Megaman collection!!!! cant wait!

Simon Adebesi

CAGiversary!
10 megaman games on one disc.[MM1-8 + 2 new ones] been waiting for a while for this, and nest week it will be here!!! of course im getting the GC version. i hope the rest of you are juiced.

its only 29.99 cant go wrong. i want it now.

Nope, no one does....but some people are so juiced they love to bitch about it. It's like having someone next to you correcting your grammar...it may be the right thing to do...but its more annoying than actually helpful.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If it bothers you guys so much, why do you guys post replies instead of ignoring it?[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

Any who, I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this but their will be diffrences between the Gamecube and PS2 version. And I'm very dissapointed to say, but it looks like the PS2 might have a better hand. I'm not 100% certian but these are the diffrences people have been discusing about.

Playstation 2
-Remixed music in Navi Mode
-No Sound Test(not too sure about this)
-No history of MegaMan
-No Interview
-2 episodes of MegaMan the cartoon(aired on Fox and Fox Family)

Gamecube
-No remixed music in Navi Mode
-Unlockable Sound Test
-History of MegaMan
-Interview with creator of MegaMan
-No MegaMan the cartoon

I was gonna pick up the GC version today but I might have to change, I just don't know. I want the Re-mixed music during play, but the History of Magaman and playing it on a GC feels right.

Yeah, I can't decide which one I want! I really think they should have included the 2d Mega Man X games as well...that would have made for some bad ass box art.

My roommate's a Mega Man fanboy and he's been watching this like a hawk. He mentioned that the control might be kinda weird on the Gamecube version b/c 'A' is jump and 'B' is shoot. Not sure if that matters to ya.

[quote name='Tromack']Hmm...no remixed music in the GC? That might ruin it for me. I do want the history and the interview though. Dammit.[/quote]

There will be remixed music, but only in an unlockable Sound Mode. You can't play and have the music play instead of the OG music. But you can change this in the PS2 version........ So I've heard. Keep in mind I haven't play it yet, but this is what everyones saying.

and of course my EB did NOT get this game in today

"come back tomarrow"

why are the people who work at most game stores herb's?????

EB sucks.... the only reason i go there is because its close.

R.I.P. Microplay

It's been my experience that very few games stores get the game on the shelf on "release day" because wensday is whenthe UPS guys actually get there to drop off the packages. If the store has fast people that can have it up by the en dof the day but most just wait til thursday.

So if a game's releases is on a wensday dont expect to definatly see it till thrusday.

I preordered mine at Gamestop. I went their this morning at 10:00 AM and they didn't have it. So when I get off work I'll go back, but I still don't know which one I'll get. PS2 or GC.

It seems like big companies like Target, Wal-Mart get theirs on the shelf before an actual video game retail company. The only reason I got mine at Game Stop was so I could trade in some games I didn't need anymore like Mega Man 8.

Anyone else picked this one up yet? I got it last night and beat Mega Man 2 and started on Mega Man 3 and 8. This game rocks!!!

I got it after work last night. Pretty sweet except for two things:

1. No option to toggle remixed music on for the game.

2. B IS JUMP?!?!?!? Who in the HELL made THAT decision?!

Otherwise, this game does indeed rock.

got it last night [NICE!!!] beat MM2-3. unlocked power fighters its good. found a few glitches. in MM 3 sparkmans stage. [ well you'll see]. now i must start on MM 7 to unlock power battles. hopefully i'll have em all complete by the end of the weekend.

well worth 30 bucks.

I shouldn't be writing this here, but I had to get the PS2 version. The remixed music is in about the half the stages of Mega Man 1-3, WIly's Stage Music in 2 Rocks, but I think it's all the way through remixed in 4-7. 8 wasn't touched.

I love the L - R toogle for the weapons. The navi mode is annoying sometimes like "Watch out for Spikes, they'll kill you!"

Overal I agree with Simon Adebesi, well worth 30 bucks for any system. Actually I'd have spent $60 - $70 bucks on it.

[quote name='Simon Adebesi']just to make things clear....

B is jump and A is fire.[/quote]

that is really strange...is there anyway to remap the buttons?

if there isn't i'm going to get the PS2 versoin

I can't fucking believed they RUINED the GCN version of this game by switching Jump/Fire. It makes jumping and shooting at the same time very awkward. The whole purpose of this collection was to play the games as they originally were intended, and switching the control scheme (WITH NO OPTION TO CHANGE IT) completely ruins it. It just boggles my fucking mind...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']MegaMan will be $26.88 @ Target next week 6/26-7/3.

