McDonalds Monopoly promo - win Best Buy bucks!

FlashStash

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I was just there at lunch. On a large fries and their new chicken sandwiches, you get a Best Buy buck (worth $1 at Best Buy) guaranteed with a 1 in 3 chance of getting a $3 piece. You can use these in-store and online. You can only use up to $3 worth on a CD or DVD, but you should be able to use as many as you want on games. I ordered a large chicken sandwich meal and ended up with 2 $3 bucks and a free sandwich. Good luck!

EDIT:

HEre are the official redemption rules. Other than the $300 limit per visit, I see nothing in here that would prevent you from stacking them on games.

FS

Best Buy Bucks.
To redeem Best Buy Bucks at a Best Buy retail location: To use toward the purchase of Best Buy merchandise in store, present to the Best Buy cashier at the beginning of the transaction. Limit of $3 in Best Buy Bucks may be used toward the purchase of any single CD or DVD. Limit of $300 in Best Buy Bucks may be redeemed per customer per store visit (all visits to stores in the same day are deemed a single "visit"). Limit 3 of any 1 CD, DVD or video game title per store visit. Identification may be required when $75 or more in Best Buy Bucks are presented for redemption. Value of Best Buy Bucks is doubled for the purchase of Geek Squad® computer services (In-Store or In-Home) when the transaction takes place in Best Buy stores only. Total purchase amount of merchandise (before taxes) must be equal to or greater than the cumulative total of Best Buy Bucks redeemed. Cannot redeem a Best Buy Buck for partial value.

To redeem Best Buy Bucks at BestBuy.com: To use toward the purchase of Best Buy merchandise online, visit BestBuy.com and follow the instructions during the online checkout process to enter the BestBuy.com promotional code found on your Best Buy Buck. Limit of $3 in Best Buy Bucks may be used toward the purchase of any single CD or DVD. Limit of 40 promotional codes of any kind may be redeemed per online order. Limit of $300 in Best Buy Bucks may be redeemed online per customer per day. Limit 3 of any 1 CD, DVD or video game title per customer per day. Valid major credit card required for online purchases. If the purchase is not authorized by credit card company, purchase will be cancelled and all Best Buy Bucks redeemed during such transaction will be forfeited. If the total purchase amount is less than the total value of the promotional codes you enter, the balance will be forfeited.

Best Buy Buck Terms & Conditions: Best Buy Bucks are valid for one-time use only and must be used only during normal hours of operation in Best Buy stores located in the U.S. between 10/4/05 and 12/3/05 OR at BestBuy.com between 12:00:01 a.m. (CT) 10/4/05 and 11:59:59 p.m. (CT) 12/3/05. Best Buy Bucks may be combined and the cumulative total will be subtracted from total purchase amount of merchandise before the calculation of sales and similar taxes. To complete the transaction, you will be responsible for paying any amount owed after the redemption of Best Buy Bucks. If the transaction is cancelled or merchandise is returned for any reason, all Best Buy Bucks redeemed during such transaction will be forfeited. Cannot be used toward purchase of certain products and services, including but not limited to, Best Buy Gift Cards, video game hardware, Bose® audio products, DIRECTV service, Apple® products, satellite radio service, Cinema Systems, pay-as-you-go wireless phones, HP ink and paper, taxes, state fees, installation fees, third-party purchases, special order items, Performance Service Plans, and Product Replacement Plans. Quantity limits may apply. Cannot be redeemed for cash. Cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Not valid on prior purchases or as payment on your Best Buy credit card. Not good in combination with any other coupons or offers. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. No dealers. No copies accepted. Cash value is 1/100th of 1 cent. Best Buy and McDonald's employees are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the 2005 Monopoly Best Chance Game 3.0 at McDonald's (see Official Rules for more eligibility details). Any misuse or suspected fraudulent use will void Best Buy Bucks. Subject to Official Rules available at www.mcdonalds.com or www.bestbuy.com.

