Mega Man 64 Brand New $16 shipped

[quote name='YodaEXE']This is not a deal, especially since it's on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Ok well added the same guy with the same price on Amazon.
If this is not a deal tell me where I can get it cheaper?

Personally, I only recommend Mega Man 64 if you do not have access to a PlayStation of any kind; The PSOne original beats the N64 port.

I wish the camera and targeting system weren't so flawed.

[quote name='YodaEXE']This is not a deal, especially since it's on eBay.[/QUOTE]

A deal is a deal is a deal as far as I'm concerned...

Looks like a deal to me. I can't find this game at any local shops. It was always one of my favorite N64 games. Thanks OP!

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Ok well added the same guy with the same price on Amazon.
If this is not a deal tell me where I can get it cheaper?[/QUOTE]
It's cheaper to not get it at all. There's probably a section where you can post this for people looking for old games that are sealed. This is not deal worthy.

Nice, thanks OP. I'm a big fan of Mega Man and have always wanted this one to add to my collection. The cheapest I've ever seen it for was around $40-$50 though and that was for a used copy.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']It's cheaper to not get it at all. There's probably a section where you can post this for people looking for old games that are sealed. This is not deal worthy.[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea! Since it's your idea I'll let you recommend it to cheapy. Anyways I don't think there is any such section.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']It's cheaper to not get it at all. There's probably a section where you can post this for people looking for old games that are sealed. This is not deal worthy.[/QUOTE]

This game's MSRP is $57.99 for a new copy. The OP found some one selling it for $15 new.

$57.99 > $15.00

So technically this is a deal. Just because you don't want it however, doesn't mean that this is not being sold for a discounted price. =P

Thanks OP - picked it up

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Gamequestdirect has this and other old sealed stuff in stock on their website.[/QUOTE]

This is GameQuestDirect's Ebay Store, so if you have some Paypal credit lying around, here is a way to use it.

well, at least its not shadowman

these kinds of retro threads are more for sites like digital press than here, imo. or you could post them in the "retro gaming" section i believe.

I am really unclear why there is such hate for the retro games. I am not going to order this, but that is true of a lot of deals posted here. Maybe this isn't a current game, but so what, it seems like a good price for what it is, and it is a video game. Seems like it belongs to me.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Personally, I only recommend Mega Man 64 if you do not have access to a PlayStation of any kind; The PSOne original beats the N64 port.

I wish the camera and targeting system weren't so flawed.[/QUOTE]

Aw, that sucks... I loved Mega Man Legends. :cry:

He's not asking for advice about what game he should buy, or begging for a Reach beta code, why harass him for posting a game at a low price point?
Some might call that a video game deal.

I'm sure if you want this for a collector's item, it's not bad. However, there are other means of playing old games that are much cheaper ;)

Where the hell are all these old games popping up from? A few weeks ago on Ebay I purchased Addams Family & Cool World sealed on SNES for $5 a piece + shipping.

How about I post a deal for Superman 64 for $16, because apparently people think $16 is a good deal for a crappy Nintendo 64 game.

You guys ARE cheapassgamers right? You DO know that you can emulate these old crappy N64 games on your computer? For free? Nobody is going to press legal action on you for downloading an old useless N64 game. I understand wanting to authentically play Mario or Zelda, but Mega Man 64? Come on. That game was a steaming pile. I hope people aren't posting deal threads for Rogue Warrior in 15 years.

We like to OWN our games... That's the only way I do things. Same with movies and music. Owning them feels so much better.

[quote name='robpe36']How about I post a deal for Superman 64 for $16, because apparently people think $16 is a good deal for a crappy Nintendo 64 game.

You guys ARE cheapassgamers right? You DO know that you can emulate these old crappy N64 games on your computer? For free? Nobody is going to press legal action on you for downloading an old useless N64 game. I understand wanting to authentically play Mario or Zelda, but Mega Man 64? Come on. That game was a steaming pile. I hope people aren't posting deal threads for Rogue Warrior in 15 years.[/QUOTE]

Might as well mod one of my 360s and play burned games on it as well. And the Wii. And stop coming to this site, as its made for people who want to spend money games.

You've killed CAG's userbase.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']We like to OWN our games... That's the only way I do things. Same with movies and music. Owning them feels so much better.[/QUOTE]

Only if you have piles of disposable income to blow on every single game that drops in price in the past five months.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Now if this had been a deal on PS Megaman Legends...[/QUOTE]

Maybe we'll get it on psn or virtual console one of these days.

[quote name='robpe36']How about I post a deal for Superman 64 for $16, because apparently people think $16 is a good deal for a crappy Nintendo 64 game.

You guys ARE cheapassgamers right? You DO know that you can emulate these old crappy N64 games on your computer? For free? Nobody is going to press legal action on you for downloading an old useless N64 game. I understand wanting to authentically play Mario or Zelda, but Mega Man 64? Come on. That game was a steaming pile. I hope people aren't posting deal threads for Rogue Warrior in 15 years.[/QUOTE]

By that reasoning would it be okay if I went a ripped the latest and greatest Xbox 360 title to play on my custom hardware? Assuming that it is equally unlikely that anyone would press legal action against a single individual for downloading and playing current generation game .

