MCU Discussion - Did You Just Send Nick Fury to Voicemail?! *spoilers*

Good news from yesterday. Sony and Marvel are partnering for at least two more films: one Spider-Man solo film, and one Marvel Studios crossover film.

If things fall apart after that, we should at least get a decent conclusion to his arc in the MCU rather than how abrupt it would have been to have him leave after far From Home set so much stuff up.
Great news. I'm really hoping they use the multiverse and Spider-Verse stuff to do some good fan service. I'd love if they got Toby and Andrew Garfield back, even if it was just for a silly cameo, and this might allow Venom to be on-screen with Tom Holland without making him a full presence in the MCU. Lots of possibilities, especially since the next Dr. Strange film is very clearly about the multi-verse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxAtuMu_ph4

Looks good. I really like David Harbour, and had no idea he was in this until now.
Yeah... I'll be watching this on the big screen for sure

I just got around to watching End Game this past weekend... avoided all spoilers for this long :) Did the same for Infinity War as well, but I must say the movies were masterfully done. I really enjoyed Thanos, so much so, that I first cut off the movie when he got beheaded in the first part. My brother talked me into finishing up, and I wasn't disappointed at all.

Now... I haven't seen Civil War or Age of Ultron yet... are those must watch movies? I've seen all the rest of the MCU movies, save for The two Spiderman ones which will go down this weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
Civil War is pretty good. Age of Ultron isn't great.
Agreed, and I'd recommend watching them in order of release. After the 1st Avengers movie, every film builds off the plot from the last one, and the stories are less self-contained. I think Civil War would still be fun to watch without seeing Ultron, but the extra background goes a long way.

I was super fucking bummed to hear the news about Chadwick Boseman as I left work late last night. Black Panther actually came out on my birthday and that made that one feel extra special. Saw it four times while it was playing.

fuck this year.

So, Black Widow earlier this year was ok at best. Not great and not terrible. Didn't feel like resurrecting this to talk about it.

But I just saw Shang-Chi earlier tonight, and it's one of the best films in the franchise. I loved it. See this movie. Seriously, it's so fucking good.

Disney+ (and COVID, duh) stopped us from going to movies. Almost the only movies we ever saw in theaters were Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars. I'll see it eventually once it's up there.

Just watched Black Widow on Disney Plus and I thought it was pretty good. The white suit definitely reminded me of the Boss suit in Snake Eater.

bread's done
Back