FS

Thanks! I hope it's not just available on fries. Just when I've been trying to cut back on fast food, they do this! :) At least when you buy a salad this month there's a chance to win a vacation to Walt Disney World.

[quote name='spideymike']Thanks! I hope it's not just available on fries. Just when I've been trying to cut back on fast food, they do this! :) At least when you buy a salad this month there's a chance to win a vacation to Walt Disney World.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it's just on fries and the new chicken sandwiches, but the new chicken sandwiches are pretty good, and you can get them with grilled chicken, so you can stick to the diet and still participate! :)

FS

How much do Large Fries cost? It seems that unless you are already eating fast food (and even more than fast food, since McDonalds cannot in any way be described as not being poison.), it really wouldnt be worth it.

If Fries cost $1 and your chances are 1 in 3 for winning $3, then its like winning $1 in the scratch of lottery, you're just back at even.

[quote name='pop311']Now Noobs are going to be asking for these for free, just like with the Xbox 360 caps and shit[/QUOTE]

can i get some fries?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']How much do Large Fries cost? It seems that unless you are already eating fast food (and even more than fast food, since McDonalds cannot in any way be described as not being poison.), it really wouldnt be worth it.

If Fries cost $1 and your chances are 1 in 3 for winning $3, then its like winning $1 in the scratch of lottery, you're just back at even.[/QUOTE]

Unless your still young and your parents buy the food, then it is all profit. :)

[quote name='joey12169']I got a medium coke and there were two stickers on it[/QUOTE]

Those are stickers for the Monopoly game...the Best Buy bucks are only on large drinks and premium chicken sandwiches.

FS

Last year they were not stackable on games, CDs, or DVDs. They were stackable on more expensive items such as TVs, but not game systems I don't think. The first they did this promotion you could use as many as you wanted on anything. I work at McDs and I got a free Gamecube the first year because of the Best Buy bucks. It was great. But some asshat had to ruin that because a couple McDs delivery trucks were robbed.

Last year, I was able to stack all of my BB bucks. That sucks that you can only use $3 worth on Cds.

Best Buy Buck Terms & Conditions: Best Buy Bucks are valid for one-time use only and must be used only during normal hours of operation in Best Buy stores located in the U.S. between 10/4/05 and 12/3/05 OR at BestBuy.com between 12:00:01 a.m. (CT) 10/4/05 and 11:59:59 p.m. (CT) 12/3/05. Best Buy Bucks may be combined and the cumulative total will be subtracted from total purchase amount of merchandise before the calculation of sales and similar taxes. To complete the transaction, you will be responsible for paying any amount owed after the redemption of Best Buy Bucks. If the transaction is cancelled or merchandise is returned for any reason, all Best Buy Bucks redeemed during such transaction will be forfeited. Cannot be used toward purchase of certain products and services, including but not limited to, Best Buy Gift Cards, video game hardware, Bose® audio products, DIRECTV service, Apple® products, satellite radio service, Cinema Systems, pay-as-you-go wireless phones, HP ink and paper, taxes, state fees, installation fees, third-party purchases, special order items, Performance Service Plans, and Product Replacement Plans. Quantity limits may apply. Cannot be redeemed for cash. Cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Not valid on prior purchases or as payment on your Best Buy credit card. Not good in combination with any other coupons or offers. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. No dealers. No copies accepted. Cash value is 1/100th of 1 cent. Best Buy and McDonald's employees are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the 2005 Monopoly Best Chance Game 3.0 at McDonald's (see Official Rules for more eligibility details). Any misuse or suspected fraudulent use will void Best Buy Bucks. Subject to Official Rules available at www.mcdonalds.com or www.bestbuy.com.

Looks like you can, indeed, stack 'em to buy all the games and cds you want. Just not the game hardware. I wonder if they mean accessories, too. Probably....

I was able to stack mine on games, but last year was killer to my diet... I lost about 20 lbs last year but dealt with eating mcdonalds for lunch for bestbuy bucks and later burger king for the star wars toys.

Its grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo for me ;) 420 calories..hopefully that's with mayo included.

