McD's monopoly starts soon

tamno1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Mickey D will run their monopoly promotion pretty soon. I remember it'll start in the first week of October. Forgot the exact day. I think it's the 5th. I work for Ronald McDonald. Just wanna give a heads up to everybody.

[quote name='gjb-sensei']Nice, but this isn't really a video game deal...[/quote]

It is if you follow the stereotype that most gamers are fat who always like to eat @ mickey D's. Good find Bro! :applause:

[quote name='tamno1']Mickey D will run their monopoly promotion pretty soon. I remember it'll start in the first week of October. Forgot the exact day. I think it's the 5th. I work for Ronald McDonald. Just wanna give a heads up to everybody.[/quote]

Awesome...time for me to start stealing stickers from work again.

on the last Monopoly I sent in about 25 SASE and got back enough BB bucks to buy Guitar Hero the day it came out. I did run into some opposition, but I had the rules saved as an image on my PSP and showed the manager the fine print. ^^

[quote name='lupinckc']on the last Monopoly I sent in about 25 SASE and got back enough BB bucks to buy Guitar Hero the day it came out. I did run into some opposition, but I had the rules saved as an image on my PSP and showed the manager the fine print. ^^[/QUOTE]

SASE?

[quote name='lupinckc']on the last Monopoly I sent in about 25 SASE and got back enough BB bucks to buy Guitar Hero the day it came out.[/quote] I feel silly having to ask this but I've never done it before and really want to score on the BBBux from McD's this year. So correct me if I'm wrong here:

When you send out a SASE, you're putting a stamped envelope addressed to yourself inside of another envelope which you also stamp and mail to whoever it's supposed to go to? In other words 1 SASE = 2 envelopes + 2 stamps

Right?

I eat more McDonald's during the the Monopoly game than any other time of the year. It would be nice if they put game stamps on the salads as well.

Ah, more opportunities to bitch to my local BB when they try to put some bullshit limit on it when I buy something. I had to read word for word the rules last time to the manager, was damn easier just ordering it online for in-store pickup.

This time I'll try the SASE route, I'll probably do 25 or so. Hell, I'm going to be eating a shitload of large fries for the next month or so, that's what I did last year.

Hopefully I won't spend all my BB Bucks on World of Warcraft shit.

[quote name='avatar94']I feel silly having to ask this but I've never done it before and really want to score on the BBBux from McD's this year. So correct me if I'm wrong here:

When you send out a SASE, you're putting a stamped envelope addressed to yourself inside of another envelope which you also stamp and mail to whoever it's supposed to go to? In other words 1 SASE = 2 envelopes + 2 stamps

Right?[/QUOTE]Yes, you've got it right Avatar94.

I have a question now. I didn't really pay much attention to this promotion last time- was there actually a limit on games with the BB bucks, or were they just trying to not honor their own rules?

Oh, and one more. When you send in a SASE, are you specifically asking for BB bucks, or is there a chance you'll just get back some Marvin Gardens or other monopoly stamps?

Someone will have to walk me throught the SASE process. I remember reading a bit about it last year, but then again, it's been a year.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Someone will have to walk me throught the SASE process. I remember reading a bit about it last year, but then again, it's been a year.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know as well seeing as how McD's is only including them on sandwiches. Also from the small text the BB Bucks will only be on their expensive ass Premium Chicken Sandwiches and Chicken Selects. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have an account with snapfish and when I signed up and ever so often I get an email about 20 free prints. So the Snapfish prize sucks.

[quote name='Jeoff']If you want BB bucks send SASEs. Don't ruin your health buying poison sandwiches.[/QUOTE]

nott sure if its worth the time/effort to just get back 50 cents on every one you send in... Since mcd's changed them to 1 dollar and not 3 now, and the cost of stamp, envelopes, paper would be around 50.

True. You'd pretty much be paying $1 (or a little less) for $1 in BB bucks and a game piece. Not worth playing the game at all really.

[quote name='Jeoff']True. You'd pretty much be paying $1 (or a little less) for $1 in BB bucks and a game piece. Not worth playing the game at all really.[/QUOTE]

its 78 cents not counting the evnlope cost.

if the avg hangs if you sent in 100 entries you will get around 132 bucks

so 80 bucks in cash for 132 Best buy cash and that is if you hit the avg 1 in 12 = 5 bucks

put it this way

85 bucks in real cash to get 100 best buy bucks at least

im doing 100 at most this year (going to do them all this weekend)

i heard from a confirm source Best buy will NOT be back next year

Are they going to be sending out these things in newspapers, like they used to?

