Megazell's Free And Legal PC Games List!

^ That's great but it's not free for all. You may want to remove it from here and give it it's own thread.

Free Retail PC Game Giveaway.

Raptr is giving out a free copy of Rift.

http://raptr.com/rewards

Just got my copy. Check your accounts if you have them. If not not make a free account people.

^ Good work. Already post on there. Many of those are on this list and Desura has a spotlight post here as well. I look forward to checking out the ones that I don't have listed!

[quote name='Megazell']^ Good work. Already post on there. Many of those are on this list and Desura has a spotlight post here as well. I look forward to checking out the ones that I don't have listed![/QUOTE]

not a problem. hope you find something new.

Thread Update.

Been playing a lot of games as of late so most of my free time has been devoted to ending certain games from this list and enjoy and stack of free retail games that I got from various contest and gifts from forum friends on here and other sites. Ty you all :)

Abduction Destruction

^ That's the latest fully posted game that is slowly replacing many of the F2P games on this list.

Also the full games posted from pages 1 through 12 all have working links and updated content info for various games that have changed since last I posted.

Keep the good will vibes and suggestions coming both for games you want added or features that I can add or modify on this list. :)

I love this thread, thanks for putting it up!
I just have one suggestion...to improve loading speed of pages would you consider just showing a link to the video? If you want to maintain a visual of the game maybe just a scr shot would work.

My old pc struggles to load pages on this site...

[quote name='drhu22']I love this thread, thanks for putting it up!
I just have one suggestion...to improve loading speed of pages would you consider just showing a link to the video? If you want to maintain a visual of the game maybe just a scr shot would work.

My old pc struggles to load pages on this site...[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I will look into it.

If you want send me your PC specs maybe I can help you make it run a lot better :)

I build and maintain older machines for non-profits and make them fly when they are usually considered obsolete.

[quote name='Megazell']Thanks. I will look into it.

If you want send me your PC specs maybe I can help you make it run a lot better :)

I build and maintain older machines for non-profits and make them fly when they are usually considered obsolete.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply...
Its really not that bad...2.4gh core 2 duo with 6g ram, with startups limited to avira, comodo firewall, and threatfire. (windows 7).
Although if you have some tips that will help with loading pages faster id be interested to hear them. (im using opera mostly)

Hmmm...maybe you could start a new thread on the subject of squeezing all you can out of any given rig for running games, though page loading is my issue.
On second thought, maybe this thread keeps you busy enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Phenomenal thread indeed, I bet it took a ton of work to get together. I didn't realize Age of Empires was a F2P, fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the internets. Glad you found something you could enjoy.

[quote name='drhu22']Thanks for the reply...
Its really not that bad...2.4gh core 2 duo with 6g ram, with startups limited to avira, comodo firewall, and threatfire. (windows 7).
Although if you have some tips that will help with loading pages faster id be interested to hear them. (im using opera mostly)[/QUOTE]

Opera is probably not the fastest browser around. I would try Firefox or Chrome.

That's a decent system. I have rigs at a children center with 900 Mhz, 512 Mb on Windows XP Pro SP 3 and this and any other page load super fast.

Try using another browser and/or testing your internet speed. If you still experiencing slow downs then we would have to run Hijackthis to get the center of that tootise pop.

[quote name='drhu22']Hmmm...maybe you could start a new thread on the subject of squeezing all you can out of any given rig for running games, though page loading is my issue.
On second thought, maybe this thread keeps you busy enough.[/QUOTE]

Maybe - It would have to be wiki. The only thing is my expertise stops are Windows XP SP 3 and goes into Linux Mint 12 and other distros. Windows 7 and beyond will very rarely touch my hands.

[quote name='Megazell']
TRLE.NET
[/QUOTE]

That site is a freaking gem, thank you. Tomb Raider was my first ever PSX game, so that and the second one have always really stuck with me..

[quote name='Megazell']Opera is probably not the fastest browser around. I would try Firefox or Chrome.

That's a decent system.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that.. My PC is almost right in line with his specs. I use Chrome, but to each their own.

[quote name='red flare graf']That site is a freaking gem, thank you. Tomb Raider was my first ever PSX game, so that and the second one have always really stuck with me.[/QUOTE]

I actually never enjoyed any of the Tomb Raider games when they first came out.
I have been enjoying the mods and subsequent fan-made content that came from that era when that property was huge.

Some of those TRLE games are freaking awesome. Especially the space related ones.

[quote name='red flare graf']I'll second that.. My PC is almost right in line with his specs. I use Chrome, but to each their own.[/QUOTE]

I can not think of any feature that Opera has that all of the other browsers out don't already have going. If that poster needs a hand with saving his bookmarks and moving on to or testing another browser I have no problem helping.

Why isn't Combat Arms on there? It is a F2P FPS that has a focus on multiplayer (I think it is multiplayer only).

Does it have a cash shop? Is that why is isn't on the list?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Why isn't Combat Arms on there? It is a F2P FPS that has a focus on multiplayer (I think it is multiplayer only).

Does it have a cash shop? Is that why is isn't on the list?[/QUOTE]

Correct. It was on the list but I recently too it off because it has a cash shop. Combat Arms does have an SP side tutorial and bots (not as easy to start from what I remember).

