McDonalds & Fandago.com $1 movie theater ticket promo - 1st come 1st serve

doraemonkerpal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
http://www.fandango.com/bizdevsales/templates/Template1.aspx?pname=mcdonalds

Every Wednesday between November 21st and December 26th, McDonald's is giving away over 8,000 $1 movie tickets, courtesy of McDonald’s Dollar Menu!
Here's how it works:
  1. Every Wednesday night, we will post the new "Word of the Week" on this page at 10am (PST).
  2. When you see the McDonald’s Dollar Menunaire Word of the Week, text the word to "FNDGO" (36346).
  3. If you are one of the first lucky people to send in your message, we will send you a promotion code valid for one ticket at $1, courtesy of McDonald’s Dollar Menu. If you are not fast enough, keep trying every Wednesday through December 26th for your chance for a $1 movie ticket.
*Offer Subject to limited availability. Limit 1 promotion code per phone number, per week. Promotional pricing expires March 1, 2008. By participating in this promotion you are automatically opting in for free Fandango Mobile Movie Alerts. To unsubscribe at anytime, text END to FNDGO (36346). Standard text messaging rates apply.

11/28/07

This week's Dollar Menunaire Word of the Week is:
FRIES
Text to FNDGO (36346) now!

12/5/07

BURGER

12/12/07

MCCHICKEN

12/19/07

SUNDAE

12/26/07

SALAD

This is the last week for the promotion. Congrats to everybody who was able to get in on it!

Awesome, just got one. Been wanting to go see No Country for Old Men for a while now. Thanks OP.

Edit: Either I'm blind and/or retarded, where do I redeem my code? Do I need to make an account?

[quote name='Fuzi0n']Edit: Either I'm blind and/or retarded, where do I redeem my code? Do I need to make an account?[/quote]

Yes, make an account on fandango.com and use the promo code to get your movie ticket for a buck :)

The details should be in the txt message they sent to you. Also, don't forget to opt out of their "movie alerts".

Additional Info:

Codes given thus far are valid through 3/1/08.

Reports are that the codes work on IMAX movie tickets as well.

Wow. I thought it would be dead by 12 but I just got mine. Awesome, i'll be back every week.

Looks like they're gone now, just tried to get one for my mom's phone.

What do I do after I text it? The text I got from them doesn't have a code or anything, it just says to use on fandango.com for a $1 ticket. Does that mean I didn't get it?

I've tried entering the code on my g/f's phone but we're on a shared plan and I think that you can only get one code per phone plan b/c I got one but 10 seconds later after sending the same text on her phone it came back that you can only have one per phone.

Otherwise, it's a pretty sweet deal.

[quote name='whoknows']What do I do after I text it? The text I got from them doesn't have a code or anything, it just says to use on fandango.com for a $1 ticket. Does that mean I didn't get it?[/quote]
From my understanding, this means you got in and the code should be in the text message they sent to you. It will look like GBNH-HB315J-BCNE (not a real code, I typed in random words to show you what it would look like). The word is still up on the website though which means it's still active. Kinda surprising considering the first week I tried (I missed the very first week of the promo), it ran out in thirty minutes, and then 20 minutes the week after that. It's already been 50 minutes and apparently there are still codes available :)

[quote name='whoknows']It actually says "Use on Fandango.com to redeem your $1 tix." No code though. Kinda weird[/quote]
Odd. Peeps on SD are saying the same thing too. I'm guessing they ran out or it's just a stupid glitch in the system (unlucky for you guys). :bomb:

Here is what it says on mine for future reference.

"From: 363-46
McDonald's is taking you to the movies for $1! Use GCGF-14AE8BB-158M (not a real code, random numbers/letters) on www.fandango.com to redeem your $1 tix. Expires 3/1/08. Text END to FNDGO to unsubscribe."

Better luck next week guys.

[quote name='whoknows']Damn, I wanted it for I Am Legend :p[/quote]

Did you get another text with the code? A lot of people from SD are saying they received another text a few hours later with the $1 code. I hope everybody who got the winning text w/o the code were sent another one. :lol:

code was dead within 8 mins of 3est time

fastest the code was gone.

didnt get any this week forgot all about it : (

still sitting on 5 codes though : )

Folks on SD are speculating the word of the week to be "Salad". I have no reason to doubt them since they guessed the correct word early last week too. Get your phones ready hehe.

*bump*

The word is indeed SALAD

This is the last week for the promotion. Congrats to those who were able to take advantage of it. $1 movie tickets for the CAGs woot!

Btw, since this is the last week of the promo, don't forget to text END to 36346 to be removed from their text messaging spam.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']*bump*

The word is indeed SALAD

This is the last week for the promotion. Congrats to those who were able to take advantage of it. $1 movie tickets for the CAGs woot!

Btw, since this is the last week of the promo, don't forget to text END to 36346 to be removed from their text messaging spam.[/QUOTE]

i never got any text messages from them. ended up with 6 codes in all the weeks.

family will probally use all 6 and go see colverfield or whatever its called LOL

bread's done
Back