Meeting females in the military

Reality's Fringe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Well, it's been a long time since I've been around. I've been busy with this whole military thing, first completing officer training school and now attending my LONG ASS undergraduate training for my AFSC. It's a good paycheck with good benefits, and the academics are pretty rigorous so it's not like I'm stagnating...but, I miss female companionship. There aren't many females in my squadron and I hate bars and clubs, so there's not much to pull from (if looking for quality). So, I was wondering if any military CAG have any tips or advice. I'm considering an online site too, but I don't know what's reputable re: the military. I'm trying my damnedest to avoid gold diggers and slutty-types. I do well with a girlfriend, and that's basically what I want to find. Thanks.

Also, I'm not that ugly.

meetup.com
Great place to find things that you enjoy doing. Go to events that interest you from cycling, to gaming, to beer tasting and you will find like minded females. You could also start your own meetup group for people to join. At the least you have at least one common interest to start talking about right off the bat.

really you won't find anyone decent around the military bases usually. A lot of people end up dating other military members since it is convenient and they understand the lifestyle. If I were you, I'd just do things I enjoy and meet people there.

[quote name='Wolve11']really you won't find anyone decent around the military bases usually. A lot of people end up dating other military members since it is convenient and they understand the lifestyle. If I were you, I'd just do things I enjoy and meet people there.[/QUOTE]

This...

My GF's friend married a guy who's in the army and she hates being an army man's wife...because he's in Iraq and she's home carrying his child.
She always bitches that he's never around for her...(no shit, he's deployed).

Chicks dig guys in uniform...but unless they themselves have family members in the forces, I don't see them completely understanding the commitment/scarifies one has to make for their country.

Yeah. Problem is there's about 15 dicks for every female in the military, and as an officer there's a whole side I can't pull from. I'm just tired of being jerked around.

Are there legit military specific dating sites anyone knows of. Google doesn't tell me legitimacy.

Just be extremely wary. A lot of women, particularly around the bases, see a man in uniform and get money signs in their eyes.

My ex is in the military. He almost got screwed by this military chick he was dating who got pregnant. Said it was his. He said he would gladly pay child support if he could take a paternity test and it was positive. He never heard from her again.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Just be extremely wary. A lot of women, particularly around the bases, see a man in uniform and get money signs in their eyes.

My ex is in the military. He almost got screwed by this military chick he was dating who got pregnant. Said it was his. He said he would gladly pay child support if he could take a paternity test and it was positive. He never heard from her again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a concern too. I don't mind being a provider, but I'm not a meal ticket. I never thought a job would make it so complicated.

There's lots of places to meet women, in any given metropolitan area. Where are you currently stationed?

It's actually pretty easy to separate the gold diggers. Only date women that are supporting themselves, and you'll do just fine.

[quote name='ITDEFX']My GF's friend married a guy who's in the army and she hates being an army man's wife...because he's in Iraq and she's home carrying his child.
She always bitches that he's never around for her...(no shit, he's deployed).[/QUOTE]

Never did get that... Then there's Lance Armstrong.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Just be extremely wary. A lot of women, particularly around the bases, see a man in uniform and get money signs in their eyes.[/QUOTE]

Wha? They don't make... that much though. At least last I heard.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Just be extremely wary. A lot of women, particularly around the bases, see a man in uniform and get money signs in their eyes.

[/QUOTE]

I spoke to a friend of mine a few years back and he told me when he's on deployed active duty he "makes out like a bandit" in pay..but when he's on stand by he gets shit.... I think it's more about the medical benefits than the money with restrictions. I know my gf's bitchy friend has to have her baby at I think walter reed medical center because she can't have it at a normal hospital.

I dunno... any cags here have spouses in active military service want to chime in on this?

I'm married on active duty and I can say you don't have to have your kid born in an army hospital. My kid wasn't born in one and I live on base.

As for the money: deployed you are exempt from paying taxes and you get combat pay bonuses so you basically make a lot more. You really bank when you go to a place where you have to live off the economy instead of rely on the militarys dining facilities.

[quote name='Wolve11']I'm married on active duty and I can say you don't have to have your kid born in an army hospital. My kid wasn't born in one and I live on base.[/QUOTE]

hmmm that's interesting.... I gonna ask her why her friend said that then.

[quote name='Wolve11']As for the money: deployed you are exempt from paying taxes and you get combat pay bonuses so you basically make a lot more. You really bank when you go to a place where you have to live off the economy instead of rely on the militarys dining facilities.[/QUOTE]

yea...taxes will zap your paycheck, so I can see why he said that now.

OP, you're a 35P, right? I was a PAO before I got out.