A few other items, like the big breakfast, shakes, and 10 piece chicken strips push 1200 calories!!! thats in addition to a drink and fries.

[quote name='Darkpaul']

Looks like you can, indeed, stack 'em to buy all the games and cds you want. Just not the game hardware. I wonder if they mean accessories, too. Probably....[/QUOTE]

You missed this part:

Limit of $3 in Best Buy Bucks may be used toward the purchase of any single CD or DVD.

I posted the entire rules and regs in the first post of this thread.

FS

Oops, sorry. Well, that's weird. I just copied and pasted from their own website. Oh, fuck it, I'm always wrong....

Just wanted to point this out:

"If the transaction is cancelled or merchandise is returned for any reason, all Best Buy Bucks redeemed during such transaction will be forfeited."

And also, before anyone asks (and I know someone will .. probably even with my explanation here) .. NO, you wont be allowed to use Best Buy Bucks w/ the ps2 coupons.

"Not good in combination with any other coupons or offers."

Now if you can use it with the Gamer's Gift Card that's a different question altogether. I'd assume thats a YMMV on that.

I read the rules on the little board strip and it says only 1 $1 or 1 $3 can be used per CD, DVD, and Video Game. I dont belive that these will be stackable.

[quote name='Maklershed']Just wanted to point this out:

"If the transaction is cancelled or merchandise is returned for any reason, all Best Buy Bucks redeemed during such transaction will be forfeited."

And also, before anyone asks (and I know someone will .. probably even with my explanation here) .. NO, you wont be allowed to use Best Buy Bucks w/ the ps2 coupons.

"Not good in combination with any other coupons or offers."

Now if you can use it with the Gamer's Gift Card that's a different question altogether. I'd assume thats a YMMV on that.[/QUOTE]

The GGC is a coupon.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I read the rules on the little board strip and it says only 1 $1 or 1 $3 can be used per CD, DVD, and Video Game. I dont belive that these will be stackable.[/QUOTE]

It does not say that, and that's not in the official rules. It says, on the strip (i have it right in front of me)...

Limit of $3 in Best Buy Bucks on any single CD and DVD.

There is no mention of games.

FS

[quote name='Theenternal']I was able to stack mine on games, but last year was killer to my diet... I lost about 20 lbs last year but dealt with eating mcdonalds for lunch for bestbuy bucks and later burger king for the star wars toys.

Its grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo for me ;) 420 calories..hopefully that's with mayo included.

A few other items, like the big breakfast, shakes, and 10 piece chicken strips push 1200 calories!!! thats in addition to a drink and fries.[/QUOTE]

So did u count the Sodium/Cholestral/Fat intake? I dont think so.

Just so people know, they can be combined with RZ certs. RZ certs aren't coupons as such, and they're considered to be payment.

GGC coupons (& other coupons) & RZ certs can be combined on the same transaction. Same would go for McD bucks & RZ certs.

GGC + McD's bucks is a YMMV thing, since as soon as you put in a coupon, only additional coupons of the exact same type, such as additional GGC's or McD bucks, would work. The register auto-neuters any other coupons. Normally, a cashier will just do a manual override on the part that isn't working and put the yellow receipt in there for the transaction. Doesn't always happen, though again, it's YMMV on it working, since it's not supposed to stack.

can i use these things on an ipod? cuz i already have some best buy gift cards so would i be able to use a bunch of these on an ipod

on another note, does mcdonalds still do 99 cents chicken nuggets? if so im there tonight!

[quote name='FlashStash']It does not say that, and that's not in the official rules. It says, on the strip (i have it right in front of me)...

Limit of $3 in Best Buy Bucks on any single CD and DVD.

There is no mention of games.

FS[/QUOTE]

Actually I just got back from McDonalds and checked out the rules on the board. It DOES mention video games.

The restriction is: YOU CAN'T USE YOUR BB BUCKS ON MORE THAN 3 of the following: CD, DVD, Videogame PER VISIT.

