mega man anniversary game.

FrankySox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
So I was thinking about picking this up but I was wondering if all the games are available from the beginning. I just want to make sure if I go buy it I can play any game of the ten w/o having to unlock anything. Also is this just available on Xbox and PS2? Which is the best?

all the games are unlock. it is on xbox and ps2. some like the ps2 version because of the control. btw i am selling a new copy of the ps2 verison.

It's also on Gamecube, but the XBOX version is the cheapest and best (has the features of both the other two). I played it on PS2 and I'm pretty sure everything wasn't unlocked.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']It's also on Gamecube, but the XBOX version is the cheapest and best (has the features of both the other two). I played it on PS2 and I'm pretty sure everything wasn't unlocked.[/QUOTE]

ah it is the xbox version that's unlocked. The xbox version does not have the feature of the ps2 version, instead it has a different movie. Once again i am selling the PS2 version for $22 shipped

[quote name='62t']ah it is the xbox version that's unlocked. The xbox version does not have the feature of the ps2 version, instead it has a different movie. Once again i am selling the PS2 version for $22 shipped[/QUOTE]
If I had a PS2 I would probably pick it up from you but I only have an Xbox, I was just wondering if it was better on the cube. I'll probably just pick it up on the Xbox. Thanks for the input.

screw you man. Megaman is one of the greatest game series ever. Megaman X is probably one of the most replayable games that I've encountered.

The standard Mega Man games are unlocked (1-6 from NES era, 7 from SNES era, and 8 from Saturn/PS1 era). Besides this, there are two arcade games that are unlockable. It's sort of "Street Fighter with Mega Man characters." The first one is unlocked after you beat the first four MM games, the second I assume is unlocked after you beat the remaining four (I'm almost done with 7 and haven't started on 8 yet).

There are a bunch of other unlockable things too like remixes from the games, a G4 "Icons" episode on the MM creator, and an episode of the MM cartoon.

[quote name='gameprozero']Why do people still buy Megaman games there not fit for this era.[/QUOTE]

Leave.

[quote name='KaneRobot']The standard Mega Man games are unlocked (1-6 from NES era, 7 from SNES era, and 8 from Saturn/PS1 era). Besides this, there are two arcade games that are unlockable. It's sort of "Street Fighter with Mega Man characters." The first one is unlocked after you beat the first four MM games, the second I assume is unlocked after you beat the remaining four (I'm almost done with 7 and haven't started on 8 yet).

There are a bunch of other unlockable things too like remixes from the games, a G4 "Icons" episode on the MM creator, and an episode of the MM cartoon.

Leave.[/QUOTE]
Nope, unlocking the arcade games is even easier than that. Beat Spikeman in MM3 to get the first arcade game, and Junkman in MM7.

[quote name='gameprozero']Why do people still buy Megaman games there not fit for this era.[/QUOTE]
???? Are you crazy man?

[quote name='KaneRobot']
Leave.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly.

I think you mean needleman, there is no such character as spikeman.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Nope, unlocking the arcade games is even easier than that. Beat Spikeman in MM3 to get the first arcade game, and Junkman in MM7.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jputahraptor']I think you mean needleman, there is no such character as spikeman.[/QUOTE]
I think you'd be correct. Dunno why I said Spikeman.

[quote name='redgopher']Gamecube version > Xbox version > PS2 version

99% of you don't agree.
99% of you can go fuck yourself.[/QUOTE]
Before I break out my wenis, care to explain why I'm about to fuck myself? Less bonus features, no remixed music, unchangeable control scheme...doesn't exactly sound like the best version to me.

Did you miss me? Yes go pick it up right now, whats wrong with you, go go...are you still there go, NOW! Seriously though the collection is very good, has all the great megaman games including 7 and 8 which would cost more than the collection, has power battles 1 and 2 which are so much fun (if you never played in it an arcade you really are missing some great fun), and there is a hidden episode from the megaman tv show, what more could you want. The MMM has spoken.

