Mega Man 9 - Gen. Info & Discussion Thread

I finally got around to downloading this today. I managed to take out Galaxy Man without too much trouble. On the other hand, I've made it to Concrete Man and Splash Woman, and both of them destroyed me while I barely got in any damage at all. I guess I forgot how important it is to go in with the right weapon for the boss.

[quote name='botticus']:whee: Beat Galaxy Man! If that's the easiest boss, I'll be here for a while![/quote]

He was the easiest of the 3 I have taken down so far (Galaxy, Concrete, Splash), but I lucked out in having a good weapon to take him out with.

I thought Splash was pretty easy and Concrete was a bitch at first until I slowed down and watched what he was actually doing.

I haven't even been able to make it to the end of any of the other stages yet. Awesome game so far.

Buying this tomorrow when i get some money...

I downloaded the demo on my ps3 and was very impressed :applause: But i'm going to get the wiiware version cause i don't like how the ps controller but it feels slightly awkward....

The level of achievements is amazing... The Mr.Perfect one has got to be one of the harder ones and easiest if you use jewel man's power... I wonder if it requires you not to use the bosses powers to get this one.

How many achievements have you CAGs unlocked in the game??

Also being a cheap ass gamer you can also get proto man by getting all of the achievements thus saving you two bucks :D(So i've heard)

[quote name='rocky435']Buying this tomorrow when i get some money...

I downloaded the demo on my ps3 and was very impressed :applause: But i'm going to get the wiiware version cause i don't like how the ps controller but it feels slightly awkward....

The level of achievements is amazing... The Mr.Perfect one has got to be one of the harder ones and easiest if you use jewel man's power... I wonder if it requires you not to use the bosses powers to get this one.

How many achievements have you CAGs unlocked in the game??

Also being a cheap ass gamer you can also get proto man by getting all of the achievements thus saving you two bucks :D(So i've heard)[/quote]

I think I have 2 achievements and they are based on killing a set number of enemies - not a very hard achievement to get.

Some of the achievements are just plain crazy and there is no way I am going to be getting more than a handful of them.

I just realized Proto Man needs to be able to do a FALCON PAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH, since those two guys could be brothers.

I tried Splash Woman for my first stage. After about ten minutes I died and it threw me way back near where I started so I just turned the game off.

I don't have this kind of patience... I don't want to replay the same thing over and over.

I hate doing absolutely perfect on Jewel Man's stage until I get to that damn room surrounded with spikes and a swing in the middle of it.

Edit: Haha, right after posting this I made it past it and kicked lilboo man's ass.

I think I could safely get through Wily's entire castle now without continuing, and without losing a man if I'm really paying attention. There's just those two or three parts where I might die due to the insanity of those two or three parts.

Still need to work out how to kill that bitch when he's in his FLYING DINOSHIP OF DOOM.

Why can't Megaman have a flying dinoship of doom? Rush can't transform into a damn Rushtron by now? Lame.

I played the demo last night and while it was only one level I could tell this game was not as good as 2 and 3. The level design and enemies were poor. I am going to buy bionic commando rearmed instead. :applause:

Bah, why must it be all mean and start you at the beginning of Wily's stages after you need to quit the game and play again later. I was on level 3 there. :(

I've got Tornado Man and Magma Man left. I personally think Tornado's is the hardest stage so far, I'm just not good with those platforms that swing you around.

I had a much easier time with Jewel Man's stage, besides that stupid swing surrounded by spikes of course.

Bet this fucker about 30 mins ago. The stages got easy once I knew what to do with each one. Wiley's stages were a bitch though. Spend 2 and a half hours straight going through them alone.

Still my GOTY though, this game is awesome. Oh and I only bought the thing that gives the energy to the lowest power in the shop, nothing else.

OK I finally started this game today and so far Ive beaten 3 stages.

I was very cautious going into the game, thinking like "oh it's just gonna be an average / above average megaman whatever..."

dood I was so wrong... in just 3 stages I feel like I've played perfection.

The level design is SO GOOD!! I'm surprised they were able to pull off stages as good as this!!

Everything from the platform locations, the placement of spikes and pits, and the distribution of enemies and their attack patters, everything in the game is so perfectly placed and where it should be!!

It's CHALLENGING! That's the key word! The game is not hard, but you do die due to the challenge...

I died 3 times and got a game over in Galaxy Man's stage... I hit continue and went back at it, I ended up beating the stage without getting hit as well as getting another "achievement" thing for getting thru the whole stage without stopping (I got hit on the boss tho...).

My only complaint about the game is some of the challenges are downright silly... Beat Every Boss in a single game with one pixel of life left, fine. Beat the game 30 times? I prolly havent even beaten MM2 30 times, hella dumb.

So you're not gonna see me get 100% on those, but I'm definitely gonna stab at that top 10 list.

Jekki, I love your mini-reviews. I just saw this one as well as the one you did on Wario Land: Shake It.

I totally agree about some of the challenges being excessive. Doesn't stop me from trying, though!

I took a break from MM9 over the weekend to go on a Bioshock spree but I did beat Jewel Man last night. So I think I have 4 bosses left. That damn plant robot on Hornet Man's stage is giving me fits right now.

