MEGATON! Rainbow Six Vegas 2 announced!

H.Cornerstone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/836/836746p1.html

Right now set for release in March of 08 for all "next-gen platforms and the PC". I wonder if that means the Wii? Knowing Ubisoft, surprising it didn't come sooner.

One of the best games this past year and it will be very interesting to see what Ubisoft can do to further take their cover system (which I already feel is the best) and other aspects of the game which was insanely popular.

Lets just hope this time is equal on all platforms. ;)

Vegas was great, but I was hoping for a new location. Re-using assets-BOO

Naw man... R6 games before Vegas were fucking awful. This is the only one that's really playable IMO.

Anyway, I'm excited about it. I'll be picking up the (shock) PC version.

[quote name='InuFaye']Rainbow 6 Vegas 2.......That is a horrible fucking name for a series that was bastarized on consoles.[/QUOTE]
2 Kool 4 Skool

Wow, that's too soon. Splinter Cell, GTA and all the other "big delayed" names are probably going to come out in March. This should be a summer game next year :( Damn wallet. I want this game pretty bad, R6 vegas kept me busy for a long time even with Gears of War out.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']
One of the best games this past year and it will be very interesting to see what Ubisoft can do to further take their cover system (which I already feel is the best) and other aspects of the game which was insanely popular.
[/QUOTE]
It came out last year, but I otherwise agree with you. The storyline of the first game (or uh... 7th game) was designed to directly connect with a sequel, but I don't know what Rainbow is still doing in Vegas. Also stop saying Ubisoft, Ubisoft Montreal is making the game (Best. Developer. Ever) give them the proper credit.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Wow, that's too soon. Splinter Cell, GTA and all the other "big delayed" names are probably going to come out in March. This should be a summer game next year :( Damn wallet. I want this game pretty bad, R6 vegas kept me busy for a long time even with Gears of War out.[/QUOTE]
Next spring/summer looks to be bigger than this fall/winter.

[quote name='Scorch']This is far from "megaton".. iirc, didn't Vegas have a "to be continued" ending?[/QUOTE]

If I remember right it did. It's been a while since I played R6 Vegas, so I sometimes confuse it with GRAW.

Hopefully they'll introduce a matchmaking system like Halo 3 or Shadowrun. Getting into MP games and starting ones were one of the more annoying things about the first game.

[quote name='Chacrana']Naw man... R6 games before Vegas were fucking awful. This is the only one that's really playable IMO.

Anyway, I'm excited about it. I'll be picking up the (shock) PC version.[/quote]

Are you kidding? Vegas sucked terribly! Raven shield for life bitches!

[quote name='help1']Are you kidding? Vegas sucked terribly! Raven shield for life bitches![/quote]

A Halo fan who doesn't like Vegas? Shocking. ;)

[quote name='asianxcore']If I remember right it did. It's been a while since I played R6 Vegas, so I sometimes confuse it with GRAW.

Hopefully they'll introduce a matchmaking system like Halo 3 or Shadowrun. Getting into MP games and starting ones were one of the more annoying things about the first game.[/quote]Yeah, I'm positive that it did end with a "to be continued."

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']A Halo fan who doesn't like Vegas? Shocking. ;)[/quote]

I know right? Because we all know that Rainbow Six: Raven Shield was not tactical at all...

[quote name='help1']I know right? Because we all know that Rainbow Six: Raven Shield was not tactical at all...[/quote]

I was just making fun because they are two completely different types of games. and I don't get how you don't like Vegas, the cover system is one of the most innovative things to come to FPS in a long time.

I honestly didn't care much for the Rainbow Six games until Vegas.

Can't wait for the sequel, I got quite a bit of enjoyment out of the first game.

[quote name='jer7583']Vegas was great, but I was hoping for a new location. Re-using assets-BOO[/quote]

They can't use a new location as the first had a to-be-continued ending where they didn't finish the terrorist, but who knows maybe something bigger is planned for Vegas.

Also, this is absolutely great news. I can't wait to play it. i loved the local for R6 Vegas...ahem and thought the game played brilliantly. I want to see some screenshots of this game. This was the first R6 since probably 3 or the original on N64 that I actually enjoyed and found playable. The rest were very very meh.

bread's done
Back