[quote name='Wolve11']I'm married on active duty and I can say you don't have to have your kid born in an army hospital. My kid wasn't born in one and I live on base.[/QUOTE]

Damn straight. Even on reserve duty, I avoid military healthcare like the plague. Following a rather "unpleasant" wisdom tooth extraction, I swore that I'd never use Wilford Hall unless I needed a check-up.

[quote name='VipFREAK']

Wha? They don't make... that much though. At least last I heard.[/QUOTE]

It's a steady paycheck and they're often gone for months at a time. Perfect situation for a whorebag.

Officers actually earn a decent pay check after your first promotion, but it's the allowances that really get you some dough. It's been a few years now, but I received $1200 a month for housing and food. When I was hanging out at the world's biggest beach with no water, I received hazardous duty pay, plus housing and food, and my standard pay, all tax-free.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']It's a steady paycheck and they're often gone for months at a time. Perfect situation for a whorebag.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and someone correct me if I'm wrong...can't a military spouse also get a crack at the soldier's retirement pension as well?

(I have family in the military and we have a term for women like these, its called "fly by night girl.")

If I were a man in the military I'd be really tempted to stay celibate. Especially if I was an officer. Or just pay an off-base prostitute if I was that desperate. It would be cheaper and less troublesome than having a live in woman just there for the bennies.

I don't understand why policemen and military are so hung up on g/f and getting married. You think they'd discourage that because people can get injured, fucked up, and killed.

What about the stereotype of the stoic mercenary loner?

Another relationship thread?

Look - if you wanna fuck hoes, fuck a military ho. I've never been in there (Scored high on the practice test...only to be told I was too fat to consider it. Wow. What a waste of 20 mins!)

BUT, I've fucked plenty of military hoes around here. There's a camp up the road. They're abundent. And they're ready to fuck.

Be wary of the ones who are dominate. You'll think to yourself "I'll like that!"

No, you won't. Unless you're a frilly man.

In reality, the best ones are the ones who you can tell know how to defend themselves...but just want a man who won't treat them like a freak. Because you know...they're in the military instead of cooking and ironing my clothes.

Best of both worlds. Passionate loving, and no long term commitment!

Just don't do online dating. I've tried that shit last week just for fun. First off, too many women post up old pics of themselves. If you joined 2010, why does your camera timestamp says those pics were in 2007??? *Various dates on top of that!*

And then you get women who want you to talk to them a certain way through messages. Bitch please! I'm not trying to fuck you through a computer screen!

Lawd....I don't think normal people can honestly meet people on dating sites.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']OP, you're a 35P, right? I was a PAO before I got out.

Damn straight. Even on reserve duty, I avoid military healthcare like the plague. Following a rather "unpleasant" wisdom tooth extraction, I swore that I'd never use Wilford Hall unless I needed a check-up.[/QUOTE]

The military seems to have a lot of new doctors. There was a point where females were allowed to have breast enhancement surgery while in the Army on the Army's dime.
I got free PRK (lasik) surgery and I think it was great. The surgeries I've had from the military have been good, but there's definitely some bad docs out there too and plenty of horror stories.
In order to get out of having to be treated at a local on post hospital you can ask Tri-Care to refer you to a different facility. You'll have to do some paperwork, but its all very easy. Then the place you go to just bills the Army instead of you. The key note is that you are granted a window during which you can be seen at the off post provider. In my case, my wife had to extend her window a few times while she was being seen by the OB when she was pregnant. Its not too much of a hassle and it was definitely worth it. The first off post provider we had was crappy and we requested to be seen elsewhere and did the paperwork and just like that we were able to be seen at the clinic of our choice.

[quote name='Spacepest']Yup, and someone correct me if I'm wrong...can't a military spouse also get a crack at the soldier's retirement pension as well?
[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you get a divorce the spouse is entitled to a portion of your retirement. This has been a controversial issue because some women end up getting married and divorced to one Soldier only to marry and divorce another one etc. This allows her to get quite a bit of money from the pensions of all the guys she's been divorced with. Truly a fucked up situation if you ask me.

[quote name='2DMention']I don't understand why policemen and military are so hung up on g/f and getting married. You think they'd discourage that because people can get injured, fucked up, and killed.

