Mega Man 8 for SEGA Saturn (the superior version) preferrably in complete condition

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
UPC#: 013388220229

6226_7.JPG

Seeing how all brand new factory sealed copies of this game are long gone, I'm looking for one in complete condition. So far I have found this ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mega-Man-8-Anni...ames?hash=item1c0c5a9e73&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

However, the minimum price is $59.95 and the seller does not have an "or best offer" option. Anyone who knows of pawn/comic book shops in Rhode Island and/or Southern Massachusetts are welcome to contribute possible "cheap" alternatives.

I sent the seller a message. I offered $47.00 which comes to $50.00 after shipping. HOPEFULLY he accepts, but I seriously doubt he will.

is there that much of a difference between the versions? i own the ps1 version, and all i could think when i read the title was, a superior version of a crap game is still a crap game.

[quote name='ctrek3']is there that much of a difference between the versions? i own the ps1 version, and all i could think when i read the title was, a superior version of a crap game is still a crap game.[/QUOTE]

There's quite a bit of extra stuff in the Saturn version, but if you don't like the game to begin with, it won't make much of a difference.

[quote name='mkelehan']There's quite a bit of extra stuff in the Saturn version, but if you don't like the game to begin with, it won't make much of a difference.[/QUOTE]

yeah i was very disappointed with this game, my favorite is still the first one for nes

I like the 90s era video games and I missed out on getting a Saturn when I was growing up. SEGA was having trouble getting major retailers in the North East to sell the blasted thing. I only remember one retailer that had it: Lechmere (also known as Lechmere's), and I always used to play NiGHTS into Dreams on the demo kiosk. Good times.

[quote name='ctrek3']yeah i was very disappointed with this game, my favorite is still the first one for nes[/QUOTE]

I played every one of them the year they were released, except for Mega Man 1, which I played after 2. My favorite? Mega Man 9.

Hm...extra stuff in the Saturn version?
I have the Mega Man Collection on GameCube, which includes Mega Man 8. Which version is that port?

Mega Man Anniversary Collection used the PS1 version. The Saturn version used different (and more fitting) music for the Tengu Man stage as well as extra boss fights against Cut Man and Wood Man. There are a lot of other differences that you can check out here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/saturn/file/197894/41376

I remember back in the 90's hearing about Sony's policy against 2D games on it's system and for that reason Capcom added certain extras to the Saturn version. Capcom would still proceed to give a hearty fuck you to both Sony and Sega by making the next game after 8 (Mega Man and Bass) for the SNES.

Just wait it out. I got the game for $30 mint on eBay but I've seen it go for $18 open auction. Honestly, I prefer the simpler PS tunes but the SS's bonus features do make it the superior version.

bread's done
Back