Medal of Honor (PC) $7.50 at IGN PC Store

[quote name='RColaUAB']How is the IGN PC Store different from D2D?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it is different. After I bought MoH the download page also had a link to Dawn of War Retribution, which I bought on D2D last week.

Heads up: I bought this and activated the key with EA dowload manager. Now it's on my EA store account! Screw IGNs download manager

Just thought other people would like to be aware it can be activated on EA store

Single play of this game was actually real nice. It felt like the mix of CoD's narratives with mechanics of BC2.
Online play, on the other hand, wasn't as good as I expected it to be. But I think this is well-worth $8 IMO.

[quote name='fishphoenix']I thought IGN's PC store was D2D o_O[/QUOTE]

Me too. Maybe Snakpakk can provide some clarification. Is D2D going away or are they just offering downloads under two names now?

Purchased - thanks, OP! Wouldn't mind playing the single player campaign again. I'm probably one of the few that actually enjoyed it.

Thanks OP. I played the single player on XBOX and enjoyed it. Hopefully the MP community is still around.

For some reason the Paypal checkout didn't work for me, but Visa worked just fine.

Thank you! I'm interested in the single player and this is definitely the buy price just for that. PayPal checkout is fine for me and the game was added to my Direct2Drive download page.

Glad I didn't get charged tax like I always do at the D2D store.

[quote name='RColaUAB']Me too. Maybe Snakpakk can provide some clarification. Is D2D going away or are they just offering downloads under two names now?[/QUOTE]

D2D is not going away. IGN PC Store and D2D will co-exist it's just another way of bringing PC titles to the masses.

[quote name='Snakpakk']D2D is not going away. IGN PC Store and D2D will co-exist it's just another way of bringing PC titles to the masses.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to more great deals :D

For anyone wondering, this DOES NOT activate on Steam. I tried but it comes up as an invalid key. I didn't buy this assuming it was a Steam activated game, just letting others know who were also hoping "just maybe."

I'll answer my own question - looks like IGN PC Store and D2D are linked together.
On my PC IGN Store account, it has all my D2D games and stuff listed for what I own.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Heads up: I bought this and activated the key with EA dowload manager. Now it's on my EA store account! Screw IGNs download manager

Just thought other people would like to be aware it can be activated on EA store[/QUOTE]

Thanks.
I just also activated this also on EADM. :)

[quote name='SeanTM22']Wont... sucker... in... is it really worth it if im getting Crysis 2 tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
Who knows, you might be done w/ the Medal Of Honor SP before Crysis 2 comes out. :p

[quote name='Xealot42']Hmm. I never knew that IGN had D2D and a separate PC store.[/QUOTE]

The separate PC store just came out today or yesterday. It's brand new.

Single player is great so far.

However, those of you whom are buying this for the multiplayer please be aware that I only found 1 populated French server (filters set etc). Lots of empty servers.

I picked this up via D2D and registered fine with the EA DLM. However, when I went to download, it hit 99.9% then froze with an error message. Checked the forums and there was a newer version of the DLM, which fixed the issue. Seems this was a pretty rampant bug and the newer version was just a few days old.

Just in case anyone was having the same issue, go to the website and grab the latest version, I believe its 7.3.3.7.

For those of you wondering how the multiplayer community is, it's 1:30 AM where I live and around 1 AM there were only about 400 people on. You can find a match but it's not like there are thousands of people still playing the game.

[quote name='jalu6']I picked this up via D2D and registered fine with the EA DLM. However, when I went to download, it hit 99.9% then froze with an error message. Checked the forums and there was a newer version of the DLM, which fixed the issue. Seems this was a pretty rampant bug and the newer version was just a few days old.

Just in case anyone was having the same issue, go to the website and grab the latest version, I believe its 7.3.3.7.[/QUOTE]

This also happened to me. I'd suggest just downloading it from IGN, I had no problems with that version.

I'm almost regretting the buy even at $7.50. I don't think I've played a more bland shooter. Only a level in, but I don't see it vastly improving.

I'd be curious to know if the BF3 beta is included, though.

[quote name='Scythe310']For anyone wondering, this DOES NOT activate on Steam. I tried but it comes up as an invalid key. I didn't buy this assuming it was a Steam activated game, just letting others know who were also hoping "just maybe."[/QUOTE]

Thank you for trying and posting.:joystick:

[quote name='SeanTM22']My download finished on EADM but its stuck at "FINALIZING" and I cant launch the game... anyone know how to fix this?[/QUOTE]

Delete the download and start over?

I had a similar problem and that worked, be it not the fastest solution.

Oh and there's actually plenty of people playing MP. Apparently the game client didn't update fully the first time I launched MP.

I always said to myself I would get this if it dropped below $10... but now that it has I'm still not so sure ><

All the reviews are pretty bad, and I remember the demo being fun but no BC2 or Black Ops.

[quote name='fishphoenix']I always said to myself I would get this if it dropped below $10... but now that it has I'm still not so sure ><

All the reviews are pretty bad, and I remember the demo being fun but no BC2 or Black Ops.[/QUOTE]

Glad i actually tried the multi instead of reading the reviews. Game is pretty fun. I like it much better then black ops

[quote name='lito88']Glad i actually tried the multi instead of reading the reviews. Game is pretty fun. I like it much better then black ops[/QUOTE]

I played the beta that was out before the game launched for a few hours. I liked it, about as much as Black Ops in fact, but not anywhere near as good as BC2, but hey that's just my opinion.

[quote name='fishphoenix']I played the beta that was out before the game launched for a few hours. I liked it, about as much as Black Ops in fact, but not anywhere near as good as BC2, but hey that's just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Im already tired of BC2 so Medal of Honor is a nice change.

Ah, I got BC2 during the Steam holiday sale and I don't play it too often so it's still pretty fresh for me. I ended up ordering Crysis 2, MOH will have to wait again!

Amazing price though, thanks OP.

bread's done
Back