Mega Man 9 T-Shirts

nitzerebb6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
If you're one of those folks who likes the on-purposefully awful 80s retro art created for Mega Man 9, the Capcom Store is currently selling T-shirts with it here. While unfortunately not a hot deal at $25, still might be the only chance the general public gets at picking one of these up.

From the website:
Available in an unmatched selection of sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, and Mega-XL (XXL)
Black finely-spun 100% cotton thread assembled with proprietary MegaWeave™ technology provides improved gaming performance in Mega Man® 9 and all other Capcom titles
Collar and two sleeves ensure comfort and easy access to appendages
Detailed Mega Man® 9 boxart symmetrically printed on front – sure to impress friends, strangers, and significant others

If you get ready to order but don't (as in like, closing the page or clicking back or something...I can't remember how it worked for me) you'll get this pop-up box asking why you decided not to order. If you tell'em why (there's multiple options or an "other" comment box) you'll get a 10% discount applied to your order if you go ahead and order then.

So you'll save a few bucks if really want that shirt.

Yo my cheapass fellows, I have nothing against this deal or the mega man in general, but do we really need to wear a shirt this awful just to get some attention from other geeks in public? I mean, I thought last thing we need is more chicks repellent! How about save your money for games instead?

hee. no offense to the guys really.. just my 2 cents.

[quote name='maxgle']Yo my cheapass fellows, I have nothing against this deal or the mega man in general, but do we really need to wear a shirt this awful just to get some attention from other geeks in public? I mean, I thought last thing we need is more chicks repellent! How about save your money for games instead?

hee. no offense to the guys really.. just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you have no sense of humor. Stop posting.

I probably would be too embarrassed to wear this in public but does anyone know what brand of tee-shirts these are printed on? The oh so awful trend of using XL-means-XS American Apparel has turned off of buying tees online.

[quote name='Unassuming Local Guy']The oh so awful trend of using XL-means-XS American Apparel has turned off of buying tees online.[/quote]

If Capcom used Athletic Fit for Mega-Man 9 T's, it'll go down in history as the biggest oxymoron ever created.

It says it's 100% cotton, that's not a good sign. I like my shirts to be 50/50 poly-blend, otherwise they tend to hug as much as an old ladies' blouse.

MAXGLE: might I remind you of the inspiration behind this?

MegaMan%20NES.jpg

The new design is much more acceptable than the original "uh oh, I need to take a dump, and now..." design of the NES classic rendition of the hero.

Don't like the Megaman shirt, but I really like the Street Fighter shirt. Unfortunately, I have my same doubts about the whole XL means XS thing. Guess I'll wait for someone to receive their shirt and confirm.

That is the most amazing bad retro ever. I wish they had one like that for Contra 4.
9855-550x-contra-poster-2-dsf.jpg

Maybe something like this.

I love American apparel shirts and I'm chubby aka fat. Not sure what you guys don't like about them.

Edit: Hot Topic has a bionic commando shirt on sale for $8.98.
240489_hi

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been waiting for this -- thanks for heads up! My wife is absolutely going to hate being seen in public with me when I wear this.

Too bad shipping is $8.95 and I was in such a rush I missed the 10% popup deal...

[quote name='maxgle']Yo my cheapass fellows, I have nothing against this deal or the mega man in general, but do we really need to wear a shirt this awful just to get some attention from other geeks in public? I mean, I thought last thing we need is more chicks repellent! How about save your money for games instead?

hee. no offense to the guys really.. just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

Not all of us are that insecure.

[quote name='Unassuming Local Guy']The oh so awful trend of using XL-means-XS American Apparel has turned off of buying tees online.[/quote]

Maybe you need a Wii Fit shirt instead. I, for one, hate it when I order my standard M and when I get it, it hangs off me.

Ill pass on this even though I remember the good old days of Mega Man on the Nes...heh...looking back, I have been playing video games for many years, I wonder how much longer...I'm 24 now

? American Apparel tees do not fit as snugly as you guys make them out..

Generally, I order just a size-up in XL in AA and just shrink them down in the dryer. They are kinda loose still, but I'm afraid if I order my normal size of L it'll shrink too much. And don't say don't dry them, I'm down at school and don't have anything to hang a bunch of shirts on so I dry everything.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']? American Apparel tees do not fit as snugly as you guys make them out..

Generally, I order just a size-up in XL in AA and just shrink them down in the dryer. They are kinda loose still, but I'm afraid if I order my normal size of L it'll shrink too much. And don't say don't dry them, I'm down at school and don't have anything to hang a bunch of shirts on so I dry everything.[/quote]

it also really depends on the style. the Classic is by far their loosest fit. i wear the 50/50 in a M, and it's a little snug, with a shorter drape. the Summer Shirt is the tightest fit with a ridiculously long drape.

[quote name='allyourblood']the Summer Shirt is the tightest fit with a ridiculously long drape.[/quote]

That must be the style shirt.woot uses. Those shirts are waaaaaaaaay too long.

hee. no offense to the guys really.. just my 2 cents.[/quote]
"Baaaaw, I'm insecure about being myself and wearing a shirt with a picture of a game I enjoy."

Really now. If girls are repelled by a shirt, then the effort isn't worth it with those types of girls. Surely they're bound to find out you play video games, regardless if you're wearing a Mega Man shirt or not.

I would definitely order this, but god DAMN that price tag is insane. It's almost sickening to know the damn game is cheaper than the shirt itself.

Got mine in the mail today, the shirt is true to size, and looks badass. Pretty heavy cotton, nice printing on the image. Not cheaply done at all.

[quote name='Nibi']Got mine in the mail today, the shirt is true to size, and looks badass. Pretty heavy cotton, nice printing on the image. Not cheaply done at all.[/QUOTE]

Did it shrink in the wash? Don't want to order an XL and have it shrink down to a L. I mean I can wear an L just fine, but I HATE tight clothes. At least from what you've said the shirts Capcom makes aren't the "M=S, L=M" type of shirts. Just hope I can order an XL and have it STAY an XL :)

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Did it shrink in the wash? Don't want to order an XL and have it shrink down to a L. I mean I can wear an L just fine, but I HATE tight clothes. At least from what you've said the shirts Capcom makes aren't the "M=S, L=M" type of shirts. Just hope I can order an XL and have it STAY an XL :)[/quote]

I washed mine tuesday, and it still fits the same, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

bread's done
Back