What about the stereotype of the stoic mercenary loner?[/QUOTE]

A few reasons are: During a young Soldiers life he sees that he has a lot of deployments to go on and has to spend a lot of time away from home. In order to prevent them from losing a girlfriend while gone, they get married young so as to say that they have a solid relationship and someone waiting for them at home. Now does this work out? Not always. Its stupid to get married because you think time isn't going to be on your side and you are about to deploy.
Another reason: The extra $250 a month in family separation pay while deployed that you'd bank (tax free). Also young Soldiers in the Army are usually housed in the barracks until they reach the rank of E-5 or sometimes depending on the base, E-6. This means that they are usually stuck in the barracks for about 3 years (average promotion time to E-5). Getting married guarentees you a Housing Allowance (BAH) which varies on your location and rank. If you want to live off post as a single E-4 and below you'll usually pay for rent out of pocket, but if you are married you get around $900 a month (for E-4 in my area) extra. This helps pay for the apartment/house bills. Is it smart to get married just for extra money and the chance to move out of the barracks? Hell no but it is a temptation for younger Soldiers.
Of course you also have the young troops going to basic training/AIT with young females and during training you have the "romances" that usually don't last, but from time to time a dude will knock up a girl while in training and marry her etc. I know quite a few 20 year olds that are married. The divorce rate in the Army is high for a reason.
As always, these views are provided from an Army perspective, other branches may be a little different.

Reality's Fringe;7404457]Well said:
hate[/b] bars and clubs, so there's not much to pull from (if looking for quality). So, I was wondering if any military CAG have any tips or advice. I'm considering an online site too, but I don't know what's reputable re: the military. I'm trying my damnedest to avoid gold diggers and slutty-types. I do well with a girlfriend, and that's basically what I want to find. Thanks.

Also, I'm not that ugly.

I'm assuming AF since you mention squadron, so it could be MUCH worse if you had gone Army. Plus you have the whole fraternization among ranks for dealing with enlisted.. I'd say it really depends on the base. I've traveled to almost every major Army installation as an engineer on Army programs, and grew up an Air Force brat. For example, McChord AFB is near Seattle while Minot AFB is literally a wasteland.

You might have to use a dating site or something, or do the typical barhop with military buds. Not the best place to meet people, but it's better than nothing. I'd also ask locals about young professional's social groups and whatnot, there are those sort of things in many small cities. Another would be possibly something like a co-ed sports league, like softball. If you're still at OTS in Montgomery/Maxwell AFB, you're in the worst possible place for that sort of thing. If anything, maybe try to hang out in Prattville but the night life blows in the area (which I learned moving FROM Prattville to Huntsville 2 years ago). Dating is rough in Montgomery.

[quote name='Wolve11']The military seems to have a lot of new doctors. There was a point where females were allowed to have breast enhancement surgery while in the Army on the Army's dime.
I got free PRK (lasik) surgery and I think it was great. The surgeries I've had from the military have been good, but there's definitely some bad docs out there too and plenty of horror stories.
In order to get out of having to be treated at a local on post hospital you can ask Tri-Care to refer you to a different facility. You'll have to do some paperwork, but its all very easy. Then the place you go to just bills the Army instead of you. The key note is that you are granted a window during which you can be seen at the off post provider. In my case, my wife had to extend her window a few times while she was being seen by the OB when she was pregnant. Its not too much of a hassle and it was definitely worth it. The first off post provider we had was crappy and we requested to be seen elsewhere and did the paperwork and just like that we were able to be seen at the clinic of our choice.

Yes, if you get a divorce the spouse is entitled to a portion of your retirement. This has been a controversial issue because some women end up getting married and divorced to one Soldier only to marry and divorce another one etc. This allows her to get quite a bit of money from the pensions of all the guys she's been divorced with. Truly a fucked up situation if you ask me.

A few reasons are: During a young Soldiers life he sees that he has a lot of deployments to go on and has to spend a lot of time away from home. In order to prevent them from losing a girlfriend while gone, they get married young so as to say that they have a solid relationship and someone waiting for them at home. Now does this work out? Not always. Its stupid to get married because you think time isn't going to be on your side and you are about to deploy.
Another reason: The extra $250 a month in family separation pay while deployed that you'd bank (tax free). Also young Soldiers in the Army are usually housed in the barracks until they reach the rank of E-5 or sometimes depending on the base, E-6. This means that they are usually stuck in the barracks for about 3 years (average promotion time to E-5). Getting married guarentees you a Housing Allowance (BAH) which varies on your location and rank. If you want to live off post as a single E-4 and below you'll usually pay for rent out of pocket, but if you are married you get around $900 a month (for E-4 in my area) extra. This helps pay for the apartment/house bills. Is it smart to get married just for extra money and the chance to move out of the barracks? Hell no but it is a temptation for younger Soldiers.
Of course you also have the young troops going to basic training/AIT with young females and during training you have the "romances" that usually don't last, but from time to time a dude will knock up a girl while in training and marry her etc. I know quite a few 20 year olds that are married. The divorce rate in the Army is high for a reason.
As always, these views are provided from an Army perspective, other branches may be a little different.[/QUOTE]

WOW...that's crazy dude. I am assuming its similar situation for other branches right?

bread's done
Back