Alright, got Tornado Man, Jewel Man, Plug Man and Galaxy Man taken care of. So far, I'm loving every fucking morsel of this game, from the music to the stages. It just feels like a true Mega Man game.

[quote name='yukine']I hate doing absolutely perfect on Jewel Man's stage until I get to that damn room surrounded with spikes and a swing in the middle of it.

Edit: Haha, right after posting this I made it past it and kicked lilboo man's ass.[/QUOTE]

Really? It only took me one try to get through there. :lol:

I've got three stages down now - Galaxy Man, Splash Woman, and Jewel Man - and discovered my first super-effective weapon combination, that
Galaxy Man's Black Hole Bombs turn Jewel Man into scrap metal in about thirty seconds
. I'm loving this game so far - it IS an NES Mega Man game, as far as I'm concerned. :D

The stage itself was easy, just that part messed me up. Only took a few tries though, so no big deal.

Even got the challenge for not stopping in that level. :cool:

And a good stage to use Jewel Man's weapon/shield is at
Plug Man's stage, it makes it even easier, and you can really farm for items with it. I ended up getting over 300+ screws and about 4 1ups from going through it a couple of times. :cool:

I'm still having a tough time with Tornado Man's stage, I can't get past the 3rd screen with the rotating platforms.

I've played through the game a few times now and I'm enjoying it just as much as I did with 2 and 3. I'm slightly annoyed by the "you must have this power up to progress" (I always thought that was bad design), but it's not too frequent, and doesn't use up too much of your bar.

Beat the game without continuing last night, now I need to do without dying. Without getting hit has to be near impossible. I've 42% of the challenges and climbing.

Also, just wondering what everyone thinks is the best place to start for kill order, or the easiest boss.
I've heard most people think Splash Woman and Galaxy man are the easiest, but I really prefer starting with Hornet man. I found his power useful, and he's really simple when you know the pattern. That, and I HATE fighting Galaxy man. Only boss I can't seem to get the Quick Draw on.

[quote name='Corvin']What's wrong with Galaxy man? He's super easy and doesn't inflict a lot of damage.[/quote]

I just hate how he flies and you can't hit him. He's easy, but I consider it a slow fight. Still haven't got the Quick Draw on him.

And I am most displeased. I made a very stupid mistake in the 3rd stage of Wily's Castle and ruined my no death run.

[quote name='yukine']I'm on Wily's Stage now, I don't know how I'm going to beat that shit. :lol:[/quote]

I'm stuck at the boss on the 3rd Wily stage. That thing is giving me flashbacks of Yellow Devil. I do not look forward to facing those flame jet things in Wily stage 1 again.

I finally beat it... LOVED IT. LOVED ALL OF IT!

at first the ending was kinda cool but at the same time nothing special... I was like eh...

especially compared to the ending of MM2 or even the ending to the 1st MM on gameboy (I cant remember MM3 ending atm >_

is there a way to delete the load file w/o deleting the save file?

and do you lose all your boss weapons after you go over the 999 screw mark? seems like it did it to me even though i only beat one boss ha!

also kind of wish it had gamecube port support so i can use my snes/nes pad the d pad on the wii remote sharp corners bug me after a while

[quote name='JEKKI']
I donno why but that boss is a bitch. He follows such a simple pattern and yet even knowing the pattern you need to adapt to it more with your reflexes as opposed to actually thinking, i.e. old shool skillz at their finest.

Seriously tho once you got it down... it feels SO GOOD to kill him without getting hit once[/quote]

Your welcome.

Played through this and beat it in one sitting. Almost did it under an hour, too. This is way fun, better than I expected.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Played through this and beat it in one sitting. Almost did it under an hour, too. This is way fun, better than I expected.[/quote]

Wow! That's really impressive! Did you walk in blind or did you know the preferred order?

Still, way to go.

Also, stop being so good at things.

[quote name='lilboo']Planet Man also has a pretty gay stance to him too.

[quote name='JEKKI']I donno why but that boss is a bitch. He follows such a simple pattern and yet even knowing the pattern you need to adapt to it more with your reflexes as opposed to actually thinking, i.e. old shool skillz at their finest.

Seriously tho once you got it down... it feels SO GOOD to kill him without getting hit once[/quote]

Yeah, I finally got the pattern down and annihilated him with Galaxy Man's weapon. You're right though, it becomes easier when you just react to what is coming at you instead of trying to think it through.

Like BlueLobstah, I was defeated by Wily's 3rd form the last time I attempted to take him out.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Wow! That's really impressive! Did you walk in blind or did you know the preferred order?

Still, way to go.

Also, stop being so good at things.[/quote]
You of all people should know that's impossible. :)

yup, my Protomanz... let me show them to you

Protovator.jpg

that's like the 3rd time I posted that pic today >_

According to GoNintendo, beginning tomorrow at 3 PST, you will be able to purchase a MM9 Press Kit from their online store.

I guess that means 2 PM central for me, and damn if I won't be eagerly awaiting the chance to do it.

bread's done
Back