Can I get myself some free ones easilly, though a little dumpster diving?

^ I don't think they are going to put it in the newspaper. They haven't done it in years because people were stealing them out of newspapers.

This year there is NO limit on videogames like last year (well there wasn't a limit last year either but most stores acted like there was). They even made a point to show in the rules that it says the $3 limit on CD's and DVD's does not apply to video games or computer software.

I have about 25 SASE's done so far, I plan to send in about 100. I figure that I am spending $0.82 for each SASE (with envelopes and postage) and will get at least $1.xx back (with the average including $5 pieces) and will get some free food and the chance of winning a prize.

I am tempted to send away enough for the Wii but I'm afraid that the site might not allow it (rules say you can't buy video game systems but BestBuy.com allowed it last year). Plus you would have to use all $5 codes and then still only get $200 off since you can only use 40 codes online.

I also hope the restriction on DVD's and CD's does not apply online as it did not last year.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']^ I don't think they are going to put it in the newspaper. They haven't done it in years because people were stealing them out of newspapers.

This year there is NO limit on videogames like last year (well there wasn't a limit last year either but most stores acted like there was). They even made a point to show in the rules that it says the $3 limit on CD's and DVD's does not apply to video games or computer software.

I have about 25 SASE's done so far, I plan to send in about 100. I figure that I am spending $0.82 for each SASE (with envelopes and postage) and will get at least $1.xx back (with the average including $5 pieces) and will get some free food and the chance of winning a prize.

I am tempted to send away enough for the Wii but I'm afraid that the site might not allow it (rules say you can't buy video game systems but BestBuy.com allowed it last year). Plus you would have to use all $5 codes and then still only get $200 off since you can only use 40 codes online.

I also hope the restriction on DVD's and CD's does not apply online as it did not last year.[/QUOTE]

you could not buy video game hardwere last year on best buy . com it was a bug that Made the 3 buck pieces work But not the 1 buck ones.

you could got free DVD movies using the 3 buck coupons as well

doubt ful it will work this year. i got 100 going in the mail Monday that is all im doing since

1 the prizes suck
2 the prizes suck
and
finall
the prizes suck

[quote name='slidecage']HERE YOU GO

http://monopoly.promotions.com/monopoly06/rules.do?page=earlyflash.html

its not worth playing this year

1 in 12 are 5 buck rest are 1 buck

very few online prizes (all junk just ringtones and snapfish)

they limited it to 200 bucks per day you could spend (down from 300)

and the only way to get Best buy bucks is sending request by mail or BUYING SANDWICHES (no best buy bucks on pops or Fries this year)[/QUOTE]

This was a deal breaker for me... not on fries / soda completely sucks ass.

Where did you find this out? Best Buy or someone must have complained about the BBB last year because they've basacially neutered it now... it's not nearly as easy to get them.

Shit, I remember last year just getting a Large Fry every so often and usually getting $2, $4, hell sometimes $6 BBB... those were the days.

Tuesday. The game starts Tuesday and I don't want to take any chances with them rejecting my entries because it's postmarked earlier than that.

I really want to use a printer for the outer envelopes but I don't want to take any chances so I am hand writing all my entries.

Shit, I wish they would put them on salads and actual healthy stuff. I remember force-feeding myself fries last year...yikes

[quote name='2Fast']Shit, I wish they would put them on salads and actual healthy stuff. I remember force-feeding myself fries last year...yikes[/quote]Actually their Premium Salads (w/ dressing) has more fat that a Big Mac and just as much calories. Bleh

Also, when writing the SASE address, I am confused on which word go on which line. Could some one so me an example of how it should look on the envelope?

Yeah, the dressing with the salad is full of fat. A full package of Caesar dressing is 16 grams of fat. A double hamburger has about the same amount of fat (which is what I'd rather have)

Monpoly 2006 game at Mc Donald's
game piece request
P.O. Box (# here)
strongsville, oh, zip code

Fat isn't the enemy. You actually need plenty of it for your body to run properly. It's empty calories like carbs that you have to worry about.