Thanks to TrustCompany for the early AD prices[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I got delayed in buying this when it came out, so I'll have to head out on Sunday. Although, Target sometimes gives you early sale-price love...

[quote name='Simon Adebesi']just to make things clear....

B is jump and A is fire.[/quote]

I find this unacceptable. I know Mega Man 2 like the back of my hand, and can complete it on one life and no energy tanks, in 30-45 minutes. Maybe I'm old, but I can't unlearn 15+ years of a certain way of playing a game like that. While I'm not as experienced in the games after 3, trying to alter that mechanic just doesn't work for me.

This is definitely a dealbreaker for the GCN version. Hell...they didn't do it in Mega Man Network Transmission...why do it here? Makes absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever.

Yup, it was a letdown for me as well. I started playing MM2, hitting A to jump and I'm thinking "why am I shooting?" Suddenly I realized that they changed the controls. Sad day, indeed. Also, the remix music is only unlockable in the GCN version, and even then it's not all the songs that are on the PS2 version (apparently). Anyone else feel the collection seemed kind of rushed, on either system?

I ordered the Cube version back in January, then heard about the control scheme and got a bit pissed. Switched to the PS2 version 2-3 weeks ago. Capcom told me they'd send the PS2 version instead.

The Cube version arrived today via UPS.

Bastards. I was really mad when I saw the cover. But I held the cube controller in my hand for a bit and tested it out, and it's not as bad as I thought it was. You get used to it. I'm still pissed that they didn't send the PS2 version like I asked them to, but it's OK. Besides, I didn't really care about the cartoon... I'm more of an interview person. So yeah. I guess it all worked out. Besides, I have a spiffy new black Capcom shirt, now :)

I preordered the GC version from EBs website a while backand it looks like their new in store return policy is finally going to pay off. The second i get it im exchanging it for the PS2 version.

Black Capcom T-shirt, fa shizzle!
(free w/ MMAC from capcom.com store)

ctsfront.jpg

ctsback.jpg

Woo!

ill t-shirt redgopher.....

up to the end of MM7.

i was a little ticked about the remixed music not available during play in the GC version.......

after playing through 2-4, i was really glad it only had the classic music, wouldnt have it any other way. pharoah man's stage music took me way back. brought back mad memories i had forgotten. think back like boot camp. made me wanna run out and get the ice cream man [super shake yo!]

besides megaman belongs on nintendo. he started there MM 1-7 was made for nintendo. i wouldnt have it any other way.

beat em all. no sweat. time to start all over.

oh wait i forgot i bought harvest moon for 26.99 on sale.

so little time, too many damn vidz.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I preordered mine at Gamestop. I went their this morning at 10:00 AM and they didn't have it. So when I get off work I'll go back, but I still don't know which one I'll get. PS2 or GC.

It seems like big companies like Target, Wal-Mart get theirs on the shelf before an actual video game retail company. The only reason I got mine at Game Stop was so I could trade in some games I didn't need anymore like Mega Man 8.[/quote]

They probably also have overnight stockers that EB/Gamestop doesn't.

Does ill mean good?

I got the shirt and was totally disappointed. I was hoping for a Mega Man T-Shirt. They should be paying me $30 to advertise for them if they want it so badly. Instead it appears to be the other way around. I won't fall for that gimmick again. Free T-Shirt, bah!

[quote name='b3b0p']

I got the shirt and was totally disappointed. I was hoping for a Mega Man T-Shirt. They should be paying me $30 to advertise for them if they want it so badly. Instead it appears to be the other way around. I won't fall for that gimmick again. Free T-Shirt, bah![/quote]

That happened to me too at Capcom.com. I thought I was getting a free t-shirt of THE GAME I was buying but instead it was a Capcom t-shirt.

on a side note.

anyone got rockman power battles 1+2 for the neo geo pocket???

i do. like it better than the US ports of the arcade versions. plays like NES megaman. just feels right. not that the arcade versions are bad.

I've been playing MMAC like mad this past week. I have beaten MM 1-7 and only need to finish MM8. I got the Cube version, even though I have both PS2 and GC. Would it have been so hard for Capcom to let you switch the A and B buttons for jump and shoot? I'm used to it now, but there was many a death when I first started playing...

bread's done
Back