Why do you bother speaking, dont mock the blue bomber ever you simple minded boob.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I think you'd be correct. Dunno why I said Spikeman.[/QUOTE]

Your lack of megaman knowledge pains me.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Did you miss me? Yes go pick it up right now, whats wrong with you, go go...are you still there go, NOW! Seriously though the collection is very good, has all the great megaman games including 7 and 8 which would cost more than the collection, has power battles 1 and 2 which are so much fun (if you never played in it an arcade you really are missing some great fun), and there is a hidden episode from the megaman tv show, what more could you want. The MMM has spoken.[/QUOTE]

The MMM failed to mention that the MM7 from the collection is inferior to the SNES version....
Also the MM8 is from the PS version which is not as good as the Saturn version.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Before I break out my wenis, care to explain why I'm about to fuck myself? Less bonus features, no remixed music, unchangeable control scheme...doesn't exactly sound like the best version to me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the control scheme is best set for the ps2 IMO mostly because Im used to 8 from PSone. Perhaps If I could put an snes controller into the gamecube (.... I dunno) then the controls might work for me but they just dont fit.

[quote name='62t']The MMM failed to mention that the MM7 from the collection is inferior to the SNES version....[/QUOTE]

Ok you try and find a copy of the SNES version, Ill stick with the collection (since my copy of 7 is with all my other MM games for nes, gameboy and snes).

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Ok you try and find a copy of the SNES version, Ill stick with the collection (since my copy of 7 is with all my other MM games for nes, gameboy and snes).[/QUOTE]

Also aside from the slight frame rate problems and the music overshadowing some sound effects (you rarely noticed) its a pretty decent port so dont bitch, you still get that classic megaman gaming which is what really matters, the gameplay is what always matters in a megaman game only second to replay value.

Another thing the collection lacks one of my all time favorite MM games, Megaman & Bass, you should grab it for the GBA if you can or get it emulated for snes, teriffic game (one of the few Ive imported).

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Another thing the collection lacks one of my all time favorite MM games, Megaman & Bass, you should grab it for the GBA if you can or get it emulated for snes, teriffic game (one of the few Ive imported).[/QUOTE]

Megaman & Bass is one of the best of the Megaman games. Everybody should have this in their GBA collection.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I think you'd be correct. Dunno why I said Spikeman.[/QUOTE]

You probably said Spikeman because it's a cooler name for a video game character. I have nothing but love for this series, but they ran out of decent character names after MegaMan 2. Even then they were pushing it.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Before I break out my wenis, care to explain why I'm about to fuck myself? Less bonus features, no remixed music, unchangeable control scheme...doesn't exactly sound like the best version to me.[/QUOTE]

The G4 Icons far outweighs the crappy remixed music. The graphics look like shit on the PS2 (go figure. the sprite edges and fine lines "shimmer"), and the Xbox controls are FAR too unresponsive. The Cube controls are fine once you get used to them (one level and you'll be fine).

I have played all three, Cube is my choice. Plus, my Hori pad is bad ass.

99% of you don't agree.

And 99% of us are right. Cry about it.

[quote name='redgopher']The G4 Icons far outweighs the crappy remixed music. The graphics look like shit on the PS2 (go figure. the sprite edges and fine lines "shimmer"), and the Xbox controls are FAR too unresponsive. The Cube controls are fine once you get used to them (one level and you'll be fine).[/QUOTE]

The XBox controls are fine too - "one level and you'll be fine." Hell, it didn't even take me that long to get used to it. You must not have played all three very much...that is, if you actually have played all three and aren't just saying that. I don't know why someone would make sure to play all three versions of Mega Man Anniversary Collection, but to each their own.

The XBox version has the Icons episode, the music, and every bonus from both the GC and PS2 versions. It is the most complete version available.

I have played all three, Cube is my choice.

Your loss.

Plus, my Hori pad is bad ass.

Uh huh. And what about the 99% of GC owners who don't have a Hori pad? The standard GC pad is pretty crappy for this game.

99% of you don't agree.

And 99% of us are right. Cry about it.

[quote name='redgopher']The G4 Icons far outweighs the crappy remixed music. The graphics look like shit on the PS2 (go figure. the sprite edges and fine lines "shimmer"), and the Xbox controls are FAR too unresponsive. The Cube controls are fine once you get used to them (one level and you'll be fine).[/QUOTE]

The XBox controls are fine too - "one level and you'll be fine." Hell, it didn't even take me that long to get used to it. You must not have played all three very much...that is, if you actually have played all three and aren't just saying that. I don't know why someone would make sure to play all three versions of Mega Man Anniversary Collection, but to each their own.

The XBox version has the Icons episode, the music, and every bonus from both the GC and PS2 versions. It is the most complete version available.

I have played all three, Cube is my choice.

Your loss.

Plus, my Hori pad is bad ass.

Uh huh. And what about the 99% of GC owners who don't have a Hori pad? The standard GC pad is pretty crappy for this game.

I hear the Xbox version is the best and the GC version is the worst.

bread's done
Back