But yeah, McDonald's tends to ruin healthy things. For example, I don't know if they still have it, but they had this fruit salad, and they fuck it up by giving you CANDIED nuts with it. Regular nuts would be great and add some protein and fiber, but they just throw candy on it.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Yeah, the dressing with the salad is full of fat. A full package of Caesar dressing is 16 grams of fat. A double hamburger has about the same amount of fat (which is what I'd rather have)

Monpoly 2006 game at Mc Donald's
game piece request
P.O. Box (# here)
strongsville, oh, zip code[/quote]thank you. Also, (sorry for so many questions) are you guys sending all your SASE's on the same day?

Yeah, I'm sending them all on Tuesday. I don't want to get back a copy of the rules and only 2 game stamps (and no BBB piece) like I did on a few entries last year when they ran out (some people on SlickDeals are sending in 5000!)

Another question (what a surprise) do you guys put the envelope w/ your address on it in a bigger envelope or fold it in half and put it in the same size envelope?
Also is there any place to get stamps fo rless that $0.39 a pop?

I bought #10 size for the outer envelope and #6 size for the inner with my address on it. The #6 fits in the #10 envelope without having to be folded. Target has the #6 size 100 pack for $0.94 Mead brand and #10 size 50 pack Mead for the same price.

The only way to get stamps for less is on EBay which is kind of risky and at this point it's kind of late.

How do you think all the letters get a filled? Just a huge conveyer belt with 100's of people siitting around it taking and filler letters?

[quote name='pop311']How do you think all the letters get a filled? Just a huge conveyer belt with 100's of people siitting around it taking and filler letters?[/QUOTE]

with turnaround last year of 2 to 4 weeks i wouldnt be shocked if it was 1 or two people filling these. I highly doubt its 100s

Without Purchase. To request a Game Piece without making a purchase at McDonald's, persons in the United States, Guam, Saipan and American Samoa may mail a Self-Addressed, Stamped Envelope (SASE) with sufficient postage and their return address (name, street address, city, state, country, and zip code) legibly printed thereon to: MONOPOLY® 2006 Game at McDonald's, Game Piece Request, P.O. Box 49434, Strongsville, OH 44149. Vermont residents with a return address located in Vermont may omit return postage. DO NOT SEND POTENTIAL WINNING GAME STAMPS, COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS TO THIS ADDRESS. Each request must be mailed in a separate outer envelope. Requests that are sent in business reply envelopes, that are photocopied, mechanically reproduced or not mailed in separate outer envelopes will NOT be honored. The return address and SASE mailing address must be the same address or the request will NOT be honored. One (1) Game Piece and one (1) Chance Piece will be mailed in response to each request, while supplies last. Mail-in requests must be postmarked no later than October 30, 2006, and received no later than November 6, 2006. If the Game runs long in restaurants, these dates are subject to a corresponding extension.

I wonder... could I simply create 50 SASEs, and then wrap them together, with a strip of paper, and address it to this address? They wouldn't all be in an "envelope," so maybe they would honour it.

Also, maybe I could stuff a box full of envelopes, and save on postage that way.

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']I wonder... could I simply create 50 SASEs, and then wrap them together, with a strip of paper, and address it to this address? They wouldn't all be in an "envelope," so maybe they would honour it.

Also, maybe I could stuff a box full of envelopes, and save on postage that way.[/QUOTE]

first it would never work since they would all be ripped apart when they go though the sorting machine at the post office. also each request needs an

Inner and outer envelope.

i got my 100 return ones done last night. Got to do my 100 outer ones tonight and get them in the mail tomorrow.

I cant belive there are people who say they are still doing 1000 to 2000 over on fatwallet with no chance of a major profit

1. small prizes
2 cant sell pieces on ebay any longer

it was good while it lasted ( i knew someone back in 2004 turned 2000 bucks in stamps into almost 20000 bucks )

[quote name='slidecage']first it would never work since they would all be ripped apart when they go though the sorting machine at the post office. also each request needs an

Inner and outer envelope.

i got my 100 return ones done last night. Got to do my 100 outer ones tonight and get them in the mail tomorrow.

I cant belive there are people who say they are still doing 1000 to 2000 over on fatwallet with no chance of a major profit

1. small prizes
2 cant sell pieces on ebay any longer

it was good while it lasted ( i knew someone back in 2004 turned 2000 bucks in stamps into almost 20000 bucks )[/quote]How do you get so many done in 1 night?

bread's done
Back