too great, considering the amount of time, effort, and money that probably went into this.

I knew they should have not released it on the same day as RDR.
.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it was released on May 18 so thats only 12 days worth of sales, not too bad. Er...right?

And whose idea was it to put Blur, Split second, and Modnation all out at the same time? Even hardcore racer fans probably didn't buy all three.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Yeah but it was released on May 18 so thats only 12 days worth of sales, not too bad. Er...right?
[/QUOTE]

Not really an argument since RDR was released the same day.

Blur has sold only 31,000 units, I assume in May since the article is talking about May. I also assume that is a combined number on PS3 / 360, since the RDR numbers are combined.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-fi-ct-games-20100702,0,3292949.story

This title is probably one of the largest bombs in recent memory.

I think this needs to be a HUGE wake up call to the industry and that they need to stop releasing so many big name titles *on the same week*. Alan Wake, Split / Second, RDR, and Prince of Persia all on the same week? That only worked out well for R*.

Wow, Blur is such a amazing game those numbers are pretty sad. I have a feeling it will have great legs and sell well over the months once it has a steady price of $40 or lower.

Really nothing did well outside of Red Dead and Mario Galaxy 2. The previous UFC has much better numbers if I recall.

Maybe the lesson here is don't advertise your competitor's product. Either that or the lesson is to get Kevin Butler to advertise your game if you can.

[quote name='animalspinners']Blur has sold only 31,000 units, I assume in May since the article is talking about May. I also assume that is a combined number on PS3 / 360, since the RDR numbers are combined.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-fi-ct-games-20100702,0,3292949.story

This title is probably one of the largest bombs in recent memory.

I think this needs to be a HUGE wake up call to the industry and that they need to stop releasing so many big name titles *on the same week*. Alan Wake, Split / Second, RDR, and Prince of Persia all on the same week? That only worked out well for R*.[/QUOTE]

Blur and Modnation didnt do well either, and both games got a good number of TV ads. And June would be the ideal month before NCAA, Madden, and Halo in July-August

[quote name='MSUHitman']Nailed the top 5 from the prediction threads on here and Kotaku, just messed up the order of 2-4.[/QUOTE]

I just chewed gum and typed this post at the same time.

Looks like UFC09's success had a lot to do with there not being a decent UFC game in forever. The majority of these people don't seem to feel the need to upgrade after only a year.

It still fared better than Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 though - which pulled in less than 150,000 in its first month, and only the 360 version charted at number 15.

I'm curious about the sales of 3D Dot Game Heroes, and if any of the releases last month were below Dead Space Extraction's 9000.

[quote name='62t']Blur and Modnation didnt do well either, and both games got a good number of TV ads. And June would be the ideal month before NCAA, Madden, and Halo in July-August[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen advertising for Blur, Split/Second, or Mod Nation on TV, and I watch TV a lot.

I really wish the PSP numbers would get split between the 3000 and the Go. Laughing at the Go's sales in Japan are a highlight for me, I'd love to be able to do the same with US figures.

[quote name='Halo05']I really wish the PSP numbers would get split between the 3000 and the Go. Laughing at the Go's sales in Japan are a highlight for me, I'd love to be able to do the same with US figures.[/QUOTE]

Uh... are they not funny enough as it is?

[quote name='life.exe']I haven't seen advertising for Blur, Split/Second, or Mod Nation on TV, and I watch TV a lot.[/QUOTE]

I saw a ton of Blur tv ads. Like, a lot. Prime time, too. They were really trying to sell this.

[quote name='diddy310']
I'm curious about the sales of 3D Dot Game Heroes[/QUOTE]

I am going to wager abysmal. It is a niche game, though, so I guess it's to be expected. I did my part and got a copy.

[quote name='life.exe']I haven't seen advertising for Blur, Split/Second, or Mod Nation on TV, and I watch TV a lot.[/QUOTE]

Well I basically only watch sports but I seen more than a few ads for Blur and Modnation

I think DS sales will continue to slip until they drop the price like Japan and Europe got. That should occur around November. 4 million+ DS December incoming.

bread's done
Back