This means that you can't stash $100 in BB bucks and use them on 3 DVDS and 1 game for example. You'd only be able to use them on 2 DVDs and 1 game or just 3 DVDs. On the next visit you can do 3 more all over again.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']How much do Large Fries cost? It seems that unless you are already eating fast food (and even more than fast food, since McDonalds cannot in any way be described as not being poison.), it really wouldnt be worth it.

If Fries cost $1 and your chances are 1 in 3 for winning $3, then its like winning $1 in the scratch of lottery, you're just back at even.[/QUOTE]

we got 4 fries so far today and all got 1 buck so i wouldnt say Your going to get a 3 buck BB on every 3rd item you buy.

The other day I said to myself "no more fast food for at least two weeks." Looks like I'm abandoning that idea.

I still don't understand the rules on video games but okay. If I missed the following in this thread please ignore.

If you send a (handwritten) SASE to McDonalds you get a best buy buck thing (either $1 or $3) WITH the two game pieces. You can do this as many times as you want. So $.7X = $1+ in value at BB + game pieces.

What stopped me from doing this a hundred times was the fact that I didn't know whether video games would be restricted. It looks like they will be. So...no real point in doing that unless you want to be thrifty (get your CDs and DVDs $3 off) or you don't want to get fat by buying food to get pieces.

Of course then you'd get all the coupons for free food to make you even fatter! I dunno.

Somebody should post all the relevant mailing info if it hasn't already been posted. I am lazy/tired.

Hmm,. cheaper video games....or not dying a bloated fast food fueled McDeath......I think I'm gonna go with no McDeath myself.

What a perfect tool for them to keep us fat and lazy and to keep our minds off the real occurings going on around the world. The New World Order has struck again!

[quote name='gopro']So did u count the Sodium/Cholestral/Fat intake? I dont think so.[/QUOTE] as a matter of fact I did take a look at it.

Calories 410 Calories from Fat 80
% DV*
Total Fat 9g 14%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 80mg 27%
Sodium 1210mg 50%
Total Carbohydrate 52g 17%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 12g
Protein 32g 49%

The first two are not a prob for me. The 2nd is fine as long as my calorie count or sugar count is low. and I get them without the mayonaise. Soooo :p

anyways,
I went with my nephew, we spent 13.35 for two supersized value meals... we got 10 dollars in best buy dollars, a free mcflurry and a free large sandwhich. We played the online game a little maybe we'll get something there too.

It sounds like they are putting the $3 Best Buy bucks on the Premium Chicken Sandwiches since those are more expensive.

I'm not going out of my way to stop at McDonald's because of this promotion (I usually eat McDonald's about once a week so I'll probably get game pieces then), but I bought a book (20) of stamps today to send away for game pieces.

Well, that sucks that only $3 is usable on a DVD or CD. But if you can use more on a game or something else, that's awesome.

I already won $8, just from two large fry boxes. I need an mp3 player, or maybe I'll save towards Burnout Revenge or something.

[quote name='Theenternal']
anyways,
I went with my nephew, we spent 13.35 for two supersized value meals... we got 10 dollars in best buy dollars, a free mcflurry and a free large sandwhich. We played the online game a little maybe we'll get something there too.[/QUOTE]

They still have the supersize option in your area? I haven't seen it at a McDonald's in months. I hate how they got rid of it because when I get McDonald's, I usually go with 2 other people and we always used to get a supersized fry and split it (cheaper than buying 3 individual servings of fries). Now we can't do that anymore.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They still have the supersize option in your area? I haven't seen it at a McDonald's in months. I hate how they got rid of it because when I get McDonald's, I usually go with 2 other people and we always used to get a supersized fry and split it (cheaper than buying 3 individual servings of fries). Now we can't do that anymore.[/QUOTE]

Supersize is only in certain markets... just as certain regions have their own special hamburgers and/or menu items.

That sucks, I wonder why they got rid of it in some areas. I know my area isn't the greatest for items like that though since in the southern states, I have seen 4 piece McNuggets on the Dollar Menu but they don't have them in my area (other than in a Happy Meal).

