Megaman Aniversary Collection Lottery. (must have paypal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follandboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I have a brand new copy of Megaman Aniversary collection for Gamecube that I am ready to get rid of. Please read this entire post to find out how to enter.

1) Send any amount of money through Paypal to [email protected] Please put CAG as the subject of the payment
2) The person who sends the most money will get the game sent out to them for free.
3) If I receive to identical payments, whoever pays first wins.

Strategies
-I am ready to lose the $14.99 on this game, so if this idea flops and one person pays me $0.01, they will receive the game.
-I have never done this before, I dont know how much to expect everyone will donate, or if anyone will donate any money.
-Paying a higher price such as $5.00 may be a garunteed way to get the game for that low price. Or it may not.
-People who post saying how much they sent may or maynot be bluffing.
-Good Luck.

Lottery Ends 7/18

If this is against this sites rules, Mods please lock and all payments will be refunded.

1) Send any amount of money through Paypal to [email protected] Please put CAG as the subject of the payment
2) The person who sends the most money will get the game sent out to them for free.
3) If I receive to identical payments, whoever pays first wins.

So they get the game sent free? Does that mean you pay them back? Or is this just a way to get money from everyone?

[quote name='nneace']So then if people don't win, you refund the money?[/QUOTE]

That's not what it sounds like to me. It sounds like he is going to keep all the money and then just send the game to whoever gave him the most. Either that, or he left some very important information out of the first post.

Clever. He might just get 100 people to send him a dollar for the chance of getting it for that amount. If you lose $1 so what but if you get it for $1 then great...

[quote name='shipwreck']That's not what it sounds like to me. It sounds like he is going to keep all the money and then just send the game to whoever gave him the most. Either that, or he left some very important information out of the first post.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this has me a bit WTF-ing about this whole thread.

Unless you're going to refund money for everyone else who doesn't "win" the game, this is scamming users for money, and something not allowed on here.

I highly suggest that the OP clarfiy this immediately, or there might be some consequences for this.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, this has me a bit WTF-ing about this whole thread.

Unless you're going to refund money for everyone else who doesn't "win" the game, this is scamming users for money, and something not allowed on here.

I highly suggest that the OP clarfiy this immediately, or there might be some consequences for this.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, sounds like a cheap way to make a ton of money off of a cheap game. I hope he refunds those who don't win.

[quote name='Scorch']Seriously, sounds like a cheap way to make a ton of money off of a cheap game. I hope he refunds those who don't win.[/QUOTE]
After fees going both ways, it would be a losing situation. I don't think he intended to refund.

[quote name='Scorch']Seriously, sounds like a cheap way to make a ton of money off of a cheap game. I hope he refunds those who don't win.[/QUOTE]

Dosen't sound like it.

Look at the key words - donate and lottery.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, this has me a bit WTF-ing about this whole thread.

I highly suggest that the OP clarfiy this immediately, or there might be some consequences for this.[/QUOTE]

THere's no clarifying needed - you know what he's doing, lock it and discuss the consequences later

Dave

[quote name='javeryh']If people want to send me money through paypal I may or may not send you a video game.[/QUOTE]

Would you also accept well-concealed cash?

I'm DEFINITELY gonna win this one. I just sent him $50. Beat THAT!

(And if you believe that, I'd like to show you this bridge I'm selling...)

[quote name='shipwreck']Would you also accept well-concealed cash?[/QUOTE]

I will.

I may or may not send you a free mystery gift of my choosing, as well.

Step 1: Ask people to paypal you money with no guarantee of a game in return.
Step 2: Set up dummy paypal account for yourself, claim this account as lottery winner.
Step 3: Send game to yourself, keep everyones money.
Step 4: Profit!!!

On the one hand, why lock it? If he clarifies his OP to specifically say what the deal is, then I say game on.

If you're dumb enough to send him money, then you deserve what you get.

[quote name='evilmax17']
If you're dumb enough to send him money, then you deserve what you get.[/QUOTE]

So you mean... it's not legit?

fuck.

[quote name='evilmax17']On the one hand, why lock it? If he clarifies his OP to specifically say what the deal is, then I say game on.

If you're dumb enough to send him money, then you deserve what you get.[/QUOTE]

It sets a pretty bad precedent though. I can see the trading forum just getting flooded with these.

[quote name='shipwreck']It sets a pretty bad precedent though. I can see the trading forum just getting flooded with these.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts as well.

We're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back