Then I guess there wouldn't be any reason to post ANY deals, because in most cases every game can just be downloaded for free.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']We like to OWN our games... That's the only way I do things. Same with movies and music. Owning them feels so much better.[/QUOTE]

Ok. You watch the movie or beat the game. And then what? 95% of those things you own just sit on your shelf collecting dust for years. And the more you collect, the more you want to add things to your collection and it just keeps growing. I know this because I'm going through it with my 60+ Xbox 360 game collection, but atleast I know I have a problem. Specifically though, N64 cartridges are an old technology, and they don't even last a very long time.

Not only that but HELLO!! We're talking about Mega Man 64!! Not Mario 64. Not Ocarina of Time. We're talking about a bad game here. How hardcore of a Mega Man fan/N64 collector are you?

I'm pretty sure if you could go out at any time and buy NES, SNES, and N64 games for 10-15 bucks sealed in stores and they were still regularly found at rental outlets people would buy them more.

But to pay 25-50 bucks for sealed N64 carts is ridiculous. That's why I don't have a problem with emulators. I'd love to buy Mario Party or Goldeneye for my VC on the wii, and WOULD. But I'm not going to go down to my local army-navy pawn shop and spend 30 bucks on a N64 and another 40 bucks getting those two games. Not when I can get them for free.

Noted that I buy most all of my DVDs as they are regularly available merchandise, and I like having a collection. Same with PS2 to this gen games.

[quote name='robpe36']Ok. You watch the movie or beat the game. And then what? 95% of those things you own just sit on your shelf collecting dust for years. And the more you collect, the more you want to add things to your collection and it just keeps growing. I know this because I'm going through it with my 60+ Xbox 360 game collection, but atleast I know I have a problem. Specifically though, N64 cartridges are an old technology, and they don't even last a very long time.

Not only that but HELLO!! We're talking about Mega Man 64!! Not Mario 64. Not Ocarina of Time. We're talking about a bad game here. How hardcore of a Mega Man fan/N64 collector are you?[/QUOTE]

I liked the game, but then again I played it on PSX.

I would get it cuz I am that hardcore of a MM fan.

[quote name='Mako1215']I liked the game, but then again I played it on PSX.

I would get it cuz I am that hardcore of a MM fan.[/QUOTE]

Well I wiki'd the game and apparently the N64 is very much inferior to the PSone version, when you look at the Reception section of the article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_Legends_(video_game)

It'll probably even come out on PSN for $6 eventually since Capcom seems into the whole PSone classics thing.

[quote name='robpe36']Ok. You watch the movie or beat the game. And then what? 95% of those things you own just sit on your shelf collecting dust for years. And the more you collect, the more you want to add things to your collection and it just keeps growing. I know this because I'm going through it with my 60+ Xbox 360 game collection, but atleast I know I have a problem. Specifically though, N64 cartridges are an old technology, and they don't even last a very long time.

Not only that but HELLO!! We're talking about Mega Man 64!! Not Mario 64. Not Ocarina of Time. We're talking about a bad game here. How hardcore of a Mega Man fan/N64 collector are you?[/QUOTE]

I am planning on adding this game to my sealed collection. I have no intention of opening this. I collect Mega Man stuff. Also if you were interested in buying the game to play it usually goes for $5-$10 (cart only) plus S/H so why not pay an extra few bucks to have a brand new copy? Also there is no mention of Super Mario 64 sealed or Zelda sealed because they go for $100+ and that is not a deal or cheapass. This game is not incredibly common or incredibly crappy and I'm willing to bet once gamequestdirect sells out of these games they will rise in value (as you can see on ebay all the other sealed copies are $30-$60).

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']This game is not incredibly common or incredibly crappy and I'm willing to bet once gamequestdirect sells out of these games they will rise in value (as you can see on ebay all the other sealed copies are $30-$60).[/QUOTE]

GQD's got 800 copies up there.

And if you check eBay, there's a lot of other sellers in the under $25 range.

Bottom line is, I own it, and I like it a lot. It came very late in the N64's life... One of the last games released for it... along with Dr. Mario 64. Both are very great and worth owning in any collection. I own over 220 N64 games... I love my N64.

How about one of you mods send me a private message explaining why you deleted my post and what I did wrong because I would like to know. Are we not allowed to discuss our opinions on whether something is or isn't a good deal? It's not like we're off topic.

That's a deal. It's a good post. And I bought 3 N64 games. So there. Through Amazon, so Cheapy should get his share. So there.

People here are saying that the N64 version was reviewed as worse then the PS1 original, but in actually reading that wikipedia article, it looks like the actual criticism was that the N64 was just like the PS1 version - that no upgrades were made to the game.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Bottom line is, I own it, and I like it a lot. It came very late in the N64's life... One of the last games released for it... along with Dr. Mario 64. Both are very great and worth owning in any collection. I own over 220 N64 games... I love my N64.[/QUOTE]

Wow! you got like the whole library for N64 plus more hehe.

Thanks for the heads up, OP - I placed an order. My 7 year old wants the game ever since having learned about it (he's a Mega Man fan), so this is perfect. Will be a birthday present.

bread's done
Back