I see, thanks for clearing that up. Was just wondering because I've known about the game for a while and it is supposed to be pretty good, but didn't know all about it because I don't play it personally.

Another cookie for you!

Megazell, Quick question. I'm having a bit of a brain fart trying to find a ship/pirate ship simulator that is somewhere in your list. Do you happen to know what it's name was, and what page it was on? I know it was still in development last time I checked. Thanks Again!

[quote name='ASilver76']Megazell, Quick question. I'm having a bit of a brain fart trying to find a ship/pirate ship simulator that is somewhere in your list. Do you happen to know what it's name was, and what page it was on? I know it was still in development last time I checked. Thanks Again![/QUOTE]

Was it Stratus?

No, it was not a ludlum dare entry. It also had CG/clamation-looking crew members. I also know I didn't see it in the first 50 pages or so of this thread. I'll keep looking.

[quote name='ASilver76']No, it was not a ludlum dare entry. It also had CG/clamation-looking crew members. I also know I didn't see it in the first 50 pages or so of this thread. I'll keep looking.[/QUOTE]

Do you remember the type of game it was (outside of simulation)?

Sorry, all I know is that it was a pure naval simulation game, as far as I can tell. Run your own 18/19th century ship. It was a work in progress (it may have even been in an alpha state), that much I know, and it wasn't pay for play. I should have downloaded it when I first saw it, but for some reason, I didn't. That was stupid of me. Your post had the usual summary and screencaps. Come to think of it, it may have even been a student project for some school - though I can't be 100% sure of it. I appreciate the help, in any case. And if anyone else has any ideas, please feel free to chime in. Thanks Again!

Any chance you have Bejewels 3 and Plant vs Zombies? I'm trying to find them for my daughter who loves puzzle games. Great thread. Thanks.

[quote name='Investor']Any chance you have Bejewels 3 and Plant vs Zombies? I'm trying to find them for my daughter who loves puzzle games. Great thread. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

MSN Games, Google+ Games and Popcap sites have those online. I will update those post will direct links later but you can play them on the web for free. I've done it before a long time ago.

[quote name='red flare graf']Awesome, thanks! I hadn't ever heard of those two Ultimas before.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy!

I also have 2 keys of Ghost Recon Online if anyone is interested.

Thread Update!

NOUS
Trapdoor Below
The Binary
Los Mosquito
Winglancer
ProtoThunder Alpha
Shadow Neko

The purging of the F2P games continues. Also I am removing all KUMA Wars games. Why? Well it seems that the game is not working. I've tried it on several machines and can not connect to a game or play the single player portion. A simple and brief google search brought up others have the same problem so it's gone. Unless someone can vouch for it and perhaps to lead to a link for solutions and what not.

Enjoy!

Source: http://indiegames.com/2012/06/ask_indiegames.html

Ask IndieGames: What makes a good free-to-play game?

Ask IndieGames is a monthly feature that takes a range of topics relating to indie gaming and development and poses them as a question to the editorial staff.

This month's topic is free-to-play (F2P) games. Love them or loathe them, F2P games are gradually taking the video game industry by storm, in the web browser, on mobile devices and now even on home consoles. What elements should indie developers look to include or avoid when building a F2P game? What can indie developers do differently?

^ Interesting discussion going on over there! Check it out if you're interested.

Thread Update.

Pages 1 to 30 have been updated with new links and the removal of any and all Megaupload back up links.

[quote name='Snake2715']Thanks for the thread.[/QUOTE]

NP. Hope you found something you could enjoy!

Megazell, I just wanted to let you know that I finally found the naval sim I was looking for. It's called Spocean, and it's on page 150-something currently. Frankly, I thought I'd never find it!

[quote name='ASilver76']Megazell, I just wanted to let you know that I finally found the naval sim I was looking for. It's called Spocean, and it's on page 150-something currently. Frankly, I thought I'd never find it![/QUOTE]

Word! Enjoy!

Post Updated.

New Link. New Version Out.

[quote name='Megazell']
Silver Knights

Simulation/Mecha
Single Player - Yes
Multiplayer - Yes

Theme: Science Fiction

Silver Knights is a fantastic 3D mech game that allows you to fight against other mechanical beasts. You choose your team and then select one of seven fighting mechs to pilot. You can fully customize your mech and make it your own with upgrades, power ups and combos.

System Requirements

CPU: 800 Mhz
Video: 64 Mb
Memory: 64 Mb
Hard Drive: 25.9 Mb

Download it here - http://guotommy.webs.com/

Gameplay Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxlqxPvW7zc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ozZVtRWYkE

--> Click Here!

As usual great list and great F2P games.

Missed the links to the weekly F2P weekly game videos, but we can look it up on our own though laziness is a virtue.

[quote name='igame']As usual great list and great F2P games.

Missed the links to the weekly F2P weekly game videos, but we can look it up on our own though laziness is a virtue.[/QUOTE]

Hope you found something to enjoy :)

You can always sign up for the newsletters of MMOBOMB and MMOHUT and/or sign up for the Youtube feeder that will email you the links to their vids in your email. Just a little more work but then you can return to the warm embrace of laziness. :D

bread's done
Back