[quote name='YoshiFan1']That sucks, I wonder why they got rid of it in some areas. I know my area isn't the greatest for items like that though since in the southern states, I have seen 4 piece McNuggets on the Dollar Menu but they don't have them in my area (other than in a Happy Meal).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd like the McNuggets on the Dollar Menu. Also, some areas still have the Any Size Fry for $1 special, which works great for this promo.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They still have the supersize option in your area? I haven't seen it at a McDonald's in months. I hate how they got rid of it because when I get McDonald's, I usually go with 2 other people and we always used to get a supersized fry and split it (cheaper than buying 3 individual servings of fries). Now we can't do that anymore.[/QUOTE]

I know at least one of the Mcdonalds in town stopped doing the super size. which is now called like Value size or Extra size ..something like that. Its 69 cents opposed to the 39 that I remember several years ago.

But most popular mc'ds here which is right by campus still does the up sizing.

For the ratio theory. I had (2) 3 dollars on both sandwiches and (1) 3 dollar on a fry. and the remaining 1 dollar on the other fry.

I would like to just stop, while im sort of ahead ;)...but the online game is appealing...last year's online game was just horrible. I can still remember the "doubles" sound...and the "da da bop bah bah"

[quote name='wildnuts02']Actually I just got back from McDonalds and checked out the rules on the board. It DOES mention video games.

The restriction is: YOU CAN'T USE YOUR BB BUCKS ON MORE THAN 3 of the following: CD, DVD, Videogame PER VISIT.

This means that you can't stash $100 in BB bucks and use them on 3 DVDS and 1 game for example. You'd only be able to use them on 2 DVDs and 1 game or just 3 DVDs. On the next visit you can do 3 more all over again.[/QUOTE]

Actually I think the rules are referring to 3 copies of the same title.

Here's a link to the rules on the Best Buy site:
http://tinyurl.com/a7a3g

"Limit 3 of any 1 CD, DVD or video game title per customer per day."

Other rules of note (in a CAG-sense) include:

"Limit of 40 promotional codes of any kind per online order. Valid major credit card required for online order."

"Limit of $300 in Best Buy Bucks™ redeemed per customer per day."

"Identification may be required for redemption of $75 or more."

That last one sounds like they want to keep track of potential abuse, but who knows which stores will enforce it.

[quote name='dfg']Actually I think the rules are referring to 3 copies of the same title.

Here's a link to the rules on the Best Buy site:
http://tinyurl.com/a7a3g

"Limit 3 of any 1 CD, DVD or video game title per customer per day."

Other rules of note (in a CAG-sense) include:

"Limit of 40 promotional codes of any kind per online order. Valid major credit card required for online order."

"Limit of $300 in Best Buy Bucks™ redeemed per customer per day."

"Identification may be required for redemption of $75 or more."

That last one sounds like they want to keep track of potential abuse, but who knows which stores will enforce it.[/QUOTE]

Well..maybe i shouldnt say this..but the upc bars and matching codes appear to be all the same. 2 types of UPC 1/3 dollar.

Only the online codes at the bottom are different....so this may possibly be abused in the beginning if the checkout people are not told to check for different numbers.

Personally I get more from the fries than the scratch ticket. But that's only because I eat the fries. I never could handle the taste of a scratch ticket.

[quote name='dragonpancakes']Personally I get more from the fries than the scratch ticket. But that's only because I eat the fries. I never could handle the taste of a scratch ticket.[/QUOTE]

if they had the 1 dollar fries here. I would seriously drop a lot of money on it.

Netting the +3 dollars on an avg of every 3. In addition to the extra prizes + game pieces.

And I would save the bb dollars for black friday, or a decent vg deal.

Large fry is the cheapest thing to get in fort wayne with the tickets so you can say your risking

1.60 for either 1 bucks or 3 bucks

so far got 5 fries and everyone has been a buck... going to get 2 more today... Someone told me most of the 3 bucks are on the chickens

bread's done
Back