Maybe moving to... Colorado?

Staind204

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I received an interesting job opportunity out in Colorado Springs. I am currently living in Cleveland and have been from Ohio my whole life (originally from Dayton). If I relocate to Colorado Springs my company will pay for all moving costs. Anyone here from Colorado Springs, if so how do you like it? I think my main reasoning is just to experience a new place and from what I've read the weather is much better. It's always cloudy and dreary here in Cleveland, I saw where Colorado Springs is mostly sunny. I also have really bad allergies so I would think moving out to Colorado would help that a lot! How big of a lifestyle change would it be to move from Ohio to Colorado? Is Colorado really a much more laid back lifestyle?

Not sure about Colorado Springs itself, but I'm on the east coast and I'm going to have an opportunity to move to the Denver area next summer which I think I will take. It's absolutely gorgeous out there (I go 7-8 times per year for work) and they have something like 300 days of sun per year.

All I can say is we're also in Ohio and my husband has an opportunity to transfer to his company's office in Boston, and we are trying to figure out when we want to GTFO of here ASAP. The only problems are me getting enough experience to finally get my CPA license (still need around 4 more months to get my license, provided my old job doesn't refuse to sign that I was employed with them) and the several months we have left on our lease (we can walk away if we pay $2750, or 3 months' rent). Ohio is too laid back for us honestly.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']All I can say is we're also in Ohio and my husband has an opportunity to transfer to his company's office in Boston, and we are trying to figure out when we want to GTFO of here ASAP. The only problems are me getting enough experience to finally get my CPA license (still need around 4 more months to get my license, provided my old job doesn't refuse to sign that I was employed with them) and the several months we have left on our lease (we can walk away if we pay $2750, or 3 months' rent). Ohio is too laid back for us honestly.[/QUOTE]

$916 /month? That seems pretty high. You can get a pretty nice place in Mpls. for about $700/month.

At that price, you might as well be paying for a mortgage.

For the most part we do have wonderful weather here in Colorado. I'm in Centennial, about 20-30 minutes outside of Denver. I'm not really familiar with Colorado Springs, other than passing through it a couple of times.

But we do have a good 300 days of a sun a year. We do get a good amount of snow but it never really sticks around for more than a day or 2 in the Denver area, moutains are obviously a different matter.

If you are into outdoor activities then there is just a ton of stuff for you to.

I would say Colorado is a pretty laid back place to live.

I Live in Colorado and have some friend's who live up in Colorado Springs. For the most part it's more of the rich part of the state, but it's somewhere over an hour away from Denver I want to say. It's nice, but weather wise up there you'll get it more erratic since basically on the mountains so expect more snow.

[quote name='2DMention']$916 /month? That seems pretty high. You can get a pretty nice place in Mpls. for about $700/month.

At that price, you might as well be paying for a mortgage.[/QUOTE]

We were planning on buying a house or condo if we stayed in Ohio, as you are right, a mortgage costs less than what we are paying (it's actually $849 rent a month + $20 pet fee for the actual monthly rent, so they bumped it up a bit for a forfeiture fee). Most apartments in Ohio are cheaper than ours, we are actually in a "luxury" community that we were willing to pay for for a few years since it was right next to my husband's work and the customer service from management is excellent.

Since we plan on moving to MA, housing is a lot more expensive there (we are interested in a place that is $1100/mo for a 900 sq ft 1 br), and we're going to wait to buy a condo or house until we are sure we are staying.

bread's done
Back